• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU: Spend €50 on PlayStation Store in March, get a €10 voucher to spend in April

It's weird, the email does say that you need to redeem and spend it in April, but i also cant imagine that Sony wouod just take the money out of the virtual wallet again

I'm going to redeem it and take the chance. Bit annoying that it didn't mention spending requirements in the original TOS (only that you had to redeem the voucher) or I would never have bothered going over the £50 qualifying spend in the first place.

Smax

Sony advertised a promotion

Sony gave a date to receive promotion.

Sony failed to give promotion.

Why should we give a shit next time they run a promotion?
In my case:

Sony advertised a promotion

Sony gave a date to receive promotion.

Sony delivered one day early.

I'm going to be there for the next promotion for sure.

Kinyou

I'm going to redeem it and take the chance. Bit annoying that it didn't mention spending requirements in the original TOS (only that you had to redeem the voucher) or I would never have bothered going over the £50 qualifying spend in the first place.
They did say on their official Twitter account that it won't expire once it's in the wallet, so if it should happen you'd at least have grounds to complain.

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/850352640479420416

Freeman76

So I already have 20 quid in my wallet. I redeemed this, can I safely assume if I spend a tenner now they will take it as the free voucher being spent? I can only assume that would be yes, but you never know lol

Just got mine via email too (UK) - they obviously cocked up the Notifications rollout, so had to distribute them by email instead. Not sure what I'll spend it on.

Hedrush

Got my code, gonna put it towards Watch Dogs 2 I think and as it's on sale I'll get it for only £17, bargain.

Thanks Sony

Belgium, just got one too. It does indeed seem to specify that the code needs to be used, and the credit spent by 30th. Guess I'll wait until the 27th...

Woohoo, just got my code too! (UK)

I'd spend it on something, but nothing that tickles my fancy is on sale. Guess I'll just save it for Injustice 2 DLC.

NewDust

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-10-voucher-to-spend-in-april/#comment-753951

The voucher which will be sent in April (if eligible) will need to be redeemed in April. Once redeemed you can spend the value of the voucher any time!

Yet my email states:

De tegoedboncode moet vóór 30 april 2017 zijn ingewisseld en besteed.
Translation: The vouchercode needs to be redeemed and spend before April 30 2017

Not like that is going to be any problem for me... Still better to be safe.

Sky87

Got my email, but it did say it had to be redeemed AND spent within April 30.

Just to be safe i bought Red Faction, Wolfenstein New Blood and Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition for the funds.

dragos495

got mine in the uk as well. gonna use the tenner to preorder destiny 2. got tired of changing the disc with the first one.

Taker666

Still nothing for me in the UK..yet.

I suspect I'll end up having to contact Sony later in the week.

I've not received a promo email from playstation UK/EU since last July (despite have notifications enabled) only emails I get are from the worldwide sony entertainment account for payment receipts, AskPS_UK's twitter account simply won't reply when asked for help (beyond telling me to check my spam, check and recheck a box..and then saying silent when I tell them I already have)..

... didn't get an email saying I qualified for the voucher either (despite spending £52 on March 30th).

WITHE1982

Got mine just after 8pm (UK).

Pre-ordered Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap. There was so much to choose from in the Easter sale but opted to grab this at the reduced ps+ price. Roll on the 18th.

Ludens

Banned
For those who got the code: did you receive the previous mail too, with the estimate delivery date? Did you also receive a notification with the same code on PSN?
Because I got none of those, but I know other italian users just received a mail with the code.

Sky87

For those who got the code: did you receive the previous mail too, with the estimate delivery date? Did you also receive a notification with the same code on PSN?
Because I got none of those, but I know other italian users just received a mail with the code.

I got the one telling me i was eligible, and the email with the code now. Nothing under notification though, just input the one i got in the mail.

If you didn't receive the notification mail a few days ago, you're probably affected by the same bug as the others, and have to contact their support.

My code has arrived in e-mail minutes ago, to those whose this concerns.

I previously got both the e-mail telling to me to watch for notifications "on my PS4" on 6th-7th Apr and later another one that said the same thing but corrected the voucher value to what was advertised earlier instead of that tripled, which still told me to watch for notifications "on my PS4" on 6th-7th Apr.

nicolajNN

I only got a mail with the code

Hedrush

I got the email telling me I was eligible and the email with the code tonight. I got no notifications on PSN that I can see.

Received the qualifying email showing the estimated date.

No, received no notification on PSN with the code, only an email.

Something to note: I recently changed my email on PSN (even though I received the qualifying email on my previous email ID which was in place since 2010) by following the alias Gmail trick I found on your thread.

TNH853

Still nothing for me in the UK..yet.

I suspect I'll end up having to contact Sony later in the week.

I've not received a promo email from playstation UK/EU since last July (despite have notifications enabled) only emails I get are from the worldwide sony entertainment account for payment receipts, AskPS_UK's twitter account simply won't reply when asked for help (beyond telling me to check my spam, check and recheck a box..and then saying silent when I tell them I already have)..

... didn't get an email saying I qualified for the voucher either (despite spending £52 on March 30th).

same. i dont get any mails from sony ( besides the payment mails). still waiting for my key.

Got my code! I'm holding off on buying anything though, since between Horizon, Zelda, Persona and still playing Stardew Valley I'm not going to be playing anything new for months yet, so hopefully it won't get taken away at the end of the month!

I just got mine. They have a terms & conditions page in the e-mail (which sent me to an invalid page, well done promotions/marketing team), but I found the actual page by googling.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/march-cashback/

I'm currently searching through it to see if it actually states the redeemed content/funds will be revoked or removed after a period of time, but not seeing anything.

Though to be on the safe side, the e-mail did state as a closing line as others have pointed out, so I guess I'll find something to spend it on in April:
The voucher code must be redeemed and spent by 30 April 2017.

StuffRuff

Code received this evening around 8pm (UK). Now I just have to find something to buy. It's a toss up at the moment between Witcher 3 Expansion Pass, Elder Scrolls Online or take a gamble and pre order Destiny 2....

Freeman76

Code received this evening around 8pm (UK). Now I just have to find something to buy. It's a toss up at the moment between Witcher 3 Expansion Pass, Elder Scrolls Online or take a gamble and pre order Destiny 2....

If you havent played TW3 DLC just get that pass boyo

Top Bottom