• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Expo 2012 - General & Meet up thread!

Audioboxer

This has been bugging me for a while - you're a Something Corporate fan, right?

Ahhh haha. Yeah, back in the day (I'm only 25, but you know... it's old) they were one of my favourite bands. Still enjoy listening to them these days as well, they put on a great live show when I seen them.

Mikeside

Audίoboxer;42522157 said:
Ahhh haha. Yeah, back in the day (I'm only 25, but you know... it's old) they were one of my favourite bands. Still enjoy listening to them these days as well, they put on a great live show when I seen them.

Awesome - I was a huge SoCo fan too and am 25 now.
Did you ever listen to Jack's Mannequin after SoCo split?

...this is probably a better convesation to have at the weekend or via PM, but whatever :)

Audioboxer

Awesome - I was a huge SoCo fan too and am 25 now.
Did you ever listen to Jack's Mannequin after SoCo split?

...this is probably a better convesation to have at the weekend or via PM, but whatever :)

Yeah of course, JM are great. From what I've read as of late, I believe JM are on hiatus/split as well now? Yeah sure another thing to talk about at the Expo :D

Mikeside

Audίoboxer;42522200 said:
Yeah of course, JM are great. From what I've read as of late, I believe JM are on hiatus/split as well now? Yeah sure another thing to talk about at the Expo :D

added you on Twitter - which days are you at the expo?

Audioboxer

added you on Twitter - which days are you at the expo?

Thursday and Friday.

Beyond what has already been stated, any specific advice for those traveling from abroad (Dublin)?

Time management. Create a timetable of all your transport hook ups, and then a timetable for the event. I'm coming down from Scotland and I'm doing it, never been to London and I don't want to waste much time trying to find out where to go or what time trains/underground are running at.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well doesn't time fly, I booked the tickets for this ages ago (Thanks to Virgin Media for the cheap tickets) and It's already here.

I'm booked to cone down on Friday with an early pass, and if anyone wants to meet up before hand, I'd be happy to say hi, chuck me a pm or bug me on Twitter www.twitter.com/stopitrawr I'm coming down on the train in the morning but can pretty much get to Earls Court at any time.

Looking forward to seeing the WiiU, I have a pre order for the Premium system and AC3, but this hopefully will help me decide what other games to buy.

Spookie

Beyond what has already been stated, any specific advice for those traveling from abroad (Dublin)?

Check weather reports for delays and plan appropriately. It's been raining 24/7 for the midlands and the north. There are two roads flooded next to me and I don't live in an area that is known for flooding!

Mikeside

Check weather reports for delays and plan appropriately. It's been raining 24/7 for the midlands and the north. There are two roads flooded next to me and I don't live in an area that is known for flooding!

We've had some crappy rain down here but at the moment it seems dry and it's supposed to improve for the weekend.
But yeah, keep an eye out.

Stuart444

Audίoboxer;42522098 said:
Cool, I'll be tweeting things/pictures from Eurogamer as well, so there's a good chance someone will be able to find me without even asking :p

I've had my phone for a while but not found out/tried to tweet pics. Only uploaded FB pics. Speaking of, I have my camera, phone and my gfs phone to tweet and film stuff just for fun :D was going to last year but my phone died before I left Scotland, I forgot my phones charger, my gfs phones charger and I forgot my camera.

This year I have a great mobile charger (Link) which is great and works really well (works with all of my devices I am bringing as well :D ) so I shouldn't have any problems with that stuff.

Audίoboxer;42522098 said:
I'm generally quite a reserved person, but @everyone don't feel shy to say hi, we all have at least one thing in common at Eurogamer, gaming.

I'm quite a shy person myself with people I don't know (not to mention some people have trouble understanding me since I have trouble pronouncing hard sounding letters like hard Ks and stuff) but if I can get over that when I'm there, I might speak to some of you guys there :)

Audίoboxer;42522378 said:
I'm coming down from Scotland and I'm doing it, never been to London and I don't want to waste much time trying to find out where to go or what time trains/underground are running at.

You're also from Scotland? How are you traveling to London? I'm getting a National Express bus tomorrow at 10:30pm from Glasgow. (Can't wait :D )

Anyway, what dev sessions/games do you guys plan on seeing anyway? I'm hoping to see everything but depending on queue lines will see how that goes.

edit: might as well give out my twitter for the curious :)

Twitter list - https://twitter.com/radioheadrule/neogaf-eg-expo-2012

Follow me - https://twitter.com/radioheadrule

Also, hashtag for the weekend? #NGEG or something? (Neo-Gaf Euro-Gamer)

How about #GAFEG (or #GafEG depending on what people think is more readable, I guess) or #GAFEGExpo? I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there :)

Spookie

CoH2.jpg

*Begins frothing at the mouth*

ONE MORE SLEEP AND I'LL BE IN LONDON YEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Audioboxer

I've had my phone for a while but not found out/tried to tweet pics. Only uploaded FB pics. Speaking of, I have my camera, phone and my gfs phone to tweet and film stuff just for fun :D was going to last year but my phone died before I left Scotland, I forgot my phones charger, my gfs phones charger and I forgot my camera.

This year I have a great mobile charger (Link) which is great and works really well (works with all of my devices I am bringing as well :D ) so I shouldn't have any problems with that stuff.

I'm quite a shy person myself with people I don't know (not to mention some people have trouble understanding me since I have trouble pronouncing hard sounding letters like hard Ks and stuff) but if I can get over that when I'm there, I might speak to some of you guys there :)

You're also from Scotland? How are you traveling to London? I'm getting a National Express bus tomorrow at 10:30pm from Glasgow. (Can't wait :D )

Anyway, what dev sessions/games do you guys plan on seeing anyway? I'm hoping to see everything but depending on queue lines will see how that goes.

edit: might as well give out my twitter for the curious :)

How about #GAFEG (or #GafEG depending on what people think is more readable, I guess) or #GAFEGExpo? I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there :)

Yeah I bought a battery pack (8400mah) for going, have an HTC One X, battery will probably be dead before I get there!

Don't worry about your accent, mine and my GFs are just as thick. I was born in Glasgow! I'm travelling down by train, we got a single for £16 each from Edinburgh. Leave at 1:30pm tomorrow, arrive about 5 hours later. We couldn't hack a bus journey there, would have me tired for days. I'm getting the bus back though with National Express, train prices were too high. Leaves London at 10:30pm on Saturday night, so we'll just try to grab some sleep on the way back.

I want to see Kojima, but I'm seeing him at the Games BAFTA on Friday night so if queues are ridiculous I'll just skip his Eurogamer session. Apart from that we're quite unplanned, my GF really wants to hit up the indie section and find The Unfinished Swan. We're both PS3 owners, with myself also being a PC gamer - All she has really played on the PC as of late is Diablo 3.

She's not a member on NeoGAF but feel free to add her on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Cheryl__Stewart She knows I'm organizing some meetups.

Mikeside

Company of Heroes 2 beta keys for anyone who plays it at the expo and anyone who goes to the session.

Assuming I get one every time I play this weekend, I may have a few to gift :D

Audioboxer

Company of Heroes 2 beta keys for anyone who plays it at the expo and anyone who goes to the session.

Good stuff, if there is one British trait I have it's 'gimme all yo freebies!' I don't do queuing though :(

Hope there is lots of goody bags and giveaways.

Stuart444

Audίoboxer;42523415 said:
Yeah I bought a battery pack (8400mah) for going, have an HTC One X, battery will probably be dead before I get there!

Mines is an HTC Desire HD, it dies quite easily but I'm hoping I can stretch it out and if not, mobile charger should help (last time, it died within about 5 - 6 hours, before I even left Glasgow)

Don't worry about your accent, mine and my GFs are just as thick.

Haha, it's not technically my accent, more of a speech issue I've had since I was young...

I was born in Glasgow! I'm travelling down by train, we got a single for £16 each from Edinburgh. Leave at 1:30pm tomorrow, arrive about 5 hours later. We couldn't hack a bus journey there, would have me tired for days. I'm getting the bus back though with National Express, train prices were too high. Leaves London at 10:30pm on Saturday night, so we'll just try to grab some sleep on the way back.

1. 16 quid each? Lucky *grumble grumble*, I went with bus since it was the cheapest option for us.

2. For us, it's bus at 10:30pm via National Express and get in for 6:50am (hoping to get to sleep after our first rest stop which will probably be at Gretna Green if it's like last year) and on the way home, it's 9am bus and back in for just before 6 I think.

We hardly go far away in Scotland let alone to England so we're just excited about traveling to London honestly. :D

I want to see Kojima, but I'm seeing him at the Games BAFTA on Friday night so if queues are ridiculous I'll just skip his Eurogamer session. Apart from that we're quite unplanned, my GF really wants to hit up the indie section and find The Unfinished Swan. We're both PS3 owners, with myself also being a PC gamer - All she has really played on the PC as of late is Diablo 3.

We're not heading to the BAFTA thing so we're hoping to see his dev session, he doesn't come here that often after all :D so should be fun. Going to plan out the rest of what we 'want' to do tomorrow before we leave. All we know is we want to see TTT2/DoA5 and Ni No Kuni. And check out the GAME area since we never even saw them last year at all.

She's not a member on NeoGAF but feel free to add her on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Cheryl__Stewart She knows I'm organizing some meetups.

Will do, is she a gamer? Or is she just coming because it's London :p haha. Seriously though, should be fun :) second year I've been to Eurogamer but still can't wait.

Added you all on twitter :) I am going to be there on the Friday.

Following you as well now :)

Audioboxer

Mines is an HTC Desire HD, it dies quite easily but I'm hoping I can stretch it out and if not, mobile charger should help (last time, it died within about 5 - 6 hours, before I even left Glasgow)

Haha, it's not technically my accent, more of a speech issue I've had since I was young...

1. 16 quid each? Lucky *grumble grumble*, I went with bus since it was the cheapest option for us.

2. For us, it's bus at 10:30pm via National Express and get in for 6:50am (hoping to get to sleep after our first rest stop which will probably be at Gretna Green if it's like last year) and on the way home, it's 9am bus and back in for just before 6 I think.

We hardly go far away in Scotland let alone to England so we're just excited about traveling to London honestly. :D

We're not heading to the BAFTA thing so we're hoping to see his dev session, he doesn't come here that often after all :D so should be fun. Going to plan out the rest of what we 'want' to do tomorrow before we leave. All we know is we want to see TTT2/DoA5 and Ni No Kuni. And check out the GAME area since we never even saw them last year at all.

Will do, is she a gamer? Or is she just coming because it's London :p haha. Seriously though, should be fun :) second year I've been to Eurogamer but still can't wait.

Following you as well now :)

Pretty much no one's mobile will survive Eurogamer without a charge pack.

Ah right, well as much as you'll be thinking about it in your head none of us will be. Just try to relax and if you struggle with anything that's fine, the English can't understand us anyway, so they'll probably not know any different :p

Yeah we booked it about ~2 months ago? Train fairs home were a bit more at the time, and the longer we left it the higher they seemed to climb. Was going to get the Megabus home, it was £10 in total!!! But opted for National Express at £25 total, so £12.50 each. Felt National Express would be comfier, plus getting it at 10:30pm at night, it should be a bit quieter and no queues on any motor ways.

First time for us in London as well, and yeah Cheryl is a gamer.

Stop It

https://twitter.com/IamMikeside
I might aswell jump on this #GAFEG Twitter bandwagon.

I've only really used Twitter for competitions before, but I'll try to partake in the fun :)
Just followed everyone who added me on Twitter.

I've been a bit quiet on Twitter, but It's fun for off the guff reactions to live events. Hopefully it'll be a great laugh to see what happens at the event.

Audίoboxer;42523551 said:
Or fuck these queues, I'm away for food.

Someone could make a mint doing food to queue deliveries!

Speaking of those Company of Heroes codes, I want to see more flirtatious banter with the women giving those out - like at the Counterstrike booth last year! She wasn't having any but Spookie and his mate gave it a good go IIRC

Stuart444

Audίoboxer;42523771 said:
Ah right, well as much as you'll be thinking about it in your head none of us will be. Just try to relax and if you struggle with anything that's fine, the English can't understand us anyway, so they'll probably not know any different :p

Yeah we booked it about ~2 months ago? Train fairs home were a bit more at the time, and the longer we left it the higher they seemed to climb. Was going to get the Megabus home, it was £10 in total!!! But opted for National Express at £25 total, so £12.50 each. Felt National Express would be comfier, plus getting it at 10:30pm at night, it should be a bit quieter and no queues on any motor ways.

First time for us in London as well, and yeah Cheryl is a gamer.

Haha. Well, I probably won't talk much til I feel comfortable anyway. As I said, shy around people I don't know but it would be nice to see some people rather than stay to ourselves the whole trip.

I should have booked the stuff two months ago but I booked at the last minute. Hostel only had a 4 bedroom instead of a 2 bedroom (and we both would rather be together than in shared accommodation with strangers >_< ) but the bus tickets have stayed the same mostly so I guess that's something. I've had my Virgin Media early entry tickets since they went on sale though (anyone else got Virgin media discount tickets?)

Good luck finding your way around though mate.

I've only really used Twitter for competitions before, but I'll try to partake in the fun :)

I've not been using twitter much myself (been using FB more) but twitter seems perfect for this >_>

Mikeside

Speaking of those Company of Heroes codes, I want to see more flirtatious banter with the women giving those out - like at the Counterstrike booth last year! She wasn't having any but Spookie and his mate gave it a good go IIRC

The Counterstrike girl gave me an extra t-shirt and a beta code for very lamely pretending I had a heart attack. That was a giggle.

Audioboxer

The Counterstrike girl gave me an extra t-shirt and a beta code for very lamely pretending I had a heart attack. That was a giggle.

My plan to try and use my GF for leverage for freebies isn't going to work... simply because it's always boothbabes, not boothdudes :X

Mikeside

Haha. Well, I probably won't talk much til I feel comfortable anyway. As I said, shy around people I don't know but it would be nice to see some people rather than stay to ourselves the whole trip.

You're going to a videogame conference - don't worry, basically everyone there is either shy or probably a douchebag, lol.

I got over being shy when I realized that most of the time, if you strike up a conversation with somebody who isn't obviously an obnixious dick, they'll probably be friendly and you can just have a chat.

Anyone else got a GAF shirt for the occasion? I'll be rocking a couple on the first 2 days, then it depends if I get home in time to wash & dry on Friday night.

ha that'll be what I'm remembering then I think!

Hope the swag is as good this year!

Aud&#943;oboxer;42523980 said:
My plan to try and use my GF for leverage for freebies isn't going to work... simply because it's always boothbabes, not boothdudes :X

There is the occasional boothdude... one at Nintendo's booth asked me if I used Something Awful and 4Chan... I probably should have been offended if he was insinuating I look the type!

Stuart444

I would love this... I really would

You're going to a videogame conference - don't worry, basically everyone there is either shy or probably a douchebag, lol.

I got over being shy when I realized that most of the time, if you strike up a conversation with somebody who isn't obviously an obnixious dick, they'll probably be friendly and you can just have a chat.

Anyone else got a GAF shirt for the occasion? I'll be rocking a couple on the first 2 days, then it depends if I get home in time to wash & dry on Friday night.

Haha, I guess. I also overthink things too much so don't mind me >_>

Audioboxer

I have my custom Keep Calm And Praise The Sun Dark Souls tshirt that may make an appearance.

Spookie

I KNEW IT! YES!

Oh dear. Haha. I managed to speak to Chet from Valve last year at that booth. That was a surreal experience.

He looked disheartened when I talked to him about Dota 2. :V

Stuart444

I really want to check out the retro section this year, I walked by it last year after having a quick glance and thinking "nice" to myself but never actually played anything.

Audioboxer

Anyone know any good apps to tweet pics on twitter? Or is this one the best?

Also I really want to check out the retro section this year, I walked by it last year after having a quick glance and thinking "nice" to myself but never actually played anything.

Usually whatever twitter app you use will allow you to take a picture within it. I personally use Plume.

Stuart444

Aud&#943;oboxer;42525208 said:
Usually whatever twitter app you use will allow you to take a picture within it. I personally use Plume.

Haha, I edited that out after I realized I could share it using the official twitter app.

Hows Plume anyway as a twitter app?

Audioboxer

Alright chaps I'm off to stay at the GF's tonight, then it's off to London tomorrow. Hit me up on Twitter if you all want, probably won't be on GAF much if at all.

Stuart444

Aud&#943;oboxer;42535396 said:
Alright chaps I'm off to stay at the GF's tonight, then it's off to London tomorrow. Hit me up on Twitter if you all want, probably won't be on GAF much if at all.

Alright, hopefully see ya in London in a few days :)

Spookie

Sheeeit. Just got paid more at work than I first though and earned £40 for fixing a family members PC. That's my food money paid for then! \o/

MRORANGE

part of me thinks that this Expo will be a right snoozefest, nothing that exciting for me this year.

Still going though, been going since 2008

I'll be heading to the Thursday event so hopefully I'll catch some gaffers.

Really want to catch the Kojima panel but there's a lot of other crap I want to see. Any advice for a EGExpo newbie when it comes to time management etc?

Mikeside

I'll be heading to the Thursday event so hopefully I'll catch some gaffers.

Really want to catch the Kojima panel but there's a lot of other crap I want to see. Any advice for a EGExpo newbie when it comes to time management etc?

Keep an eye on queues for the dev sessions because they will fill up fast.
Best time to queue if you think it's gonna be busy is just as the session before goes in

Stop It

Keep an eye on queues for the dev sessions because they will fill up fast.
Best time to queue if you think it's gonna be busy is just as the session before goes in
I imagine the early bird period would best best to try to play the more popular stuff because less people will be there? I have a list of stuff I want to see, but I'm not sure if I'll fit it all in.

Still, whatever I do see, I'm still looking forward to the event, should be fun at least.

Mikeside

I imagine the early bird period would best best to try to play the more popular stuff because less people will be there? I have a list of stuff I want to see, but I'm not sure if I'll fit it all in.

Still, whatever I do see, I'm still looking forward to the event, should be fun at least.

Oh you're definitely right there. It's nice to have that hour to make sure you get to play that one game or two that you REALLY don't want to miss/queue forever for.

I'll be using it for CoH2 & Dishonored on Thursday, ZombiU & Pikmin 3 on Friday, CoH2 again & Gears of War on Saturday and Halo 4 & Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on Sunday.

From how great they were at Rezzed, I highly recommend Hotline: Miami, Natural Selection 2 and ESPECIALLY Prison Architect.

If the Far Cry 3 demo is the same as the one at Rezzed, then you really need to take your time with the first bit in the jungle and explore as much as you can, because it's an incredibly short demo otherwise.

Mikeside

Well I've not slept. Less than a day now till the expo. Not looking forward to getting down to London tonight!

Pace yourself, fella!
My portable charger should be arriving today to make sure my phone doesn't die - it has a habit of not lasting the day when I need it to.
Should be good for keeping Vita/Tablet/3DS charged if needed too.

Stuart444

I had a great sleep. However hopefully being up this early means I'll sleep on the bus to London... hopefully.

Last year, I had a total of 2 hours sleep between Glasgow and London but the excitement kept me awake all day... still hoping for better than that this year.

Just waiting for the gf to arrive so we can finish our preparations (including going out for some juice for the trip down. Irn Bru or something probably)

AHA-Lambda

As someone who has never been before:

1) Any advice/things I should know about what the queues are like for the games?

2) Is there any chance of a fan meet and greet for Kojima for photos, signings etc?

Top Bottom