• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Report 1st half 2015 - Top 20 Best-selling games (actual sales figures inside)

Yeah like people said Namco being the 4th biggest publisher on the list but Dark Souls 2 and The Witcher 3 are no where to be found. Something is not adding up here.

Does that number include digital sales?

Nope. Witcher had also strong start in practically every European country and has been in top 10 in german charts since its release. It's simply impossible that it would have sold under 400k and not to made that list.

Rymuth

I know a lot of poster have harped on this but the absence of Witcher 3 is bizarre.

Great to see Bloodborne in the top 10

Dinda

Something is wrong, We can pretty much guarantee from the Biu Awards (Witcher 3 had more than 200000 on PS4 in Germany alone until June), info from England etc that the Witcher would have easily sold more than enough that it would be in the top 20.

Maybe it is only until June, so not including? But that wouldn't make sense either with Batman in.

Lionheart

Do these include games bundled with console hardware? I'm guessing not, because otherwise the average price would have been lower for some titles.

Hasney

Something is wrong, We can pretty much guarantee from the Biu Awards (Witcher 3 had more than 200000 on PS4 in Germany alone until June), info from England etc that the Witcher would have easily sold more than enough that it would be in the top 20.

Maybe it is only until June, so not invluding? But that wouldn't make sense either.

I thought the last part, but Batman is in, so it has to include June.

Maybe it is only until June, so not invluding? But that wouldn't make sense either.

Nope its not till June because Arkham City is on the list.

Klossen

Banned
Bloodborne in Top 10 with the highest average price and only available on one console?

Oh-Yeah-Obama-Singing-Gif.gif

Bruno MB

Reposting charts from previous years.

Top 20 All Format (Value) January - June 2011
(All SKU's, normal and special editions)

mWITP8P.jpg

Top 20 All Format (Value) January - June 2012

pcabKj2.jpg

Top 20 All Format (Value) January - June 2013

uq3iU7A.jpg

Top 20 All Format (Value) January - June 2014

NI2Qaw3.jpg

Mael

The only game I have there is Bloodborne and I bought that in the US, I contributed nothing for 2015.

Nordicus

You think Bandai Namco wants their numbers hidden?

Not only Witcher 3, but I can't find Dragon Ball Xenoverse either. It had sold 2+ million WW iirc, and I'd reckon EU sold enough to go past The Crew

Mendax

Sold units could be estimates based of total sales value and average price?

hmmm that would be strange, why would they know the definite total sales value but not know the amount of units sold? The other way around would be more likely imo

EA tried selling disc parts.

I think they succeeded in that lol

You think Bandai Namco wants their numbers hidden?

Not only Witcher 3, but I can't find Dragon Ball Xenoverse either. It had sold 2+ million WW iirc, and I'd reckon EU sold enough to go past The Crew

or maybe EA wants the witcher 3 number hidden <cough>

Ryng_tolu

Banned
FAR CRY 4 IN TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
EDIT: No, is not. :(
This chart should be ordered by unit sold...

Also, GTA is a truly monster. just wow, first in the 3* year of sales...

ethomaz

Banned
Destiny selling better or close to 2015 big releases.

Amazing performance for a new IP.

PS. This chart could be ordered by units :D

Dinda

Bandai Namco are mentioned as the 4th highest selling publisher in EU so they'e not hiding their numbers.

Yes but with no games listed in the Top 20.

For me the odd one is Far Cry4. That's what i would have expected for the Witcher 3. And Ubi isn't really that high in the Publisher List. But than again, even if it seems a bit much Far Cry had to be somewhere lower in the Top 20 since it definitely would have sold more than say Dragon Age etc.

Weird List.

DieH@rd

Banned
This list makes no sense. Entries are not ranked by money earned or copies sold. Just a mishmash of random titles.

lol at Minecraft outselling Call of Duty

In what way? According at this list, COD sold more copies and earned much more [all retail].

bombshell

This list makes no sense. Entries are not ranked by money earned or copies sold. Just a mishmash of random titles.

It's ranked by the Sales Value column. Minecraft is represented by two rows both in 9th place, add the sales value for those two rows and the table is perfectly sorted.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

In what way? According at this list, COD sold more copies and earned much more [all retail].

Minecraft both version < 1.5 million
Call od Duty: Advanced Warfare < 1.2 million

How is it possible to have nintendo so high in the west?! :/

because Nintendo is carrying their two platforms, while everyone else is split among PS4/XB1

from a platform perspective, think of it as 3DS+Wii U having slightly more than 12.57% (cause there are some 3rd parties, even if insignificant)

wrowa

Good point, so it should definitely be over 1M comparing it to the Bloodborne number. This data is retail only and digital ratio is getting bigger and bigger.

It's worth noting that Bloodborne was hard to get at launch. I remember wanting to buy it on launch evening and it was impossible to find even a single version locally. First time I bought a full price download on consoles.

Top Bottom