• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

Ladekabel

Got Metroid Fusion and Link's Awakening.

Despite the 3DS logo above Fusion it is for the Wii U. Now I need to scrap 1100 more points for Metroid II...

Xaltheron

You mean there's finally something worth spending my stars on? Hooray!

I think I'm gonna settle for the games with more sane prices though, some of them are a bit ludicrous.

Oh man the pricing of some articles is really odd. Why are GBA games so freaking expensive compared to SNES games?

I have 4750 stars in my account. I was thinking about getting NES Remix.

Metroid Fusion is Wii U only? Damnit. I don't know if I want to spend the points on MK8 DLC but I don't think there's going to be anything else I'll like.

LAA

Awesome we finally have it!
At least I have something to get...I think, not sure when club Nintendo codes stop being distributed and points not being redeemed anymore, but if nothing else else good physically comes up (Which I probably wont have enough points for anyway), could get some cool digital goodie.

Gagaman

I'll bite if they do limited time offers like they are in the US, but right now the star prices are a complete joke.

Currently for about 600 points in the US you can get Super Mario 3D land, Over here for 800 you can get...Alleyway.

Platy

Not sure if the list is wrong or they are still addiding games, but

noqyfUa.png

Metroid Fusion is Wii U only? Damnit. I don't know if I want to spend the points on MK8 DLC but I don't think there's going to be anything else I'll like.

Just remember that the MK8 DLC is JUST THE ONE RELEASED SO FAR

Got Metroid Fusion and Link's Awakening.

Despite the 3DS logo above Fusion it is for the Wii U. Now I need to scrap 1100 more points for Metroid II...
Copmplain to customer support claiming you were miss-sold. I'd be interested to see if they "correct" your stars or actually generate a download code for ambassador Metroid Fusion (it could be technically possible to do but it requires the relevant department to do something).

Unless you've already started the download in which case, oh well...

I'll bite if they do limited time offers like they are in the US, but right now the star prices are a complete joke.

Currently for about 600 points in the US you can get Super Mario 3D land, Over here for 800 you can get...Alleyway.
It might shock you to find out that stars are coins are different currencies.

For example a retail Wii U game in America give 50 coins while here it gives 250 stars.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Bah not enough points. Should have kept them all this time instead of getting all them goodies over the years.

Wait, A Link to the Past is the English version? So why did they force me to play it in German when I downloaded it from the eShop?

TheMoon

Wait, A Link to the Past is the English version? So why did they force me to play it in German when I downloaded it from the eShop?

Because you're not from Switzerland where they have to offer multiple languages due to them all being official languages. The CN catalog covers those countries, too so they have to offer all the codes.

Gagaman

It might shock you to find out that stars are coins are different currencies.

For example a retail Wii U game in America give 50 coins while here it gives 250 stars.

Ah ok I wasn't aware of this.

Still, 22 and a half full retail games over the years would get me one 5th of Wii Sports Club and Alleyway, for example. Bit of a con to be honest. :(

RiggyRob

You can choose whether you want the English, French or German version.

This could be a sort of temp replacement for the Nintendo Network Premium until Club Nintendo gets replaced by the new membership service. Plus it's nice to have the ability to get the games as rewards even though the physical stuff is usually better to spend your stars/coins on.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So we are finally getting digital tiles on club Nintendo just as it closes. Not that it's matters since they are overpriced.

Ah well I will get Metroid II and some other games.

A Link to the Past is only 1300 stars when the other SNES games are 2100. Just as a heads up.

Still overpriced for a butchered version.

Don't we still have a few months to go? I think I'll hold onto 5000 points just in case we get another soundtrack, those games don't interest me anyway.

MrPanic

Well, kinda expensive, but since I'm losing stars anyway this month I might as well pick some stuff up. Probably some of that 3ds ambassador exclusive stuff.

gerudoman

Ridiculous prices indeed, but I'll bite since I prefer expensive games to lame, expensive merchandise. I'm getting Link's Awakening for sure, I hope to see Wario Land 2 and 3 too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
horrible star-redeeming ratio, but maaaaan, wasn't about time for us to have these?
i wonder if this kind of offer (finally brought to EU) could be a sneak peak for the new "account service" coming this fall...

RiggyRob

Some of the prices are kinda weird - Minish Cap is more than double WarioWare and Metroid Fusion, but they should all be GBA VC games for Wii U. Unless it's Zelda tax, but more than double the others is very strange.

How do I complain to nintendo about the download code? I got wario and metroid, but they read as 3DS at checkout.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Contact-621598.html
click the flag at the bottom of the page if not in UK/Ireland for info appropriate to you.

Do not redeem the codes on Wii U

They will probably give you a refund on the stars upon the codes being revoked.

Also make sure to screencap the 3DS part if they turn around and deny that they were misleading.

Also be patient and expect to have to explain the whole story from the start even when replying to them.

Tillbo

I was really hoping on a final cool item from Club Nintendo, like an exclusive Amiibo or something.

Looks unlikely now though...

Azzawon

This is frustrating. I literally just spent up on a damn pouch for my 3DS thinking there would be nothing worthwhile coming to Club Nintendo before closing down.

Top Bottom