• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European diplomats on Trump: 'Being anti Obama is basically his only position'

I wish I could read Trump's mind and listen in on how depressed he is deep down. You know the manchild's depressed because he knows deep down that he'll never be on Obama's level and will be remembered as an idiot.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
"Do you think that we should make it legal to eat human babies?"

"What did Obama say?"

"He was strongly against it."

"Let's do it."

chadskin

Fascinating read.

Alberto Nardelli who wrote this broke the news that Putin and Trump had a second meeting at the G20 on his Twitter days before it eventually made news around the world. You better believe this is well-sourced and accurate.

I honestly believe that the whole alt-right movement and it's hatred against black people (mainly black men) is due to some weird obsession about perceived black men's penis size. It has to be it. When white people used to lynch black guys back in the day, they would routinely castraste them or cut their penises off. If you look at a lot of alt right posters, they always mention cuck this and cuck that and also highlight dumb shit like 'white women holding black pole/staff, Hollywood is trying to condition them to be sexually attracted to black men'. It's so weird and anecdotaly, I've had a couple ex girlfriends who showed me hilariously sad DMs about their dislike of them dating/being attaracted black men. Chances are that Trump saw Obama getting dressed at some point and it completely destroyed him. That has to be it right?

The white man's fear of black men stealing white woman has a long painful history.

Fascinating read.

Alberto Nardelli who wrote this broke the news that Putin and Trump had a second meeting at the G20 on his Twitter days before it eventually made news around the world. You better believe this is well-sourced and accurate.

I doubt he had to make much effort on getting people to shit on Trump. If there was an 'EU approval rating of the US president' it would going into negatives right now. Hell, even the UK, most reliable European ally of the post-war era, isn't having his shit anymore. That's saying something.

norinrad

Very accurate though. He says great, the best, very beautiful all the time when he's not insulting people. He's never been able to hold a dialogue nor explain things in a clear sense.

He is very limited.

Monocle

Great job electing this dangerous idiot, pissclowns.

The sentence "I'm a Trump supporter" makes me respect a person about as much as if they were to tell me "I found a great way to drink apple juice out of my asshole."

I still can’t wrap my head around why Obama is viewed so negatively by the conservatives of the US. I just can’t.
It's because they're racist as fuck and so low-info and brainwashed that they resent a great leader when they have one. And even after he's gone, apparently.

Sunster

Obama accomplished an incredible amount in 8 years except for one thing...

Gun control.

The minute Obama shed tears over Sandy Hook, the hatred exploded. All because a black man dared to say that the country needed to seriously consider gun control.

Once the conspiracy theorists got hold of it, the subject was obliterated and Obama was beaten into submission.

and closing Guantanamo. which promised he'd do.

norinrad

“Berlusconi wasn’t ignorant. And behind him he had officials and a whole government structure you could engage with,” one diplomat said.

The officials revealed that at international meetings, Trump has openly mocked his own aides, contradicting and arguing with them in front of other leaders. That has compounded the impression of an administration in chaos. “We can hear everything, it’s weird,” one diplomat said.

Hehehehehehehehe Did Silvio love women? Absolutely, was he a dick? not really.

danm999

Makes sense. If my brand was based on opposing Obama and liberals I wouldn't bother being curious about anything to do with a policy beyond "what did Obama think about it".

Syriel

I still can’t wrap my head around why Obama is viewed so negatively by the conservatives of the US. I just can’t.

The thought of a brown man as an equal, let alone leader of the free world, short circuited their brains.

That's also why they elected the world's biggest idiot as a follow-up.

Everything I thought of in my mind about what Trump is like on the world stage has been laid out in this article.

The laughing stock bit was a given, but basically just going against everything Obama did even if its in his interest is beyond pathetic.

mclem

I wish I could read Trump's mind and listen in on how depressed he is deep down. You know the manchild's depressed because he knows deep down that he'll never be on Obama's level and will be remembered as an idiot.

You're assuming a level of self-awareness that I'm not sure exists.

The thought of a brown man as an equal, let alone leader of the free world, short circuited their brains.

That's also why they elected the world's biggest idiot as a follow-up.

I think the fact that Obama was basically a (somewhat deliberate, carefully curated) walking rebuttal of every racist conception one might have particularly enhanced that feeling. They didn't get a Dave Chappelle skit, or a man where they might get to go 'Well of course he'd screw that up, he's black', and use that for further dismissal of black americans and their rightful place in politics. Obama just did not fit any of the negative stereotypes laid out for him, and consequently the only place many of his detractors could go with their racially charged hatred of him was pure irrationality and disconnect (I wouldn't say most of them either understood or even disliked some of his more questionable aspects).

YourMaster

Because he's black. That's all there is to it. Not that hard to wrap your head around

I think there's more. I think it's also because he represented 'change', 'hope' and 'progress', even more so than his democratic predecessors and him being a different color reinforced that message. Obama was very consistent in his messaging there, always on point.
There's a reason 'conservatives' are called the way they are, it's because they don't want change.

cameron

Donald just retweeted a poll from a pro-Trump account (poll taken 6 days ago on Obama's birthday):
noggro4.png

https://twitter.com/ProgressPolls/status/893558108064239616

L Thammy

I think the fact that Obama was basically a (somewhat deliberate, carefully curated) walking rebuttal of every racist conception one might have particularly enhanced that feeling. They didn't get a Dave Chappelle skit, or a man where they might get to go 'Well of course he'd screw that up, he's black', and use that for further dismissal of black americans and their rightful place in politics. Obama just did not fit any of the negative stereotypes laid out for him, and consequently the only place many of his detractors could go with their racially charged hatred of him was pure irrationality and disconnect (I wouldn't say most of them either understood or even disliked some of his more questionable aspects).

This is a good point too.

I think birtherism showed how specifically upsetting Obama was. It was a conspiracy theory based around Obama not being a legitimate president. It was a way to say that a black president never actually happened; it was a fake American who stole the position through illegitimate means. His win doesn't really count because he was never really in the contest.

It's not even about being opposed to his policies or him being in office. They wanted to completely wipe Obama out of presidential canon.

DogDude

I vehemently disagree with the title and that can make Trump worse than anyone on the Republican side. I think it's dangerous to think otherwise. There were ~19 other Republican candidates and they were the anti Obama candidates.

"Allowing" illegal immigration for example was not the most prominent thing to come from the Obama administration but Trump unleased his own monster and made an issue Republicans were barely talking about into the single greatest issue on both sides during the 2016 campaign. Trump has plenty of anti-Obama stances but labeling him just that seems incredibly stupid to me.

chadskin

I vehemently disagree with the title and that can make Trump worse than anyone on the Republican side. I think it's dangerous to think otherwise. There were ~19 other Republican candidates and they were the anti Obama candidates.

"Allowing" illegal immigration for example was not the most prominent thing to come from the Obama administration but Trump unleased his own monster and made an issue Republicans were barely talking about into the single greatest issue on both sides during the 2016 campaign. Trump has plenty of anti-Obama stances but labeling him just that seems incredibly stupid to me.

The title is a quote uttered by a European official, so they're talking about US foreign policy, not domestic issues.

Trump withdrew the US from the Paris climate deal even though it doesn't put the US at a disadvantage, he withdrew the US from TPP even though it's now actually hurting rural America, he wants to rip up the Iran deal even though it's working, he wants a different Afghanistan strategy because it too closely resembles Obama's even though no one has been able to come up with a better plan ...

gamz

I don't believe that Trump himself really hates Obama so much as it's really the only unifying factor of his base and that's where he gets all of his validation from. He thinks of his presidency like a television show in which he's found his audience and is almost exclusively pandering to them. It's a disgustingly cynical way to treat the office of Presidency, but I'd expect nothing better from him.

He hates that Obama was popular and loved and he's not. Period.

Hehehehehehehehe Did Silvio love women? Absolutely, was he a dick? not really.
Oh he is still definitely a dick, but he has 10 times the political acumen, compared to trump. Congratulations USA, you out-berlusconied us.
Edit: don't talk about him in the past tense. He's trying to get back into politics with the elections closing in.

Effect

Because he's black. That's all there is to it. Not that hard to wrap your head around

This. The answer is actually very simple. Some people just refuse to accept it though. It has to be something else that he did or they didn't like, etc. No. It is simply because he is a black man in the US that managed to be elected President of the United States not once but twice. It broke the mask, minds, etc of many people in this country to the point they'd rather have an ignorant, erratic, narcissist, racist, sexist buffoon in the White House I guess as payback, revenge, etc!?

Stances on the issues don't matter at all to these people. So many of these people actually benefit greatly from the ACA/Obamacare, etc but when Trump said he'd take it away they cheered. We've had threads here about articles about how some of these people convinced themselves Trump didn't really mean he'd take away their healthcare while he was 100% saying he would and was trying to. They couldn't bring themselves to acknowledged Obama did something good for them on that front and they were still willing to vote for Trump again. That's the racism at play here. That's the level of stupidity on display and what Trump is making them feel good about.

Like said it isn't just limited to Trump and people that voted for him. Republicans had this on full display when Obama got elected. They were determined to make sure the first Black President had no legacy and that was the plan from day one. Who the fuck does that and holds meetings to plan that!? This is why it drives me up the wall whenever I see a Dem say "my friend" etc. I know it's just a old formality but I wish it would stop.

Top Bottom