• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

ToonLink

Both my LE from Nintendo UK and the amiibos from GAME turned up together. Wasn't expecting that! Looking forward to starting my adventure with Samus later.

WT2Sv67.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So like I said my expensive Amazon.de preorder didn't ship yet, so I thought I might as well check out the local Mediamarkt. I hadn't really hoped on finding the Amiibo. But

HAHAAAA

*cancels amazon.de preorder*

My Gameseek order got canceled since it "won't work in my country".

Fine with me, I wanted to cancel anyway since I found it cheaper at Amazon.de. Now hopefully that one doesn't get cancelled. This has seriously been the most difficult LE I've ever tried to acquire.

Jofamo

Well Nintendo UK screwed me over today. Not a peep from the postman, and RM tracking isn't offering any kind of information other than it's in their system. It better show up tomorrow.

Well Nintendo UK screwed me over today. Not a peep from the postman, and RM tracking isn't offering any kind of information other than it's in their system. It better show up tomorrow.

Yup. Exactly the same for me, including the RM tracking. This is the first time they've let me down. Luckily I've got other stuff to play but it's still annoying when you preorder something for release day and it doesn't show up.

the-iek

I received my order from amazon.de yesterday but I don't really need it anymore. Anyone of GermanGAF still on the lookout for the Limited Edition?

JordanKZ

LOL.

Fucking Royal Mail managed to lose mine in the 0.3 mile radius between my flat and the sorting office. Looks like I'll not be getting the version of the game I stalked NeoGAF and Twitter for weeks for to make sure I got.

Cheers, postal service.

oti

Banned
Media Markt screwed up my copy. They put a sticker on it and removed it, damaging the packaging in the process. I told them I want another copy, but they were sold out. I then told them to order another one so I could pick that up, but they are sold out everywhere apparently. They didn't even apologise so I left.

Guess I'm skipping the game for now.

Oh god these people have my SNES mini pre-order.

TheMoon

Media Markt screwed up my copy. They put a sticker on it and removed it, damaging the packaging in the process. I told them I want another copy, but they were sold out. I then told them to order another one so I could pick that up, but they are sold out everywhere apparently. They didn't even apologise so I left.

Guess I'm skipping the game for now.

Oh god these people have my SNES mini pre-order.

mine had a sticker on it too but they left it on (I had it delivered to me, no pick-up) and I could remove it myself, thankfully.

oti

Banned
mine had a sticker on it too but they left it on (I had it delivered to me, no pick-up) and I could remove it myself, thankfully.

That's great. No such luck for me unfortunately. I'm not usually someone who cares that much but it's a SE.

flozuki

Picked my LE up yesterday and it seems my local store occupies a butcher as a salesman :( Saw the stickers on the LE and just wanted to ask if I can remove them myself and there it was... these loud noises that the guy behind the counter caused because he ripped the stickers from the LE like there is no tomorrow... and he didn't just remove the stickers... the cover artwork was gone too O-o It was like Samus was screaming inside the box and the world stood still in our mall for a few seconds. Lucky me he had another copy there and exchanged them but that poor guy that will get the other copy :-/

TheMoon

Picked my LE up yesterday and it seems my local store occupies a butcher as a salesman :( Saw the stickers on the LE and just wanted to ask if I can remove them myself and there it was... these loud noises that the guy behind the counter caused because he ripped the stickers from the LE like there is no tomorrow... and he didn't just remove the stickers... the cover artwork was gone too O-o It was like Samus was screaming inside the box and the world stood still in our mall for a few seconds. Lucky me he had another copy there and exchanged them but that poor guy that will get the other copy :-/

massive price reduction due to damaged product or no sale. fuck those incompetent people.

Does anyone have a spare copy of the LE from say a double order or something that they'd be willing to sell me, please?

Please PM me if so. Thanks.

LAA

Actually got my metroid SE with amiibos from Nintendo UK.
Resigned myself to estimated Monday delivery. Still not impressed that an official Nintendo website couldn't deliver Metroid to it's customers for release, luckily in its favour knee deep in Destiny 2.

nubbe

So did Amazon.de in the end really charge 100 EUR? Some people were saying they'd adjust the price after release.

amazon.de charged me €100 for the game and €20 for the amiibos

They did adjust the prices for BotW, but not this time it seems

TB12

Banned
Got mine yesterday at Media market (Holland) for 79 euro... Pure luck, i was too late with preoder, but i knew the media market store always have a couples of LE on sale day :)
So far great game, great packaging!
Its a shame this game dont come out at switch, come on Nintendo what are you doing!...

IMG_20170915_205429.jpg

So did Amazon.de in the end really charge 100 EUR? Some people were saying they'd adjust the price after release.

Yes they f'n did.
Really really strange situation, such a big price difference never happens with other games.

Damn, you got ripped off for 10 euro. Got mine at my local MM for 69 euro.
Guess that's the downside of these stores being franchises huh?

You think he got ripped off? Cute. :D

Does anyone want to buy mine off me? I'm in the UK but I really shouldn't have bought it as I have the SNES mini to pay for in 2 weeks.

Probably Pancakes:
Does anyone have a spare copy of the LE from say a double order or something that they'd be willing to sell me, please?

Please PM me if so. Thanks.

Also, anyone have any luck asking game what was up with the 3ds case bonus?

BigFred

Neo Member
The crazy thing is I actually would consider that just to avoid the buying from randoms on eBay risk which is what I've been looking at, I'm an idiot.

An idiot who really wanted the Legacy Edition.

:(

I'm really sorry to hear that. If I had known I'd have ordered 1-2 more copies for the international fans when I got the chance. Unfortunately my last order was practically cancelled quite unexpectedly one day before release so I have no copy left unless they receive more stock. I have little hope though.

But there are a few German and probably other forums where people offer editions they don't need.

Here you find all the real nerds. I'm there too :)
https://maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=board&brdid=2

I see one from "Pirx" and "Syxta" there. I have no idea if anyone sells to Australia but maybe you can just start a "S" (searching) thread and ask.

Here you may find more:

https://www.ntower.de/community/thread/55480-metroid-2-samus-returns-legacy-edition-thread/

Maybe you can also find someone here at Neogaf. Wish you good luck!

Jb

Gameseek is fucking trash.

They didn't actually have the legacy edition (and yet charged my CC as soon as I pre-ordered) and they didn't even send me an email to notify me. If I hadn't contacted them and asked WFT was up with my preorder they would have charged me for literally nothing. God damn what a bunch of fucking amateurs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gameseek is fucking trash.

They didn't actually have the legacy edition (and yet charged my CC as soon as I pre-ordered) and they didn't even send me an email to notify me. If I hadn't contacted them and asked WFT was up with my preorder they would have charged me for literally nothing. God damn what a bunch of fucking amateurs.

GameSeek is apparently known to be rather dodgy. I believe HotDealsUK has even banned links to them.

Top Bottom