• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Have you been living in a cave all your life? This is Eurovision we're talking about.

No but it seemed to get worse (or better) these last ten years. But then I see some mad men from Germany 79 and it appears it has been this way longer.

I could swear there was a more serious period in the eighties/begin nineties. But maybe my memories as a kid have been tainted.

No but it seemed to get worse (or better) these last ten years. But then I see some mad men from Germany 79 and it appears it has been this way longer.

I could swear there was a more serious period in the eighties/begin nineties. But maybe my memories as a kid have been tainted.

Oh, it has been getting worse the past years, actually. There's always been the odd well-performing entry that wasn't all cheese and lard, but it mostly has been like that ever since.

The late 80s and 90s had a strong showing of ballads being the winners, perhaps that's what you're thinking of, but the pop and choreography cheese has always been around.

... what language do they speak in montenegro?

Montenegrin, which is a dialect of Serbo-Croatian.

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't know which would be worse, if she was a comedian for a living or actually the leader of the Eurovision broadcaster union.

Jasup

There have always been enough cheesy bits to keep things interesting. Eurovision's good family entertainment 10 years behind its time and it's amazing.

Rapstah

Could Germany possibly have sent a more generic dancetrack?
Jeez, you disappoint me, neighbours!

Germany lives in a perpetual ten years in the past, so they're actually hip and cool for sending Cascada.

Prediction for song sent to the final for the most political reasons: Russia's. Obviously.

Tegris

Oh god I woke up too late and missed most of it. But I've scrubbed back through and listened to most of the live performances now. Why did I predict Slovenia would get through?!?

Revised predictions:
- Denmark
- Russia
- Ukraine
- Serbia
- Montenegro
- Belarus
- Moldova
- Estonia
- Netherlands
- Ireland

Status