• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Birds is such a shitty awful song and it gets us into the finals for the first time in fucking years.

What the hell? I'm stunned.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So 4 ex-yugo countries without final - Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro.

Truly shocked about Serbia, probably too expensive televoting for all diaspora members.

Strawman

No serbia or montenegro?! Fuck this bullshit, the referundum cant come soon enough so i can vote to get us out of europe!

ibxRud3U4PGHsp.gif

No serbia or montenegro?! Fuck this bullshit, the referundum cant come soon enough so i can vote to get us out of europe!

There's a reason why non-European countries like Israel or Morocco participate/have participated in the past. It's not "Europe", it's the EBU. So even if your country decides to leave the EU, you'd still be part of the EBU.

kottila

The awesome submissions never win. I'm afraid Europe is full of people that actually thinks it's a serious song contest

Strawman

There's a reason why non-European countries like Israel or Morocco participate/have participated in the past. It's not "Europe", it's the EBU. So even if your country decides to leave the EU, you'd still be part of the EBU.
I know, it was mock outrage, gotta lotta love for my european brothers and sisters!

7threst

Birds is such a shitty awful song and it gets us into the finals for the first time in fucking years.

What the hell? I'm stunned.

What are you talking about? It's a great song. Finally something that can actually pass as a song instead of the crap we had tyo put up with year after year.

This year is really bad with semi 1. Let's hope semi 2 is better.

Usually it's like, half of the songs going to the finals are good, half of them are bland shit. This one's only got the bland shit, though. The only really good song to pass is Russia, and I don't mind Estonia and Moldova passing as well, though those are generic solo female singer ballads.

But Lithuania? Ukraine? Belarus? Ireland? No excuse.

What are you talking about? It's a great song. Finally something that can actually pass as a song instead of the crap we had tyo put up with year after year.

I agree it's a great song. Aiii has been wrong all evening so this isn't a surprise...plus he liked the kawai girls so..... ;)

soepje

I always felt the Dutch entries in the past few years have been heavily underrated. I liked most of them, even the weird one from Sieneke in 2010.

I liked the one from the 3j´s, but that´s about it.

People seriously liked that monotome "Birds are faling off buildings"-song? o_O
The jury did i guess, you're probably one of the masses ;)
It does grow on you, after hearing it a few times you might start to appreciate it. At least i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom