• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

eot

Banned
No, he didn't.
A max gank fit faction fit Vindicator with 5% hardwirings just barely breaks 2k DPS and the Vindi is the highest DPS subcapital ship in the game (not counting limited issue ships).

eot

Banned
Lost my Slave clone today by undocking, alt tabbing to my alt and then forgetting to warp off. Pro move :d

forwent the BC training and instead going to head straight for t2 modules. whats the point of flying one if im still stuck with Tier 1 garbage.

also, being famous is not fun. new home. new war declares :C.

lost my heron when i went to pee in a random high sec.

next time, dont float in space.

I'm still around, I just haven't actively played in a bit. Was out of town for about 6 days, so I set some long queues, and I'm currently wrapping up Hull Upgrades V I believe (the one that buffs armor amount) with around 2 days left. After that I'll probably finish Repair Systems V so I'll have solid armor tanking skills in case I need them (need to get the resist ones all to at least 3 as well, but that's only like a day total). When I finish Repair Systems, that should get me the elite hull tanking certificate as well.

Not sure what to focus on after that. Maybe boost my gunnery or missile skills some more, or max out some other basic skills that I may only have had at IV before. I think I can go down black ops and assault ship avenues as well.

I'm still around, I just haven't actively played in a bit. Was out of town for about 6 days, so I set some long queues, and I'm currently wrapping up Hull Upgrades V I believe (the one that buffs armor amount) with around 2 days left. After that I'll probably finish Repair Systems V so I'll have solid armor tanking skills in case I need them (need to get the resist ones all to at least 3 as well, but that's only like a day total). When I finish Repair Systems, that should get me the elite hull tanking certificate as well.

Not sure what to focus on after that. Maybe boost my gunnery or missile skills some more, or max out some other basic skills that I may only have had at IV before. I think I can go down black ops and assault ship avenues as well.

i was thinking of spec ops as my current endgame so far.

i broke down and had to buy plex because i couldnt effectively farm since my attention span reaches the maximun of 10 minutes and when i find a set of drops/skills/niche/area a war target or gatecamp deprives me of it :C

i was thinking of spec ops as my current endgame so far.

i broke down and had to buy plex because i couldnt effectively farm since my attention span reaches the maximun of 10 minutes and when i find a set of drops/skills/niche/area a war target or gatecamp deprives me of it :C

should consider dropping out of your corp in the meantime then while u skill up/increase revenue generations.

PVP is only fun if you can make the money to pay for it

DBT85

My brother just started playing Eve again and asked me if any of my accounts had anything useful in them so I got my accounts again after struggling to remember the bloody character names and had a look inside. Seems across the three accounts I had about 2bn knocking about which I'd forgotten about.

Now I'm getting the itch again :(

Main characters only have 10m, 7.5m and 5m SP though.

Neocom app for iOS broke for me :(

My API key expired I guess, so I refreshed it and removed expiry - still didn't work. Made a new key for the same character and still not working with the error message: "Authentication Failed". I'll see if it fixes itself in a couple days, but I don't know why it wouldn't be working after getting a completely new key.

In other news - just over a day left on Repair Systems V for me, which will mean Hull Tanking Elite certificate!!!

DBT85

how'd u get 2 billion money?

Well, 750m is cash, the rest is assets.

Basically, I had three main characters.

1) Agent runner and miner
2) Industrial guy, manufacturing, research, salvage, hauling
3) Agent runner

By the time I stopped playing it seems like both agent runners were on lvl 4 missions, so I used to take both out on eachothers missions with the indy guy tagging along picking up the salvage.

If I wasn't doing that they I was mining or putting jobs in for manufacturing etc.

This was the email I sent my brother yesterday

Acct 1
Character1 - agent missions & mining

8.5m SP - 150m isk ship (Raven), 30m ship (Scordite barge), various kit worth probably 20m on ship and in hanger. 1.8m SP to spend

Acct 2
Character 2 - Industry

6.2m SP, 1.5m SP to spend, 735m ISK cash, 150m ship(Occator - Deep Space transport 26k m3 storage), 30m ship (retriever - Mining), 500m in crap inside cans.

Acct 3
Character 3 - Agent missions
4.2m SP, 940k SP to spend, 250m ship (Abaddon Battleship), 50m ship (Harbinger Combat BC) 50m skill books in Youll, maybe 15m in random kit on ships and in the hanger.

I would also go on mining ops and missions with corp mates which can bring in some cash. Also I was fortunate enough to be in a corp that had lab space so I have a bunch of researched BPOs.

I spent a lot of time playing Eve on and off for only 13 months or so in total (looking at my transaction history on my account), but I would prefer to do that than go out, like, at all. Eventually I stopped in the middle of 2007 and yesterday was the first time I played it again, and I only logged in to get the details for my brother and scope out what I had knocking about.

I seem to remember those lvl4 security missions being a lot of fun and getting some nice drops from time to time. Everything has moved on since I played it though so I have no idea how much would still be applicable.

Fortunately for me I'm at work from Monday for 6 days on 12 hour shifts. Hopefully by the end of that the itch is gone.

DBT85

Well I started playing again lol. So much for willpower.

Still trying to remember what I'm doing.

I took a lvl 2 agent mission in mm Raven just to re familiarise myself with what I'm doing and it was over in about 12 seconds. It took me longer to fly to the can to collect the papers I needed.

My brother is playing and has just starting ratting in null sec. Not sure if he has some corp protection or not but he seems to be happy.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it now and having my two main agent runners powering through the missions while my salvagers tags along to collect the junk to make into rigs.

EDIT: surprised this thread is so dead though.

Hull Tanking Elite certificate get! That also comes with Core Integrity Elite. Also wrapped up Armor Tanking Improved, so now I can feel confident with the defense of pretty much any ship. Could do with level 4 of all the reinforcement skills at some point, but it's not a priority right now.

And I've mostly been playing skill queue online lately, rather than actually spending time in the game, so not much on my end to update this thread with. Not many people on GAF play.

Well I started playing again lol. So much for willpower.

Still trying to remember what I'm doing.

I took a lvl 2 agent mission in mm Raven just to re familiarise myself with what I'm doing and it was over in about 12 seconds. It took me longer to fly to the can to collect the papers I needed.

My brother is playing and has just starting ratting in null sec. Not sure if he has some corp protection or not but he seems to be happy.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it now and having my two main agent runners powering through the missions while my salvagers tags along to collect the junk to make into rigs.

EDIT: surprised this thread is so dead though.

not many ppl play it. let me know if u wanna join a corp i'm in

I'm available for chats or shits n giggles if y'all want. IGN is Aldek Eto from Brave Newbies

right now i'm completing all the requirement for tier 2 middle/low modules.

im still stuck on what i want to do weapons wise. i love missiles, but the variety is immense.

I love my drake and have been using heavy missiles, but im noticing that as a slow ass tank Heavy Assault would do me better. but concentrating on one weapon type before the summer update forces me to start updating the BC to 5 (ugh 25 days is going to be a bitch) is daunting. because I have ADD when it comes to this game and i want to train any small skill i have.

Still don't see the appeal of drones *but then again i can only have 3 out*

DBT85

not many ppl play it. let me know if u wanna join a corp i'm in

Cheers for that. I applied to one yesterday that hopefully will suit me. When I was playing before the corp I was in had a great atmosphere, it was more like 20 guys in a pub taking the piss than anything else. Plus I had my own lab for BP research which was awesome.

Oddly my Amaar mission runner has better Caldari standings than my Caldari character despite a level less in connections!

I've also got to decide where I'm spending that 940k SP that I got back when learning got removed. I've done it on my other two characters but as this one is quite narrowly skilled at the moment I'm waiting until I've worked out where I want them, rather than just topping things up :p

Main ingame name is Jemba'k Ko'cha.

I'm available for chats or shits n giggles if y'all want. IGN is Aldek Eto from Brave Newbies

right now i'm completing all the requirement for tier 2 middle/low modules.

im still stuck on what i want to do weapons wise. i love missiles, but the variety is immense.

I love my drake and have been using heavy missiles, but im noticing that as a slow ass tank Heavy Assault would do me better. but concentrating on one weapon type before the summer update forces me to start updating the BC to 5 (ugh 25 days is going to be a bitch) is daunting. because I have ADD when it comes to this game and i want to train any small skill i have.

Still don't see the appeal of drones *but then again i can only have 3 out*

Drones certainly used to be very useful but I don't know how/if that has changed much. You used to be able to go into a room, get full aggro and then release the swarm, but now rats are intelligent enough to swap targets.

Yaska

Been playing skill queue again as well. Motion prediction 5 soon to be had ( got alll but destro 5 for the skillsplit already). Then I am confident I can start flying level 4s with my abaddon. I'll hit you guys up once I can solo level 4s, 'til that I am rather content flying solo level 3s with my battleship in Misha and Odion.

running lvl 3s is fun in a sick twisted lonely way. my only wish is that i had a salvage slave :s

The salvage from L3s isn't nearly as good as L4s, at least compared to the very good L4 missions. Though there may be some nice L3 missions too.

And you can always try salvage drones. Still not as efficient as a Noctis, but if you don't need the extra dps from any drones you can kill and salvage at the same time.

DBT85

running lvl 3s is fun in a sick twisted lonely way. my only wish is that i had a salvage slave :s

I am my own salvage slave, It can get a bit nutty trying to pop rats on one mission while looting another but dat isk. Especially with Salvage 5 and a Catalyst running around with 4 salvagers & 4 tractors :D

The salvage from L3s isn't nearly as good as L4s, at least compared to the very good L4 missions. Though there may be some nice L3 missions too.

And you can always try salvage drones. Still not as efficient as a Noctis, but if you don't need the extra dps from any drones you can kill and salvage at the same time.

I've found on the lvl 3s I'm doing so far (building standing in Amaar after years of Caldari) that you will get more from any tags than anything else. The Lvl 4 salvage I used to get was godly.

I did 3 lvl 3s last night, one dropped 12m in tags/loot/salvage, one dropped 5m and one a paltry 1m.

I'm looking forward to starting up lvl 4s again.

EDIT: just realised that my Catalyst has 3 Large Salvage rigs fitted which it seems you can no longer do.

I am my own salvage slave, It can get a bit nutty trying to pop rats on one mission while looting another but dat isk. Especially with Salvage 5 and a Catalyst running around with 4 salvagers & 4 tractors :D

I've found on the lvl 3s I'm doing so far (building standing in Amaar after years of Caldari) that you will get more from any tags than anything else. The Lvl 4 salvage I used to get was godly.

I did 3 lvl 3s last night, one dropped 12m in tags/loot/salvage, one dropped 5m and one a paltry 1m.

I'm looking forward to starting up lvl 4s again.

EDIT: just realised that my Catalyst has 3 Large Salvage rigs fitted which it seems you can no longer do.

in Lvl4s, you start at 10 million in salvage a mission...lol

DBT85

in Lvl4s, you start at 10 million in salvage a mission...lol

I remember it well. My indy character has a few BPOs researched to get the most of it.

Now I'm working for 7 days so I'm playing Eve the skill game lol. At least it makes that skill wait tolerable when I'm not actively playing.

Will give me a chance to sit down and look at all the changes that have happened, where to take my characters on their trees, how the summer changes will affect me and also work out what I want to spend the 500k SP on that my third character has.

I copied my EVEHQ folder on to my pen drive so at least I can toy with that and keep an eye on stuff without having two separate copies at home and at work.

Shame I can't play at work really, my job is perfect for it!

I can't remember why I stopped playing though, and I'm not daring to think what state my accounts would be in had I not stopped.

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
I've never found salvaging level 4s to be worth the effort. I salvage as I kill other ships, but with a Machariel I'm positive I make more isk/hr off the bounties on the next mission than spending the time to salvage. I also never seem to pull in 10m salvage... it's been a while since I missioned though. I had just finished training drones when the new drone AI came in and made missioning with drones a frustrating experience.

I've never found salvaging level 4s to be worth the effort. I salvage as I kill other ships, but with a Machariel I'm positive I make more isk/hr off the bounties on the next mission than spending the time to salvage. I also never seem to pull in 10m salvage... it's been a while since I missioned though. I had just finished training drones when the new drone AI came in and made missioning with drones a frustrating experience.

the thing is, how fast is oyur mach flying? How are u gonna loot when these things are like 20-30km apart from one another? Even with AB, it'll still take forever.

I found it faster to just move on, finish mission, come back wiht salvager and clean up.

15 mil per 30 minute salvaging? i mean, i unno how ucan make faster by just missioning, since each mission only gives like 2 mil per mission

DBT85

I spent the few hours of training to get my indy alt to fly a Noctis today, should make salvage for me and the corp a bit easier.

15 mil per 30 minute salvaging? i mean, i unno how ucan make faster by just missioning, since each mission only gives like 2 mil per mission

Don't forget rat bounties in that calculation.

But if you are taking the time to loot you might as well salvage imo.

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
the thing is, how fast is oyur mach flying? How are u gonna loot when these things are like 20-30km apart from one another? Even with AB, it'll still take forever.

I found it faster to just move on, finish mission, come back wiht salvager and clean up.

Well I've never made 15m in 30 minutes of salvaging outside whs and I have a hard time believing anyone else does. Also each mission gives way more than 2m, you're thinking solely of the cash reward from the agent, when bounties are where most of the money comes from. A mach with some selective missioning makes ~15misk/30m with just bounties, throw in LP and agent rewards and it's more profitable to just keep running missions.

On a side note, man 30m/hour that requires paying attention now I remember why I stopped missioning.

Well I've never made 15m in 30 minutes of salvaging outside whs and I have a hard time believing anyone else does. Also each mission gives way more than 2m, you're thinking solely of the cash reward from the agent, when bounties are where most of the money comes from. A mach with some selective missioning makes ~15misk/30m with just bounties, throw in LP and agent rewards and it's more profitable to just keep running missions.

On a side note, man 30m/hour that requires paying attention now I remember why I stopped missioning.

what, you afk farm? lol

DBT85

my ssd is dying and i havent been able to play all week. my standings are going to take a shit when agents start canceling me.

Can you not install it on a normal drive?

EDIT: Spent this evening at work working out an Abaddon fit for my Amarr alt as well as the skills needed for it.

DBT85

I realised I had 90k LP with my old agent so just cashed that it, some memory augmentations for the market and a skill book that costs 15k LP and 10m but sells for 32m.

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
like what?

Long term market trading makes a ton of money and takes pretty much 0 effort. There's also producing the right items at the right time. When the mining barge update was announced I started making procurers, here's a picture of the industry tool I use that shows how much I was making, my costs, and the time involved: http://imgur.com/MFVQq69. The picture is a little off too since it's using an unresearched blueprint, the production time and material cost was slightly lower. Anyway, at the point that picture was taken I was making ~260m a day per production slot with two manufacturing toons with 9 slots each (yes, 4.6b a day). I made two months worth of procurers and my time investment was basically one Sunday each month hauling minerals. The picture was taken at the peak time to sell procurers but I never sold one for less than 12m.

DBT85

I've used the manufacturing part of EVE HQ for that, I just need to work out how to get it to use the correct prices rather than market average which is being distorted by people putting buy orders up for 1 ISK.

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
You need to be careful with what you make because there can be a lot of factors affecting an items price. I try not to get involved with items that are being manipulated or spiking for reasons I don't understand. As an example, about a month ago I noticed Gila prices had spiked ~40m and I was tempted to produce some but lazy. It turned out that the prices spiked because PL or someone made up a Gila fleet comp, however, it wasn't enough to sustain the price spike and Gila prices dropped hard the next day. Laziness saved me. On the other hand, items spiking for reasons you do understand create the best oppurtunities.

http://industry.darkshadowindustries.com/

Is the industry tool I use. It shows a few different price ranges but I like the lowest Jita sell price. Even with the tool I usually check the market data in game to make sure the price isn't some fluke.

DBT85

Thanks for the link, it certainly seems to not have the problem that EVE HQ has with the prices, being able to set it to "minimum sell price" for everything is great.

The one oddity was that it shows you the sell price for the item you are manufactuing, but doesn't then give you an estimate of how much the entire production run would sell for, only the per run price.

Not difficult to calculate, just odd that it wasn't there as a guide.

The nice thing with EVE HQ is that I have all my BPOs stored in there, and I can just go to the manufacturing tab and it will tell me how much it costs to make, how much it should sell for, manufacturing times etc etc as well as how much of each required item I have in my assets.

As I said, the problem at the moment is that it is just using the average price for the calculations. So if the min sell price is 5m but there are a load of buy orders for 1isk then it drags down the price it uses drastically.

There is the option in there to punch in prices manually which I have been doing for a few bits as I try and get my head back into the game, but it seems odd that there isn't a clear way of using the min sell price like that website does.

I suppose I should also work out a LP price table for the corp I'm mission running with to work out which LP purchase at what time will give me the most benefit per LP.

For example, the skillbook I bought today for 15,000 LP and 10m ISK sells for 32m, so after the 10m is deducted thats 22m for 15,000 LP, or 1466 ISK per LP.

The implant I bought was 65,000 LP and 65m ISK and sells for about 125m ISK, so once the 65m is deducted that's 60misk for 65,000 LP or a lowly 923 ISK per LP.

A lesson learned!

A screen from EVE HQ manufacturing module

JxCUoOd.png

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
Thanks for the link, it certainly seems to not have the problem that EVE HQ has with the prices, being able to set it to "minimum sell price" for everything is great.

The one oddity was that it shows you the sell price for the item you are manufactuing, but doesn't then give you an estimate of how much the entire production run would sell for, only the per run price.

Not difficult to calculate, just odd that it wasn't there as a guide.

The nice thing with EVE HQ is that I have all my BPOs stored in there, and I can just go to the manufacturing tab and it will tell me how much it costs to make, how much it should sell for, manufacturing times etc etc as well as how much of each required item I have in my assets.

As I said, the problem at the moment is that it is just using the average price for the calculations. So if the min sell price is 5m but there are a load of buy orders for 1isk then it drags down the price it uses drastically.

There is the option in there to punch in prices manually which I have been doing for a few bits as I try and get my head back into the game, but it seems odd that there isn't a clear way of using the min sell price like that website does.

I suppose I should also work out a LP price table for the corp I'm mission running with to work out which LP purchase at what time will give me the most benefit per LP.

For example, the skillbook I bought today for 15,000 LP and 10m ISK sells for 32m, so after the 10m is deducted thats 22m for 15,000 LP, or 1466 ISK per LP.

The implant I bought was 65,000 LP and 65m ISK and sells for about 125m ISK, so once the 65m is deducted that's 60misk for 65,000 LP or a lowly 923 ISK per LP.

A lesson learned!

A screen from EVE HQ manufacturing module

Yeah, I have no idea why it doesn't calculate the sell price for the end order, I'll forgive its oddities because I like the rest of the tool. I also understand why you don't want to switch your BPOs, I have a spreadsheet and it's really ugly. Average order price is not a good way to estimate your sales. I don't know if you know about it, there is a market statistics tab through the in game interface that shows you average/high/low actual sales as well as the quantity. It's simple but I use it all the time.

LP implants are one of the things I don't mess with. I'm pretty sure the reason they're so cheap is because they're easy to sell, and because they're so easy to sell faction warfare keeps the price low. And then I don't follow faction warfare financially because there's just too many hands already in the pot.

DBT85

Yeah, I have no idea why it doesn't calculate the sell price for the end order, I'll forgive its oddities because I like the rest of the tool. I also understand why you don't want to switch your BPOs, I have a spreadsheet and it's really ugly. Average order price is not a good way to estimate your sales. I don't know if you know about it, there is a market statistics tab through the in game interface that shows you average/high/low actual sales as well as the quantity. It's simple but I use it all the time.

LP implants are one of the things I don't mess with. I'm pretty sure the reason they're so cheap is because they're easy to sell, and because they're so easy to sell faction warfare keeps the price low. And then I don't follow faction warfare financially because there's just too many hands already in the pot.

Yeah I use the market statistics tab before I sell anything to check the 5 and 30 day moving average as well as the volume trade. No point putting something up for 20m if none are ever bought despite being available.

Does logging in on that site give you anything useful? like storing your BPOs with ME/PE levels, or saving manufacturing queries or anything like that?

Part of the problem with LP I think is that because there are some things that are immediately obvious choices (implants, navy issue ships) that everyone buys them and it drives the price down. Whereas the boring skillbook people never even look at.

I'll sit down and get something made up, I'll probably be messy and I'd love to know how to get the market data out of eve for the sheet to look at like that website does.

EDIT:

I think I've managed to get EVE HQ to use the prices correctly. It's not particularly obvious and the documentation isn;t great, but it certainly seems better. Once I can check the prices against the client I can see how well it is doing now.

I've also just discovered Eve-Central and the trade tools.

EDIT:

Well I consolidated some of my junk today, bought a Noctis (how awesome are they!) for my salvaging, sold off some useless assets etc.

My aim tonight is to sort out a better fit for my Harbinger, it's sloppy at the moment. I have a decent fit ready for my Abaddon but the training is another few days away yet, but I need something useful in the Harbinger.

And I'll be looking at my Raven fit too. I'll be back on lvl 4s and stuff soon so wan't to make sure I'm prepared properly.

Also been looking at useful and more importantly saleable rigs to manufacture to get rid of some of my salvage which is piling up.

EDIT 17th March: Harbinger fit sorted. The lame fit I've been using was about 25k EHP and 183DPS, the new one will be 35k EHP and 266DPS. Only need 7 hours training for the MWD. The full T2 fit I want would make it 371DPS but that's also 19 days of training, most of which for the T2 lasers. The T2 lasers on my Abaddon woud take 47 days to train. eek.

On the industry front, I found the rather useful Eve IPH application https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63663. It will use whatever price details you want it to use and help you work out which items are more profitable. More than that, it will also work out which ones actually have volume trading in the recent past and so are actually in demand!

I put some bits in to cook before I left for work and I'll do some more today hopefully.

Now to sort a Raven fit out, and to sit down and plan where I'm taking all three characters on the skill tree in the coming month. I need to nail down a direction so that I stop getting sidetracked!

DBT85

sounds like so much work for a game you're supposed ot enjoy and have fun ,mlol

Working this shit out is part of the fun though. You aso don;t have to do it yourself, there are so many fits out there you can use without even thinking about it so you can focus on something else.

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
Once you have a system for production set up it takes like an hour a week to maintain. It's not like mining or missioning where you do it all day in and out to make a paltry sum of isk.

Top Bottom