• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even Colonel Sanders thought KFC sucked, after he sold it to investment group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaonaut

Got some KFC extra crispy the other night and it was legit good.

Churchs is a sin, no wing should be that large. That's not the lords work.

andthebeatgoeson

It's a chain that barely seems structured around serving decent food. 9/10 locations give you the soggiest crap. The reputation is held up by the 1/10 that have enough turnover to get you a crispy piece of dang chicken.

So we overrate places like Popeye's, which at least have the decency to serve a pretty tasty, crispy piece of chicken without the Russian roulette feel when you walk into one.
You know, that's hitting the nail. I used to get pissed with McDonald's when you get stale French fries. Chick fil a does a damn good job being consistent and precise. You usually get stellar food at all hours of the day.

I can't fuck with KFC because their sides are shit tier in all languages, every time zone. None of their sides would be considered best in class. Their chicken varies depending on if they feel like making new chicken.

KFC is what you get your girlfriend when she asks for Popeyes and you are upset with her about something and want to be passive aggressive

lol Americans hatred for KFC is weird, you guys must get some budget shit over there, every other country it's delicious
Having had KFC in both America and Japan I can tell you that it's much different. Japan's KFC is perfectly fine. No complaints. American KFC is grease soaked garbage. More so than most fast food here. People aren't exaggerating when they say they're getting a bunch of soggy chicken.

Ezalc

Many fast food chains source their food from the country they're in. As such, it's entirely possoble that KFC UK is better than KFC US.

Case in point: McDonalds GER & CH are way better than McDonalds US. But also way more expensive.

Just to continue this point, as somebody who has lived in Brasil and the US, Pizza hut in Brasil is much better than the cheap pizza that you get in the US. I was astonished by the difference in quality when I got here.

KFC is inconsistent as shit to the point that I wouldn't go to one I'm not already familiar with. Popeye's is more consistent and the sides are way better. KFC don't have shit on red beans and rice

Today I learned that Colonel Sanders was a real person.

What a depressing thought this is, a corporation has claimed a man's identity so throughly to the point of people questioning his actual existence.

KyleCross

Y'all must not have Popeyes. Or Publix! Or Bojangles! Or...etc. KFC is bottom of the barrel.
This. I love Popeyes and Publix chicken and my town also just got Bojangles! I'd be in chicken paradise if the Popeyes wasn't in a dangerous part of town and the employees made the food good.

I don't know which KFCs some of you are visiting where the food is that bad. Especially compared to some of the competition.

Church's is flavorless and dry as fuck. I feel like I need a gallon of water with each piece of their chicken because it's literally pulling water from my body as I digest it. And Popeye's? Yeah, if I want to rocket about 14 cups of liquid grease into the shitter the next morning (though you can't fuck with their sides).

It's fast food chicken, so none of it is great, but having visited several of each of these restaurants over my many years, I can't say KFC is at the bottom of the chicken list.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I eat the strips at KFC. They are passable. The chicken on the buffet can be okay I guess. I vastly prefer Popeye's. There's a gas station here that makes killer fried chicken, too.

Regiruler

God damn it I'm hungry and now I want fried chicken even though I'm in the middle of damn nowhere.
No it's true. McDonald's in Hong Kong and Japan is god tier while it sucks ass in North America.

For whatever reason, they have actual healthy options like steamed broccoli and rice bowls. Hell even the iced tea, they give you your own sugar to put in so you're not drinking some fucking 50g sugar monstrosity.

McDonalds has had unsweetend tea since forever in the states.

entremet

KFC is inconsistent as shit to the point that I wouldn't go to one I'm not already familiar with. Popeye's is more consistent and the sides are way better. KFC don't have shit on red beans and rice

What a depressing thought this is, a corporation has claimed a man's identity so throughly to the point of people questioning his actual existence.
Kinda nuts right lol.

Probably the advertising.

In the US, they made a big point in mentioning the Colonel was a real person. Probably not done overseas.

SgtCobra

Lol kfc is perfectly fine fast food chicken, give a fucking rest guys.
Thank you.

If I were to believe some GAFfers over here then the KFC must have the worst chicken in the existence of mankind. I actually enjoy their stuff, but hey, our only fast food alternatives are the Burger King, Mcdonalds, NYP and Domino's.

gamz

Still love KFC, but Browns is the only one that still has gizzards and liver on the menu.

I prefer popeyes over all tho.

Kinda nuts right lol.

Probably the advertising.

In the US, they made a big point in mentioning the Colonel was a real person. Probably not done overseas.

they made a big deal out of the colonel being real here in the UK when I was a kid, not sure these days though

The colonel was a complicated man. He also had a live-in mistress that he had given her own wing of the mansion with his wife's blessing, an insatiable sexual appetite, and was a born-again Christian that curated his own gospel band of mandolin-playing children.

My best work yet.

VAuyTPv.png

I like crispy fried chicken.

KFC is wet greasy chicken.

Holy shit

I can't stand KFC, although my mom loves it. Every time I've tried it, the breading on the chicken ends up soggy and flaccid and has no crunch to it.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
lol Americans hatred for KFC is weird, you guys must get some budget shit over there, every other country it's delicious

This is hilarious in it's assertion about the very valid national options to KFC (Popeye's, Bojangles, etc) being "budget shit".

Edit:

Everyone should have an old southern black woman cook them fried chicken at least once in their life
Oh and this.

You are factually wrong but if you want to believe this you go ahead and believe it.

No im not, in restaurants rankings you guys have like one of the worst per capita top restaurants.

Food culture is trickle down, when the best are consistently good the lower tiers step up.

Here in Peru we have 3 top 50 restuarants and we have a population of 30m, Denmark does this with 5 million people but Peru is a 3rd world country.

America has 6 with 300m people.

Both Popeyes and KFC are much better in Peru than in the USA btw.

By michelin you are not doing better, its basically new york san francisco and chicago where the good stuff is by any relevant metric

The colonel was a complicated man. He also had a live-in mistress that he had given her own wing of the mansion with his wife's blessing, an insatiable sexual appetite, and was a born-again Christian that curated his own gospel band of mandolin-playing children.

Honestly that sounds about average in terms of wealthy southern men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom