• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even Colonel Sanders thought KFC sucked, after he sold it to investment group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I know everyone claims food they don't like gives them diarrhea, but KFC- 100% literally gives me diarrhea every time I eat it.

I think it's actually the batter recipe. Popeye's is my go to for fried chicken.

KFC tastes okay, but the biscuits are boring and they don't have Cajun gravy on their mashed potatoes so nothing of value is lost by me never going.

Sure, could be a reaction to something in the recipe, could be something with your local KFC. I have to avoid some local places that are a breeding ground for foodborne illnesses.

I avoid my local KFCs because of how greasy the food is.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
mmm yeah my mouth is watering for some foreign KFC

OR_side_72.jpg

Dat corn, dat cheese, looks great.

TheContact

Kfc is good. It's no Popeyes but it's still good. Just too expensive. A bucket of chicken costs around $20 and in my grocery store you can get s bucket of hot chicken that tastes nearly indentival for $8

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It probably hurts Popeyes in my eyes that the franchisee who owns them in Omaha is obviously horrible, since they are not usually clean, the staff looks unkempt and unclean and you are definitely rolling the dice by eating there.

lol this was being talked about in another KFC related topic now here we are.

People feel that because it is a chain restaurant it is trash. Local restaurants often are liked because they are local and not because they are actually good.

The local restaurants in my area have shitty chicken, the only decent place is my local family owned IGA and they too can be pretty hit or miss depending on the person working at the deli and the game of "where'd they get their chicken from this time".

But KFC turned into over priced crap a long time ago. The only thing I really looked forward to there was the original Chicken Littles when I was a kid even if in hindsight that was due to the mayo based concoction they slathered on the bun.

Shinypogs

I used to like kfc but now the chicken tastes weird and the gravy is no longer as amazing as it used to be. There is a local popeyes but I have never tried popeyes before, eventually I'll give it a shot though and see if it's as good as people fuss about.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I used to like kfc but now the chicken tastes weird and the gravy is no longer as amazing as it used to be. There is a local popeyes but I have never tried popeyes before, eventually I'll give it a shot though and see if it's as good as people fuss about.
Yes and get the mashed potatoes.

Sure, could be a reaction to something in the recipe, could be something with your local KFC. I have to avoid some local places that are a breeding ground for foodborne illnesses.

I avoid my local KFCs because of how greasy the food is.

It's been like that regardless of the location.

If I eat fried chicken with similar batter it does the same thing. Maybe some spices in it? I dunno.

Arksy

Can confirm, the KFC outside the KFC is amazing. The KFC in the US is for some reason or another, rather poor. However, Popeyes is some next level shit.

I ate Popeye's today because of this thread, haven't had it in a while. Pretty good, definitely better than the average KFC these days. KFC when I was younger was better, I think they were more consistent. These days it's better at some locations than others.

Still, there are several restaurants here in this city that I've been to where I can get better fried chicken than any national fast food chain, hands down. I'll bet most cities in the USA have lots of better options if you seek them out.

There's actually a new Nashville hot chicken place here that is really delicious.

does kffc still have grille chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, baked beans an stuff? damn damn good compare to ffast food chains. Id love to have it right now

MGrant

I'm not surprised the Colonel hated US KFC. The selection is super-limited, the chicken is flavorless, and the restaurants are always depressing to enter. And instant potatoes? Fuck off.

KFC in Taiwan is better than in the USA, but there are a million hole-in-the-wall fried chicken places here that are so much better that going to KFC would be like going to the Olive Garden if you lived in Italy. McDonald's still sucks here, too.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ever since I found there was a Bon Chon Chicken near me, KFC might as well not exist

Would love to see Sandwers way of making food recreated though.

lol Americans hatred for KFC is weird, you guys must get some budget shit over there, every other country it's delicious

It's fucking fast food chicken. Stop pretending like it's some gourmet shit. It sucks. We know because we have many other chicken places that are pretty much all better.

I love how KFC defenders never mention the size of the chicken they serve. That shit is some roided up mutated slop.

Had some Popeyes today, not only was it normal sized peices, but it also wasnt the slimey mess that KFC is.

Dishwalla

Banned
Only good KFC item is the cole slaw(although I do kind of like the Famous Bowls). Everything else is better at Popeye's, except the cole slaw.

My local KFC (I'm in London FYI) is much better than any other fried chicken chain I've had. Not soggy or dripping with grease at all. Surprisingly good, actually... but I still need to try proper non fast food restaurant fried chicken.

jstripes

Banned
I love how KFC defenders never mention the size of the chicken they serve. That shit is some roided up mutated slop.

Had some Popeyes today, not only was it normal sized peices, but it also wasnt the slimey mess that KFC is.

That's actually one thing I noticed when we ate at KFC in the States. The pieces seemed abnormally larger than the ones we get in Canada.

KFC.ca makes a point of it:

Hormone-free chicken

We only use premium chicken for our Original
Recipe® Chicken. It’s always on the bone, and
always raised without any added hormones.
And that guarantees your chicken is as wholesome
as it is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom