• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2011 | The world's biggest fighting game tournament | Las Vegas, NV | July 29-31

Status
Not open for further replies.
schennmu said:
Wow, I'll definitely check out how the stream runs on PS Home. For once something useful :)

From someone who just got a PS3 two months ago and has never been on Home, how does watching streams on it work?

N4Us

XAlbo.jpg

I should really have not worn my Japan TIGER BrokenTier shirt already this week, I'm away from home and without it the hype will be lacking :(

Feep

Banned
I enjoy watching EVO, but I dislike the weird "nerd thug" culture that has sprung up around the community and announcers. They try and call it like it's a gang war, spouting "GET HYPE" every nine seconds like it's a mantra. Ugh.

/mutes stream

Edit: Stealth edit

Neki

Feep said:
I enjoy watching EVO, but I dislike the weird "nerd thug" culture that has sprung up around the community and announcers. They try and call it like it's a gang war, spouting "GET HYPE" every nine seconds like it's a mantra. Ugh.

/mutes stream

Edit: Stealth edit

meh try to enjoy it light-heartily then. why so serious? just gaming it up they are. I also like game sounds.

zlatko

Banned
Is that actually Mike Ross in that stream chat? He has a green icon by name, so I'll assume it's the real deal.

I asked him if he and Gootecks actually plan to go visit Tastosis in Korea and they said it looks like it. Omg, the amount of amazing content they could produce with Tasteless and Artosis out there is making my head spin.

Hope that comes to fruition. <3

smurfx

get some go again
zlatko said:
Is that actually Mike Ross in that stream chat? He has a green icon by name, so I'll assume it's the real deal.

I asked him if he and Gootecks actually plan to go visit Tastosis in Korea and they said it looks like it. Omg, the amount of amazing content they could produce with Tasteless and Artosis out there is making my head spin.

Hope that comes to fruition. <3
yeah that is him.

Feep

Banned
Ultimoo said:
meh try to enjoy it light-heartily then. why so serious? just gaming it up they are. I also like game sounds.
Just spoiled from the sultry sounds of Tastosis, I guess = D

Satyamdas said:
2j08P.png

Also, USD, in the interest of accuracy, you might want to know that AZ_Greg will be ducking EVO for the 2nd year in a row. Dat online warrior NAH Greg. ^_^
and mine too!
this time i'll skip disco and everything else!
i ougghta watch some serious bb, mk and mvc3 stream!
migh bite on t6 stream..
think i'll skip sf4ae :/

i just hope that guy with the strange voice and the dreadlocks (?) gets nowhere near a mic this year. i hate that dude. he has no talent nor a good voice to do this.

ScOULaris

I watched Mike Ross' FOCUS Documentary last night in its entirety. I now see why people like him so much.

I don't typically root for people based on their nationality, but if it comes down to a top Japanese player and Mike Ross, I'll be in his corner. He's due for that EVO Championship belt.

Mœbius

Diprosalic said:
i just hope that guy with the strange voice and the dreadlocks (?) gets nowhere near a mic this year. i hate that dude. he has no talent nor a good voice to do this.
If you mean Skisonic then I believe he's already been announced as one of the commentators. Sorry bud.

USD

A few random things from Gama no Abura's twitter:

-Amazed at how traffic lights change for emergency vehicles.

-Shook hands with Kayane, also met some Team Sp00ky members (not sure who).

-Food is surprisingly good, portions are big though. Kit Kat bars are massive.

-Lost $10 gambling.

-The bathtub in his room is so shallow that on his side, his wang floats to the surface (I'm just translating here, lol).

He also re-tweeted this:

b1mkm.jpg

On a separate note, how is Kayo not mai waifu yet?

Im6ty.jpg

USD

enzo_gt said:
Sound is hella off just like before.
Switch to 540+. On Justin, always switch to the best possible quality to avoid audio de-sync. If your connection is slow though, the only option is to occasionally pause-unpause to temporarily re-sync.
Urban Scholar said:
Is Kayo participating this year? I remember reading that she was?
Pretty sure yes.

Amagon

ScOULaris said:
I watched Mike Ross' FOCUS Documentary last night in its entirety. I now see why people like him so much.

I don't typically root for people based on their nationality, but if it comes down to a top Japanese player and Mike Ross, I'll be in his corner. He's due for that EVO Championship belt.
Just finish watching this documentary. Sooo good! It was nice following Mike Ross's journey into EVO and he wasn't arrogant at all. Good luck to him but all my heart goes out to the BEAST COAST PLAYERS that is participating this year. I'm gonna make it a mission now to go to EVO next year. Hoping that KOF 13 will be one of their main attraction!!!!

Buzzati

Banned
ScOULaris said:

Thanks for bringing this up. The documentary is well-made and shows the humble side to Street Fighter competition. Mike Ross is class.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Will there be a womens invitational or do they simply join the main tournament this year?(AE)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
_dementia said:
Regular integrated tourney this year.

Ah I see, would be very cool to see some ladies make it out of the pools. Then again I am not aware of the level of competition within the pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom