• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2013: SF4 MVC3 TTT2 MK9 SFxT KOF P4A Player's Choice

Am I the only one who feels it's ridiculous some of you guys think PSASBR has a chance in the EVO lineup? If it's in they'll almost certainly have to use some dumb 2v2 format like SCR is using. Quite shocking that Mr Wizard tells people time and again that you can't buy your way into the EVO lineup because they announce the games before asking for sponsors, yet everyone keeps claiming that Sony will buy their way into the lineup. Seems like some of you guys have no idea how sponsorship works.

P4A over VF5 would be a crime. Hell, they're better off putting GGXXAC+R in over P4A.

Why?

Am I the only one who feels it's ridiculous some of you guys think PSASBR has a chance in the EVO lineup? If it's in they'll almost certainly have to use some dumb 2v2 format like SCR is using. Quite shocking that Mr Wizard tells people time and again that you can't buy your way into the EVO lineup because they announce the games before asking for sponsors, yet everyone keeps claiming that Sony will buy their way into the lineup. Seems like some of you guys have no idea how sponsorship works.

How about people think that because they watched EVO last year? It isn't that hard.

Mr. Fix

LFRKZ.jpg

kirblar

My guesses, assuming 6 games:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition version 2012
King of Fighters XIII
Dead or Alive 5
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
BlazBlu: Chrono Phantasma

I would love to see Injustice up there instead of one of those but it doesn't come out until April so there probably wouldn't be enough time to prepare for Evo with it. Would also be cool with seeing Skullgirls get in.

Playstation All-Stars getting a spot would be a terrible and cruel joke.
BB:CP is definitely not happening this year, simply due to timing - it would barely be out in the states, if its out at all. Hopefully it makes 2014 though, it looks amazing.

Chavelo

hohoho, i will make sure to keep this page saved before the announcement, and then quote all the wrong mothafuckas when they announce the games.

Haunted

On the one hand, I hope SFxT makes it in so I can see my current favourite fighting game played by the best.

On the other hand, I don't know if I can take another intense bout of abuse and mockery from basically the whole scene, including the players themselves. ;_;

No more SFxT please. NO MORE.
:mad:

Xevren

Like I said in the other thread, so long as VF makes it as a side tourney I'll be happy. Last years was incredible to watch and hopefully I'll be able to watch again.

TDLink

BB:CP is definitely not happening this year, simply due to timing - it would barely be out in the states, if its out at all. Hopefully it makes 2014 though, it looks amazing.

For some reason I thought it was coming out in March or something. Weird. In that case Persona 4 Arena instead would probably be most likely (imo).

"Too bad that doesn't exist outside of Japan yet lol."

Evo has shown they're fine with adding games that aren't out yet if they're planned to be out within a reasonable amount of time before Evo, so that doesn't actually matter.

"Who's playing VF5, though?"

Probably the same amount of people playing P4A now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yes plz so I can get rid of this ridiculous avatar.

SFxT is making it into EVO2013. Who wants in on that action? Also I will wear any avatar of choosing except the one I am currently wearing.
You can't overwrite your avatar bets. This ain't Canada, this is the internet, you serve both your sentences in FULL.

Does Warner really have that much pull that Evo would consider Injustice?
Yes, WB is LOADED with cash, not afraid to flex it for fighting games and MK crowd is consistent when it comes to showing up for tournaments. Injustice is a safe bet.

"Who's playing VF5, though?"

Probably the same amount of people playing P4A now.

What are you basing that on? P4A gets great numbers at tournaments.

There is a common misconception that because it isn't played at Big Two or WNF on stream that it is dead. Given that way of thinking, TTT2 will not be at EVO either.

"Too bad that doesn't exist outside of Japan yet lol."

Evo has shown they're fine with adding games that aren't out yet if they're planned to be out within a reasonable amount of time before Evo, so that doesn't actually matter.
You have a point there. The problem lies in the major disparity between America and Japan in that case. Japan has had their hands on this game for a while now and they were already the dominant region from the start. It will be a slaughter.
I'd like to see a SFxT tournament.
Play AE at a tanning salon.
You can't overwrite your avatar bets. This ain't Canada, this is the internet, you serve both your sentences in FULL.
Holy shit lmao

TDLink

Does Warner really have that much pull that Evo would consider Injustice?

If Injustice was a February or March game instead of an April game I would say it would definitely be getting a spot. Since it is April though I am not so confident on it making it in. Would love to see the game at Evo.

Khezu

SF4
Marvel
TTT2

Obvious shoe ins.

KoF have no idea whats going on with this.
SC5 dead sadly.
PSallstars I'm not sure if people play this or not.
Persona 4 people keep saying its dead, but it still gets pretty good numbers, so maybe?
MK9 probably not.
Injustice it comes out in April so it has chance, but NRS have not shown anything about the game at all, outside of a couple trailers, so who knows how its actually going to turn out.
BlazBlue not coming out soon enough, shame I would rather have this then Persona 4 or KoF.
VF5...
Smash probably too much trouble to really make it work.
SFxTekken early I would have said there was probably no chance, but now that it is a part of IPL, I think it might help the scene for it.

Loona

KoF XIII is all I care about.

DoA5 would be nice, if unlikely.

SFxT, PSABR or Injustice making it would feel like bought entries.

El Sloth

Banned
Here's my actual predictions:

AE2012 - Headliner
UMvC3
KOF13
TTT2
MK9
P4A

I'm a bit iffy on the last two because of Injustice. Would they just replace MK9 with Injustice or instead give it another spot? At the moment though, I'm thinking it may not even make it in at all.

SFxT is the least hype thing there is :(
Stop hurting Haunted's feelings, bully.

Haunted

If Injustice was a February or March game instead of an April game I would say it would definitely be getting a spot. Since it is April though I am not so confident on it making it in. Would love to see the game at Evo.
That's cutting it real close. Can they even assure that it's not going to get delayed?

Stop hurting Haunted's feelings, bully.
Okgyz.gif

SuperBonk

Would love to see MK9 make it again but I don't expect it to. I haven't kept up with the scene in the past year but it still seems relatively alive. A pleasant surprise after seeing all those "dead after Evo (2011)" comments.

Busaiku

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 only.

Street Fighter will be 3/5 and 4/7 finals.
Every single Marvel match will be first to 15.

Omega

Banned
I would be shocked to see MK there, simply based on the numbers it pulled last time.

Problematic netcode did more to damage it than the IP did, sadly.

i understand it won't be the biggest game for this reason, but it should be played more.

unless you live in utah or montana you should have no problems having local gaming centers/arcades to play locally.

Top Bottom