• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2013: SF4 MVC3 TTT2 MK9 SFxT KOF P4A Player's Choice

Horseress

They are keeping SFxTK in? *vomits*

354lw0.jpg

Shouta

The change of SFXT to 2013 is more akin to the change of KOFXIII arcade to console.

No, SFxT's changes open the game up a lot more for crazy shit like it should have been in the original version. That means the difference in play is going to be very significant and it's going to be far different experience. We'll be able to see a lot more shit from the Tekken cast, for example.

The biggest thing with SFxT wasn't really that regen life was so strong but the fact everything was safe and switch combos provided so little damage and ate so much time. A lot of the changes in the game reflect this.

- A lot of characters are going to get punished now for shit like using boost combos as pokes. The more grievously good single pokes are getting nerfed in various forms. This was by far the biggest issue with 2012 IMO. It was way too hard to get in with Tekken characters for good damage on the ground because of that pressure and because of superior anti-air for the SF cast, it made jumping in really difficult. With this change, you'll have to know your shit to the T otherwise you'll get thrown or jump-in'd for ridiculously huge damage (almost all the tekken characters can get 500 damage if they land a j.HK or j.HP lol). It'll make the game more friendly for aggressive and high damage play like the game was intended to be like.

- Meter gain has been adjusted so that whiffing and gives you almost nothing and you have slightly reduced gain on hit for most characters. This will make meter a more precious commodity so wasting it on shitty Switch Combos will not be to your benefit. This was probably the second biggest issue with 2012. People used the safe as shit boost combos to launch into these long strings for shit damage because they could and it would result in timeouts. With fewer switch cancels and reduced life regen, time-outs are probably not going to be as common in the new version. Plus, if you aren't maximizing your damage off hit-confirms and the other things, you're really going to lose out now.

- Individual character buffs and nerfs are pretty big. The Tekken cast still kind sucks in pokes comparatively but they'll now have legit anti-air options to prevent shenanigans from the SF cast. There have been significant damage buffs as well for a number of characters on top of new options to use. Some to the Tekken cast who already had a lot of damage too...

- Other system changes will help as well. Life regen as I mentioned earlier is changing. That will mean taking big damage is just going to hurt even more. Throws being sped up and now erasing recoverable health on your opponent is a big thing because throws are going to be dangerous for a variety of reasons. Several gems are getting nerfed, launchers aren't going to zoom up anymore. Cross Arts is doing a bit more damage now. Rolls are now punishable as well (though not 100% free for you, you just still get a chance to okizeme them).

I hate anthropomorphism. I don't even like the Lion King.

- A lot of characters are going to get punished now for shit like using boost combos as pokes. The more grievously good single pokes are getting nerfed in various forms. This was by far the biggest issue with 2012 IMO. It was way too hard to get in with Tekken characters for good damage on the ground because of that pressure and because of superior anti-air for the SF cast, it made jumping in really difficult. With this change, you'll have to know your shit to the T otherwise you'll get thrown or jump-in'd for ridiculously huge damage (almost all the tekken characters can get 500 damage if they land a j.HK or j.HP lol). It'll make the game more friendly for aggressive and high damage play like the game was intended to be like.

Ibuki still has her upper-body invincible back MP that leads into full combos ^_^

Shouta

I hate anthropomorphism. I don't even like the Lion King.

Ibuki still has her upper-body invincible back MP that leads into full combos ^_^

Kuma still has lack of face hitbox Hunting Stance too, lol. King's crouch MP lost his hit box above the chance to make it anti-air, so fun fun. Ibuki needs some shit though, Tsumuji being -frames on block means you can't bullrush folks now.

To be fair, Tsumuji had some insane stuff going for it if you could hit 1 frame links. So much meter build. Plus she had a bunch of really dumb left/right mixups. Probably still does.

Shouta

Yeah, that's kind of why they nerfed it, I think. She still has lots of options, it's just that sick, "zero chance for me to do shit because it's so safe" pressure is gone

Isn't it only like -1, though? if you jump cancel it off cHP it'll be spaced pretty well, right? I haven't played in a while.

edit: oh, -3, but only the MK and HK versions.

Top Bottom