• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EW: 'Halo 2' shows revamped cinematics in new trailer

zma1013

Faces look weird to me but they always have in Halo games. Everything else looks amazing. Do they really give you the ability to switch between old and new cinematics? That's pretty neat too.

Ont

I have only played a little bit of Halo 3 in the past. Never owned the original Xbox.

Getting to experience these four games with no delays in between will make head explode.

Forza is awesome
Sunset is awesome
MCC is awesome
Ori and the blind Forest looks beautiful
Quantum Break looks promising
Halo 5 next year
Tomb Raider next year
Gears and Crackdown in the works

And that's not even counting the unannounced stuff that's been hinted at.

Qunatum looks boring, Tomb Raider is something I won't support, Gears is boring and Crackdown hasn't even been shown.

Sunset looks cool, but the humor is lost on me and I didn't really like what I saw in previews.

Halo is literally the only thing I would play if I got the console, everything else I would get on PS4 for my multiplats.

Asbear

Banned
They're prerendered and CG so that's instantly a turnoff for me. I always prefer real-time rendered cutscenes that use the in-game assets.

What sucks is I have a PS4 and great PC, and have no interest in an Xbox One....except for this. It seems really dumb to buy an Xbox One for this, but damn. I watched the trailer again, and I need this. I wonder if I can get decent moolah for a soft modded PS3. It may be time to build up the piggy bank.

Noobcraft

Qunatum looks boring, Tomb Raider is something I won't support, Gears is boring and Crackdown hasn't even been shown.

Sunset looks cool, but the humor is lost on me and I didn't really like what I saw in previews.

Halo is literally the only thing I would play if I got the console, everything else I would get on PS4 for my multiplats.
I'm not gonna try and sell you on an Xbox One.
VT8ohbq.png

As someone who has only played Halo Reach and Halo 4, I'm super pumped for this. It's already sitting on my hard drive waiting for 11/11

Sojgat

Well, shit. Looks like I'll be playing Halo 2 first then.

Awesome trailer. Even Gravemind looked cool (kind of).

If I've never played Halo 1-3 is it important that I start at 1? I don't know how long I can avoid Halo 2A
My personal recommendation? Fuck yeah, start at 1. It isn't a long game anywho, so you can plow through in a sitting. Hell---you can plow through most in a single (long) sitting. Start from the beginning. Please.

abadguy

Banned

I really hated the way the Prophet of Truth Changed between Halo 2 and 3. He had a more calm demeanor about him. He was clearly fanatical but it was more subtle ( and Micheal Wincott was excellent in voicing hm) but then in Halo 3 he's like some generic , yelling maniac.

lol, posts like this...

Anyway can't wait for next month, This is going to rule my X1!

I really hated the way the Prophet of Truth Changed between Halo 2 and 3. He had a more calm demeanor about him. He was clearly fanatical but it was more subtle ( and Micheal Wincott was excellent in voicing hm) but then in Halo 3 he's like some generic , yelling maniac.

maybe because he was getting desperate in h3

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They got Blur to do these? That's awesome. Good to see a game studio using them for something other than trailers.

Top Bottom