• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

Endo Punk

I hope new players get access to this content eventually too. Skipped GTAV on last gen because I suspected it would be on current gen.

Hip Hop

How do they determine what a returning player is? I finished the game on PS3 but I no longer have my copy. I still have my single player save though...

I'm assuming it works by your PSN Trophies. It should know that you've played the game before with that info.

bud23

duckroll

How do they determine what a returning player is? I finished the game on PS3 but I no longer have my copy. I still have my single player save though...

Social Club. A returning player is someone who transfers their Social Club stuff from an existing version (PS3 or 360) to a new platform (PS4, XB1, or PC). This is just a loyalty promotion they're doing to reinforce support for their social platform, since they want to use it for all the multiplayer and social hooks in their games.

Leyasu

Banned
I didnt buy gta5 because I waited for this version. With SO and halo coming, I have decided to save this until after the halo 5 beta..

Months of gaming coming up

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
exJS9Tz.jpg

Halo_4_railgun.jpg

I don't get it.

w00zey

Well here is to hoping that my 360 info can at least be verified so I get the shit on my PS4. I don't even care about transferring my save.

goonergaz

So kind of tempting to borrow this on PS3 to qualify...anyone know what you need to do to actually qualify for the goodies?

Will I get this content on PS4 if I only played some of the single player on 360?
Never touched multiplayer. I do have PSN and XBL accounts linked on the R* Social Club.

slash3584

FYI the only thing you need to get this content is to have an R* Social Club account with the first mission on the game 'Prologue' completed. This can be achieved in less than 20 min.

So you could create a new Social Club account and ask a friend to sync it and play that mission.

EDIT: Also, you can verify if your last gen game data is still intact by entering in the Social Club page and going into the GTA V stats where there is a list of Missions and stuff you completed.

It definitely says that it's exclusive to RETURNING PLAYERS. I'm not sure what press release you're reading, however...

That's the thing. It only uses that language once within the press release to describe a specific outfit; beyond that, it does read like a press release to convince past-gen owners to invest in the next version.

I'm re-reading it, and hoping that my interpretation is correct. Because R* wouldn't fail that badly. Right?

.... right?

Ahh. Just saw that prologue section. Welp, I'm wrong.

Oh well. A bit disappointing.

wait so how do they check if you are owner of the last gen version? Is that by the social club membership thing?

Yes, as long as you finished the prologue mission on PS3 or 360 it records to the social club and you'll get the content.

Looks good can't wait for the new stuff. This content will probably be available to everyone eventually.

I don't know what this means.

Exclusive content for returning players, and it requires R* Club membership. It almost reads as if they mean only people who played it on PS360 will have access to these things, not that these things are the new additions to this version for everyone.

Not almost. That's exactly what it means.

I played 40 hours singleplayer but social club says i didn't play online. am I fucked?

If you played the prologue and was online on you 360, or ps3. You should be okay

Also, this murder case seems cool, i love this vinewood stuff! i bet michael will get all excited about this and try to act like it's a movie hahaha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I assume the Duke will just respawn in a certain spot. I don't trust garages even though I'm told that bug was already patched in the original game.

They haven't taken any songs out of this version, right? Just added more?

Top Bottom