• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

exclusive status of PSVR games (Robinson Journey, Rez Infinite = timed exclusives)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sony Euro PS blog seems to clear the air about the exclusivity status of the PSVR titles.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/05/heres-the-playstation-vr-software-launch-line-up-in-full/

several games that were announced only for PS VR currently (with no Rift or Vive version announced), seems to have no permanent exclusivity (they have a "Play it first on PlayStation VR" tag). Of cause this is not a confirmation that they will surely be coming to the Rift/Vive after a certain period of time. It is only a confirmation that they will be exclusive for PSVR in the near future at least.

Timed Exclusive
100ft Robot Golf
Battlezone
Batman Arkham VR
Harmonix Music VR
Headmaster
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Volume: Coda
Wayward Sky
Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission
Robinson: The Journey
How We Soar
Tethered
Megaton Rainfall

These titles are PSVR exclusive, so its extremely unlikely we will see them on other platforms (permanently exclusive). Most if not all of them are first party anyway:

Playstation Exclusive
Bound
Driveclub VR
Here They Lie
Hustle Kings VR
Super Stardust VR
Playstation VR Worlds
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
The Playroom VR
Tumble VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

The rest of the list, well doesn't seems to be locked down by anything. I guess it means they can be ported by Rift/Vive by the developers any time they want, if there isn't a Rift/Vive version by now. Interestingly Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin doesn't have a "Play it first on PSVR" or "PSVR exclusive" tag.

No Exclusive Clause
EVE: Valkyrie
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Loading Human
Sports Bar VR
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
The Assembly
Thumper
World War Toons
Waddle Home
EVE: Gunjack
Carnival Games
Moto Racer 4
Eagle Flight
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Ace Banana
Fated: The Silent Oath
Holoball
Pixel Ripped 1989
Proton Pulse
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Time Machine VR
Space Rift
Trackmania VR
Radial G
Windlands
Viva Ex Vivo
Pixel Gear
The Brookhaven Experiment
Weeping Doll
Golem
GNOG
Statik
XING: The Land Beyond
Korix

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X and Resident Evil 7 has a Playstation exclusive content tag. No idea what it really means for Hatsune Miku, considering that the based game is for PS4 (which naturally mean it should have a PSVR exclusive tag instead)

Hale-XF11

I suspected that Psychonauts wasn't exclusive, but I'm glad to hear confirmation. I'd be sad if I couldn't play that on PC at some point.

Eolz

Rez PC is known since a while yeah.
PS4 is not a platform where people should assume games are automatically exclusive.

Raylan

Banned
These titles are PSVR exclusive, so its extremely unlikely we will see them on other platforms (permanently exclusive). Most if not all of them are first party anyway:

Playstation Exclusive
Bound
Driveclub VR
Here They Lie
Hustle Kings VR
Super Stardust VR
Playstation VR Worlds
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
The Playroom VR
Tumble VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
These are all Sony IPs. And you forgot FARPOINT. Another Sony IP.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ace Combat 7 isn't going to be Playstation VR exclusive, or at least not Playstation 4 exclusive. Something about the wording of the official page...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/ace-combat-7-ps4/

PlayStation®4 players will be further immersed in ACE COMBAT 7’s realism through exclusive features developed specifically for the Sony PlayStation VR.

Do we know anything official regarding this one's exclusivity?

Very glad most of the games are not exclusive.

Interestingly enough, pretty much all the games I liked are Sony-developed games (Driveclub, RIGS, Farpoint). That almost never happens, especially in the past couple generations. It brings me memories of playing Gran Turismo and Wipeout on PS2...
That might change with Ace Combat 7 and Doom VR, but right now, I would simply not jump into VR without Sony's exclusives.

NoKisum

REZ PC? This will make I think the fourth time I purchase the game. Totally worth it though.

Also, trance vibrator mods!

VR is so niche, i'm sure all companies understand 3rd parties need to be allowed to on all headsets to make any money, i'd not expect many to be permanent moneyhats.

Glad they're being open about it.

I'm not a fan of this kind of business really as it feels like paying to delay it on other platforms, but at least they are being transparent about it.

I'm surprised at Here They Lie being exclusive!

It's a Sony IP, co-developed by Santa Monica Studios. Generally anything which lists Japan Studio, XDEV or Santa Monica in the trailer splash screen will be a Sony IP.

I think its more surprising what happened to Robinson. It was first showed as an Oculus title, then it was somehow PSVR exclusive and now it seems in 6 months it will be on PCVR again.

KKRT00

I think its more surprising what happened to Robinson. It was first showed as an Oculus title, then it was somehow PSVR exclusive and now it seems in 6 months it will be on PCVR again.

Robinson was not shown as a Oculus title.
Only Back to Dinosaur Island 2 VR Demo was shown on oculus and its downloadable on steam for everyone right now.

Robinson was not shown as a Oculus title.
Only Back to Dinosaur Island 2 VR Demo was shown on oculus and its downloadable on steam for everyone right now.

It was:

http://www.theriftarcade.com/heres-robinson-the-journey-prototype-running-on-oculus-rift-cv1/

Now, thanks to AMD, we can see the first prototype footage of the game running on an Oculus Rift Crescent Bay prototype headset.

http://www.roadtovr.com/hands-on-cr...pe-motion-controls-back-to-dinosaur-island-2/

Back to Dinosaur Island 2 was actually a prototype for Robinson, so people were believing that Robinson was an Oculus title.

This is good to hear. The only games I'm interested in out of the forever exclusive list are Here They Lie, Rigs, and Bound (and you can play Bound outside VR). I was debating whether or not to get PSVR to supplement my Vive, but it's kind of hard to justify that now.

Top Bottom