• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ordered NISoSC and To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers. Atlus seems too busy with Sega's properties to localise any game from Aquaplus.

NISOSC all of the changes are pretty great from what i played with the demo.

Its too bad atlus has not brought out the 2heart dt remake in the west as that one was pretty good too even if you were not too familiar with the characters.

Im still wondering whats going on with dt2-2 though possibly aquaplus wants to release the 2nd half of utawarerumono first before announcing anything. Or at least am hoping some news pops up tgs time.

robotnik

NISOSC all of the changes are pretty great from what i played with the demo.

Its too bad atlus has not brought out the 2heart dt remake in the west as that one was pretty good too even if you were not too familiar with the characters.

Im still wondering whats going on with dt2-2 though possibly aquaplus wants to release the 2nd half of utawarerumono first before announcing anything. Or at least am hoping some news pops up tgs time.
I'm also interested in this pre-order novel by Benny Matsuyama. Honestly I'd wait and buy pre-owned copy, but wanted this novel. Not sure if I'll start the game right away. Too many cool localized games lately - Star Ocean 5 (fuck reviews), Zero Time Dilemma, 7th dragon VFD, etc.

I always thought Aquaplus is just too small and can't afford development of two games at the same time. Might be wrong though.

Parakeetman

I'm also interested in this pre-order novel by Benny Matsuyama. Honestly I'd wait and buy pre-owned copy, but wanted this novel. Not sure if I'll start the game right away. Too many cool localized games lately - Star Ocean 5 (fuck reviews), Zero Time Dilemma, 7th dragon VFD, etc.

I always thought Aquaplus is just too small and can't afford development of two games at the same time. Might be wrong though.

It seems the pre-order novel thing comes with its own special box for the novel and game. Which is kinda cool. Saw that the artwork of the novel, is actually a homage to Benny's first debut book which is pretty awesome. Guess they had asked Yoko Tsukamoto to do the design specifically like that.

Grabbed these from twitter images might be huge though
Rsc21vr.jpg
*Light Novel

*Benny Matsuyama's debut light novel

With Aquaplus I wonder if the project got delayed due to scheduling also on Sting's behalf? Since they are the ones behind the development and such. Though since we are not sure on that the situation looked to be more that AP was putting a lot of effort into the whole Utawarerumono project stuff with the anime and other whatnots. Plus going straight to work on the 2nd half of the 2nd game. One thing for sure about aquaplus though is they seem to have a decent amount of $$$ to afford the kind of production values they put into their artwork / voice recordings with their games so am curious how large they are company wise. Never really looked into that. Right now their homepage is literally all about Utawarerumono lol

Wonder if they are redoing the DT2-2 website since all traces of it kinda went up in smoke. Though apparently word from the company still says that its in production and they are shooting for a release within this year. Though that also includes until 2017 May. Though from the way things were worded seems most def what I wrote above in regards to Utawarerumono being pushed out first and foremost taking priority was right.

Heres the post I did on the demo

Demo was pretty damned good. The new additions to the game really help improve the overall experience, though the games difficulty does drop quite a bit too due to the fact it is easier to get kitted out with good gear fast.

Nice too is you are able to upgrade equipment now at the shop. There seems to be caps to the + value, though spending $$$ to constantly upgrade things is a huge help. Also unique items you can have multiples which is also cool and upgrade them yourself. So no more having to fuck around with the mumic. Which while cute at first, honestly its more of a pain in the ass in the long run.

Lots of other tweaks in there like with morale cost for ambushing. So you can keep going constantly and wind up with tons of loot to take back and sell.

The new class is pretty funny the Freeman which "normally" you cant take out of the base into the dungeons. Though there is a bug you can do inserting them into your party. Looking at their skills am pretty certain they had designed it not to leave the base as having it gain exp at a normal rate unlocking all of their skills most def breaks the game due to the various bonuses it gives.

Normal enemies coming with chests now too is pretty awesome. Which are filled with random items. So its like a grab bag basically as you wont know whats in them.

The Clocker is pretty damned strong, though since its like a "Red Mage" from FF its a bit hard to decide how you want to allocate your points as it has both Cleric and Mage spells on top of its own clocker skills. Its pretty competent as a fighter also.

Doll Master while it does not equip weapons, it uses the enemy against others or itself to attack things which is pretty interesting. Though they seem to be quite fragile. Am still uncertain what stats it needs though so am sure mine was distributed wrong. Which most likely explains why she got 1 shotted.

All of the new perks and stuff are a huge help too. Like one if you dont pick any starting perk you get the chance for higher rolls which gives you some insane numbers fairly easily. Then the secondary traits are nice too.

For those who like a bit more of a challenge with the Lineage fights, playing by the games rules of the level cap challenge was pretty fun. And not too bad as long as you have decent equipment to make up for the drop in levels. If you successfully defeat the lineage species you get a bunch of extra items as a reward which is cool.

Game also added items that can increase, exp, various stats, skill slots. Pretty useful as helps take the burden of worrying about which stats to increase and the exp items are great for leveling a single character slightly faster or helping lower leveled ones pick up the slack.

Overall huge improvement to the original game that was released in 2014. This game does not contain the Oxijiyen style portraits and whatnots so that tells me the base build of this game was the Vita version. Reason why its not the X360 / PC version is due to the different monsters used. That and do think? the Vita ver has a different resolution also due to the Vita screen.

Am kinda curious if any of this stuff will make its way into Demon Gaze 2.

So I finished Ray Gigant, and even sorta knowing what to expect it was still underwhelming. Very easy, very simplified combat, and a pretty cookiecutter anime story. I never even used most of the "higher level" actions due to the AP cost and 6 command limit. Only thing that really stood out to me about the game was the "otome-ish" designs for a lot of the characters, but while I don't mind that, it doesn't really do much for me either.

All in all I was rather bummed out but it. That the time they get a bit of a budget and a decent sized publisher backing them, they produce their least interesting game.

Parakeetman

So I finished Ray Gigant, and even sorta knowing what to expect it was still underwhelming. Very easy, very simplified combat, and a pretty cookiecutter anime story. I never even used most of the "higher level" actions due to the AP and 6 command limit. Only thing that really stood out to me about the game was the "otome-ish" designs for a lot of the characters, but while I don't mind that, it doesn't really do much for me either.

All in all I was rather bummed out but it. That the time they get a bit of a budget and a decent sized publisher backing them, they produce their least interesting game.

Actually I think it seems that Ray Gigant was more of an experiment from what they have said in the past. Also can most def tell the budget / schedule or both ran out of time with how things felt rushed as you progress further into the story. D: Which was a huge personal letdown as that is what was driving me to finish it as it sure as hell wasnt the gameplay lol. Im kinda curious how much "direction" did bandai namco have in the way the project turned out. Since it was the producer or something from there that had contacted exp inc to do the project for them.

Yeah the artist is a female apparently. Am not sure if they are Korean a lot but I used to see on their twitter Korean posts and I think replies in Korean too? Really unique art style though, its a bit of a shame she didnt do the designs of the transformed characters also. As did not did the artwork used for all 3 of the characters...Esp Ichiya dear god what were they thinking.

One thing that Exp has said in the past during live streams though I think they were not supposed to was basically RG went and failed both on the fronts of catering to both their fans and the casual crowd here in Japan... So take that as you will lol. Though at least a positive is the West seems to be taking to it better from all the reviews and impressions.

Its great making boss fights trivial just by having your SBM maxed out before a fight then popping it off at the start.

With the game design one of the worst things Id have to say was those unnecessary "portal" dungeons. The places with all the crystals and shit. Always hated those as knew it would ALWAYS happen before a boss fight... Since the normal dungeons were a slog enough, did not like those at all.

Other weird stuff was how the first dungeon was not optimized too well in the sense that there was slowdown and such due to the areas of the dungeon where walls had holes in it so you could see to other sections. And around those areas is where the game would slow down when navigating the dungeons due to that. Must have something to do with whatever the basic "engine" they use compounded with other stuff such as the objects in the world / rendering etc. Not having been to optimize that when it was the very first dungeon kinda says that they were on a tight schedule if you think about it from a development stance.

They had something interesting, but yeah most def could have used a good amount more time in the oven. As they were going for a stronger narrative, so it falling apart as you progress was really unfortunate as the game did have a strong cast. Really made me wish that it was fully voiced. Would have made up for the dungeon part of the game thats for sure lol.

----

Back to NISOSC managed to finally grab screenshots of the list of changes they added to the game from the Exp Channel live stream had posted previous page. Not going to translate stuff at the moment as not doing too hot healthwise. Massive headache right now too which isnt helping. 5 images below. *Translated changes below the images taken from the OT

Il5gBTA.png

List of the various additions and changes to the game follows below. I might miss some or translate something wrong as am half asleep on this side. Beware though as its going to be a fairly long list. Under the English list will have the original JP info listed also for those who can read better than I do lol.
  • New Traits
  • Addition of Origins? to character creation (similar to traits)
  • New portraits for the 3 new classes 6 total. 1 Male / Female portrait per class.
  • Removal of limit of Class Changing.
  • Adjustment of Skill Slots
  • Addition of items that increase Exp / Stats / Skill Slots
  • Addition of Beginner difficulty mode
  • Addition of "Ball of Light" repeat battle challenge system (No idea what this is)
  • Adjustment to current and new skills
  • Adjustment to current spells
  • Buff / Debuff limit setting?
  • Addition of enemy skills "Awareness" "Feint"
  • Addition of the "Guard Counter" system for the player. Able to KO enemies with it. Loses effectiveness the more its procced
  • Divinity skill adjustment
  • Addition of repeat Divinity skill command selection
  • Addition of new bad status "Curse" and adjustment to existing bad status effects
  • Displaying of bad status effects on enemies
  • Adjustment of enemy action patterns
  • Addition of Lineage Species Subjugation Challenge? system
  • Adjustment of Lineage Species respawn location and timing
  • Adjustment of random encounter percentage
  • Changed set enemy icon repop conditions to changing areas
  • Able to obtain treasure from enemy icons
  • Removal of rare item limitations (can have multiple rare items now)
  • Addition of new equipment
  • Addition of equipment strengthening at the shop. Removal of Mumic system
  • Addition of shop items restock when items are sold? (translation might be wrong)
  • Adjustment of resurrection / recovery healing time / cost
  • Addition of "Soul Saving" event
  • Addition of new monsters
  • Addition of Monster Gathering gimmick in dungeons (think this is the multiple encounter battle icon)
  • Addition of hidden treasure points
  • Adjustment of some sections in dungeons? (transalation might be wrong)
  • Improvement of the auto movement system for passing through cleared sections with spinner panels
  • Adjustement to morale usage rate for hiding system
  • Adjustment to drop rates for some items (underwear and accessories) in particular
  • Adjustment to inventory space
  • Removal of limit on amount of playthroughs that can be done
  • Change to how one can approach the different ending routes? (translation might be wrong)
  • Adjustement to traps in dungeons
  • Mausoleum of Ice - limitation on skill usage has been changed (blocked to take damage instead)
  • Adjustment to the switch gimmicks in the Ark of Eternity
  • Addition of item identification during battle (why? lol)
  • Change to ranking categories
  • Change to trophies
  • Improvement of UI?
  • 20 other fixes (not listed)
  • Additional dungeon(s)? added after clearing the game. (Not sure on how many total? will try to find out when the wiki is updated)

Am glad they got rid of the mumic one as was a bit too "random" to be of any real use. Replacing that with being able to just upgrade whatever you want as long as you got the cash at the shop works far better from what I messed with in the demo.

robotnik

Grabbed these from twitter images might be huge though
Woah, very impressive artwork.

Back to NISOSC managed to finally grab screenshots of the list of changes they added to the game from the Exp Channel live stream had posted previous page. Not going to translate stuff at the moment as not doing too hot healthwise. Massive headache right now too which isnt helping. 5 images below.
Get well soon!

CrovaxPSO

Saw this picture on Twitter of the package that New Interpretation SoSC comes in with the light novel:

NMIxiXi.jpg

I just figured the book would come wrapped to the game so it's nice to see they made a box to hold the two together. And it looks like they used the novel's cover art for the box art as well.

I just got the payment request for my order so hopefully I should have it in about a week.

Parakeetman

Woah, very impressive artwork.

Get well soon!

Thanks!

Saw this picture on Twitter of the package that New Interpretation SoSC comes in with the light novel:

NMIxiXi.jpg

I just figured the book would come wrapped to the game so it's nice to see they made a box to hold the two together. And it looks like they used the novel's cover art for the box art as well.

I just got the payment request for my order so hopefully I should have it in about a week.

Yeah really looks nice am glad it comes in a box so I dont lose the novel somewhere lol

Dorarnae

NMIxiXi.jpg

nice. I'll probably take a lil break with Coven if I am not done and get this(pretty much need to grind to defeat the final post game boss). quite busy with new job lately, doing lots of over time -_-.

there's also etrian 5 coming out soon if I remember? I should be busy for a while hehe.

Parakeetman

nice. I'll probably take a lil break with Coven if I am not done and get this(pretty much need to grind to defeat the final post game boss). quite busy with new job lately, doing lots of over time -_-.

there's also etrian 5 coming out soon if I remember? I should be busy for a while hehe.

Yeah EOV is Aug. 5th.

Good that you found a new job. Go focus on that so you can have more $$$ to buy other shit as the onslaught of games this year is non stop lol

Dorarnae

cdjapan shipped my copy, just need to wait for it to arrive, also ordered that trpg thing, it won't be useful, but I am curious... and well it's experience inc... lol.

Parakeetman

cdjapan shipped my copy, just need to wait for it to arrive, also ordered that trpg thing, it won't be useful, but I am curious... and well it's experience inc... lol.

It should be useful enough to get you those extra portraits lol. Though no idea how that works yet as have not gotten them myself. Seems like you have to access some link instead as there is no download code packaged with that TRPG book itself after flipping through it.

Am finishing up the simple OT for the game. Its a day late though, then again there will be less than 5 people in the thread I imagine so not like it matters much which is why didnt prioritize it all that high unlike other things I do.

Finished the simple OT and its up as a discussion space. As usual we can expect a ghost town lol. I still have yet to transfer my data over from the demo though D:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1251051

Im sure folks will be able to beat the game a lot faster now since its a hell of a lot easier to get leveled up and equipment upgraded. That and to get the new dungeon(s)? you need to beat the game anyways lol

Parakeetman

Got To Heart 2 and little bonus :)

Code:
[IMG]http://imgur.com/VD42aFq.jpg[/IMG]

Still waiting for updated SoSC.

Nice both good games right there. Am surprised that they still have LEs around of the DT remake.

Nova was quite enjoyable too.

Though dear god did the OG DT have so many characters that made your head spin with who to use.

robotnik

Nice both good games right there. Am surprised that they still have LEs around of the DT remake.

Nova was quite enjoyable too.

Though dear god did the OG DT have so many characters that made your head spin with who to use.
Thanks! Now I just need to find time to play them -_-

Parakeetman

no not yet, I took a slower shipping for the book...

Speaking of books saw that they are doing a light novel signing event in Akiba I think. Not going to bother with it though as think its not only late in the evening the weather is hellish hot again.

Parakeetman

I wonder if Kadokawa is going to be using a bigger budget for the game with how popular the previous one was as would be nice to get full vocals for the story bits.

At least it seems like they are investing more $$$ into the title with the videos we have seen so far.

Man one thing though is Id really like some new classes introduced into their series. The clocker and puppeteer were a nice start, (freeman doesnt count since it literally does nothing combatwise lol) but they need to do a bit more to keep things fresh.

Dorarnae

I wonder if Kadokawa is going to be using a bigger budget for the game with how popular the previous one was as would be nice to get full vocals for the story bits.

At least it seems like they are investing more $$$ into the title with the videos we have seen so far.

Man one thing though is Id really like some new classes introduced into their series. The clocker and puppeteer were a nice start, (freeman doesnt count since it literally does nothing combatwise lol) but they need to do a bit more to keep things fresh.

yeah I agree they need to update their class a bit.
I am liking the music though, really want that soundtrack cd. hehe.

Parakeetman

saw that on twitter...
Co_g8ALUsAAgDWk.jpg

not sure if I understood correctly, but they're doing some kind of campaign?

Not sure didnt see the tweets though those must be the leftovers from when they did a campaign real long time ago. Might have been during the original jp vita release.

Dorarnae

saw that tweet:
CpaV6zTUIAA5Flo.jpg:large

looks like demons are your party member this time? which I kinda thought it would be with the trailer and how they seemed more involved....

007_s.png
008_s.png

is she famous? I only know she's doing cross news thing but other than that...
looks like she's voicing one of the demon.

Parakeetman

saw that tweet:
CpaV6zTUIAA5Flo.jpg:large

looks like demons are your party member this time? which I kinda thought it would be with the trailer and how they seemed more involved....

007_s.png
008_s.png

is she famous? I only know she's doing cross news thing but other than that...
looks like she's voicing one of the demon.

It looks like they might be going the "entaku" sorta route in the sense of the demons being set party members that all have different classes. Rather than you creating your own. Though wonder how that will work out. But if the game is more narrative focused like Entaku perhaps it will do ok.

Saw that stuff in the other info that was on the JP sites a while back. Didnt bother to make a post here since am still waiting to see more info. But its looking to be that the demons are the set characters now outside of the MC.

Shes on Cross News but never bothered to look up more info past that since I almost never watch the CN stuff. As there usually isnt any real useful info from those and more advertising for other partner companies it seems. Go look up Tachibana Rika if you are curious. Think the other cohost thats with her has a fan following due to the work she did in Phantasy Star Online 2 or something. Forgot what her name was though.

I know it's not an Experience game but figured one of you guys may know something about it. Was MeiQ considered good? I see it barely even charted it's first week in Japan, which may be why I can't find anything on it, but surely someone has some words on it other than "it's hard".

Parakeetman

I know it's not an Experience game but figured one of you guys may know something about it. Was MeiQ considered good? I see it barely even charted it's first week in Japan, which may be why I can't find anything on it, but surely someone has some words on it other than "it's hard".

Not really.

People will either like or hate it. Dungeon exploration is a pain in the ass. Also some of the gameplay mechanics are not too hot. One other odd complaint was that folks said the dungeons were too large. Saw that several times in different places.

Only general positives is how quick combat can be and the characters events are full voice.

While the JP reviewer is known to be ungodly fast at clearing titles its around 18 hours is what they clocked in for their first play through.

http://game.girldoll.org/mei-q-review/

In regards to amazon only 9 people reviewed it so its sitting at 4 stars, but thats 9 people now. And the price is low on both the LE and standard ED. Think the LE was even priced lower for whatever reason. So take that as you will. Dont really hear too much about the game over here. It kinda came out and that was it.

For technical issues game apparently had freezes and such so saving often is suggested. No idea if it was fixed. Was not something that would occur often but it can happen which was the problem.

Also while there are only 2 reviews here this site is also not too bad for how players in Japan thought about a title. As folks who post there are required to follow a specific format when doing reviews.
http://www.psvita-mk2.net/title.php?title=625

Think the site too does not allow reviews to go out till a certain period of time has passed after a games release. To prevent the asshattery we always see on Amazon...

For myself I didnt pick up the game for 2 reasons. 1 I know that reviewer and trust their opinions on things not to mention they are quite through with their playthroughs and understand game design well so when they comment on something its usually pretty fair and based off of actual knowledge / skill. And 2 did not like the artwork and how the game looked in trailers in general. Seeing general reactions to the game yeah it turned out pretty much what I had expected and am glad I didnt waste $$$ on it.

Go pray that NISA hurries up and releases Coven as that is a well made game worth its price of entry. Or Atlus announces EOV for the West. One of the two.

For Compile Heart at least Mary Skelter looks like it had some sort of a budget... No idea what they were thinking with メイQノ地下ニ死ス

Not really.

People will either like or hate it. Dungeon exploration is a pain in the ass. Also some of the gameplay mechanics are not too hot.

Only general positives is how quick combat can be and the characters events are full voice.

While the JP reviewer is known to be ungodly fast at clearing titles its around 18 hours is what they clocked in for their first play through.

http://game.girldoll.org/mei-q-review/

In regards to amazon only 9 people reviewed it so its sitting at 4 stars, but thats 9 people now. And the price is low on both the LE and standard ED. Think the LE was even priced lower for whatever reason. So take that as you will. Dont really hear too much about the game over here. It kinda came out and that was it.

For technical issues game apparently had freezes and such so saving often is suggested. No idea if it was fixed. Was not something that would occur often but it can happen which was the problem.

Also while there are only 2 reviews here this site is also not too bad for how players in Japan thought about a title. As folks who post there are required to follow a specific format when doing reviews.
http://www.psvita-mk2.net/title.php?title=625

Think the site too does not allow reviews to go out till a certain period of time has passed after a games release. To prevent the asshattery we always see on Amazon...

Thank you for finding stuff on it. I would assume those technical issues are because it seems to be running on the same engine Trillion did, which they didn't even go back and fix that after it seemed to do pretty well sales wise, so can only assume the same for this when it sold quite a bit less. Difficulty sounds ehh, but is it more or less ehh than i've found several Exp titles is the question. Maps also seem to be giant mazes for the most part, which I'm fine with.

Main thing I was wondering about is the customization and how battles are, which sounds like both are largely hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. Don't think I'd worry too much about length from someone who speed runs these things though lol, especially since I like taking my time more. Guess it just depends on how bad those tech issues are, because I found them to be pretty gamebreaking in Trillion.

With that said, ya I hope both Coven and Mary Skelter are able to find their way over, although the latter seems like it could not because of how the fanservice is in it.

Parakeetman

Thank you for finding stuff on it. I would assume those technical issues are because it seems to be running on the same engine Trillion did, which they didn't even go back and fix that after it seemed to do pretty well sales wise, so can only assume the same for this when it sold quite a bit less. Difficulty sounds ehh, but is it more or less ehh than i've found several Exp titles is the question. Maps also seem to be giant mazes for the most part, which I'm fine with.

Main thing I was wondering about is the customization and how battles are, which sounds like both are largely hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. Don't think I'd worry too much about length from someone who speed runs these things though lol, especially since I like taking my time more.

Basically people said the game balance is off with the title.

Its kinda crazy how that person can do as much possible in a game yet still have a pretty low clear time. Other stuff they play through multiple times to see the other content if possible like they did with that Idol RPG forgot the name of it. Think that was a compile heart game too... Game companies are constantly trying to stop him from doing reviews as he always manages to get stuff a bit in advance.

Battles most people seem to like the fact that you can just blaze through it, which makes sense as a positive due to the negative of the dungeons being too large would be a huge drag otherwise if combat was slow.

Id say this is a title to just wait and see rather than rush out to pick it up day 1. As the quality just does not seem to be there to warrant the day one treatment. Though if one is a fan of the artwork and just wants a story to go through seeing how folks say its fully voiced that would be the enjoyment to be had with the title. Its similar to how one doesnt go buying Ray Gigant for the gameplay lol. Though was a shame that game was not full voiced considering how it was so story centric and had a decent cast.

Its like my questionable purchase with Black Rose Valkyrie lol I only got that due to the character design art being done by Kosuke Fujishima. Though apparently that game is a mess also which I found out later from that same review site. As they went through the game.

---

More info from a different review had found.
http://tsumige.net/archives/2026

MeiQ has 2 difficulty modes Normal / Hard

Dungeon design whats being said is the layout is what drives people insane. Though the plus side is the encounter rate is not too high and there are not a lot of irritating traps so for the exploration part new players can play the game. Though what happens in battle with the game balance stuff is another issue I suppose. So the two opinions are separated in Exploration vs. Battle

For customization they say that changing out parts / riders causes a small bit of loading to occur and due to this even if one wants to keep changing up their parts and whatnots that it becomes a pain in the ass due to the loading. While its cool seeing the parts graphics change and such, you will be focusing on stats over appearance.

Guild quests difficulty was high is something else said. One problem is for example monster related quests due to the encounter rate being low you get stuck wandering around a lot trying to get the encounters to complete the quest.

In closing this person is saying its a game that would appeal more to those who dont play DRPGs. That and to basically not try to think too much while playing.

Ehh I'm willing to take the chance on it as I like the art and the customization/dungeon design doesn't turn me off from it. May not be the best in the end based off his review, but it could be a decent romp considering Coven/Mary Skelter wouldn't even be till early next year at the earliest. I could see Coven taking longer since it's Nisa, but it's not like IFI has much going on unless they attempt to bring MS. That and the LE for the game...well, I couldn't say no to that considering the artbook, full(?) OST and mousepad....

Parakeetman

Ehh I'm willing to take the chance on it as I like the art and the customization/dungeon design doesn't turn me off from it. May not be the best in the end based off his review, but it could be a decent romp considering Coven/Mary Skelter wouldn't even be till early next year at the earliest. I could see Coven taking longer since it's Nisa, but it's not like IFI has much going on unless they attempt to bring MS. That and the LE for the game...well, I couldn't say no to that considering the artbook, full(?) OST and mousepad....

Oh yeah thats right they made that big LE for the West didnt they. Wonder if its the same size as the JP one. Since JP one came with the special soundtrack artbook and some drama cd.

Also looking at the main site the game did get a patch which brought it up to 1.01 so possibly the crash was fixed in that.

Btw did you already play 7th Dragon on the 3DS? Since if not thats one worth looking into.

Oh yeah thats right they made that big LE for the West didnt they. Wonder if its the same size as the JP one. Since JP one came with the special soundtrack artbook and some drama cd.

Also looking at the main site the game did get a patch which brought it up to 1.01 so possibly the crash was fixed in that.

The Western LE got an artbook, soundtrack and boob mousepad in place of the drama cd, so they definitely had something to sell people on it lol. If that patch did fix the crashing then that's great, last thing I want to worry about is going an hour or more without saving and end up having it reset due to a crash, because I do that far more often than I should in rpgs.

Btw did you already play 7th Dragon on the 3DS? Since if not thats one worth looking into.

Nah, actually only have a Vita for handhelds, which kind of locks me out of a lot of the better drpgs that are 3ds exclusive. Once Vita titles start really slowing down next year then I'll probably consider looking into getting one because there's a good dozen games I'd want on 3ds.

Parakeetman

The Western LE got an artbook, soundtrack and boob mousepad in place of the drama cd, so they definitely had something to sell people on it lol. If that patch did fix the crashing then that's great, last thing I want to worry about is going an hour or more without saving and end up having it reset due to a crash, because I do that far more often than I should in rpgs.

Nah, actually only have a Vita for handhelds, which kind of locks me out of a lot of the better drpgs that are 3ds exclusive. Once Vita titles start really slowing down next year then I'll probably consider looking into getting one because there's a good dozen games I'd want on 3ds.

Yeah it mentioned issue with the quick command stuff. So am guessing that must be the crash possibly? Hopefully that will be patched day 1 for the Western release then.

A 3DS most def is worth getting. Perhaps in the mean time stock up on the games that have limited runs or harder to get now lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord looks like they added some screen poking minigame.
Hope it's not mandatory. Don't mind fanservice in the least but if it strongly encourages you to play through a boring minigame frequently (like luminous arc infinity) it's going to be a pain ( ´-д-) zzz

Don't like the char/demon designs as much as DG1 (average character age seems to have decreased too) but the music still seems great.

Parakeetman

Hope it's not mandatory. Don't mind fanservice in the least but if it strongly encourages you to play through a boring minigame frequently (like luminous arc infinity) it's going to be a pain ( ´-д-) zzz

Don't like the char/demon designs as much as DG1 (average character age seems to have decreased too) but the music still seems great.

Since it seems to be related to maintenance of the demons would imagine that its something that cant really be skipped? Seems that the affection system ties into that also.

It is stating to look like that this game is going more the Entaku route in the sense of preset characters, but the narrative will be strengthened by that at least if so. Though would turn off fans who enjoyed the previous game due to being able to create your own party.

Will see how it goes.

Yeah I threw LAI out the window. That and the whole song system in that game just didnt work well.

One hilarious thing is how the migmy demon is a knight lol

Yeah something seems not as interesting this time around with the designs not quite sure what it is exactly.

Parakeetman

I think they had some event in Akiba but missed it since was too busy fixing a bunch of broken electrical shit. Which reminds me need to get a new soldering iron...

Hey guys, I'm the editor of the CRPG Bok Project, a non-profit, crowd-sourced book on the history of Computer Role-Playing Games being written since 2014.

We've just confirmed an interview with Motoya Ataka of Team Muramasa, to talk about his games and overall design trends in Japanese Wizardry-like RPGs.

Do you guys have any questions you would like to ask Mr. Ataka? If they are interesting we can add them. :)

BTW, great job OP - this thread is the best condensed info source for Exp inc.

Parakeetman

Hey guys, I'm the editor of the CRPG Bok Project, a non-profit, crowd-sourced book on the history of Computer Role-Playing Games being written since 2014.

We've just confirmed an interview with Motoya Ataka of Team Muramasa, to talk about his games and overall design trends in Japanese Wizardry-like RPGs.

Do you guys have any questions you would like to ask Mr. Ataka? If they are interesting we can add them. :)

BTW, great job OP - this thread is the best condensed info source for Exp inc.

Thats pretty cool. Didnt know a project like this existed. Will most def check it out when done as was a huge CRPG player growing up so am sure will recognize a lot of the content within lol Though back then had zero idea of what I was doing most of the time. Was glad to see you guys included Menzoberrazan used to play that game a ton!

One thing about the OP is that a bunch of the information was pieced together from randon JP blog posts or other bits of news here and there / live streaming events so some stuff may be inaccurate in regards to history. Though was about the best I could do with the information available. Think there is even less info available in English for the most part. So am not exactly too sure on the finer details of their past work history with other companies. Only know general stuff like Chikami-san used to work at Falcom and Ataka-san I think? was at Starfish before too though am not sure how accurate that was since think it was some random comment on 2ch or something in the past when was searching for info.

From myself no questions in particular as cant really think of anything that they would be able to answer anyways as its project related lol. Since am curious with how that Yomiwosakuhana game is coming along. Dont think we got anything new info wise ever since that teaser trailer they had released during that 10th anniversary event.

With how it seems that they need to ask Kadokawa for permission on anything in regards to Demon Gaze 2 (in the past on one of their live streams they were talking about needing permission before talking about stuff) cant really ask anything in relation to that either I would imagine? Do want to know if the game will still have the ability to customize your party or if the Demons now are your party similar to the Students of Round series where preset story characters were the "Classes" in the game that you would use during your adventures. Since from what we have seen from screenshots thats what it is looking like. 2nd trailer also seeing how there is some sort of relationship? system with the demons.

All the other stuff related to general questions am sure you guys have covered so there is no point in me thinking stuff up to ask lol

Good luck and will be looking forward to the interview! I think the only other English interview that was out there was done by Siliconera am not sure if there are others.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...er-multiple-xbox-one-titles-development-west/

If you guys need help with anything just let me know and can provide what I can to assist. Or feel free to take info from here, though just ask me first as dont want to put you guys on the spot in the event if info is not 100% sound. Feel free to reach out to me via pm.

Parakeetman

PSA: Demon Gaze is 500 yen on the Jp PS Store.
I wasn't interested but for this price, why not?

Yeah thats part of their whole demon gaze 2 promotion thing. Didnt bother to mention it since importers on GAF is reaching endangered species levels lol

With how it seems that they need to ask Kadokawa for permission on anything in regards to Demon Gaze 2 (in the past on one of their live streams they were talking about needing permission before talking about stuff) cant really ask anything in relation to that either I would imagine?
Yeah, they can't talk about any game that involves other companies - my question about Ray Gigant was shot down - but all the others will be replied! :)

If you guys need help with anything just let me know and can provide what I can to assist.
One thing we need is a quick Stranger of Sword City review - something about 2,500 characters long. Would you be interested? :)

Parakeetman

Yeah, they can't talk about any game that involves other companies - my question about Ray Gigant was shot down - but all the others will be replied! :)

One thing we need is a quick Stranger of Sword City review - something about 2,500 characters long. Would you be interested? :)

Yeah can try to see what I can come up with for a short review. Not exactly a writer but will give it a shot.

Parakeetman

Looks like Demon Gaze 2's release date got pushed forward 2 weeks to Sept 29th

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201608/23113943.html

I wonder why kinda crazy considering that people well not all of course but enough woukd be purchasing persona 5 earlier in the month with that in mind wonder how many will pick up another game right after. Seeing how sales are domestically does not really look like the consumers are in buy buy buy mode.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why kinda crazy considering that people well not all of course but enough woukd be purchasing persona 5 earlier in the month with that in mind wonder how many will pick up another game right after. Seeing how sales are domestically does not really look like the consumers are in buy buy buy mode.
Putting on my tinfoil hat, almost wonder if they planned this from the start to garner some goodwill since release date delays are so widespread and complained about recently. Also happens to coincide with their 500 yen DG1 sale, which ends on the new release day.

Either way you're right though, September is P5 month for me and probably won't buy/play this until October.

Top Bottom