• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Yeah had put that up in the thread about the Shinshaku Ihoujin.

Doubt this will make its way to the West considering that the update can only be done digital and physical it cant, due to limitations with the software. Which makes sense since digital you can replace the whole file while physical you are unable to overwrite everything as the data still exists on the card itself.

Wonder what happens if you upgrade with existing save data though? As do not think they mentioned that.

Doesnt seem to be on amazon yet weird. Seems like other sites have it. Guess will get updated tomorrow or something on Amazon.

Good that the event vid is up. Should clear things up for folks as from the looks of various reports shit was all over the place lol

Looks like they cut the trailers into the full video which is good. As was worried that it was going to be recordings of the projector screen

looks like they had their event filmed too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN16nTMQB_U

Went and skipped around in the vid to find the useful info.

Section where they start talking about Shinsyaku Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin (basically the updated SOSC for the Vita based off of the fan feedback. Which was something in planned for a while as they talked about it in previous livestreams on multiple occasions)
https://youtu.be/aN16nTMQB_U?t=1288

Section bout the TRPG (basically D&D tabletop RPG collaboration with the TRPG maker FEAR) Apparently while niche TRPGs are still a thing here, most popular series is something called Sword World, I suppose you could say its the D&D of Japan.
https://youtu.be/aN16nTMQB_U?t=3209

Section with Demon Gaze 2 info, but from the JP reports seems like the release date will be announced at the Kadokawa event sometime next month.
https://youtu.be/aN16nTMQB_U?t=4809

Section on Yomi wo Saku Hana (think we got most of the info on this already which several game sites translated from the JP reports)
https://youtu.be/aN16nTMQB_U?t=6067

Ephidel

I saw the Amazon listing for the new SoSC has gone up and there's a few more new screenshots :)
71TpahdfIUL._SL1000_.jpg
71J3do-xxaL._SL1000_.jpg
It says something about including a novel as well?
“ベニー松山"氏が綴る書きおろし小説を同梱
小説家やライターとして数々の名作を世に贈りだしてきた“ベニー松山"氏による完全書き下ろしのオリジナル小説を同梱。『剣の街の異邦人』の世界観をベースに、ゲームとは全く異なるアナザーストーリーが展開されます。市販されている小説と同等のボリュームがある文庫本を同梱した数量限定版を、通常版とご提供します。

Parakeetman

I saw the Amazon listing for the new SoSC has gone up and there's a few more new screenshots :)

It says something about including a novel as well?

Yeah its for the full light novel written by Benny Matsuyama. Only 5k copies will come with it. Hes the guy thats written scenarios for other games and done the wizardry light novels, among a ton of other things. Asides from that I dont really know too much about him since am not into the LN scene.

Apparently they were not planning to use amazon but did due to fan request.

Kinda crazy they did not have it ready from the get go like right after the announcement kinda thing. Or whatever amazons schedule is. Would have imagined they lost impulse purchases by not having amazon active during that time.

Dorarnae

14.jpg

another new background. it looks like student of round cemetery(or whatever it was before the final dungeon).
so 2 new dungeon it seems so far.

Faustek

ugh, ran into a time management problem so put SoSC aside and I'm just playing around with Ray Gigant...game is pretty but does it ever ramp up? Saw somewhere on GameFaqs how "hard" the fourth boss was so I was expecting something but in the end it was a forgettable experience. Literally.

Parakeetman

ugh, ran into a time management problem so put SoSC aside and I'm just playing around with Ray Gigant...game is pretty but does it ever ramp up? Saw somewhere on GameFaqs how "hard" the fourth boss was so I was expecting something but in the end it was a forgettable experience. Literally.

Not really. The title of the OT is "Baby's First DRPG" for a reason lol. The only thing that really gets "slightly" harder
is when all 3 MCs join together.
though if you spent time over leveling getting the strongest weapons its fairly trivial. Even the last boss was hilariously easy for the most part.

Shizuka

I just unfollowed Experience's Twitter. I'm sorry, but there's only so much Stranger of Sword City advertising I can take for a few months. I know everything they're tweeting, yet I get my daily reminder that there's a 8-hour trial on XONE or that the japanese release is dual-language.

Parakeetman

Other thing is SBM makes boss fights hilariously easy. So that doesnt help either lol. Esp if you charge up to 100 before a battle.

Faustek

Baby's first DRPG seems apt yes.
Well I can always just rush through it while I try and catch up on the anime I asked to be informed about.

Parakeetman

Baby's first DRPG seems apt yes.
Well I can always just rush through it while I try and catch up on the anime I asked to be informed about.

The only thing you waste time on is collecting those dumbass crystals for unlocking stuff on the skill trees. Worst idea ever vs standard exp. As combined with the static enemy positions turns running circuits on the map into a huge chore. Even with the automated movement its still beyond boring even more so when the combat is a joke lol.

dkoy

These were up at
New portrait pics of the Female Clocker and previously shown Male.

New portrait pics of the Male Puppeteer and previously shown Female.
I really like these portraits. It's a shame we'll never see them.

Hopefully it gets localised, because I'd buy it on day 1 if so.

As an aside, how do you guys choose your character portraits? Do you try to match the portraits to the class or do you just pick whatever suits your fancy? Specific to SoSC, does character age and portrait apparent age matter to you?
Personally I try to match them as much as possible, which kind of leaves me out of min-maxing my characters but I'm fine with that. I can't bear having mis-matched profile and portraits for some reason, though I kind of cheated with elven characters by saying they age more slowly.

Parakeetman

As an aside, how do you guys choose your character portraits? Do you try to match the portraits to the class or do you just pick whatever suits your fancy? Specific to SoSC, does character age and portrait apparent age matter to you?
Personally I try to match them as much as possible, which kind of leaves me out of min-maxing my characters but I'm fine with that. I can't bear having mis-matched profile and portraits for some reason, though I kind of cheated with elven characters by saying they age more slowly.

Doesnt really matter, unless I plan on doing a specific themed run. Which I rarely do as not enough time for things like that these days. But for visual recognition purposes matching to some extent does help.

For a proper date on DG 2 would have to wait and see if Kadokawa will announce it on the 14th at their event. Id imagine so considering only a couple more months out till the fall anyways. No other source is going to release the date before Kadokawa does unless specified by them. Which generally is how Japan is when it comes to games and release dates.

Dorarnae

I try to make them match. but I always go with 1 dude with 5 girls. hehe.

Parakeetman

DG2 scans are out.
Do they have two different artists? The demon version of the demons has a different art style.

The original Demon Gaze also had different artists with both Oxijiyen and Kurosawa Tetsu working on it. I think the monster designs were different too.

Judging from that monster design the monster designer must be the same. I forgot their name though. That particular artist also does work for card games and such.

The gem board looks the same for the most part cept for a few spaces.

The House and Brass Knuckles (Fist Weapons) for starters.

House = Furniture is what the desc says in the pic.

They got rid of Special Weapons and the Random Drop gems. Forgot what it was called the square one upper left.

Parakeetman

It'd be nice if the furniture visually changed your room. Did they say anything about it?

Not sure actually would have to find an issue of famitsu to see what they wrote.

I dont think they did an EXP channel for a while now. The last one they did was about the XBO SOSC and the results of the user feedback for Shinsyaku (new interpretation) and that was a while ago. Last year I think?

Hmm yeah on the famitsu HP where those images came from nothing useful written there. So guess they want folks to buy the magazine lol

One thing Im honestly hoping for is a bit more interesting classes to choose from. Or at least better skills for said classes.

While I dont have my hopes totally up, would be nice if we get a real trailer at that Kadokawa briefing next week. Since they are supposed to announce the "details" about the release date there, is what they had said during the 10th anniversary event back in May. Since the general timeline is fall right now would imagine Sept or October. Though Sept will be a bit rough since P5 comes out on the 15th. Also at the end of August EOV comes out too, which a lot of folks would be buying. Will be interesting to see how Kadokawa planned things out once we have the actual official date. October has that IF DRPG Mary Skelter and SAO: Hollow Realization.

Prelude.

You didn't check the scans? It's only 4 pages but there's not a lot of text. It looks like an introduction to the plot, main characters and the demons.

Parakeetman

You didn't check the scans? It's only 4 pages but there's not a lot of text. It looks like an introduction to the plot, main characters and the demons.

Did a quick google search came up empty. So didnt bother to look deeper than that.

hotsoup

Some new info about the new classes from the website. I only played the JP version of SoSC so some translations might be off.

Clocker - seems to have highest evasion and accuracy among all classes
- Clockup skill - selected unit acts one more time in that round
- Fast item - uses 2 items from stock at start of round
- Clockdown skill - selected enemy acts last in that round

Puppetmaster? - Hypnotise enemies and control them to some extent
- can control enemies and make them attack each other
- can move 1 line of enemies to the front at start of next round
- can make 1 enemy unable to use skills/magic for 1 round

Also new group of feats to pick from at character generation, these are in addition to the current ones so 2 groups of feats to pick from. New feats (might have more later) are
Katana soul
Tri-step
Vanguard stance
Trained defense
Trained evasion
Dual wield

Parakeetman

The puppeteer should be fairly useful for pushing more irritating melee classes into the rear rows allowing ranged / casters to get free hits on it.

Ephidel

Looks like they updated the Shinsyaku website
http://black.ihoujin.jp
Huh, there's a question mark on the party page with the magic users. Does that mean there's another new class they're going to announce?
Some new info about the new classes from the website. I only played the JP version of SoSC so some translations might be off.

Clocker - seems to have highest evasion and accuracy among all classes
- Clockup skill - selected unit acts one more time in that round
- Fast item - uses 2 items from stock at start of round
- Clockdown skill - selected enemy acts last in that round

Puppetmaster? - Hypnotise enemies and control them to some extent
- can control enemies and make them attack each other
- can move 1 line of enemies to the front at start of next round
- can make 1 enemy unable to use skills/magic for 1 round
The puppeteer is definitely looking interesting >:)
Also new group of feats to pick from at character generation, these are in addition to the current ones so 2 groups of feats to pick from. New feats (might have more later) are
Katana soul
Tri-step
Vanguard stance
Trained defense
Trained evasion
Dual wield
The text for the new feats is
初めからスキルを1つ習得することができる(習得しないことも可能)。
So I think they just grant access to a class skill by default (without the need for class changing).

Kendo Experience gives access to Katana Soul (Samurai Lv1)
Sense of Rhythm gives access to Tri-Step (Dancer Lv3)
Protector* gives access to Vanguard Stance (Knight Lv3)
Stalwartness* gives access to Trained Defense (Knight Lv1)
Spatial Awareness* gives access to Evade Training (Ninja Lv1)
Born Ambidextrous gives access to Dual Wielding (Samurai Lv1)

*I know that's not quite how those read but it's close enough ¬_¬

Parakeetman

Huh, there's a question mark on the party page with the magic users. Does that mean there's another new class they're going to announce?

The puppeteer is definitely looking interesting >:)

The text for the new feats is

So I think they just grant access to a class skill by default (without the need for class changing).

Kendo Experience gives access to Katana Soul (Samurai Lv1)
Sense of Rhythm gives access to Tri-Step (Dancer Lv3)
Protector* gives access to Vanguard Stance (Knight Lv3)
Stalwartness* gives access to Trained Defense (Knight Lv1)
Spatial Awareness* gives access to Evade Training (Ninja Lv1)
Born Ambidextrous gives access to Dual Wielding (Samurai Lv1)

*I know that's not quite how those read but it's close enough ¬_¬

There apparently seems to be a third class but dont think they announced it yet. I remember they mentioned something about it in a live stream but no idea what it is. I reckon they would announce it soon considering this comes out next month already.

Dorarnae

puppeteer looks interesting. not too sure about clocker, the way I see them is they can give another turn to cleric or wizard to buff faster and then they can attack when it's done.
it's like having a second wizard or cleric without having to sub to one and then have a more dps char.

Parakeetman

puppeteer looks interesting. not too sure about clocker, the way I see them is they can give another turn to cleric or wizard to buff faster and then they can attack when it's done.
it's like having a second wizard or cleric without having to sub to one and then have a more dps char.

I could imagine the clocker being pretty broken esp if you have multiple in the party lol.

Prelude.

With Root Letter and God Wars having a worldwide release in 2016 I guess it's possible that they might announce a localization. Or maybe not since it's (likely) NISA.

Parakeetman

I mean Kadokawa's event is the same day as Sony's E3 conference. So...maybe? Hopefully?

D:

Would have to just wait and see considering that you would think if they wanted to do a WW announcement for DG2 they would have already with the other 2 titles. Its not like NISA doesnt know how well the first DG sold in the West too.

One thing for sure is the Vita is not exactly a healthy platform to hang onto at this point with how it keeps getting pushed further out of retail sector. Thankfully for NISA they have their own storefront which the majority of their consumers know exists and orders through. Still regardless of that am sure they know from the overall situation of the platform dragging out release dates is not going to work towards their advantage and would want to get it out as soon as possible pending their own budget / schedule. And more importantly what Kadokawa would allow.

Looks like they put a lot of effort into the new Shinsyaku trailer. You can sort of "see" the third class in there too. Though they seem to be dressed like totally normal people.

Added a bunch of new features to the game according to the trailer.

• Using items as bait to trigger encounters. Encounter chance changes depending on item(s) set it seems
  • New items added to the game
  • Limitation on number of rare items removed
  • Normal enemy battles a chance to have treasure chests with them
  • 3 new class sort of shown, but still no details on what it is
  • New dungeon
  • New events in dungeons
  • (IF YOU DID NOT BEAT THE GAME YET DO NOT READ THE SPOILER) New soul saving event which is related to
    Kyo & Anna mainly it seems
    according to what was said during the 10th anniversary event
  • Restriction on number of times you can class change has been removed
  • Item that can increase the skill slots added
  • Items that can increase stats / exp
  • Equipment strengthening
  • In addition to the new traits, newly included "background" selection for the character. No idea what it exactly does yet.
  • New Skills
  • Encounter rate / Static enemy icon revival conditions adjusted
  • Lineage Species respawn locations adjusted
  • Ambush morale cost adjusted
  • Revive / LP recovery time adjusted
  • Auto-move system adjusted
  • Multiple battle points added (multiple battles in a row)

Dorarnae

Looks like they put a lot of effort into the new Shinsyaku trailer. You can sort of "see" the third class in there too. Though they seem to be dressed like totally normal people.

yeah it's a nice trailer. I was a bit afraid with the amount of content they were adding but looks like they're adding quite a bit. should be interesting to play it for a 5th time lol.
we see him roll a 19 and 20+ with a 2lp characters, this is maybe the part that I am not sure.

Ephidel

The girl and her tamagotchi make me tempted to say summoner, especially considering they've used those before, but the guy only seems to have headphones :|

Parakeetman

The girl and her tamagotchi make me tempted to say summoner, especially considering they've used those before, but the guy only seems to have headphones :|

Since it seems they are dressed totally normal wonder if its going to be some sort of joke class. Such as the ever popular "summoned into another world" setting where the MC is some scrub lol.

If so am going to make a whole party of that class. Reminds me of my farmer party in EO3 good times.

I guess they went with the tamagochi thing to fit with the setting, since Anna still has her old ass 90s mobile phone. Which gives a general idea of the potential time setting of the game itself visually.

Dorarnae

One thing I thought about lately and maybe I'd like if they could do that someday(or do something with it), is to change that double/triple item usage skill.
I never been a huge fan of that skill in all their game.
But I thought if they could change it to something like final fantasy 5 I think? were you mix items and it gives various effect. I would remove some items like those that gives veil and other powerful skill and make them available only with mixing maybe.

Parakeetman

One thing I thought about lately and maybe I'd like if they could do that someday(or do something with it), is to change that double/triple item usage skill.
I never been a huge fan of that skill in all their game.
But I thought if they could change it to something like final fantasy 5 I think? were you mix items and it gives various effect. I would remove some items like those that gives veil and other powerful skill and make them available only with mixing maybe.

Too much of a pain in the ass to code like that I reckon. Since Exp Inc in general does not seem to be into doing things overly complex. Unless they made a specific class based on just that alone. But would require a bunch of other features and balancing to make it work. Though at the same time you do have a point if they did something as simple as combining X number of low ranking items to make a higher ranking effect. Potion 1 + Potion 1 = Potion 2. They really should try something though as most of the times all these items do is take up space in our vault lol

Im more not a fan of the whole concentrate before using a skill feature. That and in general how they still have not moved onto getting actual synergy between classes in the game. Buffs / Debuffs dont really count.

At least this update seems that they have moved in a forward direction though.

One hilarious thing the fans apparently said was they are sick of the general extent of buffs and debuffs for the most part just being a hit / evade game lol. Which is fairly accurate as that is one thing which has not changed in a long ass time now.

Back to the items, I think its more that they have too many useless for the most part items. Esp the attack ones. Though the multiple use is useful for when you either the cleric is doing something else or you just do not want to waste MP in battle so you burn through like multi-heal items and have it used multiple times in one turn for better effect.

Dorarnae

Too much of a pain in the ass to code like that I reckon. Since Exp Inc in general does not seem to be into doing things overly complex. Unless they made a specific class based on just that alone. But would require a bunch of other features and balancing to make it work. Though at the same time you do have a point if they did something as simple as combining X number of low ranking items to make a higher ranking effect. Potion 1 + Potion 1 = Potion 2. They really should try something though as most of the times all these items do is take up space in our vault lol

Im more not a fan of the whole concentrate before using a skill feature. That and in general how they still have not moved onto getting actual synergy between classes in the game. Buffs / Debuffs dont really count.

At least this update seems that they have moved in a forward direction though.

One hilarious thing the fans apparently said was they are sick of the general extent of buffs and debuffs for the most part just being a hit / evade game lol. Which is fairly accurate as that is one thing which has not changed in a long ass time now.

Back to the items, I think its more that they have too many useless for the most part items. Esp the attack ones. Though the multiple use is useful for when you either the cleric is doing something else or you just do not want to waste MP in battle so you burn through like multi-heal items and have it used multiple times in one turn for better effect.

yeah I agree with hit/evasion thing. it's even more important in this game.
dunno if demon gaze 2 changes it a little, one of the screen had a bunch of buff icons or something.

Parakeetman

yeah I agree with hit/evasion thing. it's even more important in this game.
dunno if demon gaze 2 changes it a little, one of the screen had a bunch of buff icons or something.

Im guessing its a design similar to stranger where it shows what buffs are active.

CrovaxPSO

Some really nice info about the updated SoSC. Didn't know there was going to be more than the two new classes so that's a nice surprise. The other changes all look to be for the better as well, even though none of those things were really a problem in the first place. Looking forward to the new dungeons most of all I think.

I wonder if there will be more new portraits for the new classes besides the ones already shown.

Parakeetman

Some really nice info about the updated SoSC. Didn't know there was going to be more than the two new classes so that's a nice surprise. The other changes all look to be for the better as well, even though none of those things were really a problem in the first place. Looking forward to the new dungeons most of all I think.

I wonder if there will be more new portraits for the new classes besides the ones already shown.

Yeah same, would be nice to have some new portraits. I dont think they mentioned if this version will include all of the previously released portraits for the JP version of Ihoujin. As the Lost Chronicle? special portraits that were in the JP ver were nice. Was sad when I found out that they were not in SOSC. So no Migmy samurai for me lol

dkoy

Some pretty big changes. I thought it was simply going to be new classes and dungeons but now it's shaping up to be an actual different version of the game.

Parakeetman

Some pretty big changes. I thought it was simply going to be new classes and dungeons but now it's shaping up to be an actual different version of the game.

Seeing all of this pretty much explains why its not something that can be simply updated. Since this is indeed a good amount of changes.

Top Bottom