• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willectro

Banned
My name is Will. When I first signed up for a hotmail account when I was in grade 3 or 4 I wasn't very original. I wanted will @ hotmail. com, but instead it suggest will52. So I took it. Most forums/accounts I've signed up for, this has been available. It's no longer my primary email account though.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
My names a reference to Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Near the end of one of the games the Siesta's fail to target and kill Battler citing "Endless Nine" resistance to magic as the reason. :lol
I should re-read that from the beginning while I await the next game to be translated.

In 2003, when I was 12 years old, I signed up on the Cheatingdome Fourms. However, I needed a username. I tried using names such as Ultima Zero (I was 12.) but they couldn't be used. It just so happened that I was watching an episode of the Disney show, Recess, while I was signing up. The main characters in the show were playing kickball, and their team was called the Vipersharks. I liked the name, so I stuck with it. Thus, Vipershark was born.

Long story short, I'm too lazy to get a new username so I stuck with Vipershark all these years. The only time I use a different name is if Vipershark is already taken for some reason.

I like

180px-
s

and I am a BlackBerry Technical Support rep

KGKK

Banned
I use mine for just about everything, PSN, facebook, you name it. A lot of people tend to associate it with the "KKK" however they are just my initials. Actually my initials are K.K.K.G. but I chose to flip it around for obvious reasons:lol

botkiller

Back when I was a total dork in high school, I spammed a chat room bot and made it leave the room, then changed my screen name to this. I thought it rolled nicely off the tongue and was unique enough that I wouldn't be mistaken for anyone else, so I kept it. I've been using for online stuff ever since.

Oh, and it shortens to one syllable, which I feel is important for gamertags and such.

MIMIC

Banned
I used to do very bad things on the Gamepro.com forums back when I was immature :lol (I was new to the Internets in 2000). I would log into people's accounts (even admins) and post under their names. VERY innocuous posts, though. It was mainly just to see if I could do it....and I continued to.

And MIMIC was born.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Los Missbreedz is the name of my band
SiddX is what I use as a shortened version of Siddartha, which is my stage name and also my "second" name I was given when I was born in India.

It was only after I signed up that I realized it reads like Miss. Breeds iddx which is why I kept getting mistaken for a girl at first on gaf...oh well, not a big deal.

Einbroch

Banned
Ragnarok Online.

It's the name of the mining city in Ragnarok Online, and Einbroch Fields are home to one of the best places to level up in the entire game for the Taekwon class.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Megadragon15 said:
Mega=big(fat)
drag on=drag on any useless point
15=the day that the Ides of March falls on

Not for nothing, but absolutely no one except those in this thread will realize that you don't mean "dragon."

tacotime77

Neo Member
I was on a trip in Montana and there was a restaurant called Taco Time. I told my friend who was with me that it was to be my new screen name. 77 is the number of my favorite hockey player, Raymond Bourque. The two went together since tacotime was always taken.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Years ago, I intended to use tecumseh as my username on xbox live. Because it obviously contained the phrase "cum", regardless of the context, it wouldn't allow me to do so. Hence the "k", which was necessary in order to make a variant on tecumseh which I could use.

Since I am, at best, a drug addled simpleton, I couldn't be bothered to try and remember some other name when I signed up here...or when choosing a Playstation ID...

The Boss

Neo Member
Its a joke between friends.

Ephemeris and I have been friends for a long while. He loves the Metal Gear Series. Just happens to be that my name is Joy. In Metal Gear 3 The Boss is also known as The Joy.

He never told me, happened to find out myself... never played MG3 and any others just MG4. Happen to read up about her on wikipedia looking for examples of tough women in video games.

Ever since we have been fighting over who the real BOSS IS O_O. Therefore...I AM OFFICALLY THE BOSS MWUAHAHHAHAH I WIN BABY EAT IT EPHEMERIS O_O LOL XD

Ephemeris

The Boss said:
Its a joke between friends.

Ephemeris and I have been friends for a long while. He loves the Metal Gear Series. Just happens to be that my name is Joy. In Metal Gear 3 The Boss is also known as The Joy.

He never told me, happened to find out myself... never played MG3 and any others just MG4. Happen to read up about her on wikipedia looking for examples of tough women in video games.

Ever since we have been fighting over who the real BOSS IS O_O. Therefore...I AM OFFICALLY THE BOSS MWUAHAHHAHAH I WIN BABY EAT IT EPHEMERIS O_O LOL XD

You're out of your god damned mind, woman.

- Big Boss.

Brera

Banned
I'm a big Alfa Romeo fan and I'm named after their Brera Coupe. It looks great but isn't the best car around.

Basically Supercar looks with a normal car price tag and performance.

I made a shit load of users but none of them were approved even though it was my broadband company email. So all of my normal usernames I could not use anymore, I normally go with Calculating Infinity but then I then I was listening to this song and thought the title was pretty nice.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I always figured your username didn't really need an explanation until we've actually heard of you. I dunno, maybe I'm oldschool, but "lol they'll never get the reference!" after about 80 posts isn't exactly high brow entertainment.

Not sure if i've already explained in this thread, but it's the most powerful card (or was about 15 years ago) in the MtG universe. I just replaced black with an animal of the same color. Alternates might include Jet Lotus, Raven Lotus, etc.

Londa

Banned
I use "Londa" as my username on gaf because I use it for any game that requires you to imput a name in for the character. I also use "Londa" for my email account.

First time I ever used "Londa" was for Legend of Zelda: OOT.
Londa can be used for either a boy or girl. At least in my head.

Simple, as this was my Jedi's name in SW: KotoR.

Auron = Final Fantasy X
Kale = Inspired by the name of one of the four Dark Warlords on Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers in the English dub, as well as the vegetable (as I was watching Food Network when I was thinking of a name for my character).

For GAF though, I just put an underscore between the 'name'.

Hyunkel6

I was in a rush to get to class and was in the middle of creating a gaf account. For some reason, my favorite character from the the manga "Fly" popped into my mind, but oh surprise, it was taken. My friends were pressuring me to get to class, and I stuck the number 6 at the end at random. I have been regretting it ever since.

Got the name when I use to box for the "Boys & Girls" Club in NYC back in the mid 90's. My coach always said I had a really good left hook, and people always get hit by it when I throw the hook, is like they never see it coming. My coach said"No one see's that punch, is like his glove is cover with that stealth shit from Predator" After that, a bunch of random names were being thrown around, but eventually ShinobiFist was the one that stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom