• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever thought your username was original, than found out it wasn't?

I just did.

I came up with my current username (first for Xbox, then I reused it when I signed up here in 2014ish), thinking it was a math joke (since I suck at math. There IS NO sum of zero.).

I just discovered this rave dance music with the same name, and it predates me coming up with my name. And it actually jams.

Last edited:
when making a username i always do a search online for it and see what comes up. i like to pick something that isn't unique so that it throws up a lot of results which makes it a bit more difficult for people to search for me. so no i guess i don't like original usernames.

i share my full real name with a famous person so if people search for me then they get a thousand results about that person. even my nickname is shared with a famous person so that won't work either. i picked nightmare-slain because i love bloodborne but if you search for it then it will of course bring up loads of bloodborne stuff! the only place i use this name is on here so you could do "nightmare slain neogaf" but you'd need be a user here to know that i'm here so it kinda cancels itself out.

years ago i had a bad case of someone stalking me online so it comes from that. i've relaxed a bit the last few years so i'm a bit more open online but i still be careful of what people can find about me. this forum is the only place i post online outside a couple other non gaming forums and i don't post as much on them as i do here. maybe a couple posts a week.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
It's original but not my IP. Few Gaffers actually live up to having a character IP as their user than bender bender or MasterCornholio MasterCornholio

Here's trivia about it though. Some banned members disliked my user so much, they created an animated GIF on it. In that case, I suppose they were unaware it's not original...and then inadventenly made it original.

Cohetedor

Mines a nickname given me 30 years ago in Spanish class in high school, a bad mashup for the Spanish word for rocket and matador, it's a made up word so no chance of being duplicated.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Mines a nickname given me 30 years ago in Spanish class in high school, a bad mashup for the Spanish word for rocket and matador, it's a made up word so no chance of being duplicated.
I live in a Spanish speaking country now. I'll second that's original. Reads like 'firework' but adding 'dor' to the end makes me think of a supervillian made from explosives.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The real name of a cheeky bastard who specializes in disguises, partakes in cigar tokage with The Boss, sweet talks the ladies all while looking like a debonaire chad whilst doing so.
Let us not forget he is wanted by the united states government, is for hire and if you cannot find help, and if you can contact them, hire The Fucking A-Team.

GymWolf

Mine was modified by a supermod in another forum, it's an aberration so like my last name is kinda unique.

(My grandfather misspelled his own last name when he registered my father in the registry office so we have an already pretty rare last name with a wrong letter in the middle).

Imagine picking black and putting an i instead of the a, how many senior blick do you know?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Well there must've been a reason all ancient sites around our crater earth were build on the foundation of astrology.

But regarding the interpretations I'm merely not versed enough.

So yeah i was beaten 😅

Thanks a lot The Cockatrice The Cockatrice

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Last edited:
With the frustration of trying to pick a name on XboxLive or PSN that wasn’t taken I’ll assume I’ve never had the pleasure of having a name all to myself and it’s a dream that I will never live to see..

giphy.gif

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Been using made-up fantasy character names in the Soulsborne games for years, and GrildonTundy is the one I used for Demons Souls remake right around when my GAF account got approved.

Here are a few made up just now:

Trimbulo Muldstein
Ricardio Pfeisen
Briffen Nute
Tort Wellen
Etsetter Rah

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I am a fan of Serial Experiments Lain, Lain name was taken so I used Navii (Navi was taken too) from the computer/smart phone she uses. Then James Cameron comes up with "na'vi" for Avatar species.

Last edited:
Top Bottom