• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

Azzawon

I liked it. It's pretty fun with a wheel. Sorry not everything has to be super serious sim all the time. I want my iRacing next to my Burnout please.

Don't get me wrong, I love my arcade racing games. Burnout 3 is one of my all-time favourite games, but DiRT Showdown was just an extremely poor and barebones way to capitalise on their partnership with Ken Block.

OT: Just had a look at the Steam user reviews for F1 2015 and it's 5300th out of 5625 games on the store when sorted by rating. I really hope this opens their eyes and makes them realise that something needs to change urgently.

Azzawon

Posted by LiteralZero in the Codies Forums, these are the PS4 patch notes.
Hello everyone

This morning we published a patch for the PlayStation 4 version of F1 2015. This patch contains a number of bug fixes and improvements to the game and we have listed some of the key changes below;

• Fixed an issue where voice chat does not always work in online lobbies or active gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where completing several races in a row, players will desync from each other
  • Fix for an issue where backing out from a lobby in which you were a Client and Hosting a new Lobby will result in you not having Host Options for your new Lobby
  • Fixed an issue where fuel info resets every time you cross the start/finish line
  • Fixed an issue where if the player makes an illegal overtake, they will not receive penalties for corner cutting
  • Fix for an issue when a Host leaves a custom lobby, the new Host does not get host options
  • Fixed an issue if the player returns to the garage during a Practice or Qualifying session, any penalties or warnings that are gained by the player during that session are wiped
  • Fixed an issue where Multiplayer assists don't display the currently-active assists
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when backing out of Time Trial replay on tracks where you have a lap time set
  • Fixed an issue when the game crashes after selecting restart on the results screen if the player has set a lap time
  • Fixed an issue where a players total race time is incorrect if they are demoted from 1st place after gaining a 2 second time penalty and finishing within 2 seconds of the cars behind
  • Fix for an issue where changing teams in hopper lobby resets player points to zero
  • Fixed an issue where the Manor Marussia team always use dry tires in wet sessions
  • Fixed an issue where hopper lobby information will not show for players that have joined into the lobby via the friends list.
  • Fix for an issue where assists are not saved and will be set back to default settings after leaving an online session.
  • Fixed an issue where ghosting is inconsistent between players, resulting in collisions with ghosted vehicles
  • Fixed an issue with a discrepancy between AI qualifying and race times
  • Fixed an issue where no on screen message appears to inform players that DRS has been enabled or disabled in any session
  • Fixed an issue if a player switches between multiple teams in a team menu select they will replace AI in the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue for players using the Thrustmaster T500RS - A large amount of force feedback as soon as the player has been given control after a rolling start
  • Fixed an issue where the 2 minute buffer at the end of a qualifying session does not end when all players cross the line and the players must wait for the time to expire before continuing
  • Fix for an issue where the 'Fastest Lap' message does not appear on screen for the one who set it in an online race
  • Fixed an issue where spectating cars in an online race shows them juddering back and forth on the track.
  • This update also contains a number of stability and performance fixes.
We know that this will not fix every bug that players may experience in the game and we are working hard to fix these issues as fast as possible.

For Xbox One players, we are working very hard to get a patch out as quickly as possible and will update with specific patch notes when that patch goes live.

We will continue to work to fix issues and errors that plays may experience in the game and would like to once again thank you for your patience while we work through this. I’d also like to thank the countless members of our forums and followers on our social channels that have been reporting bugs and issues to us since the launch of F1 2015.

Seems that there's still no fix for McLaren Hondas and Manor Marussias being faster than you in a straight line when driving the works Mercedes. No fix for the quiet race engineer yet either.

Putty

Seems that there's still no fix for McLaren Hondas and Manor Marussias being faster than you in a straight line when driving the works Mercedes. No fix for the quiet race engineer yet either.

Hopefully most of that alleviates multi player user frustrations. Hopegully the next patch fixes some of the single player issues.

Moozo

Patch also contains car information panel - the patch notes on the console itself is different to that above.

Kazdane

At this stage I'm quite happy with the game, if just because of one fact:
It's the first game in the whole Codemasters series that I can actually play with all assists off and still feel I'm in control of the car (although I've had to up the linearity of throttle and brake to 100). The only other game where I manage to play without assists is Project CARS, so that's something...

I'm racing on Expert, and the AI seems to be rather inconsistent, though. On Malaysia, I was ahead of Rosberg by 0.7s in FP, finished 3rd on quali when Vettel posted a -0.8s faster lap than mine with, literally, 1 second left on the clock, and I still finished 11s ahead of them by the end of the race.

Then, on to China, and I'm beating comfortably all cars by 2 secs (Rosberg included) in FP and Quali, but now in the Race they're matching my times...

sam777

I am enjoying single player so far. Doing half distance against Legend AI.
I have completed 2 races so far with Ricciardo. Finishing 6th and 15th. I like the way how you can feel the tyres start to go "off". The aggressive AI is also very good although sometimes they can be too aggressive but overall so far I am enjoying the game.

At this stage I'm quite happy with the game, if just because of one fact:
It's the first game in the whole Codemasters series that I can actually play with all assists off and still feel I'm in control of the car (although I've had to up the linearity of throttle and brake to 100). The only other game where I manage to play without assists is Project CARS, so that's something...

I'm racing on Expert, and the AI seems to be rather inconsistent, though. On Malaysia, I was ahead of Rosberg by 0.7s in FP, finished 3rd on quali when Vettel posted a -0.8s faster lap than mine with, literally, 1 second left on the clock, and I still finished 11s ahead of them by the end of the race.

Then, on to China, and I'm beating comfortably all cars by 2 secs (Rosberg included) in FP and Quali, but now in the Race they're matching my times...

I'm the same re lap times. I'm easily beating them by 1-2s in qualy on expert but in the race they're right there with me.

They really need to look into the puncture thing though, once the tyres have dropped off, I'm still a lap or 2 away from my pit window and I get a puncture which destroys any lead I've made up plus I'm having to pit earlier which means I need to be more conservative on the next set to make them last longer otherwise I'd be losing too much time at the end of the race.

I had 3 punctures in Austria and managed to claw back 2nd after moving down to 6th with only 3 laps to go. (I was leading the race until I got the punctures and had I fight my way through 3 times)

Then in silverstone I picked up 2 punctures which is a disaster there as a pit costs like +30s.

Kazdane

I'm the same re lap times. I'm easily beating them by 1-2s in qualy on expert but in the race they're right there with me.

They really need to look into the puncture thing though, once the tyres have dropped off, I'm still a lap or 2 away from my pit window and I get a puncture which destroys any lead I've made up plus I'm having to pit earlier which means I need to be more conservative on the next set to make them last longer otherwise I'd be losing too much time at the end of the race.

I had 3 punctures in Austria and managed to claw back 2nd after moving down to 6th with only 3 laps to go. (I was leading the race until I got the punctures and had I fight my way through 3 times)

Then in silverstone I picked up 2 punctures which is a disaster there as a pit costs like +30s.

Are you playing with assists off? Someone mentioned it in the thread recently, the tires last much longer and it does seem to be the case. I was really close to destroying my tires before removing the assists, and now I'm pitting while they're still in the orange range of tire wear.

sam777

I just encountered the pit stop bug in China, I was half way through the race as well and was on course for a few points. I cba doing it all again, so I will retire from the race.

Putty

Ah, another with puncture problems.

Post patch online session with good faith. Mistake on my part. Still an absolute shambles, my tally of points continously resetting after every 2 races, races end right at the start sometimes, I finish in one position and it then displays me finishing somewhere else, the list goes on.

The absolute worst online experience I've had for over a decade. Get this license away from this lot and let's just start afresh. Had enough,

Fox Mulder

The absolute worst online experience I've had for over a decade. Get this license away from this lot and let's just start afresh. Had enough,

It's a shame there's big issues, but I also see the best AI they've had so far in videos I've watched. Lots of fantastic battles going on. I'm a single player guy and put 100 plus hours in career modes in prior games, so I love this over an online mode.

I don't want to see them lose it after a promising foundation this is, plus who knows what company out there is able to pay the license and do a better job. The grass is always greener. Look at how far the Nascar license has fallen since the Sierra and even EA days.

kie25

What setup are you using as I'm using torro Rosso in my career against legend AI qualified 5th and finished race 4th doing full 100% race on 1st race. had no issues down the straight in practice breezed past mclaren. It sounds like your setup is wrong as when I've been merc it's much faster than all cars. What I will say is don't use rich fuel as it overheats your engine after 30seconds basically makes your car stupidly slow, I just leave it on standard at all times.

My impression was this was due to penalties being applied.

Mine too at first. I've read that you end up basically racing an AI 'online' version of your opponents if the connection messes up but then the times are compared at the end and show the 'true position'? So I beat the AI version of someone, yet they actually did better and so end up ahead of me in the final results... Whatever the case, this is a whole load of steaming bullshit.

It's a shame there's big issues, but I also see the best AI they've had so far in videos I've watched. Lots of fantastic battles going on. I'm a single player guy and put 100 plus hours in career modes in prior games, so I love this over an online mode.

I don't want to see them lose it after a promising foundation this is, plus who knows what company out there is able to pay the license and do a better job. The grass is always greener. Look at how far the Nascar license has fallen since the Sierra and even EA days.

I can't say I'm a fan of the AI either. They clip me from behind and spin me out multiple times every race and that's no exageration.

sam777

I just won my first career race at Monaco in a Red Bull against Legend AI, I can't believe I managed to do that. Although the shitty game screwed me out of getting the achevements I should have got. But I am loving the single player aspect of this game.

Mine too at first. I've read that you end up basically racing an AI 'online' version of your opponents if the connection messes up but then the times are compared at the end and show the 'true position'? So I beat the AI version of someone, yet they actually did better and so end up ahead of me in the final results... Whatever the case, this is a whole load of steaming bullshit.
Can you point me to where this is being discussed?

I can't say I'm a fan of the AI either. They clip me from behind and spin me out multiple times every race and that's no exageration.
That has only happened to me when I've deviated from my line when a car is already slightly alongside. I've completed many clean races at this point, and being spun out is a very rare occurrence. If it's happening to you 'multiple times every race', I'd have to suggest you're doing something wrong...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Heres a fun one.

Remapping the controllers can improve speed on the straights. Could be related to pressure sensitivity.

Xbox One controller change accelerate from RT to A.

PlayStation 4 controller change accelerate from R2 to X.

Kazdane

The lapped AI in Monaco is just nightmarish. They'll only move aside to let you overtake them on the swimming pool (by actually clipping the wall in the racing line) and right in front of the braking point in St Devote...

Ryne

Heres a fun one.

Remapping the controllers can improve speed on the straights. Could be related to pressure sensitivity.

Xbox One controller change accelerate from RT to A.

PlayStation 4 controller change accelerate from R2 to X.

Codemasters finally figured out why people were slower on the straights than the AI, eh.

Interesting bug to have nonetheless.

Azzawon

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

It's a miracle, and it's finally happened.

The Xbox One patch is now available. No notes as of yet though...

Also, I don't know the reason behind it - but it appears that LiteralZero has left Codies. Looks like JustBigLee has taken the reins on the forums again.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh wow lol. Better have more fixes than the PS4 got. A two week gap is nuts.

The patch is 819mb. Anyone remember how large the PS4 patch was?

Edit: Nice to see the info panel now. Achievement F1 Super Hero is still glitched.

Azzawon

Achievement F1 Super Hero is still glitched.

God. Damn. It.

Edit: here's the XB1 patch notes:

JustBigLee said:
Hi all,

Sorry for the slight delay in getting the patch notes up for you but as many have you have noticed the patch is now live and should automatically download to your console. Here's the full notes from the team:

• Added OSD Game Swipe feature which shows in-race information about pit strategy, fuel status, car damage and car maintenance.
  • Fixed car getting stuck in second gear after pitting
  • Fixed grid penalties being applied twice
  • Fixed assists active in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed other cars’ engines being too loud
  • Fixed car models switching to incorrect model when driving slowly
  • Fixed AI not driving correctly with blue flags active
  • Fixed race strategy not updating when changing your starting tyre
  • Fixed race ending early when resuming from a mid-session save
  • Fixed car being reset to track when using flashback in the pit lane
  • Fixed wet reflections not working properly on some tracks
  • Added on-screen information showing who is in the session and who we’re still waiting for at the start of multiplayer sessions.
  • Fixed desyncs during multiplayer sessions after long or consecutive races
  • Fixed various hangs and crashes during multiplayer races
  • Fixed multiplayer sessions failing to advance past results screen in some situations
  • Fixed severe camera flickering when entering spectate mode after completing a multiplayer session
  • Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins the lobby
  • Fixed multiplayer assists not displaying or saving correctly
  • Fixed session information being incorrect when joining as a spectator
  • Fixed players seeing the ‘Fastest lap’ message appear multiple times on screen after joining a session in progress
  • Fixed player’s points resetting when changing teams in a multiplayer lobby
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements
The team are still working on the issues surrounding online and improving our back end services, we hope to have more info to share with you about that soon. As always thank you for your support and be sure to let us know how you feel about the changes made in the patch below.

Shaneus

God. Damn. It.

Edit: here's the XB1 patch notes:
Those are all things that should never have made it into the final game. Codemasters really need to skip a year and release a solid title. They're chasing their own tails otherwise (which they've been doing since 2010).

Fox Mulder

Those are all things that should never have made it into the final game. Codemasters really need to skip a year and release a solid title. They're chasing their own tails otherwise (which they've been doing since 2010).

Licensed sports games have yearly release requirements and shorter dev times.

It's barebones and has issues, but I can still actually have fun with it.

stewy

Potentially stupid question:

How do I get the PS4 game to recognize my Fanatec GT2 wheel? It's apparently supported, but I can't for the life of me get it to work.

Azzawon

New PS4 patch released today:
Hi all,

We just set live a new patch for F1 2015 on the PlayStation 4 and you should start to see it download in the next few hours.

• Fixed deadzone being incorrectly applied to steering wheels
  • Fixed steering wheel settings not saving correctly
  • Fixed incorrect detection of certain controllers and steering wheels
  • Fixed assists being active in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed inverted force feedback on the T100 steering wheels
  • Fixed OSD swipe being mapped to the DRS button on T500s
  • Fixed race weekend settings not being editable during Championship Season mode
  • Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed occasional camera flickering when entering spectate mode
  • Fixed Time Trial rivals not updating correctly when out on track
  • Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
  • Updated the hopper system to use an alternative search method where players will join an active session. Joining sessions should now be much quicker. If no free sessions are available in that hopper then the user will create a new session
  • Added a new “invite only” custom match option
  • Fixed some multiplayer races being “won” as soon as they start
  • Fixed spectators crashing at the end of online practice sessions
  • Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
  • Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
  • Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
  • Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
  • Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
  • Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
  • Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements across all game modes
Note: for non-European regions this patch also includes all fixes from the v1.02 patch that was released in Europe last month.

Please let us know below how you feel about the patch and the changes we've made below.

We'll have more info on patches for the other platforms soon.
Jesus Christ.

Potentially stupid question:

How do I get the PS4 game to recognize my Fanatec GT2 wheel? It's apparently supported, but I can't for the life of me get it to work.
As an XB1 user I can't really comment on this, you might be better off asking in the Codies F1 forums to see if anyone has any tips.
http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games

Fox Mulder

I've had a decent time online, just takes awhile to get in to anything.

They need to fix stacking the pit stops though. Ruins some great racing.

andshrew

They seem to have broken the commentary on the latest PS4 patch it keeps saying the wrong driver and team names during my championship after each session.

RanoNL

They seem to have broken the commentary on the latest PS4 patch it keeps saying the wrong driver and team names during my championship after each session.
I have the same. I'm mid season with Vettel. I got pole position and Mercedes are second and third. Commentators: "What a great performance by Red Bull. The Austrian team has both drivers at the front of the grid."

But I'm so glad I can finally customize the weekend. Medium practice, long qualifying and short race.

LordAmused

New patch on Steam this morning. No confirmation so far for consoles.

Lots of fixes.

Hi all,

We just set live a new patch for F1 2015 including the below fixes.

Fixed AI always pitting on the same lap as their team mate
Fixed some instances of cars getting stuck in the pit lane
Fixed infrequent crash in the pit lane
Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
Fixed instances of the pitting strategy not always updating correctly
Fixed fuel changes not saving correctly when changed under parc fermé conditions
Fixed various errors with the damage, fuel and temperature swipe
Fixed game stutter when the player takes control of an AI-driven car
Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
Fixed identical weather being used for all practice sessions in Pro Season mode
Fixed game resuming instantly when backing out of replay
Fixed flickering on track reflections in wet weather on high graphics settings
Fixed objects popping when playing with multi-monitor and wide screen setups
Added ability to adjust camera and field of view settings
Fixed McLaren 2015 car’s gear paddles glowing orange under braking
Added ability to delete car setups
Added a new “invite only” custom match option
Added push to talk functionality for voice comms
Improved session joining speed through the multiplayer hoppers.
Reconfigured hoppers to give one hopper per difficulty setting
Updated feature race to Belgian Grand Prix
Fixed players with invalidated lap times being shown as in 1st place during one shot qualifying sessions
Fixed grid order being incorrect after one-shot qualifying session if players had invalidated their lap times
Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
Fixed multiple incorrect fastest lap notifications being displayed during online practice sessions
Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times in lobbies
Added notifications for players retiring during a multiplayer session
Various other bug fixes and improvements

Please note that voice command support is still being developed, and is expected to be delivered in a later update.

As ever thank you for your feedback and support and let us know how you feel about this latest update,

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Yeah, it's super annoying. I hope they increase their patching frequency. (They won't).

Fox Mulder

Yeah, it's super annoying. I hope they increase their patching frequency. (They won't).

well they still have a mid season update to do right? They released earlier than before and were supposed to do updates, but the game is bugged and probably could have used the extra few months anyways.

The xbox is still waiting for patches that the ps4 and pc have had for weeks now.

I honestly hope that next year they release F1 2016 in stages, releasing a 'full' game like this is just making them look stupid with all these issues and updates, might be better if they stage the process like dirt rally because i'm really not feeling myself buying F1 ever again with these yearly attempts.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The Monaco AI in this game is so bad... This happens almost every time the auto pilot sends you on a flying lap.

ZAzh86d.gif

Hahahaha.

What piss me off the most about the game is, when a car is going to pass you on a strait using DRS, and for whatever reason 9/10 times they will clip your back and spin you out. Thanks goodness for the rewind feature..

TJP

The Monaco AI in this game is so bad... This happens almost every time the auto pilot sends you on a flying lap.
It's hard to believe this short of shit passed QA and even more difficult to believe Dirt Rally is coming from the same publisher (I know it's a different part of the CM team making Dirt Rally).

Oemenia

Banned
New to the series here but just need some beginners advice. Im playing F1 2013 on PS3, I much prefer the triggers on the 360 but what is better for acceleration/braking on the DS3, R1/L1 or R2/L2?

Right now just been having going round the tracks and learning them and getting used to the driving mechanics.

Shaneus

Wow. This game really died in the arse, didn't it?

New to the series here but just need some beginners advice. Im playing F1 2013 on PS3, I much prefer the triggers on the 360 but what is better for acceleration/braking on the DS3, R1/L1 or R2/L2?

Right now just been having going round the tracks and learning them and getting used to the driving mechanics.
For driving games in general, unless they're super arcadey it's always better to use L2/R2 to get better control of accel/brake, especially around corners.

chadskin

F1 2015 And Beyond

New patch for PC and consoles on the way (patch notes at the link above) and ...

F1 2016

Most of the team have now moved onto F1 2016 and are working on some new and exciting features, including a couple of must-haves which we know are important to you.

We are also looking to do something we’ve never done before, or, certainly not to this extent… We’re looking to get you guys really engaged and involved in helping to shape the game, and it’ll be really exciting to see how many of you would be interested in getting involved and offering your feedback. I can’t wait to get all of this in motion very soon, and you’ll be hearing more shortly. For now, to give you a high level idea of what to expect, we’re looking to perhaps run some internal game testing early in the New Year, get you to meet some of the team, discuss various aspects of game development and get your hands on the latest code for some early impressions & feedback. Quite when and for how long this process is going to run for has yet to be determined, but I hope that you are as excited about this as we are.

Beyond F1 2016, we’re also looking at ways in which we can get you more involved in the shaping of the series’ future from the very beginnings of the design phase too, before the features have to be locked down, so hopefully much more on this a bit further down the line… for now I just wanted to whet your appetite!

As i've said before they really need to approach 2016 the same way they are building dirt rally, release it in polished but small stages over time instead of everything in one squeezed up blast, I think it would really help keep people interested and playing compared to these rather annoying releases the last 3 years.

Good on them to do more testing though, but having a more fulid and smooth race is higher priority then a new must have modern feature that half works.

Top Bottom