• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So so sad. I had a race with him last night at Mexico which was really fun. I expected the worse after last week hearing what his father had to say. Rest in peace buddy.

I updated the OP to mark our respect and I've also done this ribbon for anyone who would like to use it on there avatar.

CEXfVw.png

Putty

So so sad. I had a race with him last night at Mexico which was really fun. I expected the worse after last week hearing what his father had to say. Rest in peace buddy.

I updated the OP to mark our respect and I've also done this ribbon for anyone who would like to use it on there avatar.

CEXfVw.png

Lovely touch.

Orbis

it essentially did though.
Indeed. I'm sure the robustness of today's helmets and the incredible work by medical teams are the only reason he wasn't clinically dead on the day. By all means, seeing the video, it should have been instantly fatal.

Such a terrible and sad incident and a reminder that despite advances in safety, we will never be immune from the possibility of fatal crashes in F1. It's often hard to put our minds in that place because this hadn't happened at a Grand Prix since 1994 and things have changed so much since.

RIP Jules.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's often hard to put our minds in that place because this hadn't happened at a Grand Prix since 1994 and things have changed so much since.

He had an ultimate freak accident that exploited the main safety venerability of these cars and happened under extraordinary conditions (truck, flags, rain, ...). Still, he is not the first one who's safety was jeopardized by open cockpits. Massa in 2009, Schumacher in Abu Dhabi 2010, Alonso in Spa 2012 (and maybe even in Austria a few weeks ago), Henry Surtees in Formula 2, ...

Moozo

This is by far the best Codemasters F1 game. The actual racing is so much improved and it's mainly down the the fact that the AI can attack, defend and keep realistic pace now.

Fox Mulder

This is by far the best Codemasters F1 game. The actual racing is so much improved and it's mainly down the the fact that the AI can attack, defend and keep realistic pace now.

Not best features wise, but I've seen plenty of great racing on youtube to get excited over.

Ryne

That weird 2nd gear out of the pits bug is destroying my engine. Lost a lot of power at Monza because of it.

Putty

Getting pissed off now. A.i drivers can go many more laps that me...a good 4 or 5 on a set of what ever tyres. Tire deg doesn't seem to affect them whatsoever.....I put on a set on inters coz I'm sliding all over in the wet, yet the A.I continues round at the same pace on options or primes, for a good 4 or 5 laps AFTER I've pitted with said inters. Pit crew putting options/primes on when pissing down, even after engineer has said "time for inters/wet". Tell them in advance and they'll change but Jesus.........these two issues are my only gripes...well and the lapping cars on occasion.....

Ryne

Getting pissed off now. A.i drivers can go many more laps that me...a good 4 or 5 on a set of what ever tyres. Tire deg doesn't seem to affect them whatsoever.....I put on a set on inters coz I'm sliding all over in the wet, yet the A.I continues round at the same pace on options or primes, for a good 4 or 5 laps AFTER I've pitted with said inters. Pit crew putting options/primes on when pissing down, even after engineer has said "time for inters/wet". Tell them in advance and they'll change but Jesus.........these two issues are my only gripes...well and the lapping cars on occasion.....

Playing with a pad? I find that tire wear affects me much more with a pad than with my wheel.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

One entry in the series – I forgot which, must have been 2010 or 2011 – had the bug (or missing feature...) that AI drivers indeed had no tyre degradation simulation at all. I hope that's not the case here.

Fox Mulder

Tire wear has been an issue people mention for years, but is fine as long as it isn't scripted. AI is just managing better than I imagine some are. A person is likely racing aggressively much of the race, or even using fast time trial setups in a race. The console versions of this game dont even display the tire temps like they should.

chuseph14

Neo Member

CEXfVw.png

RIP Bianchi. Thanks for the ribbon, I'll be adding it to my avatar

RanoNL

I found another annoyance yesterday. I'm in my first hot lap during practice. Other drivers that just left the pit lane are blocking the ideal line for me. I overtake them. But in the next corner they're fighting to take the position back. They even make contact with my car. While it's practice and their not in their hot laps.

I hope the online syncing gets sorted out soon, it's nearly so good then you finish the race and find out what was happening on your screen was bollocks.

Wut?

I can usually go 3-4 Laps longer than them.

Putty

One entry in the series – I forgot which, must have been 2010 or 2011 – had the bug (or missing feature...) that AI drivers indeed had no tyre degradation simulation at all. I hope that's not the case here.

To be honest that's sounds like and looks like whats happening here...

Mohonky

To be honest I havent had this problem. I usually just get a lol out of Merc double stacking Rosberg behind me. Cop that Brittany!

Putty

Also, getting a puncture 99.9999% of the time when tyre's are fucked is rather dumb. How many punctures have you seen in F1 from this "issue"?

Also, getting a puncture 99.9999% of the time when tyre's are fucked is rather dumb. How many punctures have you seen in F1 from this "issue"?

Have there been any punctures in the real thing this season? Off the top of my head I can't remember any... In recent seasons they've always been due to collisions not wear.

Ryne

Pad yes. Maybe some sort of balancing update could be added. Pad users get slightly less tire deg....

Using any assists? I know TC increases tyre wear, however I have also noticed that I can get more life out of my tyres if I use my G27. When I use my controller I get less life out of them.

MaxiLive

I haven't had any punctures and tyre deg issues. I can usually do 1-3 laps more than AI comfortably the the car gets very squirely and has massive understeer. This is on a wheel with no assists apart from medium traction control with the AI on Hard.

I think the cars are just very sensitive to how you drive them but the game doesn't explain or teach this at all. Try not to slide the car and over speed into corners that seems to really keep the tyre as well as the obvious drifting :p

I usual race fairly casually without pushing the car into every bend and often under brake myself. This is probably much harder to do with a controller though and remain competitive.

Putty

Using any assists? I know TC increases tyre wear, however I have also noticed that I can get more life out of my tyres if I use my G27. When I use my controller I get less life out of them.

I use TC but that doesn't alter the A.I not havng deg issues, or the constant punctures when low on wear. Real life it just doesn't happen. Driving just becomes slower with the lack of grip..

Ryne

Another PC patch up, just to fix some crashes.

I'm finished playing the game for a while until the first gameplay patch at least. The past 3 races I've been hit with the 2nd gear out of the pits bug, which just ruins the engine and can cause black flags. I think ti was mentioned here before.

RdN

Game is out in North America.

As mentioned everywhere, game is as bare bones as it gets.

Played some online multiplayer with a couple friends. Almost every race got out of sync at the beginning. Very frustrating.

Graphics wise, I think it's nice. 1080p and solid framerate on my PS4.

Let's hope Codemasters can do something about the syncing problem and other bugs that people have been reporting (I haven't encountered anything else so far).

andshrew

Game is modeled on Silverstone 2013? 😀 But in seriousness, do you regularly run on the limit of the circuit with two wheels over the white line or something? Can't say I've had a puncture due to tyre deg and I've run tyres a number of laps past being told to come in. I play with the pad, manual gears and medium tc.

sam777

What are the best audio options to hear the damn engineer, while at the same time not losing too much of the car sounds?

Thanks.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What are the best audio options to hear the damn engineer, while at the same time not losing too much of the car sounds?

Thanks.

I turned down engine sounds all the way and used headphones option. I can hear the engineer really well now.

sam777

I turned down engine sounds all the way and used headphones option. I can hear the engineer really well now.

On the Xbox so I guess, I can't do that. I might just have to turn it all the way down until they patch it or something.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm also on Xbox One. Try the headphone settings under audio options even if you are using a TV for sound. It seems to push the engineers voice through a bit clearer compared to the other settings.

Try these and see how you go. I'm using these with a surround sound and its better than using the Home Theatre or Stereo Speakers options.

qOFeYU.jpg

sam777

I'm also on Xbox One. Try the headphone settings under audio options even if you are using a TV for sound. It seems to push the engineers voice through a bit clearer compared to the other settings.

Try these and see how you go. I'm using these with a surround sound and its better than using the Home Theatre or Stereo Speakers options.

Thanks

Branson

I hope it is a mistake. DiRT Showdown was the first in a list of Codies games that nobody asked for or hardly anyone liked.
I liked it. It's pretty fun with a wheel. Sorry not everything has to be super serious sim all the time. I want my iRacing next to my Burnout please.

Top Bottom