• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

Azzawon

I'm on XB1 so if you want to get some achievements I'm down.

Sure! My GT is the same as my name on here, I'm usually available at around 7pm-11pm BST :)

Most accurate review I've seen for this game yet, I'd say it's essential viewing for anyone considering buying this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValdRn-8XvU

New update from LiteralZero on the Steam Community page:
Hello everyone.

Since the launch of F1 2015, we have become aware that some people are currently experiencing issues while playing the game. Please be assured that we are treating these issues very seriously and are constantly monitoring the forums and our social media pages for your feedback, please keep that information coming.

To help support us with this effort we request you provide clear and detailed descriptions of the issues you are seeing, along with hardware details (for PC users), to aid us in replicating and fixing the issues as quickly as possible.

Alongside this, we have just pushed a new patch to the PC version of the game which contains a number of fixes. We’re aware that this will not fix everyone’s problems and we are continually working to resolves these issues as fast as we can.
Notes for the PC patch are as follows;
Fixed crash caused when switching between game running in a window to running in full screen
Fixed crash going to track, or when driving on track when in 800x600 resolution with Ultra high detail preset
Fixed crash when reducing the resolution of the game
Fix for game timer running too fast during frame spikes
Fix for camera speeding up at start of broadcast sequences
Fix for tyre regulations not correctly working in short Championship weekends
For players on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, we know that many of you are also experiencing issues when playing the game and are working on patches for both consoles to go out as soon as we can.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and support. We will continue to work through the issues as a priority, and will update with more information as well as specific fixes as soon as they become available.

LilJoka

Omd race ruined!
Quali P6, pit for primes lap 7 and passed 2 cars with a fast in lap.

Starts raining lap 8...
Start to catch P1 and P2 by lap 10 it's slidey and I'm quicker than AI, now 2-3sec behind.

See them pitting so follow for inters

Come out with primes.
FFS! Check race director, yep P1 and P2 on inters.

sam777

Omd race ruined!
Quali P6, pit for primes lap 7 and passed 2 cars with a fast in lap.

Starts raining lap 8...
Start to catch P1 and P2 by lap 10 it's slidey and I'm quicker than AI, now 2-3sec behind.

See them pitting so follow for inters

Come out with primes.
FFS! Check race director, yep P1 and P2 on inters.

Do you have to select the tyres before you pit or do they do that stuff automatically?

Fox Mulder

Sure! My GT is the same as my name on here, I'm usually available at around 7pm-11pm BST :)

Most accurate review I've seen for this game yet, I'd say it's essential viewing for anyone considering buying this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValdRn-8XvU

They can hopefully patch glitches and add depth going forward. It's nice to build a new foundation with good handling and AI. I'm a single player racer, so I'm still going to get this for my f1 fix this year.

LilJoka

Do you have to select the tyres before you pit or do they do that stuff automatically?

Well the exact same scenario happened in the race before and it put me on inters without having to select it in the pit menu. So i expected it to work that out itself, rain -> inters... Not slicks lol.

Unless your engineer specifically says you will be getting inters/wets, I always choose them myself.

Edit: Now there looks like a confirmed bug where standard mix is actually fast mix, fast mix is actually lean, and lean is actually standard.

Oh is this why i seem to always run out of fuel?

Apparently lift + coast does nothing to save fuel either, nor does short shifting, the only way to save fuel is the fuel mixture. Super shallow depth to this game at times.

kharma45

Looking at the list of bugs and glitches in that thread it's a bit disappointing, they have an awful lot to fix

It's not surprising though. The game has been like this for years. The last one I bought was 2012, it was patched 11 times after launch and was still broken after that. More fool anyone who still buys CM's F1 games.

Ryne

Oh is this why i seem to always run out of fuel?

Apparently lift + coast does nothing to save fuel either, nor does short shifting, the only way to save fuel is the fuel mixture. Super shallow depth to this game at times.

Yup, so right now there doesn't appear to be a downside in using low revs. Your speed is still good, you save the tires, and you save fuel. Using fast mix does nothing but ruin the engine.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I haven't had any problems with fuel types. Rich gives me the fastest lap times compared to the other two.

Face-Off by Digital Foundry just gone up. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-f1-2015-face-off

Providing it's possible without the lobby resetting the points, I'm up for this if you're on the same platform! (XB1)

F1 2015 [OT] the game which keeps on giving.

If this somehow magically reached an OT 2 I'll go with something like that or
F1 2015 [OT] Developed by Glitchmasters Birmingham

LilJoka

Yeah my fuel mix is working ok, but still seem to be very tight on fuel even running a single lap with Rich mix, in running 15 lap races.

I haven't had any problems with fuel types. Rich gives me the fastest lap times compared to the other two.

Face-Off by Digital Foundry just gone up. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-f1-2015-face-off

If this somehow magically reached an OT 2 I'll go with something like that or
F1 2015 [OT] Developed by Glitchmasters Birmingham

"A deeper graphical comparison across all platforms throws up a few inconsistencies, such as some rather strange geometry errors on the Xbox One, where we find random buildings and other structures positioned higher up than they are on PS4 and PC"

I thought the ps4 had a building lower because the spectators along the top are floating, which way around is it? lol

Jamesways

Hmmm, I have this preordered for next week in NA. Maybe I'll hold off a bit and wait for the first patch at least.

Some of these bugs sound like it ruins SP races pretty good.

Last one I played was 2013. Loved the classic content, wish that was back.

Ha ha I'm first hamilton second, i had just lapped button in the penultimate lap and rain starts. I tip toe around my last lap button retakes me on the start finish straight to be back on same laps and wins the race!

Azzawon

Ha ha I'm first hamilton second, i had just lapped button in the penultimate lap and rain starts. I tip toe around my last lap button retakes me on the start finish straight to be back on same laps and wins the race!

So a McLaren Honda won a race?! God damn, this is getting serious now.

shaki123

Glitchmasters stealing money from their fans all over the place. And somehow, we keep accepting them robbing us. Think about it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wonder what the sale figures for last year were. It's quite a huge jump percentage wise but doesn't mean fuck all really. Last years debut week could have been 1,000 or 10,000 sold.

I wonder how many are getting refunded though. :lol

Azzawon

I wonder what the sale figures for last year were. It's quite a huge jump percentage wise but doesn't mean fuck all really. Last years debut week could have been 1,000 or 10,000 sold.

I think it's safe to say that F1 2014 bombed hard. Nobody wanted to play it on last gen consoles, whereas 2015 has released at a point where there's still a lack of racing games on current gen. I think a lot of racing fans will have jumped at this game because of that.

Probably explains why they've rushed to get F1 2015 out of the door so soon this year.

shaki123

This is only possible because of Next Gen. The PC sales have never been amazing nor worthy of a mention.

Last years sales were terrible because nobody on PS360, or PC for that matter, really cared.

_machine

This is only possible because of Next Gen. The PC sales have never been amazing nor worthy of a mention.

Last years sales were terrible because nobody on PS360, or PC for that matter, really cared.
No doubt, there are two really big factors at play here:

-last year was doomed for them since software sales for PS3/360 were dwindling so sales were bound to be small regardless of what the game was offering

-it's satisfying a need that has not been met properly for the new consoles and more importantly the new audience. The consumers are not fully the same as they were in PS3/360 era so it's essentially offering something they might not have experience and for those coming back it's the first title for this generation that satisfies the "real F1" experience that neither F5 or pCARS has offered properly.

I'm not really surprised by the sales; it's offering something that hasn't been available so whilst average reception and small marketing push will have an effect, it's not as pronounced for the aforementioned reasons.

F1 2014 sold something in the 8k - 14k range at launch, Codemasters have continually been dropping bombs since F1 2011.

They need to give up the license and move onto something else before The Demon Headmaster claims another scalp.

Azzawon

F1 2014 sold something in the 8k - 14k range at launch, Codemasters have continually been dropping bombs since F1 2011.

They need to give up the license and move onto something else before The Demon Headmaster claims another scalp.

By my calculations that means F1 2015 could have sold anywhere between 30k and 50k over the course of Friday, Saturday and Sunday then (if that's how the chart works?). That's not bad to be fair.

Putty

The tires thing bugs me a bit, having to pit one more time......the fuel mix thing seems to be fine for me....I don't mind telling my crew which tire I'd like next, to avoid any issues. Some of the bugs peeps have mentioned I imagine would be ..straight forward at least....I hope Codies have the manpower to patch 3 different machines while still developing 2016....

Certinty

I hate how in interchangable conditions all the AI know exactly when to pit to change tyres, really ruins the immersion.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Coming up to lap Maldonado and his engine blows up with smoke across the track. This game is so realistic.

Also is ERS the new KERS system? Half way through my last race my engineer tells me that Vettel's ERS has failed and for me to not push my car as hard in case I get the same trouble.

I checked the map and he did fall down the pack from 4th to about 16th so he came in for a second set of Options and eventually came 10th.

shaki123

As everyone in this thread knows, I am very critical when it comes to the way Codemasters handles it's yearly F1 releases. The handling system is simply amazing. I use the pad (I will never give it up) on the PC version and it is simply amazing to control and very rewarding for those who manage to stay focused during a race. They managed to make the game much harder on the game-pad and probably played some Asseto Corsa or Project Cars to see how others do it. I very much like the way you feel your tires going away from you and especially during the rain.

It is pretty hard to accelerate with the right amount of throttle out of each corner. Like it's supposed to. I really want to give them big credits for this because it kind of gets overlooked due to the extremely negative response of the PC version.

I also very much think the game is broken (online) and indeed there are many, many bugs like in the previous versions. To be honest, if they don't manage to fix the issues (like every year before) I hope they lose the license.

I surely hope Codemasters, as a company, can stay on and have a go at their other games in the genre. Grid Autosport 2 could be a major release for this generation of consoles. The first version (played on PC) was amazing. Playing online as a team was extremely cool and I spent more then 500 hours doing it online. I will never forget the moment we were P1 in the leaderboards for Open Wheel. Such a hard fought battle. That game was perfectly optimized and looked great even on your neighbor's toaster.

I hope they get it together real soon. I want to start my league (on Racedepartment) as soon as possible. Unfortunately we have to wait untill the online is fixed. Surely it will take weeks, maybe months, before it is fixed. The only thing we can do is hope they will actually do it. The fact that the next gen versions also have the same online issues, I truly believe the PC version will be fixed accordingly. I will enjoy the game's single player while I keep praying they do the right thing.

Rating: Pre-Alpha Release / out of 10.

Mohonky

Maybe I missed something, but is there a rain forecast for the whole weekend, not just the current day? Went into a weekend pouring rain in practice. Then got to quali, still pouring. Car is setup for a wet race because I can't find the 3 day forecast. Come raceday, not a cloud in the sky. Needless to say my high downforce setup send me backwards quick. Slipstream with DRS and I still had the Williams and Ferrari pull away from me no problems.

I was pretty shitty about that one, I was a sitting duck.

I must be having brain failure because I have looked for the forecasts a few times now and never found them :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They need to sort the yellow flags out. Its yellow then green then yellow then green in the time of 2-3 seconds. Accident happened and it went yellow so everyone slowed down then it goes green so I managed to over take 2 drivers then it goes back to yellow yet I didn't get told anything until the race ended and I was given a 10 second penalty for ignoring 2 yellows and overtaking during them.

Maybe I missed something, but is there a rain forecast for the whole weekend, not just the current day? Went into a weekend pouring rain in practice. Then got to quali, still pouring. Car is setup for a wet race because I can't find the 3 day forecast. Come raceday, not a cloud in the sky. Needless to say my high downforce setup send me backwards quick. Slipstream with DRS and I still had the Williams and Ferrari pull away from me no problems.

I was pretty shitty about that one, I was a sitting duck.

I must be having brain failure because I have looked for the forecasts a few times now and never found them :/

Don't think its just you. I haven't been able to see anything either apart from 90 minutes ahead.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
As everyone in this thread knows, I am very critical when it comes to the way Codemasters handles it's yearly F1 releases. The handling system is simply amazing. I use the pad (I will never give it up) on the PC version and it is simply amazing to control and very rewarding for those who manage to stay focused during a race. They managed to make the game much harder on the game-pad and probably played some Asseto Corsa or Project Cars to see how others do it. I very much like the way you feel your tires going away from you and especially during the rain.

Only thing I don't really like about gamepad controls, at least on PS4, is the rumble. I don't feel like it's giving me precise feedback about the grip levels. It's too monotone for that.

Azzawon

It's a miracle. Somehow managed to get over 100 points in a lobby!

UcJqG1R.png

Shaneus

It's not surprising though. The game has been like this for years. The last one I bought was 2012, it was patched 11 times after launch and was still broken after that. More fool anyone who still buys CM's F1 games.
Wasn't that the one they stopped patching after 6 months despite there still being countless issues? I think it is, because I think that's the last one I bought as well (and never not regretted it... I had that feeling as soon as I confirmed the purchase that I'd just lost money).

kharma45

Wasn't that the one they stopped patching after 6 months despite there still being countless issues? I think it is, because I think that's the last one I bought as well (and never not regretted it... I had that feeling as soon as I confirmed the purchase that I'd just lost money).

That's the one.

Kazdane

Yeah, I'm getting that too. It doesn't happen all of the time, but definitely quite often. It seems to unlock gear changes once you reach the end of the white line on pit exit from what I've noticed.

It's an engine failure. The engineer tells you your engine is acting up right after.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man Hungary was an awesome race in this Season Championship. Racing on Legend made it so tense and 50% distance with full damage allows so many things happen.

I managed to grab pole by the smallest of numbers from Hamilton in qualifying (1:22). On race day I was surrounded by Rosberg and Hamilton who were 2 and 3. I decided to play the long game and start on Primes rather than Options. I was hoping this would allow for last the stint to make me more fast since I would have fresh Options and less fuel which would make me lighter.

Within about 10-12 laps I was into 4th with the top 3 being Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg. First half of the race I'm managing to keep up but the Primes just aren't up to the job against the Options so I drop off and left battling for 4th with Bottas.

Eventually they start to pit for Primes at laps 14-15 since the Options must be getting knackered. This allows me to jump ahead into 1st but I now have Hamilton right on my gearbox. I stuck out to lap 22 but I started to lose grip quite a bit so I pitted for Options hit the fuel to Rich and 13 laps remaining I started putting in some fast times. The top 4 have over taken me while I was in the pits but ust after pitting I'm informed of a yellow flag and at the first bend I see Rosberg has span off into the gravel and left some debris on the track. Thats the last I saw of him.

Now I started to catch Bottas quite quickly who was in 3rd place. Within a few laps on the Options I caught him on the straight and flew past with DRS.

Next up was Vettel who I knew I could catch since I was 2-3 seconds faster per lap and he was only 9 seconds ahead so I had time to catch him. I'm coming into lap 34 and I've caught up to him. I decide to taken it slowly incase fuel fucks me over at the end or if I spin out. So I pull back a little and wait for the straight with DRS.

I know by now I have no way of catching Hamilton by looking at the map, he must have been a good 15 seconds ahead of me. So I wait until the final bend of lap 34, hit DRS and get past Vettel but lock up at the first bend into the final lap which puts me into a dual with him from corners 2 to 6. Just as I take Vettel on turn 8 a yellow flag is shown and who do I see in the distance? Hamilton parked to the left side damaged.

I go past with 3 bends left and I bring it home for the win.

Turns out Hamillton on that last lap hit the debris caused by Rosberg's crash. He got a tire blowout on the rear which made him spin into the wall and fuck up badly.

One of my favorite races so far since it had so much going on with the A.I and retirements due to crashes and other things but also managing to get the win right at the end when I thought I would have to settle for something like 4th.

Image of Hamiltons crash. ;d

BKZFWVH.gif

Putty

Man Hungary was an awesome race in this Season Championship. Racing on Legend made it so tense and 50% distance with full damage allows so many things happen.

I managed to grab pole by the smallest of numbers from Hamilton in qualifying (1:22). On race day I was surrounded by Rosberg and Hamilton who were 2 and 3. I decided to play the long game and start on Primes rather than Options. I was hoping this would allow for last the stint to make me more fast since I would have fresh Options and less fuel which would make me lighter.

Within about 10-12 laps I was into 4th with the top 3 being Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg. First half of the race I'm managing to keep up but the Primes just aren't up to the job against the Options so I drop off and left battling for 4th with Bottas.

Eventually they start to pit for Primes at laps 14-15 since the Options must be getting knackered. This allows me to jump ahead into 1st but I now have Hamilton right on my gearbox. I stuck out to lap 22 but I started to lose grip quite a bit so I pitted for Options hit the fuel to Rich and 13 laps remaining I started putting in some fast times. The top 4 have over taken me while I was in the pits but ust after pitting I'm informed of a yellow flag and at the first bend I see Rosberg has span off into the gravel and left some debris on the track. Thats the last I saw of him.

Now I started to catch Bottas quite quickly who was in 3rd place. Within a few laps on the Options I caught him on the straight and flew past with DRS.

Next up was Vettel who I knew I could catch since I was 2-3 seconds faster per lap and he was only 9 seconds ahead so I had time to catch him. I'm coming into lap 34 and I've caught up to him. I decide to taken it slowly incase fuel fucks me over at the end or if I spin out. So I pull back a little and wait for the straight with DRS.

I know by now I have no way of catching Hamilton by looking at the map, he must have been a good 15 seconds ahead of me. So I wait until the final bend of lap 34, hit DRS and get past Vettel but lock up at the first bend into the final lap which puts me into a dual with him from corners 2 to 6. Just as I take Vettel on turn 8 a yellow flag is shown and who do I see in the distance? Hamilton parked to the left side damaged.

I go past with 3 bends left and I bring it home for the win.

Turns out Hamillton on that last lap hit the debris caused by Rosberg's crash. He got a tire blowout on the rear which made him spin into the wall and fuck up badly.

One of my favorite races so far since it had so much going on with the A.I and retirements due to crashes and other things but also managing to get the win right at the end when I thought I would have to settle for something like 4th.

Image of Hamiltons crash. ;d

BKZFWVH.gif

Sounds quite a race!

Putty

OK, so ...i'm having terrific fun with this but also spent my first 5 races or so locking down how i'll play for the forseeable future. I've settled on hard difficulty. 50% race distance. ABS on and TC on full and full damage. The purist in me borks that ABS and TC are on but i just love the feel of how it's currently playing. It's been said before of course but Codies foundation with the driving model is absolutely fan fooking tastic. If they don't tinker with this aspect for 2016, then i'm pretty sure 2016 will contain much more of what people are looking for that isn't in this version. Optomise the GFX, no doubt some form of new lighting engine will be introduced but in the main, i think its clear CM's focus will be on expanding content with new features and missing features. And of course that they get a bit more time to bug hunt.

Top Bottom