• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Started a new season on Legend with Ferrari (Kimi). I got pole but struggled a little in the race due to the pace of the Mercedes speed but I pulled it out the bag and got P1.

Super fun and intense. I know though on some tracks I'll get wrecked.

Edit: Also they need to fix the skid marks glitch. Everywhere I drive it puts them behind regardless of breaking or locking up. It looks so stupid lol.

Rosberg had a Tyre blow-out, collided with Button & got lapped within one Lap. The Collision with Button also lead to a DNF of Kvyat (collided with Button in Chapel)

VIDEO

I think this was my last race on Expert difficulty though.

URRIhOA.jpg

NAY7xFB.jpg

Made my second (unscheduled) Stop in Lap 41, came out 2 secs in front of Hamilton. Was tailed by Räikkönen until he collided with some Backmarker.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fucking hell lol I got a blow out on the first lap in multiplayer at Spa on the straight before the final chicane. So I had to pit which made the other guy behind take 1st. More annoyed that my tire blew out before the first lap was even finished. I don't even know what caused it since I was doing some great lines.

After the blow out and the pit stop he was half way round the track but by lap 5 I nearly caught him. I'd probably lapped him if I didn't have the problem.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. It doesn't happen all of the time, but definitely quite often. It seems to unlock gear changes once you reach the end of the white line on pit exit from what I've noticed.

Glad it's not just me. Hopefully Codies are working on another patch.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The people online are so bad lol. Honestly best sticking to the back let them crash, time penalties or ruin the car. I had another race on Spa and stuck to the back due to the other 5 guys were being too aggressive. I finished 1st since I was the only one who did clean laps where all the others got multiple 5 second penalties. ᕦ(ಠ_ಠ ˇ)ᕤ

Didn't even need to bother on Russia. First straight 2 crash then the other is just slow into the left scoop. After that I never saw them again and won again with a clean sheet and 20 seconds ahead.

They do need to sort out the lap timings though since they are all over the place. But I'm really enjoying the Ferrari's this year which is a first. They sound great when shifting and feel so smooth. Look gorgeous at night.

http://a.uguu.se/kypqnv.webm

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Flying Frenchman putting in those times. I hope shit like this doesn't happen in qualifying since I want to get the 'Most Poles in a Season' achievement.

ODvzQ0T.jpg

You can change difficulty during Championship season, right? Do I just have to do it between races?

Yeah in the main menu before you start the next race.

Moozo

Yeah in the main menu before you start the next race.

I don't have a difficulty option there, just controls and audio. I've just finished a race.

Also, is anyone else's pole position trophy bugged? I've got two poles in the first two races and it hasn't popped

Ryne

The Ferrari is really good, it feels like it's on rails without any assists. I will probably stick with the Lotus for my pro season.

LilJoka

Should have said i jumped right into the Mercedes, so maybe they are portraying what it looks like the Merc drivers are doing IRL - dominance. Ill try the McLaren later.

The driving is ok, somewhat fun i guess.

And yes ill turn that difficulty up. I think ill struggle in the wet though, i feel im having to tip toe on the throttle on exit, whereas the AI seem to have great traction, no fishtailing from them at all. But in the dry i could probably race it on Legend.

Will report back, using Xbox 360 pad/Logitech G27.

I had an annoying bug, when leaving the pit lane, the gears are stuck, can shift out of 2nd until the pit lane white line ends (normally close to T1), only then can i change gear. Only solution is pit assist ON, then the AI will change up the gears, but you are left wrestling the car into T1 as it lets go right at the last moment.

Also when using a flashback, it just resumes instantly, bit daft seeing as codies invented the whole flashback system.

All round lack of polish is to be observed. The game uses some sort of blurring to simulate the camera shake at high speeds. The main menu is a pain as you can only see the current option, whilst the options to the right are faded and you cant see whats to the left making you either guess or go all the way around, poor UI design.

Just getting super tired of broken/unfinished games now.

The drivers all look like zombies?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't have a difficulty option there, just controls and audio. I've just finished a race.

Also, is anyone else's pole position trophy bugged? I've got two poles in the first two races and it hasn't popped

From the main menu when you continue the season. Go up to Race Settings then it should be listed.

I haven't had a problem with the pole postilion achievement but the one for racing 600 minutes wont unlock but it seems to be wide spread as others are reporting it wont unlock.

Should have said i jumped right into the Mercedes, so maybe they are portraying what it looks like the Merc drivers are doing IRL - dominance. Ill try the McLaren later.

Good luck with the 2015 McLaren. I had a few races with it on Expert and it gets destroyed especially on the straights. I tried other cars with the same setups and went at least 2-3 second per laps quicker.

LilJoka

Id like to say that the AI no longer have the awful un raceable trait of previous games where cars ahead of you zoom off into the distance and cars behind you just slow to a crawl unable to overtake you.

You can finally win a race by running all the laps and closing in on the opponents, i even made a mistake, fell back, and then re initiated my charge to pass a guy.

This was all impossible on the older games, it was a 1 turn race, get P1 at the start or settle for whatever position you were in.

Game also runs maxed out at 1440p on my GTX 970 1500/3900Mhz 60fps.

LilJoka

From the main menu when you continue the season. Go up to Race Settings then it should be listed.

I haven't had a problem with the pole postilion achievement but the one for racing 600 minutes wont unlock but it seems to be wide spread as others are reporting it wont unlock.

Good luck with the 2015 McLaren. I had a few races with it on Expert and it gets destroyed especially on the straights. I tried other cars with the same setups and went at least 2-3 second per laps quicker.

Thats ok though, just like real life =P
As long as the times are somewhat realistic its all good.

edit sorry double post.

Ryne

Where can we get some good setups? Racedepartment is currently completely dry. I'll take a stab at learning on my own, but I like to see some previously made ones to see what I should be aiming at.

Moozo

Id like to say that the AI no longer have the awful un raceable trait of previous games where cars ahead of you zoom off into the distance and cars behind you just slow to a crawl unable to overtake you.

You can finally win a race by running all the laps and closing in on the opponents, i even made a mistake, fell back, and then re initiated my charge to pass a guy.

This was all impossible on the older games, it was a 1 turn race, get P1 at the start or settle for whatever position you were in.

Game also runs maxed out at 1440p on my GTX 970 1500/3900Mhz 60fps.

Yeah, this is what I'm most enjoying about this year. Although Hard is a bit too slow for me and I'm yet to discover if Expert will start causing this problem again

Azzawon

Just hit another hilarious bug online. Just set off from the grid, and the game instantly cuts into spectator mode. My car is still driving around with everyone else but still has my name on it somehow, no idea who's driving...

Edit: damage seriously needs to be removed from the Standard Sprint hopper. Too many idiots driving recklessly and causing damage for innocent people and ruining their entire race.

Moozo

Just hit another hilarious bug online. Just set off from the grid, and the game instantly cuts into spectator mode. My car is still driving around with everyone else but still has my name on it somehow, no idea who's driving...

Edit: damage seriously needs to be removed from the Standard Sprint hopper. Too many idiots driving recklessly and causing damage for innocent people and ruining their entire race.
Came across my first earlier. Did a flashback in the pit lane because I spun on exit and crossed the white line... Flashback loaded and put me right in the middle of the start/finish straight at a standstill. Happily no one was coming.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This game online.

So bad.
tzFA1.gif

Edit: Pretty sure some guy in these races is glitching. Got it all on video.

He's last of the pack but when crossing over the line after lap 1 the race ends and hes the winner regardless of how far behind he is. At China he was 1 minute behind me but when it came to the scores I came behind him lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Doesn't help that no one joins my lobby. Stuck with 63 points and would like to hit 100. Been trying it all day. >_>

Azzawon

Doesn't help that no one joins my lobby. Stuck with 63 points and would like to hit 100. Been trying it all day. >_>

Consider yourself lucky, it's so broken for me that I keep getting reset to 0 every time I get close to what you're on :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Consider yourself lucky, it's so broken for me that I keep getting reset to 0 every time I get close to what you're on :p

Thats whats happened to me lol. I've probably hit over 200.

Edit: Actually I have no idea how these points work. One lobby has me at 18 another at 0 then back to 63.

Azzawon

Thats whats happened to me lol. I've probably hit over 200.

Edit: Actually I have no idea how these points work. One lobby has me at 18 another at 0 then back to 63.

I think you've got more chance of winning the lottery than you have getting to 100 points in a lobby without trouble.

I've finally figured out a way to avoid the first corner mayhem.
Manor Marussia all the way.

XJ5Fkiz.png

Works like a charm.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
First corner mayham makes racing with randoms a horror in any racing game. Except Mario Kart.

Azzawon

First corner mayham makes racing with randoms a horror in any racing game. Except Mario Kart.

I find it really dumb how the online grids are determined by last year's constructors standings. Why can't they be random to mix things up a bit?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just go slow until I'm last then let the chaos unravel. Usually within a lap or two people start leaving or running slow due to crashes. Would be nice to get a full lobby though.

I'll check out using Marussia to see what happens.

Ryne

How do you get a good start with TC off? I tried hovering just before the revs went red however that didn't work and I just got loads of wheelspin.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do the custom setups you save work the same across all cars or just the one you've done it to? Like if I save a setup for the Ferrari on Bahrain then use the same setup on that track but in a Red Bull it should give me the same kind of performance right? I expect some differences due to the cars themselves.

How do you get a good start with TC off? I tried hovering just before the revs went red however that didn't work and I just got loads of wheelspin.

You tried starting in a higher gear if using manual? I usually do that on Forza.

I'm getting a lot of track time in online at the moment. Most popular from experience has to be Standard Sprint. However as you can imagine, it's a bit messy.
That's ok I'm used to that.

Keep have fun doing custom races with a friend but the race always De-syncs and we end up having seperate races until the results.

We did Spa in the wet me in a Sauber and him in a Mercedes, he would have been able to see me throughout as we were a few seconds apart but we didn't know how close it was till the end.

Frustrating really, fun having a grid of AI as well though.

Azzawon

how on earth do you amend your strategy pre race?

I always seem to stop once more than the AI

You can change your pit strategy when you're sat on the grid before the start of the race. I would've thought you ran the same strategy as the AI when running the default one though?

it certainly had me pitting three times on a race that the AI did twice. Couldn't amend it though on the grid it just told me what it was.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Its broken at the moment. If you go with Options it will put you on Primes next stop which will be earlier.

If you go with Primes it fucks up and instead of putting on Options it will put on another set of Primes and also tells you to come in the same laps as if you had Options on.

For instance a 25% race.

• Start on Options and asked to come in lap 5-6 for Primes as how it should be.
  • Start on Primes and asked to come in also laps 5-6 but you get Primes again.

If should be this.

• Start on Options and asked to come in lap 5-6 for Primes as how it should be.
  • Start on Primes and asked to come in also laps 9-10 but you get Options.

If you decide to run Primes in the first stint you need to inform the engineer from the talk window you want Options and he will confirm saying Options will be ready for next pit stop. I've been doing it this way and tell him on lap 1-2 then I'll just ignore the advice to pit and stay out an extra 4-5 laps.

Azzawon

Just tried posting in a thread over at the Codemasters F1 subforum, and my comment is 'being approved'. Are they seriously moderating comments now?

At least they're aware that a lot of people are pissed at the game I suppose.

Edit: looks like it was because I added a link in my comment. Safe to say the forums are about as messy as their netcode.

Undead

Just tried posting in a thread over at the Codemasters F1 subforum, and my comment is 'being approved'. Are they seriously moderating comments now?

At least they're aware that a lot of people are pissed at the game I suppose.

AFAIK it's been like that since F1 2011 (massive amount of complaints), unless they changed it back since then

Azzawon

AFAIK it's been like that since F1 2011 (massive amount of complaints), unless they changed it back since then

I think the forums during the F1 2011 release would have been quite peaceful compared to what they look like now :p but yeah, it looks to only be for comments including external links as I've just managed to post straight away in another thread.

Apparently you can also get the "Boiling Point"-Trophy (100 points in an online Championship) by creating a custom lobby. Anyone interested in doing this tonight?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Its broken at the moment. If you go with Options it will put you on Primes next stop which will be earlier.

If you go with Primes it fucks up and instead of putting on Options it will put on another set of Primes and also tells you to come in the same laps as if you had Options on.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

As much as I enjoy the core game, the longer I play the more bugs I encounter. And bugs as obvious and silly as this one make it clear that the game has been rushed.

Azzawon

Apparently you can also get the "Boiling Point"-Trophy (100 points in an online Championship) by creating a custom lobby. Anyone interested in doing this tonight?

Providing it's possible without the lobby resetting the points, I'm up for this if you're on the same platform! (XB1)

Top Bottom