• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

Hedrush

The thing is (on PC anyway) there are already a couple of games that do racing just as good or better as this one. It's a hard sell for people like myself.

I've got Project Cars on PS4 and even with all its bugs it can still be enjoyable. It has its own formula 1 type career so I'm thinking its a bit daft to buy F1 2015 with all its bugs when I've already got a bug ridden F1 style racer

I thought actually that the 2014 last gen version was phoned in because they were all working on this, so really it's had a longer developement cycle than normal (skipped 14 and gone straight to 15, hence the inclusion of 2014 season)?
You know Codemasters were one of the logos present at the PS4 reveal. This game has a title ID of CUSA00013. That's incredibly low. Lower than some launch titles.

So this was worked on for quite a while you'd imagine.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The pit stops are a fucking joke lol. Nearly every driver comes so plenty of teams stack the drivers. Rosberg came in behind me and got stuck but due to Ferrari pitting Kimi and Alonso so Rosberg had to wait for Kimi to exit so Alonso could move in lol. I ain't mad means Rosberg got 0 points again. (ง ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

Total fuck up Codies. Heres a Webm showing.

http://a.uguu.se/htrvtu_pits.webmhd.webm

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The pit stops are a fucking joke lol. Nearly every driver comes so plenty of teams stack the drivers. Rosberg came in behind me and got stuck but due to Ferrari pitting Kimi and Alonso so Rosberg had to wait for Kimi to exit so Alonso could move in lol. I ain't mad means Rosberg got 0 points again. (ง ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

That's really a joke given that they had a pit stop bug in their very first game already.

RdN

Wow, that's pathetic.

You know Codemasters were one of the logos present at the PS4 reveal. This game has a title ID of CUSA00013. That's incredibly low. Lower than some launch titles.

So this was worked on for quite a while you'd imagine.

Didn't catch that one. Even BF4 has CUSA00049.

Loving the broadcast style presentation so far. Though they still have a lot to learn in terms of recording the commentators.

RoKKeR

Had no idea this was out on Steam already. Brother is going to grab it on his computer so I can try it there. Looking forward to it but it sounds like next year's offering will be more...robust. Hopefully.

Is there any way to upscale lower resolutions so it fills the entire screen? Lowering the resolution just makes the game take up less of the screen... which I never ran into during my PC gaming days.

Has anyone else noticed the AI acting odd under blue flags. Not sure if it's been present in older games, but during the first championship race around Melbourne it seemed like every time there was a blue flag, they would either drive off the track or drive into the wall to let you through

Has anyone else noticed the AI acting odd under blue flags. Not sure if it's been present in older games, but during the first championship race around Melbourne it seemed like every time there was a blue flag, they would either drive off the track or drive into the wall to let you through

Didn't notice that, but as I was saving fuel they'd overtake me and then decelerate to let me through again

Couple of things I've noticed playing more - AI seem to have way more traction in heavy rain than me and continually keep clipping my back wheel sending me off track.

The yellow flags seem to come on and off like a yoyo at times, Its difficult to keep up with whats happening!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has anyone worked out how the setups load? Is it simply hovering over a preset or a custom then exiting?

Yeah I've noticed that a couple of times.

With the difficulty on Expert it was a tougher race but once I got my last pit stop for new tyres (primes) and fuel mix 3, I blew through to first from third and won the race by 19s.

Couple of things I've noticed playing more - AI seem to have way more traction in heavy rain than me and continually keep clipping my back wheel sending me off track.

The yellow flags seem to come on and off like a yoyo at times, Its difficult to keep up with whats happening!

I dunno, I seem to drive better in the wet than dry though.

Agree with the flags.

Ryne

Has anyone worked out how the setups load? Is it simply hovering over a preset or a custom then exiting?

Yup, hover over a preset/custom and back out of the menu.

I've come across some small funny bugs with the PC version (like alt-F4ing the game causes keyboard controls to be locked in), but other than that it has been fine. I haven't played enough to see any other bugs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I was a little gutted about no Valencia track since its now closed but this is the first time I've got to try out Russia Sochi and I love it. Feels like a combination of the Korean GP and Valencia.

Yup, hover over a preset/custom and back out of the menu.

Ok thats good to know. Wasn't sure since the engineer only talks when changing tires never setups.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I was a little gutted about no Valencia track since its now closed but this is the first time I've got to try out Russia Sochi and I love it. Feels like a combination of the Korean GP and Valencia.

Yeah, I miss Valencia too. Such a great track.

Might just be me, but a fair percentage of the time when overtaking I'm being clipped from behind and sent into the gravel. 6 times in 1 race so far is the most.

Certinty

I'm SO impressed with this game right now.

The AI are great, despite being overly aggressive at times and the handling is superb. Started a race in 4th and had to hold off Ricciardo for position then Nico and Kimi were fighting over 2nd holding each other up while Lewis was driving into the sunset. For the first time in a CM F1 game the AI were actually good!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Abu Dhabi final race. Double points. Rosberg 49 points behind. If I DNF or miss the points and he gets 1st he will be champ. Brazil and USA Nico beat me quite comfortably.

Race starts and by the end of lap 1 I've achieved a 3 second lead. I continue to dominate the whole race. I pit twice. Second set I put on Primes and come back out second just behind Bottas. A few laps in and I retook 1st. 9 laps left and I'll be champ.

It's Lap 11 and I've got a 15 second lead of Rosberg so I decide to come in for a fresh pair of Options. Lap 12 I'm catching and pulling in the 10 second lead he has. By Lap 13 I've got him and now I need to take it home for the win.

Start of the final lap and I get the message. "You've run out of fuel". I think fuck how I've been careful and even coasted some previous laps where I had a good lead. I hit the engine into Lean and coast into each bend and out with low revs.

Final 2 bends left and the car starts chugging. Noooo

I rolled over the line for the win. (⌐■_■)

So thats 2014 complete and now to 2015. I might go with Williams since they did great in 2014 against me or maybe go real hard with McLaren. Also some random shots from my last race.

qgM1C8.jpg
SUjJa4.jpg

gUn5Zh.jpg
WPfhwp.jpg

aPYLct.jpg
xX9JXh.jpg

Fox Mulder

The AI are great, despite being overly aggressive at times and the handling is superb. Started a race in 4th and had to hold off Ricciardo for position then Nico and Kimi were fighting over 2nd holding each other up while Lewis was driving into the sunset. For the first time in a CM F1 game the AI were actually good!

I saw a video on YouTube where the two AI of Rosberg and Hamilton had a multi lap battle like at Bahrain last year. Pretty neat.

RoKKeR

Doing my first race weekend right now and I'm loving the feel of this game.

Very unrealistic though, I managed to put a Williams on pole in the wet at Melbourne. Step up your authenticity game, Codies!

Edit: Finished the race in 2nd and literally sputtered across the finish line. More real time updates on fuel situation would be greatly appreciated, team!

Putty

8(

Done 2 races. Playing at 50% distance, full damage. Australia i get a puncture while leading on the last corner of the 2nd to last lap, I don't pit ....finished 9th.

Malaysia I get a puncture on lap 27/29 while leading, I pit and finnish 4th.

Sigh.

Branson

I saw a video on YouTube where the two AI of Rosberg and Hamilton had a multi lap battle like at Bahrain last year. Pretty neat.

Its opposite land in here today. So its bad, its good, its bad, and now its good again?

zeshakag

Wow, I'm hearin about a lot of bugs and lack of common sense features. This makes me sad, I was so hyped.

To those who have current gen racing games, if I'm looking strictly for F1, is this the best one? Or do I get Project Cars, or do I wait for bugfixes before purchasing something?

Putty

Wow, I'm hearin about a lot of bugs and lack of common sense features. This makes me sad, I was so hyped.

To those who have current gen racing games, if I'm looking strictly for F1, is this the best one? Or do I get Project Cars, or do I wait for bugfixes before purchasing something?

Without a doub the best one. As a pure driving experience its pretty fabulous.

Putty

Guys, i'm collating user feedback on any audio related issue's you have. Or just general ways the audio can be improved. How are the default audio settings for you, etc etc.

FYI i don't work for Codies (though i have a few times in the past) but i'm frinds with Mark Knight who is responsable for the music and also has a hand in the FX work.

Cheers
Anth

Bigscary

Neo Member
Just going through my first season in this game and all going well had to bump it up to expert as i'd won first 5 races pretty easily until Monaco that is what a shit storm that is get taken out by vettel with 2 laps to go oh well on to canada.....and this is where it gets amazing

Just went through practice and set fastest time just with a 1.14 so 4 mins left of practice let's speed accelerate time I got this and than at the last minute Vettel does a 54.636 lap shattering the record by 18 secs...you've got to friggin kidding me

Anyone else get this bullshit???

Phinor

Its opposite land in here today. So its bad, its good, its bad, and now its good again?

Well it's almost mandatory in the Internet to hate every F1 game because they aren't perfect simulations and all that. The online is supposedly/actually quite broken but people seem happy with driving against the AI. Also plenty of bugs outside the online racing but typically nothing game breaking although as usual, some people consider every little thing the worst thing that has ever happened to them. Personally I still wish the game didn't lose force feedback/wheel weight when I use a flashback, restart to garage, restart race or do anything really to interrupt the game.

Shaneus

My biggest concern is that another developer would use the license to make an arcade racer in order to make the game more attractive to a larger audience. Codies have at least always tried to look for a compromise between sim racers and casuals.
That's their problem. They need to pick a target audience and stick to it, not try and have everything (but ultimately offer nothing). Casual games could work if they're done really well, but we only ever got F1 20xx or F1 Race Stars. Or that ill-fated online F1 thing.

Maybe if they gave us a REALLY solid F1 management sim I'd be happy to let titles like this slide. Football Manager is one of the biggest selling titles in the UK, I think... there has to be a market there for an F1 equivalent.

Undead

Maybe if they gave us a REALLY solid F1 management sim I'd be happy to let titles like this slide. Football Manager is one of the biggest selling titles in the UK, I think... there has to be a market there for an F1 equivalent.

No doubt there is a market for it, personally I would love it, would love it even better if you could combine the management and racing similar to FIFA but Bernie and his goons would never allow that to see the light of day.

I'm going to join the camp that absolutely loves this! Played through to Spain this morning in Career on expert as Daniel Ricciardo and have loved every second of it! Have I hit any bugs? Not anything that really sticks in my mind to be honest.

If you are on the fence I wouldn't listen to the internet, try and find someway to rent it or play it at a friends - it is thoroughly enjoyable and if you are fan of F1 will be a better scratch for that itch than PCars (and I say that as a PCars investor, PCars shines as a multi discipline racer).

And to the internet, please calm down the hyperbole. I'm not sure how people expect to be taken seriously when they can't voice there complaints without sounding like a 5 year old kid!

MaxiLive

I've had 3 races now and all of them have been great with the AI fighting, the tire degradation and everything just feels really good.

I'm one of the lucky one who hasn't ran into any bugs so far and the game has been running great. I just really like the feel of the cars and the tyres it does a really good job at representing how much the tyre degradation effects the car.

Does feel fairly bare boned compared to other races but the Season races are fine not sure why people miss career so much from the Codemasters F1 games as it was always fairly primitive? Hopefully they bring it back in the future games to cover all players though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Holy shit the McLaren Hondas are slow as fuck. Raced at Sochi on Expert and started 18th and got 6th but damn I was getting caught up on the two large straights so easy.

Loved this camera shot.

2L51BmT.gif

Does anyone know if the Xbox One version makes use of the controller's rumble triggers?
Thanks

They sure do and it works well I think.

Azzawon

From what I hear and read, the actual racing is fun. Everything else around it isn't.

I'll second that. The racing is the best of the series by far, but there's plenty of bugs and the missing features really don't help. I'm having a blast doing Championship Season, though.

Certinty

I'll second that. The racing is the best of the series by far, but there's plenty of bugs and the missing features really don't help. I'm having a blast doing Championship Season, though.
I'll third that.

In all honesty 90% of my time on F1 is spent on quick races and time trials, so this game is absolutely perfect for me.

mf luder

Holy shit the McLaren Hondas are slow as fuck. Raced at Sochi on Expert and started 18th and got 6th but damn I was getting caught up on the two large straights so easy.

That's not the Mclaren. The AI are super fast on the straights. It's either a bug or to make up for their lack of cornering speed.

The racing itself may be fun, but when the AI is setting impossible times in qualifying, and going impossibly fast in a straight line during the race, and the wheel settings you select are not saving, and the AI is pitting both cars on the same lap, this is not fun.

Also the game does not let you turn off forced chromatic aberration, and you can't do 25% race without being limited to one-shot qualifying.

Cc23830

Has anybody managed an online race yet on the ps4?
I manage to get to the point where it says joining but everytime fails.

Btw im quite enjoying it in season mode. I chose Jenson and am enjoying mixed results, even managing to take out Hamilton on a penultimate lap haha.

Loved this camera shot.

2L51BmT.gif

They sure do and it works well I think.

That car following cut that corner like mad, was that AI?

The racing itself may be fun, but when the AI is setting impossible times in qualifying, and going impossibly fast in a straight line during the race, and the wheel settings you select are not saving, and the AI is pitting both cars on the same lap, this is not fun.

Also the game does not let you turn off forced chromatic aberration, and you can't do 25% race without being limited to one-shot qualifying.

It's sad to say but that sounds like yet another codemasters F1 game to me, sigh. one of the reasons why I stopped buying them after 2011.

Ryne

CM really stepped up the broadcast though. I love being able to watch the other AI cars lap around the track in practice.

Now bring us back all the other options CM, including career, next year.

Edit: Anyone notice that they are slower than the AI on straights? I had the Manor pull away from a DRS'd Mercedes today.

Top Bottom