• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

Ragus

Banned
I have a question - is it possible to completely hide the list of friends who are online? I am talking about those tiny avatars of my friends, which are located to the left of the status updates.

Jzero

I have a question - is it possible to completely hide the list of friends who are online? I am talking about those tiny avatars of my friends, which are located to the left of the status updates.

Yes just press the "Hide sidebar" button. It looks like square with an arrow pointing to the right.

Meier

Can I modify it so that if I post on another website with a social Facebook plugin, instead of showing "Works at The University of Texas at Austin" it will simply list Austin, TX?

I can't figure out how to do that.. but I'd prefer it if I could.

Can I modify it so that if I post on another website with a social Facebook plugin, instead of showing "Works at The University of Texas at Austin" it will simply list Austin, TX?

I can't figure out how to do that.. but I'd prefer it if I could.
Its to do with the Work and Education field. Its the same as displays on your profile (hover over your name on a comment you make to see what I mean).

Meier

Its to do with the Work and Education field. Its the same as displays on your profile (hover over your name on a comment you make to see what I mean).

Yeah, I know.. I just wonder if there is a way to modify what it displays. Do all of the people who only show their city name just not include their job on Facebook? I don't want my comments tied to the university in any way.

Marco1

I've always wondered what the future is for Facebook.
I recently deleted my account as I got fed up after realising most of my FB friends are people I am no really interested in meeting face to face again.

So whos still rocking a traditional profile?

I stared facebook down on the timline bs and it looks like they blinked.
I still have the old type. I wouldn't mind being switched over to the timeline, but I just wanted to wait to see how long it would take until I got forced onto it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I am subscribed to the National Geographic, but I now NEVER see the updates. Even with "Subscribed to all updates" checked:mad:

jediyoshi

The Close Friends feature is completely broken, right? At some point FB decided certain people were close friends and I get notifications when they do almost anything. The problem is if I go to the close friends section, the list is empty and disabling its notifications doesn't have an affect.

Jzero

Looks like Facebook is going to start showing who views your profile/posts and they're starting with groups.

Jzero

One of my groups already has it.

i3mlSjsq7NmVB.PNG

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Close Friends feature is completely broken, right? At some point FB decided certain people were close friends and I get notifications when they do almost anything. The problem is if I go to the close friends section, the list is empty and disabling its notifications doesn't have an affect.

You need to mess with the News Feed options so it doesn't show like "interesting notifications" or whatever they call it in the option box that pops up to fix this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I've had the same issue.

Jzero

So I deleted most of my likes but fb still says I have 148 of them :S

how do I find those?
Some of them are kind of hidden. The only way that I've been able to delete the hidden ones is if they post a status update and then unlike them from there.

Top Bottom