• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Factorio | STEAMPOWERED Industrial Optimization

Thraktor

It's been a while since you wrote that message and you've probably figured out what to do by now, but yes. With this built, there won't be enough iron for all the production. As i stated above, i'm new to this game and have been playing for 65 hours. After multiple revisions to the production line, i found that Having multiple iron mining and smelting areas with 10 or 20 furnaces and distributing irons evenly by using balancers is only good option.

Also, i don't know if it's just me but i think world generation in this game is little buggy and needs some adjustments. None of the presets seem to have no affect whatsoever. For example, i created a few worlds by selecting Rail World preset and resources were so close to each other. If you change settings to very low frequency and small/very small size, game fills the map with trees.
Game is still EA tho. I hope they'll make some adjustments.

The rail world preset doesn't affect the starting area, so you have to venture out quite a bit before seeing its effect. If you're not happy with rail world, try the mod RSO (resource spawner overhaul), which does a similar thing but I believe it has greater distances and larger resource fields.

The rail world preset doesn't affect the starting area, so you have to venture out quite a bit before seeing its effect. If you're not happy with rail world, try the mod RSO (resource spawner overhaul), which does a similar thing but I believe it has greater distances and larger resource fields.

Damn, wish i knew about this mod before i edited the map in level editor 2 days ago.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I have a friend who has been building his "factory" for years now, this game can hook you up pretty seriously if you're into that kind of things.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sales update​

This year we have reached another sales milestone, with 3.5 million sales being passed this Christmas. We are still having steady and consistent sales of about 500,000 each year, which in retrospect validates the original no-sale policy we have stuck with since we launched on Steam in 2016.

Freeman76

Keep hoping for an Xbox announcement for this game. When I saw it was on Switch I thought it was guaranteed to come out, but still no news as far as I've seen

Top Bottom