• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fairly Oddparents ends today.

jstripes

Banned
Should've ended right before this

v1.bjs2ODgyOTtqOzE3NDE1OzEyMDA7MjE2MDsxNjIw

But what will Jimmy Fallon do now?

jwk94

IIRC Channel Chasers showed his daughter looking exactly like Tootie...but with Trixie's hairdo. I recall Butch using this as a way to please both sides and even as a kid it seemed so silly, it was obviously Tootie's kid lol

Snarky❤;244615824 said:
Timmy had a lot of ladies after him at one point or another.

timmy__s_valentine_by_garabatoz.jpg

Tootie, Trixie, Trixie's blonde friend, Carly...Who's next to Tootie?

Sou Da

Snarky❤;244616286 said:
Molly, from the episode where Timmy gets sent to God kids school with the other two shitty God kids that make bad wishes.
So you just had that Garabatoz art on hand?

jwk94

Snarky❤;244616286 said:
Molly, from the episode where Timmy gets sent to God kids school with the other two shitty God kids that make bad wishes.

I don't think I ever saw that. Yo, what happened to Remy Buckaplenty? Did they leave him with his happy ending?

Mariolee

Snarky❤;244612713 said:
The poof centric episodes suck. And Anti-Poof who they ran into the ground. Basically was a kid friendly Stewie griffin. Like the one where he goes to fairy preschool and wants to get into the school play because of a girl he likes and fights with Anti-Poof over, and Timmy Cosmo and Wanda are barely in the episode

No in the live action movies he got with tootie.

No, he ends up with Tootie in the live action films.

Aw shit I mixed em up.

So you just had that Garabatoz art on hand?

And you knew the name ;)

I don't think I ever saw that. Yo, what happened to Remy Buckaplenty? Did they leave him with his happy ending?

He gets his memories back after being hit on the head by a purple coconut that was actually Juandissimo. And he gets his revenge on Timmy a bunch of times in dumb ways. It's like, Juandissimo likes helping him despite not being his fairy anymore. Then he was gone for a whole bunch of seasons and they brought him back for one dumb episode.

This show was still going until now?

did Timmy end up with Trixie?

if not, then flush this series down

Yes, and then Jorgan wished everything back to before the shitty Wishology specials happened so it was pointless

It seems redundant to have the whole "lose your fairies forever" rule if it's so easy to wish for everything back to the way it was before

But what will Jimmy Fallon do now?

That's Drake Bell who played the live action character

ReiGun

Yeah show went to shit after Poof was introduced then they brought a fairy dog and Timmy sharing the faires with a girl that live next door.

Wait wtf?

wikipedia said:
Chloe Carmichael (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) is Timmy's new neighbor who debuts in the season 10 premiere episode, "The Big Fairy Share Scare", and a co-protagonist of the show, alongside Timmy. Due to there not being enough fairies available for kids, she and Timmy are forced to share Wanda and Cosmo. Although in the beginning they do not get along, they ended up becoming best friends. Chloe is enthusiastic, funny and over-achieving little girl who has the tendency to cause chaos with her wishes, but she is a good person.

ohhh.png
Wow this show really lasted longer than it should have.

akira28

I see Nick's old policy of not letting show's acknowledge their end so kids will keep watching expecting new episodes still hasn't completely died.

Disney did this in the most cruel way. Just by playing reruns all the time and a new episode like rarely ever.

ShadyK54

It's about time it ended. Like others have said, it should have ended a long time ago, though this does make me want to rewatch Channel Chasers as I don't remember much from it.

Was personally done watching around the time the baby Poof was introduced.

I'm realizing this show had a lot of attractive ladies. Trixie, Veronica, Carly, Britney Britney, The Tooth Fairy, Golden Locks and her evil form, Princess Man-die, Ms. Doombringer, Dr. Fancyfree...oh and Mrs.Claus.

ReiGun

Like others have said, Channel Chasers was the perfect series finale and it should've ended there. Having said that, it was fine up to when the baby showed up.

Honestly, season 10 sounds kind of dire so it's probably best they end it. They added a new main character for basically no reason. I mean jesus, just look at this opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56T-r3Dz28

That's like Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain levels of "our heart isn't in this anymore."

IIRC Channel Chasers left it ambiguous as to whether or not Timmy married Trixie or Tootie. I think the live action movies had Timmy with Tootie.

God almighty that song is awful. I'm not on to blindly hate on updates to things from my childhood, but they legit ruined the theme song.

I think the latest season had an episode where the fairies lost their wands and between them losing the wands and finding them again there's just a scene where they inexplicably have them and cast magic.

EDIT: HERE They lose their wands around 21:00, Cosmo has a wand and casts magic around 21:35, and then they finally get their wands back around 23:45.

Oh my god, those voices. :(

Snarky❤;244613772 said:
Timmy's Secret Wish, the canon-destroying tv special where is revealed that Timmy wished for no one to ever age and only he would be able to remember. He's had his faries for 50 years and he was the only one who knew. as punishment he loses his ferries gets aged up 50 years and somehow he doesn't forget that he has fairies and have to team up with Crocker to get them back

I didn't think someone else would bring this up.

As much as Fairly Oddparents was an enjoyable show for years (weirdly enough, I got into it because people were talking up the GameCube game, which I got for cheap), yes, please stop Weekend at Bernie's-ing the corpse around.

NateDog

I'm in the camp that didn't know it was still on, thought it ended many years back. Used to love it but can't imagine the quality of early seasons was maintained for this long.

Gin-Shiio

Snarky❤;244618734 said:
I'm realizing this show had a lot of attractive ladies. Trixie, Veronica, Carly, Britney Britney, The Tooth Fairy, Golden Locks and her evil form, Princess Man-die, Ms. Doombringer, Dr. Fancyfree...oh and Mrs.Claus.

image.php

SoulUnison

Banned
Jesus, I watched this show in middle school.
I'm almost 30 now.

Last episode I remember was about a magic muffin that granted wishes that didn't have to follow DA RULES.

kewlmyc

Reading through this thread is painful. Show needed a bullet in the head a long time ago it seems.

And yeah, Channel Chasers was the shit and the perfect ending to the series.

Cepheus

I had no idea it was still going. I stopped watching before the baby or dog showed up, haven't thought about it in years. Also, damn at Spongebob being nearly 20 years old. I remember seeing the first film in the cinema.

deo

Banned
This way over due. It should have ended years ago because its been terrible for many years now. Channel Chasers is the ending for me

deo

Banned
Snarky❤;244618734 said:

...Trixie is in the 5th grade, dude. lol. And Ms. Claus is like 80

Richie

So...Was it the end indeed? How was it? Much as I stopped giving a damn about FOP eons ago, there'll always be a morbid curiosity for how shows who overstayed their welcome finally finished.

Oberon

Banned
And it only took 3 poochies to get introduced ( one which was literally a dog).
It should've ended after the TV special about channels. It was so perfect. But Alas Evil is defeated

number11

This show is still going? Makes me wonder what other shows from my childhood are still around

Edit: after some research they're still making Arthur episodes? What the hell

verdures

Haven't thought about this show since I saw that this existed way back when:
nrLySdF.jpg

Also there were 4 (or more) GBA games based on this show?? Hit me with some reviews, GAF. They look like shovelware platformers.
gvU3Xsg.png

Jocund

Haven't thought about this show since I saw that this existed way back when:
nrLySdF.jpg

Also there were 4 (or more) GBA games based on this show?? Hit me with some reviews, GAF. They look like shovelware platformers.
gvU3Xsg.png

There was also that Breakin' Da Rules game on ps2/xbox etc. I liked that one

Top Bottom