• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I forgot to mention the best part of Zetsuen - the action sequence! It contains pretty much everything you need from an action sequence: great pacing, believable physicality (despite the supernatural stunts the characters bodies move in a manner which suggests weight and presence) and the manner in which he doesn't 'fudge' hitting, blocking and countering - you can see every move because he doesn't just cut away to save money:

blasty.gif

You see the way he grabs her arm in the above? You don't just see him place his hands on her arm and then cut to gun flying out of her hand - they animate the whole movement. When she gets spun away you see that every aspect of her body: her arms, her hair etc are affected by the kinetic impact.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kannazuki no Miko - 12 [END]

Are you kidding me? I went through all of this shit just to get an
Angel Beats epilogue
? This is like Yami all over again where I have to watch a girl go through so much shit only
to have the love of her life taken away from her
because some person thought it would add emotion to the story. Souma was an uninteresting sack of shit that was nothing but an obstacle and the main source of Chikane's grief. Yet this bastard
made it out okay when in reality he should've been fucking dead after he was consumed by Orochi's influence
. But no, because of the writer's fantastic idea of having
the world reset when one of the priestesses die, that asshole is still there trying to knock boots with Himeko.

Fuck this show, fuck the person behind it, fuck everything. 2/10

t2j4m.gif

I'm tired of suffering. ;_;

Steroyd

He's not in ep2. Ep2 is about a girl. If the guy in a shounen manga is that dumb, what do you think the girl's story will be like?!

Wait wait wait, there are shows where the woman is the antidote to retardvitis, I shouldn't jump the gun.

But I do have a week to fortify my brain if she is somehow even dumber than the guy.

cajunator

Banned

Angel Beats epilogue
? This is like Yami all over again where I have to watch a girl go through so much shit only
because some person thought it would add emotion to the story. Souma was an uninteresting sack of shit that was nothing but an obstacle and the main source of Chikane's grief. Yet this bastard
made it out okay when in reality he should've been fucking dead after he was consumed by Orochi's influence
the world reset when one of the priestesses die, that asshole is still there trying to knock boots with Himeko.

t2j4m.gif

Oops. Forgot to tell you not to watch till the end.
Well, lesson learned I suppose.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Angel Beats epilogue

t2j4m.gif

But at least it had yuri~

Angel Beats epilogue

I like this idea of giving troll yuri recommendations.

sleepykyo

Angel Beats epilogue

t2j4m.gif

Did you watch all of it?

Himeko rejects Souma. Gets mounted by her roommate (but no kissing). And runs into Chikane's reincarnation

jbug617

Banned
Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 1

I like the what I'm seeing so far from the show. The actions scenes were great and the twist of Yoshino's girlfriend being
Mahiro's sister. When you first see her she acts coldly towards Yoshino. I hope that Yoshino will discover some powers of his own

SDBurton

Oops. Forgot to tell you not to watch till the end.
Well, lesson learned I suppose.

A little late!

But at least it had yuri~

If I knew how it was going to end I would've wished it didn't have any at all.

A 2 / 10 even though it had what you wanted? Thats rough.

The show really is atrocious. The only reason it even got a 2 was because of the yuri.

I like this idea of giving troll yuri recommendations.

I certainly don't!
I want my happy endings. ;_;

Poor SDBurton doesn't deserve so much suffering.

Brazil.. you're a true friend!

Did you watch all of it?

Himeko rejects Souma. Gets mounted by her roommate (but no kissing). And runs into Chikane's reincarnation

That's what my
Angel Beats reference was referring to.

The whole rejection thing didn't do shit for me, considering how it would've been easily spelled out if he just saw
the two of them being intimate with one another at school. But nope, Chikane had to be reincarnated instead. Smh.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BTOOOM 01

dNbpp.jpg

Clearly, this is the type innovation that Call of Duty needs.
*edit*Corrected impressions, I missed the scenes after the credits the first time around.

They did manage to capture how much of jerk the MC is pretty well, so my mistake for missing that. It's just an intro episode, but overall it felt pretty unremarkable. There was nothing there that screamed "WATCH THIS." I'm interested to see how the next episode goes. Does anyone know if the in game marriage even brought up in the beginning of the manga?

Zetsuen no Tempest 01
Holy shit that was -fucking awesome-

sleepykyo

The whole rejection thing didn't do shit for me, considering how it would've been easily spelled out if he just saw
the two of them being intimate with one another at school.

Haven't watched Angel Beats so I didn't get the reference. Still how he have seen them at school when
Himeko doesn't met Chikane 2.0 yet. Himeko was just apart for her high school years and her roommate was on it.

Anyway, poor Souma. He got
passed over for a rapist in the old world and passed over for an unformed dream in the new world. Save the world, get a cup of coffee for your troubles.

BTOOM 01
Wasn't a bad first episode, but I feel like it left a lot out from the manga intro. The MC was a complete asshole in the manga but they only had one little scene where he acted like a complete douche to his mother. Aside from skipping over that, the rest was alright. Overall it was pretty unremarkable. Does anyone know if the in game marriage even brought up in the beginning of the manga?

What was going on with his moms hands in that one scene they turned all green and stuff?

Not trying to be insulting, but have you seen any classic gundam shows? Like pre-Wing era? I once thought SEED was a "good" show, but then I watched Zeta, Turn A, the original MSG, etc. It's cool if SEED's your thing, but I can't even really call the original "good" anymore after seeing some of those other shows. It's on the same level as Wing to me. It's watchable, but not great.

As for doing something new in SEED, as long as we continue getting Gundam stuff I like, I don't mind. If we do get another SEED movie/show, I hope we have the Gundam the Origin anime/ova running at the same time. Even better if we got an adaptation of Crossbone or Sentinel. If a new SEED thing is all that's running at the time, I'll be a very sad Gundam fan.

Yeah. Haven't seen anything prior Wing. Tried to start original Gundam (four episodes) but haven't watched it for like a year. Maybe I watch movies sometime as I have heard they are actually better than series (like Destiny movies lol). Also I am part of that crowd that just loves everything that is entertaining despite that they may have some pretty big flaws. For example after I watched Cowboy Bebop I can definitely see why it's so critically aclaimed and I also liked it but I still enjoy something like Code Geass a lot more. Going by sales numbers there is a lot of people like me in every media industry lol.

BTOOM 01

Wasn't a bad first episode, but I feel like it left a lot out from the manga intro. The MC was a complete asshole in the manga but they only had one little scene where he acted like a complete douche to his mother. Aside from skipping over that, the rest was alright. Overall it was pretty unremarkable. Does anyone know if the in game marriage even brought up in the beginning of the manga?

The game marriage is definitely brought up in the manga. Maybe not right away though. Been a while since I read the first chapters.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What was going on with his moms hands in that one scene they turned all green and stuff?
No clue, sorry. I don't think they had that little effect in the manga, or I don't recall it. It's been a while though.
The game marriage is definitely brought up in the manga. Maybe not right away though. Been a while since I read the first chapters.
Ahh, okay. Thanks.

I made the mistake of not watching BTOOM after the credits, so I think I have the wrong impression.

SDBurton

Haven't watched Angel Beats so I didn't get the reference. Still how he have seen them at school when
Himeko doesn't met Chikane 2.0 yet. Himeko was just apart for her high school years and her roommate was on it.

Anyway, poor Souma. He got
passed over for a rapist in the old world and passed over for an unformed dream in the new world. Save the world, get a cup of coffee for your troubles.

Sorry I didn't explain it well previously. I was just giving an example of an alternate ending that could've happened if things were different.

On your second comment, screw Souma. I wish he died.

Necrovex

One Piece 230-233

I have a solid guess who the crew's shipwright will probably be,
the guy who thinks Nami is indecent.

I am feeling pretty bad about Merry, I recall so many fond memories of her. I already know that the Merry disappears, but I want to see how it happens. I'm expecting something epic in that regard.

And holy shit, Usopp, he has acquired some major rage at the very end of 233. He'll probably get thrashed around until the crew saves him. But damn, I am expecting some major developments from him during this arc. I can feel it!

Li Kao

Hmm sorry for the dumb question, but Jojo is indeed an anime adaptation from the beginning of the manga, right ?
I keep reading things like 'adaptation of the famous manga' or some posters speaking by arc's titles, but for a complete noob of the original material is it an adaptation from the start ?

I have the feeling reading your thoughts on the show that this is the case but with a little fast forward pace, is this it ? I don't have to watch any oav prior to that ?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hmm sorry for the dumb question, but Jojo is indeed an anime adaptation from the beginning of the manga, right ?
I keep reading things like 'adaptation of the famous manga' or some posters speaking by arc's titles, but for a complete noob of the original material is it an adaptation from the start ?

I have the feeling reading your thoughts on the show that this is the case but with a little fast forward pace, is this it ? I don't have to watch any oav prior to that ?

Yes, it starts from the very beginning of the very first part of the JoJo series, you don't need to watch or read anything else to follow the current anime series.

yami4ct

Yeah. Haven't seen anything prior Wing. Tried to start original Gundam (four episodes) but haven't watched it for like a year. Maybe I watch movies sometime as I have heard they are actually better than series (like Destiny movies lol). Also I am part of that crowd that just loves everything that is entertaining despite that they may have some pretty big flaws. For example after I watched Cowboy Bebop I can definitely see why it's so critically aclaimed and I also liked it but I still enjoy something like Code Geass a lot more. Going by sales numbers there is a lot of people like me in every media industry lol.

The movies for the original series vary. The movies for the original MSG are pretty good if I rember correctly. The zeta movies, on the other hand, are not so good. The original is still a great series, but is showing its age. Zeta is still absolutely amazing. Turn A is my personal favorite, but I think you need some experience with early Gundam to really "get" it. That show is amazing trolling for Gudam fans.

yami4ct

Yeah, cajun or kayos may have taken a loaded term like that and ran with it.
I've been so used to hearing the suits in the original series being called "white devil" that that connotation totally slipped my mind. Perhaps the term is meant as politcal commentary. Probably not.

The movies for the original series vary. The movies for the original MSG are pretty good if I rember correctly. The zeta movies, on the other hand, are not so good. The original is still a great series, but is showing its age. Zeta is still absolutely amazing. Turn A is my personal favorite, but I think you need some experience with early Gundam to really "get" it. That show is amazing trolling for Gudam fans.

Yeah. I really should try to watch the older Gundams. With older anime though it's just a bit more difficult for me to start the series as they are not as flashy as current anime. For example with Hokuto no Ken it took something like 20 episodes for me to get in but after that I loved the series. Have almost started Turn A couple of times as synopsis sounds so interesting but maybe I should watch the older ones first if that helps to get more enjoyment out of Turn A.

yami4ct

Yeah. I really should try to watch the older Gundams. With older anime though it's just a bit more difficult for me to start the series as they are not as flashy as current anime. For example with Hokuto no Ken it took something like 20 episodes for me to get in but after that I loved the series. Have almost started Turn A couple of times as synopsis sounds so interesting but maybe I should watch the older ones first if that helps to get more enjoyment out of Turn A.

For a few of they original series, MSG, Victory and Zeta in particular, they were specifically designed not to be flashy, even for the time. They are meant as a counter for the "super" robot shows at the time, which downplayed the realities of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom