• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

KllRf.gif

This show just keeps on giving.

And only one episode has aired.

fertygo

you're not cool if making joke of JoJo.
Three fairly recent examples of their work would be Episode 9 of The iDOLM@STER, Episode 18 of Penguin Drum, and Episode 9 of Mysterious Girlfriend X

edit: oh and the op for ninja tits lolololol

Those episode with them were usually one of the best in the series itself. Hence the hype. (explaining a bit to Articalys)

Yn-neko hates a JoJo

I can't figure out how you guys can even like it ironically. It's like people got together and defecated on a plate and took into a restaurant in order to convince people it was food. In an attempt to be apathetic, I can see how someone might watch to see just how deep this will go to the bottom.

you're not cool if making joke of JoJo.

Those episode with them were usually one of the best in the series itself. Hence the hype. (explaining a bit to Articalys)

Weirdly enough the biggest joke is...

Aww who am I kidding? This is the best series ever made!
My fingers and my eyes bleed ;_;

fertygo

I can't figure out how you guys can even like it ironically. It's like people got together and defecated on a plate and took into a restaurant in order to convince people it was food. In an attempt to be apathetic, I can see how someone might watch to see just how deep this will go to the bottom.
Because its actually have a Man and Villain on it.

The manga's legendary for a reason.

Its ok, I don't know how you like some stuff that you mentioning here either.
Maybe if you have shitty taste! Lolol.

Yamauchi SMELLS! He even admitted his last series was a failure because he SUCKED! :D

Well...

duckroll

Really? Is there any specific issue you have with it other than errr.... that vivid analogy?

Because its actually have a Man and Villain on it.

This Hanna-Barbera level shit? Please! The villain has about as much complexity as Skeletor and the show's animation isn't that far off either >_>

Really? Is there any specific issue you have with it other than errr.... that vivid analogy?

The main character is a bafoon and the "Villain" is predictable. I must be missing some back-story to the Jojo universe because I'm not getting it.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't seen JoJo yet but I tend to trust Animegafs opinion of whats good.
If they are enjoying it, its likely to have some redeeming values.

Reknoc

JoJo 1

Perfect. Getting though the boring stuff as fast as possible and making it enjoyable and still show what a massive cockface Dio is.

Can't wait for next week, Speedwagon swoon~ Considering how they used stills in this Speedwagon should be great.

I haven't seen JoJo yet but I tend to trust Animegafs opinion of whats good.
If they are enjoying it, its likely to have some redeeming values.

I'm not dropping it just yet but I'm not inlove with the style at all. I almost feel like the positive reactions are some inside joke :( I feel really confused but it's got little to do with the show oddly enough.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not dropping it just yet but I'm not inlove with the style at all. I almost feel like the positive reactions are some inside joke :( I feel really confused but it's got little to do with the show oddly enough.

Well it certainly looks fabulous, and animegaf likes fabulous art design. Ill have to give it a watch in about an hour.

JoJo 1

Perfect. Getting though the boring stuff as fast as possible and making it enjoyable and still show what a massive cockface Dio is.

Can't wait for next week, Speedwagon swoon~ Considering how they used stills in this Speedwagon should be great.

SPEEDWAGON YEEEEESSSSS

remz

Hmmm… So it's deliberately trying to be campy. That explains some of it. I’ll try to approach episode 2 with that in mind.

You didn't get the fact it's deliberately over the top when Dio backflipped out of his horse cart and this happened?

tumblr_mbgattJD8q1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

The series didn't even really get started this week, and it's foolish to judge the whole thing this early. It only gets better and better from here, and IMO despite my love for the source material, that was a damn strong and engaging first ep.

fertygo

The main character is a bafoon and the "Villain" is predictable. I must be missing some back-story to the Jojo universe because I'm not getting it.

and yet there is few villain that as iconic as Dio Brando.

Btw its from superhero comic, just like Fist of the North Star.. some muscular guy will pull crazy rambo shit left and right.

Many people like it because the old-school factor. Its seem you're more into these day type of anime, so its understandable you not like it.

Jex

Hmmm… So it's deliberately trying to be campy. That explains some of it. I’ll try to approach episode 2 with that in mind.

It doesn't feel like it's written to be deliberately 'camp' (whatever that means) rather it's written in such a manner that people feel that it's 'camp'. It's just a particular style of writing.

The somewhat angsty opening and setup isn't really why people love Jojo. If that episode is your first exposure to it, I can understand not seeing the appeal.

duckroll

Psycho-Pass ep credits:

Ep1
Script: Gen Urobuchi
Episode Director: Naoko Kusumi
Storyboard: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Animation Director: Yuuko Yahiro, Mio Araki, Tomitsu Genji

Ep2
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Makoto Fukami
Episode Director: Takayuki Hamana
Storyboard: Takayuki Hamana
Animation Director: Miyuki Nakamura

Ep3
Episode Director: Toshiyuki Kono
Storyboard: Toshiyuki Yahagi
Animation Director: Ryota Furukawa

Ep4
Episode Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
Storyboard: Itsuro Kawasaki
Animation Director: Toshiharu Murata

Ep5
Episode Director: Kaoru Suzuki
Storyboard: Soichi Masui
Animation Director: Yuji Hosogoe

Lots if regular IG staff and a bunch of SAC guys. Nothing particularly groundbreaking here, but I think they have a pretty stable team working on it. The director of ep1 is pretty interesting though...

Grzi

Will JoJo be the show to bring a bunch of new people to AnimeGAF?
Looks like it could happen.

I still need to watch the episode later today, I'm dying here, can't wait.

duckroll

It doesn't feel like it's written to be deliberately 'camp' (whatever that means) rather it's written in such a manner that people feel that it's 'camp'. It's just a particular style of writing.

This is pretty accurate. Jojo isnt parody. It's actual cheese. The fact that it's cheese isn't a knock against it because it does the larger-than-life aspects of the characters and story really well.

Jex

Will JoJo be the show to bring a bunch of new people to AnimeGAF?
Looks like it could happen.

I still need to watch the episode later today, I'm dying here, can't wait.

They've got their own thread! Heck, there was two threads for a little while.

and yet there is few villain that as iconic as Dio Brando.

Btw its from superhero comic, just like Fist of the North Star.. some muscular guy will pull crazy rambo shit left and right.

Many people like it because the old-school factor. Its seem you're more into these day type of anime, so its understandable you not like it.

My style of old-school resonates with things like Brother, Dear Brother and Cashern's Sin. I love me some Kenshiro too. This first episode just didn't hit me well.

The somewhat angsty opening and setup isn't really why people love Jojo. If that episode is your first exposure to it, I can understand not understand the appeal.

The time-skip they seem to be setting up for suggest a shift in focus. Perhaps with the perspective being offered by people here, there may still be hope for me with this series. A person certainly can't like everything but I'd like to at least be able to understand what others find appealing about it. I just can't remember the last time I had such a vitriolic reaction to an anime
(School Days but not because it was a bad series... I just hated the male lead)

Thanks for the feedback folks.

cajunator

Banned
My style of old-school resonates with things like Brother, Dear Brother and Cashern's Sin. I love me some Kenshiro too. This first episode just didn't hit me well.

The time-skip they seem to be setting up for suggest a shift in focus. Perhaps with the perspective being offered by people here, there may still be hope for me with this series. A person certainly can't like everything but I'd like to at least be able to understand what others find appealing about it. I just can't remember the last time I had such a vitriolic reaction to an anime
(School Days but not because it was a bad series... I just hated the male lead)

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Man I can't believe you don't like Makoto. Everyone in the show did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom