• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Soodanim

Gold Member
This is brilliant. For some reason I'd sort of forgotten that mods would come, and I was even thinking about the time when I'd give the game up. Now I'm reminded that it's only just starting.

Ragona

This map mod is awesome:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215/?
1215-0-1447818821.jpg

onken

I did read through the OP but didn't see it - is there a mod to show an items stats like weight & value without picking it up?

This may be a dumb question, but is there some type of mod or something out there that lets you hide the helmet? I wish it was an option in game.

Sadly, not yet. And it's kinda weird as I expected it'll be one of the first mods that come out for FO4.
I've been waiting for that mod as well.

I did read through the OP but didn't see it - is there a mod to show an items stats like weight & value without picking it up?

This one?
Value per Weight indicator for container UI

Are there any mods that increases the chance the raiders or any enemies to attack a settlement? Right now, I've only been attacked twice and setting up defenses is pretty useless.

Tankshell

Any mod yet that lets you place objects in settlements and then make them static/remove the physics? Really fed up with my bottles of beer falling off my shelves every time I renter my home because the collision physics spazzes out!

There was a mod for this in skyrim.

ldcommando

Banned
Question about the shadow mod. Let´s say I change the target fps to 60, should I change anything else or just leave like it is?

Älg

Question about the shadow mod. Let´s say I change the target fps to 60, should I change anything else or just leave like it is?

You can just leave it like it is, but the higher the framrate target, the shorter the shadow distance. If you don't want super short shadow draw distances you can of course increase the minimum value, but that'll probably bring you below 60 FPS at certain times.

Lanrutcon

Shadow Mod destroys my fps.

Look at city, drops a few fps...second it drops under the target it gets kicked to 30 fps immediately and stays there until I move character to look at something else.

No thanks.

is there a mod that shows all places of interest on the map that i havent visited yet? that is one perk from the previous games that is obviously missing or i cannot find it on the perk map :(

Älg

Look at city, drops a few fps...second it drops under the target it gets kicked to 30 fps immediately and stays there until I move character to look at something else.

No thanks.

The mod doesn't do that. That just sounds like v-sync or something.

Lanrutcon

Älg;186472187 said:
The mod doesn't do that. That just sounds like v-sync or something.

The mod is suppose to drop shadow distance once a threshold is breached. What happens in my case is that the threshold is breached, and whatever it does is actually messing my fps.

Removed the mod, things are back to normal.

RK9039

RK, thank you so much. Via PM I can check later when im home from work. Much apreciated

Edit: I CAN check, not cant lol. Stupid phone

No problem, and yes I think the Shadow mod is much more easier to install and tweak. You literally just download two things and place them in the main Fallout directory. Then you can tweak the settings by opening up the .ini file and adjusting min/max shadow draw distance and also your target FPS.

A lot of people are coming back with mixed results so I think it's worth checking out.

IceIpor

Is there a mod that lets you have Dogmeat and another Follower (or just two followers yet?)

Doubt there will be a mod like that until the toolkit is released, but there is a workaround for what you want through console commands.

www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1804/
Essentially all you have to do is type this into the console
(setconsolescopequest followers) then you type
(forcerefintoalias companion) and for the second one
(forcerefintoalias dogmeatcompanion) thats it i would make a bat file but couldn't get it to compile in game so this is the only way i know how to share this have fun!
Because the quest for followers only allow two aliases thats the current total limit for the game at least until the toolkit is released.
Also use this (setplayerteammate 1) to be able to trade with the npc.

There are also temp followers which can be turned into pretty much complete followers by starting their quest and then not finishing it and using setplayerteammate 1 to trade with them travis is an example of that currently I have 3 followers let me know of any other temp follower quests i would totally be interested!

Make sure to have the person you want recruited selected in the console before doing forcerefintoalias! You can select someone in the console by clicking on them with the console menu open! If you have selected the npc right it will say ep or pp beside the reference id in the console window!

Some npcs do not have the animation files to be able to follow so needless to say they will not work!

To remove the alias or companion in other words use ( emptyrefalias companion ) and ( emptyrefalias dogmeatcompanion ) after putting in
( setconsolescopequest followers ) but to be clear i have yet to test that command.

If your recruiting an npc who is in combat with you type ( tcai ) in the console then type ( setrelationshiprank player 4 ) and ( setplayerteammate 1 ) so he likes you and also will have the command menu. make sure to type tcai again after you are done recruiting him tcai stands for toggle combat ai so if you use it no one will fight use it again combat will be renabled.

Sometimes you have to disable and enable the npc in the console for it to start following you ! I recently got the prototype sentry bot at the robot disposal facility to follow me around!
Seems like it was planned at some point to allow dog + 1, but they scrapped it.

No thanks.
Same thing happens to me. I think I'm fine running 30-60 fps but with this mod, I was getting below 20 and had to remove the files.

I can't wait for the UI revamp mod that will inevitably replace the current UI for all PC, at least mouse and keyboard users. Good grief is the current inventory management an unnecessary pain in the ass. Just to have the ability to filter Aid items to healing items that do not add Rads would be a huge. Give me the ability to lock certain items so I can do a remove all but locked items option for me and my companion. The current UI is begging for dozens of ease of use options since it's about as barebones as you can get right now, on top of that, a whole lot of inconsistent and non-sensical button mappings.

Vintage

No thanks.

Had similar experience - this mod just gives me massive stutters. Will test more tonight.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Quick question about the shadow FPS mod.

I'd want to use it with a bit of overhead for ensure a smoother framerate. For example, I want to set the target FPS to 62fps, so that any fluctuations don't give a stuttery 60fps.

The problem is that I will also be framecapping it at 60fps. Will this basically just turn my shadows all the way down the entire time, or will it adjust to what would be necessary for 62fps, even though the game is staying locked at 60?

I hope someone makes a mod that lets me make a supply chain without the perk. I really don't want to invest 7 level-ups into it (I only started with 1 cha)

You can use console commands to just give yourself those perks. That's what I did. It seemed dumb to require the perk just to build crafting stations.

Don't know if you saw, but they called you out. Found it hilarious.
Lol. I'm glad the author saw my comment. Now it's not just pepper, he added some salt :p

But no, I didn't see that. I never used that mod for Skyrim and have no plans to use it in Fallout. Adding noise to textures does not more detail make.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That does look much better. Also gives purpose to the flashlight besides when it is absolutely pitch black.

doomquake

@dynamic shadows:

Is the ENB Boost better at doing dynamic shadows than the dedicated mod?

@indoor lighting: Looks awesome! gonna try it out thanks.

@camera mods: Where is the isometric mod? Are there camera commands for the console?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone help me with NMM? I installed it, I see the mods in the list I want and check them, press launch fallout 4 but the mods dont seem to be working?

its these 2 mods to add shit to building, and there are no items in the crafting menu :/

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mo...eview=&pUp=1

Help oh wise ones! :(

No problem, and yes I think the Shadow mod is much more easier to install and tweak. You literally just download two things and place them in the main Fallout directory. Then you can tweak the settings by opening up the .ini file and adjusting min/max shadow draw distance and also your target FPS.

A lot of people are coming back with mix results so I think it's worth checking out.

this one is working and its a godsend. Now my stupidly big (as in in game realestate from stuff used, not necessarely size wise...although I use all the area so I guess also size wise lol) only drops to 50s, sometimes 45. Still noticiable but certainly not jarring like when it was to 30s

Looks promising:

I kinda like the look of that.... but I have a feeling the game was built with that in mind. You're probably going to walk into a building in Diamond City that's supposed to be well-lit and populated with a lot of people, but it's going to be damn near pitch black.

Venfayth

I kinda like the look of that.... but I have a feeling the game was built with that in mind. You're probably going to walk into a building in Diamond City that's supposed to be well-lit and populated with a lot of people, but it's going to be damn near pitch black.

Yeah, it's too dark. It 'looks better' in photos but every time I play with lighting adjustment mods it just is not good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok got my mods to work, aparently you need to alter some fallout.ini files in your documents before using NMM. I guess thats common information for everyone except...people that never modded before :p

oh man all these new options, this is amazing. And makes me wonder why A LOT of thse arent available from the start like fucking fridges and stoves

Damn, the dynamic shadow performance mod works wonders. I can definitely see the inferior shadow draw distance at times, but I was having dips into the 40's and a few times into the bottom of the 30's and now with the mod installed I haven't dipped below 50 in the heavy hitting areas.

Damn, the dynamic shadow performance mod works wonders. I can definitely see the inferior shadow draw distance at times, but I was having dips into the 40's and a few times into the bottom of the 30's and now with the mod installed I haven't dipped below 50 in the heavy hitting areas.

For me, I get the dips to low framerates, but then the mod kicks in and fixes it. Feels like it takes a second to respond, but it has helped.

MUnited83

For you.
ok got my mods to work, aparently you need to alter some fallout.ini files in your documents before using NMM. I guess thats common information for everyone except...people that never modded before :p

oh man all these new options, this is amazing. And makes me wonder why A LOT of thse arent available from the start like fucking fridges and stoves

I think it's quite obvious why, Bethesda cleary stopped caring about the Settlements feature along the way, which is why it feels so tacked on and pointless.

Steel

Banned

NMM automatically enables mods for other bethesda games, in fairness. That being said, there should have been an error message when you tried to enable the mods without the ini edits that showed you a tutorial link.

Regarding the Shadow Boost Mod...

From ENB creator:
Well, Alexander gave up with the mod, too many stupidity in comments everywhere, players are brainless with the ai of Fallout 4 characters. They have crashes with the ShadowBoost uninstalled, crashes with it, they call it useless because can't get 60 fps all the time, russians of course trolls #1 with only posts about dick and asses. I will not waste any more time trying to fix real issues, may be Alex will make update with external speed factor for shadow distance manipulation, but i'm quit helping with this.

Fuck, they never fixed the issue with using fps limiters...

edit: For anybody who doesn't know, the mod was a collab between ENB creator and a guy named Alexander Blade.

Regarding the Shadow Boost Mod:

Fuck, they never fixed the issue with using fps limiters...

edit: For anybody who doesn't know, the mod was a collab between ENB creator and a guy named Alexander.

Is that a quote from Boris? Because that guy's always been a Grade A cunt. Homophobe too for good measure.

Top Bottom