• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 next gen update out April 25th also PC ultrawide and more

bender

What time is it?
I heard that this game is good in the current year.
la-noire-subtle.gif

I heard that this game is good in the current year.
It's like CP2077. In a much better state but still buggy.

If you could make it through New Vegas (still the buggiest Fallout game to this day), then there's no real reason you shouldn't have fun with 76. Just play it like any other Fallout and ignore other players until you feel ready to start participating in multiplayer events.

How is the performance on PS4? Played it on release and especially the Harbor-DLC was so bad :(
Sold the disc, but just took the bullet and bought the GOTY edition for 9,99€

Yes, I actually liked the game.
Pretty bad at the moment on PS4 (or PS5 backwards), as mentioned by someone else, the game crashes almost immediately when you try to play it, if you have certain DLC installed. Doesn't even pass the first Bethesda logo and hard crashes to desktop. There's reports of missing textures or big pink glowy areas where those textures are missing in game too

Which is strange as it was working fine up until recently? Last update was version 1.16 which is from 6 years ago

Last edited:
I fired up FO4 GOTY edition to prepare for the update...

Noped out of that shit in bout 15 mins. That damn Garvey was insufferable.

Will try again after the update actually drops.

Can anyone tell me - if I have mods and an ENB, but I just started my playthrough, should I just wait until this releases and then reset all my mods? New to how this works
If you want to do a big, clean playthrough with these mods, I would wait till after it drops and see which mods get updated. If you don't give a F about the update, play away. I'm holding off for a few days, personally.

FO3 is supposedly getting an enhanced remaster in the next year or two. But it's playable in 4K/60 right now on SX too, if you have one. Or 1440p/60 on Series S.

That game is pretty old in terms of mechanics and gameplay by now. Not sure how just a light remaster could fix those things, although obviously it is an incredible game.

xrnzaaas

A 60fps performance mode for a 2015 game, yep that's Bethesda. And knowing them it's still going to be highly unstable 60 fps.

Dazraell

FYI Fallout 4 already works fine on Steam Deck, in fact it’s in the top 50 most played games on it.

I think the only change is there will be an official Deck performance profile, which is always nice.
I know, I played a lot of unsupported games on Steam Deck just fine. I was referring to being relieved that this update will bring official support as this imply patch may not bork anything performance-wise, which is my main concern

-BLITZ-

Well, it's already been two days since it was finally brought back to GeForce Now. I've been playing it for two days, and it's really stable, it moves very well, I have no problems. I waited nine years to play it. So this update comes perfectly on time. :messenger_smiling: :messenger_smiling_hearts:

King Dazzar

Maybe we are looking at this wrong and quality mode is 4k and performance mode is 1440p 120
I hope you're right. But likely not as the engine never used to handle anything above 60fps without issues. I'm split between two scenarios. With one they will max grass density etc and lock performance to a lower res and 60fps. And the other 4k 30fps. Or both modes are 60fps, with different settings and one locks and the other has occasional drops.

It would be great if they added HDR. Not only for PS5, but I reckon there's a chance the auto HDR option is removed in the new version for XSX too.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Fallout 3 remaster was on their list to remaster, so that might happen, but i don't think Bethesda will remaster New Vegas,, they have never liked NV and still don't judging by the end of the TV show, that makes no sense to me, i'm a big fan of all the 3D single player Fallout's, i would want a New Vegas remaster the most, i just can't see it happening.

Nihilum

They've made us wait this long on PC just for ultrawide? No engine changes from 76 where they solved uncapped frame rates. No DLSS / FSR??
This is the laziest shit ever.

NeonDelta

I was just triggered because i probably have to delete the ps plus game and reinstall the purchased game
I’m still annoyed that I have to use my disc to get my save games to work, if I install my digital copy the saves don’t show up, it’s been like this forever.

I’m still annoyed that I have to use my disc to get my save games to work, if I install my digital copy the saves don’t show up, it’s been like this forever.
I downloaded my saves from the cloud from 2015 and then the game had no weapon sounds or voices so i found some info and was instruced to delete “controlls” and “settings” from the save files, and that fixed the issue

Methos#1975

Any word on if these will have their own achievements / trophies lost. I plat it on PS4 but wouldn't mind doing it again on PS5 if it's a new list.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Any word on if these will have their own achievements / trophies lost. I plat it on PS4 but wouldn't mind doing it again on PS5 if it's a new list.

If it is a "PS5" release, it will 100% have a new list. You can't share lists between the two, but if you have it completed on PS4 sometimes it will auto populate those lists and unlock again on PS5.

Laptop1991

never heard of this Fallout London Mod, does it looks promising or more specifically why should i be excited about it?
Its a complete game set in London set in the Fallout world, its the size of Fallout 4 and Far Harbor combined and its free on PC, so if you want to play a Fallout game set in London you can, ohh and Mansoor im not triggered lol, just posting news. Other posters know about it in this thread

Last edited:

Denton

Imagine working on something for 4 hours and finally having a release date and then...getting fucked by a patch for 9 year old game because it breaks mods and mod tools.

Really hope the modders will be able to resolve the issues quickly, I was looking forward to London.

King Dazzar

Imagine working on something for 4 hours and finally having a release date and then...getting fucked by a patch for 9 year old game because it breaks mods and mod tools.

Really hope the modders will be able to resolve the issues quickly, I was looking forward to London.
I would think the significant changes to code are primarily the change on console to bring us current gen native application. With PC it sounds like some specific bug fixes, rather than say moving Skyrim from 32bit to 64bit. So whilst it may impact some mods, you'd hope many wont need much if any rework. But hey this is Bethesda...

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

To be fair, they say in the video that they don't know for sure if it'll break and mod compatibility.

That's why they're delaying the launch so they can test it.

What's the best way to determine why I am crashing? i.e. which mod?

I followed a step by step guide and then used LOOT to sort etc. Is there anything that might be screaming at me as to what the problem is?

I am at the start and created my character. I went through the intro and the NUKE just went off and as soon as I start running up the hill to the bunker it crashes

Here's an image of my LOOT
UaMWNNc.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Downloaded the full game + all DLC + 60 FPS and a couple of other mods like the full dialogue, on Series X in advance, just in case the official update is fucked, lol.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

What's the best way to determine why I am crashing? i.e. which mod?

I followed a step by step guide and then used LOOT to sort etc. Is there anything that might be screaming at me as to what the problem is?

I am at the start and created my character. I went through the intro and the NUKE just went off and as soon as I start running up the hill to the bunker it crashes

Here's an image of my LOOT
UaMWNNc.png
Try turning off "weapon debris" in the advanced settings. I don't have any mods but I was crashing constantly as well before turning it off.

TVexperto

Its a complete game set in London set in the Fallout world, its the size of Fallout 4 and Far Harbor combined and its free on PC, so if you want to play a Fallout game set in London you can, ohh and Mansoor im not triggered lol, just posting news. Other posters know about it in this thread
What are the chances of Bethesda banning this mod?

Top Bottom