• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 next gen update out April 25th also PC ultrawide and more

FunkMiller

Isn't it at 5pm UK time?

You're absolutely right (y)

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

Last edited:

AJBungah

Neo Member
Can confirm it's up on PS5 as well. 56GB download. I'm in the UK for reference.

Edit: the 56GB doesn't include any of the DLC which still need to be downloaded separately it seems.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If you think about it, MS' incompetence is also one of the reasons PC has become more relevant. MS had to create Gamepass and then put their exclusive games on PC day 1 through Gamepass PC...which led to Sony eventually putting their exclusive games also on PC (though not day one). If anything the PC crowd should be grateful that MS (and to some extent Sony) has been incompetent these last several years.

We should be grateful Microsoft bought up all of the franchises that started on PC, and are still letting us have them?

keraj37

Can confirm it's up on PS5 as well. 56GB download. I'm in the UK for reference.

Edit: the 56GB doesn't include any of the DLC which still need to be downloaded separately it seems.
I started upgrading with the DLCs on my XSX, but heck, 56GB, I didn't expect it - they had to also upgrade textures.
The DLCs are like 2GB each from what I see.

AJBungah

Neo Member
I'm now in the slightly awkward position of having Fallout 4 PS4 version installed and this one downloading. I assume I'll be okay to delete the PS4 version. I'm running off a disc copy though. It's all strange.

Regginator

Is there also going to be a PS5 patch for the PS4 version? Or exclusively a native current-gen version? Playing the last-gen version on a current-gen system could yield some better gains than playing the native current-gen version, like how that was the case for Elden Ring.

AJBungah

Neo Member
Is it a PS5 update or a PS4 update? I'm on now and it's just updating the PS4 version, but when I go to the see product in the store, there is a PS5 version... but you have to pay £15.99.
I went to "View Product" from the home screen for the game and the first thing was a Free PS5 upgrade. Do you own the game? I don't think you can upgrade a PS Plus copy for example.

Is there also going to be a PS5 patch for the PS4 version? Or exclusively a native current-gen version? Playing the last-gen version on a current-gen system could yield some better gains than playing the native current-gen version, like how that was the case for Elden Ring.
It's only giving me a PS4 update. But when you go into the store, there is a PS5/PS4 version.... but you have to pay £15.99.

I went to "View Product" from the home screen for the game and the first thing was a Free PS5 upgrade. Do you own the game? I don't think you can upgrade a PS Plus copy for example.
Yeah, I don't own it. I assumed it would have been a free PS5 upgrade no matter what. Kinda misleading from Bethesda.

Zheph

I'm now in the slightly awkward position of having Fallout 4 PS4 version installed and this one downloading. I assume I'll be okay to delete the PS4 version. I'm running off a disc copy though. It's all strange.
yeah you can delete the PS4 version

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Seems like it doesn't work with the PS+ offering

Fantastic.

The PS4 disc will just do authentication now, you have the updated version. Safe to delete the PS4 installation now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hopefully I can sit down, hit Play and have Fallout 4 work properly.

They’ve definitely got some bugs to iron out, and bring the PC version up to modern times.

Laptop1991

i bought the GOG version of Fallout 4 to test the update out on, so it doesn't break my steam modded Fallout 4, but i'm not expecting much really for PC, infact playing Vanilla without mods will probably just be annoying without the mods i'm use to, but it means the Fallout London team can start work on it as i'll use the GOG version for that as well, i'll give vanilla a go though, i haven't done that since 2015!.

Last edited:

AJBungah

Neo Member
Yeah, I don't own it. I assumed it would have been a free PS5 upgrade no matter what. Kinda misleading from Bethesda.
Does seem shitty to put the game on PS Plus and deny the upgrade. Do you have a disc version of PS5? You can get the GOTY version with all the DLC dirt cheap second hand.

Thaedolus

The show has me interested in trying again, I only played for a few hours when it came out…Starfield made me feel like a Bethesda RPG may be more of a chore for me these days though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
can someone confirm that the ps5 upgrade is not available for PS4 PS PLUS version?

Last edited:

Mephisto40

I own this game through the PS+ monthly games, and it's telling me I need to pay £15.99 to be able to play the PS5 version

Zjk4fVV.png

Gonna be wild to see about not only new eyes playing this game, but older eyes experiencing it again in a post Starfield world 😆

Calling it now

Gonna be a lot of

“This is better than I remember”

Wouldn't be surprised. Even though I never beat it because my main quest got bugged and I couldn't continue I still enjoyed it. Just not as much as NV. Which I think was the real issue everyone had.

AJBungah

Neo Member
can someone confirm that the ps5 upgrade is not available for PS4 PS PLUS version?
Can't confirm for sure but at least one guy above can't use the PS Plus version. I do believe you have to own the game rather than through subscription.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Can't confirm for sure but at least one guy above can't use the PS Plus version. I do believe you have to own the game rather than through subscription.
ic, hopefully its just a bug, but i doubt it.
Luckily i have my physical GOTY copy.

I should have bought the digital GOTY when its on discount last week facepalm, thoughtt the PS Plus version could work

Last edited:
I'm really hoping this isn't an Outer Worlds Spacers Choice Edition style update that makes things look slightly better but runs like a piece of shit on PC.

I just remembered I have the PS4 disc version and I am downloading the PS5 version free of charge, but when I download the DLC, it's only coming up as PS4 to me.

FUBARx89

I just remembered I have the PS4 disc version and I am downloading the PS5 version free of charge, but when I download the DLC, it's only coming up as PS4 to me.

It downloads both. Go into your ps5 ver of FO4 downloading and you'll see all the dlc there.

Just cancel the ps4 versions.

AJBungah

Neo Member
I found the DLC listed at the bottom of the home screen for the game. The right ones say PS5/PS4 as the version I believe.

Sethbacca

You have to upgrade the ps5 version of each DLC individually. I just had to go into each of them and click add to library and then it downloaded them with the ps5 upgrade for fallout 4 when i threw my disc in.

Top Bottom