• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

dity

But thats the part where its most important!

You keep staying in character and all the goons freak out and run and you just kill the boss quickly

I'd always have the boss guy end up shooting him in the back of the head *by accident* so I went with the charisma route so that he tried to kill me first.

Jintor

by the way, improved radio guy is miles less entertaining than schizophrenic not-confident radio guy

i want my old radio guy back.

Vex_

Banned
Oh man. The mobster fight in this one area is pretty cool. Getting a mafia vibe from this section.

Lol, my charisma comes through for me again (and mama Murphy's predictions are incredibly accurate).

McBryBry

Have to share the moment I just had. I finished doing some Brotherhood "Get this" quest. As I"m leaving the building, I hear a vertibird, so I follow. it Takes me to a tower FILLED with mutants. They just start raining hell on me and Nick. I hide behind something, the vertibird is unloading, but a legendary mutant isn't making things easier.

Enter Power Armorer touting a Fat Man. That legendary was done in seconds. So I rushed the building and was wiping them out alongside the vertibird. The moment all together felt so good.

julrik

Something weird happened.

I downloaded ReShade a couple of days ago, because I wanted to use Lumasharpen to make the IQ a little more crisp. It worked just as it should, but I decided to remove it, to get back the lost frames. Deleted the ReShade files in the directory, and restarted the game, but now the FPS was suddenly much worse. Like constant 45 FPS, whereas I had a locked 60 most of the time before. Anyone know what could have caused this? Deleted dxgi.dll, ReShade.fx and one more file I can't remember. Basically a text file, which looked like some sort of long log, with plenty of dates, etc. First time I've tried ReShade, and I'm still new to PC gaming in general. Did I remove a file I shouldn't have?

Anyways; decided to uninstall the game, delete the ReShade folder, download the newest driver, and reinstall the game, but this time to the SSD. Hopefully it will play nicely again.

Xeteh

Anyone have any experience using Pain Train? Thinking of pumping strength to unlock it, playing a shotgun centered build and I'm feeling like I have a lot of free Perks to make use of.

Can someone please confirm to me a certain faction related companions relationship progress.

Does x6-88 require me to complete mass fusion before I can max him and get his perk? Luckily, Danse was before that point, but now I'm worried I'm wasting my time getting X to like me when I have no plans to go the institute route. I only have precious few areas left unexplored.

Edit: wow, my next computer hack made him idolize me. Question answered when all I had to do was play 4 more minutes

Radio dude is still in a direct line of fire from their boss though. One pop and he's dead. Happened twice.
it actually took me quite a few tries to pull it off. In the end I ended up using a jet right away and went to town on his face with powerful laser rifle I had. I mean like using the jet and start shooting before I let any dialog choices appear. That shit was hard to save him. My charisma is ass.

Im working on my charisma now though because I need that perk to set up supply lines. My base building is going too slow.

Did anyone else experience the bug where MacCreadys perk gives you 95% accuracy on head shots at max vats distance?

The description says + 20%, but since I got that perk, I have basically broken the game. I assume it has to be that perk, because I have nothing else that effects headshots and I noticed it right after I got it. Like, I can suppressor snipe from a mile away and always have 95% head shot when every other body part is single digits. With penetrator, I have become a god.

I had to bump up the difficulty twice. I'm kind of glad I got that because it means I can commando places instead of going for the sneak attacks my next character will be entirely based on so I'm not getting the same experience twice when I replay

Tainted

Finished the main story @ lvl 36. 67hrs played (so far).

Major spoilers:

A bit bummed I didnt persevere with the sidequests before concentrating back on the main quest....seeing as though they make you wipe out the other 2 factions along with their sidequests depending on who you choose to side with.

I don't think I've finished with the Boston wasteland yet though....not by a longshot. Looooove this game :)

danowat

Banned
Possible spoilers ahead.......

So I assume that most of diamond city, and Piper, are a bit concerned about the synth threat?, ok, so why does Piper dislike any conversations that I have that are negative about synths? and yet likes the ones that are sympathetic to the synths?, doesn't make sense, or am I missing something?

Also, who has still got your wedding rings?!

Two Words

I love how there is a place that you can turn into a settlement that already has solid walls and turrets all around, but the defense is considered 0.

Carcetti

Radio dude is still in a direct line of fire from their boss though. One pop and he's dead. Happened twice.

When I did it, let's just say that the boss guy wasn't prepared for a silver shroud with legendary +50% limb damage fully boosted gauss cannon on psycho and a stored crit.

Jintor

my damage output is super low even with tinkering with guns and stuff... not sure what I need to do to up it.

It's not undoable but when my laser takes like 20 shots to down a level 10 I feel kinda discouraged.

It's also probably time to get rid of some of my early legendary gear... or at least strip them for parts.

I love how there is a place that you can turn into a settlement that already has solid walls and turrets all around, but the defense is considered 0.
hat's because they're not yours. Assuming you're talking about the place where you have to do a test to get entrance
Concord
then when I put new turrets up they decided to shoot each other. Also because I killed everyone (self-defence) everything I touch becomes stolen. Annoting.

danowat

Banned
my damage output is super low even with tinkering with guns and stuff... not sure what I need to do to up it.

It's not undoable but when my laser takes like 20 shots to down a level 10 I feel kinda discouraged.

It's also probably time to get rid of some of my early legendary gear... or at least strip them for parts.

Are you investing in perks for the weapons you are using?

I went with handguns, and the associated perks, and something like the .44 revolver with a few mods pretty much single shots anything.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wish there was a mod to stop lower level enemies spawning.

I am tired of getting legendary pipes and wrenches.
I don't know, I kinda want to run around the wasteland beating goons with my new Lucky Rolling Pin just for shits and giggles.

Seyavesh

EPQ3FH6.gif

i hope there's a mod that replaces the power armor entrance animation with this
just teleport me in and play this thing, i don't care about the whole iron man shtick

Jintor

Are you investing in perks for the weapons you are using?

I went with handguns, and the associated perks, and something like the .44 revolver with a few mods pretty much single shots anything.

ah, that's probably the problem, I went super into crafting and charisma and that kinda stuff. Guess I should just pump stuff into bloody mess or something. (I use a lot of different weapons depending on what ammo type I have most of at any given moment)

painey

at the point of no return and conflicted if I should play through 'legit' and after I beat the game go back and do the other branch, or vice versa. I worry that doing the 'non-canon' branch will still give me similar enough missions so that my legit faction run is spoiled. This is why I hate linear branching games, argh!

danowat

Banned
ah, that's probably the problem, I went super into crafting and charisma and that kinda stuff. Guess I should just pump stuff into bloody mess or something. (I use a lot of different weapons depending on what ammo type I have most of at any given moment)

Even the first level of a gun perk (+20%) is a significant increase in damage, might be wise to specialize in a couple of weapon types,and use the ones that have different ammo requirements.

Boss Man

at the point of no return and conflicted if I should play through 'legit' and after I beat the game go back and do the other branch, or vice versa. I worry that doing the 'non-canon' branch will still give me similar enough missions so that my legit faction run is spoiled. This is why I hate linear branching games, argh!
Which path is "legit"?

Lanrutcon

There are 5 types of weapons: automatic, single shot, pistol, heavy and explosive. Every weapon only falls into one of the types. Pick one, and take the associated perk. It's a lot of extra damage. Just one of those perks covers a range of weapons, for example: the rifleman perk gives 20% extra damage per rank to single shot weapons. So that one perk covers double barrel shotguns, combat shotguns, hunting rifles, sniper rifles, sniper combat rifles and semi-auto assault rifles. There's probably a few more I'm forgetting right now.

Elessar90

Neo Member
Maybe a little stupid question on my end, but for those who finished the game and/or know how the main quest line goes: is this quest path legit? They say something about some quests closing the possibility to work further with other factions, I wonder when that actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom