• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Aces&Eights

So i hacked the Master terminal in the bank outside of Diamond City and i got tons of ammo, great. But also plenty of spare handguns and stuff now. I'd rather just sell these for caps but so far these traders don't have an awful lot to spend. Does this ever change? Otherwise i might as well just scrap those guns, right?

I scrap all guns because screws are a rare commodity. Also, for low money holding vendors, I buy a bunch of stuff first then sell all the ammo I don't use and get all my money back. I'm level 33, about 35 hours in and have 999+ on .50, .45 and shotgun shells. Also have about 75 stims and 100 radaways and I hadn't bought one stim/rad as I find them all over.

I also found some gold bars in that bank. Should i just sell them or put them in the workbench?

I scrap all guns because screws are a rare commodity. Also, for low money holding vendors, I buy a bunch of stuff first then sell all the ammo I don't use and get all my money back. I'm level 33, about 35 hours in and have 999+ on .50, .45 and shotgun shells. Also have about 75 stims and 100 radaways and I hadn't bought one stim/rad as I find them all over.

That's a good tip actually. I might do that too. I bet i have plenty of ammo i dont use.

N° 2048

I also found some gold bars in that bank. Should i just sell them or put them in the workbench?

That's a good tip actually. I might do that too. I bet i have plenty of ammo i dont use.

I find I need Gold for some weapon mods so I put any of it in the workbench. Don't know what else it's used for actually... Hmmm

But yea screws are rare...

And the ammo sell tip is so useful... I almost always break even when buying stuff due to excess ammo.

I find I need Gold for some weapon mods so I put any of it in the workbench. Don't know what else it's used for actually... Hmmm

But yea screws are rare...

And the ammo sell tip is so useful... I almost always break even when buying stuff due to excess ammo.

Yeah, but i always find myself carrying so much different guns, cause i'm like...';well....i might need them on my travels'' lol, when i really don't need every single gun on me. I have the same with ammo now. There's ammo for guns i don't have..yet i'm like...''but what if i pick the gun up during my travels?'' haha. Ah well.

By the way,i have a shitload of pre-war money stacks now, i wanted to make a funny screenshot of my character sitting at the table with the huge load of stacks on the table. So i tried dropping them all, but instead of seperate stacks, it's just one stack saying (331), the amount. It's strange cause i did see a picture of exactly that, i guess PC mods.

N° 2048

Yeah, but i always find myself carrying so much different guns, cause i'm like...';well....i might need them on my travels'' lol, when i really don't need every single gun on me. I have the same with ammo now. There's ammo for guns i don't have..yet i'm like...''but what if i pick the gun up during my travels?'' haha. Ah well.

By the way,i have a shitload of pre-war money stacks now, i wanted to make a funny screenshot of my character sitting at the table with the huge load of stacks on the table. So i tried dropping them all, but instead of seperate stacks, it's just one stack saying (331), the amount. It's strange cause i did see a picture of exactly that, i guess PC mods.

Just make some containers in your settlement (my personal base is Red Rocket and shops/settlers go to Starlight Drive-In)

I have a chest for guns, one for ammo, one for armor, extra Aid, etc.

Stuff in containers don't disappear if they are in a settlement. 70+ hours and everything is still there. I've hoarded a lot. Comes in handy when I need to free some weight but have mini-guns, fat mans, etc accessible any time. Just have to travel to my settlement.

Just make some containers in your settlement (my personal base is Red Rocket and shops/settlers go to Starlight Drive-In)

I have a chest for guns, one for ammo, one for armor, extra Aid, etc.

Stuff in containers don't disappear, especially if they are in a settlement. 70+ hours and everything is still there.

Good idea. I keep putting it all into those benches at Sanctuary, but how much more until it starts to lose things? Can definitely see that happening. I am about to buy a place in DC, so i'll make some containers there. Oh wait....that's probably not possible.

Aces&Eights

I did the "what if I need a backup gun" for a while but I never found that I ever used them so I just put them in the station at sanctuary. I have my, misslelauncher, sniper rifle, overseers guardian, shotgun and pistol. All in my hot keys. I have yet to need to go back and pick up the "backup" gun. My overseers is .45, sniper is .50 and pistol is 10mm. All the .44, .308, 5.56 and 5mm I sell now and make great money from it.

Steel

Banned

You need to drop them one at a time, or else they'll all be put in one stack.

velcry

Oh god, I encountered the
Preston Garvey
bug where you can't get the dialog option for that person to rejoin you as a companion after killing the
Mirelurk Queen

Fortunately, I realised it in time and rolled back to an earlier save when I had just
restored power to the radio tower in the Castle

Even then though, I could not reliably get the dialog option to come up. The very first time it did, but the subsequent 20 tries, it didn't.

I eventually found this to work for me:
walk up to him, and allow him to automatically talk to and congratulate you. The Taking Independence quest should clear, and he will also discuss the other settlements which need your help. Crucially, don't press anything to hasten the conversation. The moment there is a lull in his speech, and his weapon is holstered, talk to him, and the dialog option should pop normally. Any deviation from that causes the bug to occur.

Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Jesus fucking Christ I hope they patch that piece of shit trophy/achievement Benevolent Leader. It's one of the ,oust confusing pointless and time wasting garbage I have ever seen.

Holy fuck I have been sitting at 93 happiness for hours now and it will not fucking move.

I have been trying this now at Arturo's store in DC, but i can't deny that i don't fully understand it yet. I've never been good at these things, haha. Ok here goes:

At the moment i really don't have that much caps, i have 2576 caps. So i go to Arturo and i bought some armor pieces, for in total like 2000 caps or so. So i got 576 caps left. I then sell all my .38 ammo and that's worth 1332 caps, At this point Arturo only has 719 caps left, do i now sell more ammo that i don't use to him until he has no caps left? And then i buy items from him again? Is that how it works? Like i said i've always sucked at these things, no ashamed to admit it.

N° 2048

I have been trying this now at Arturo's store in DC, but i can't deny that i don't fully understand it yet. I've never been good at these things, haha. Ok here goes:

At the moment i really don't have that much caps, i have 2576 caps. So i go to Arturo and i bought some armor pieces, for in total like 2000 caps or so. So i got 576 caps left. I then sell all my .38 ammo and that's worth 1332 caps, At this point Arturo only has 719 caps left, do i now sell more ammo that i don't use to him until he has no caps left? And then i buy items from him again? Is that how it works? Like i said i've always sucked at these things, no ashamed to admit it.

I break even them empty them out to 0 caps if I can make a profit. 24 in game hours and they restock and get more caps.

I don't know if vendors caps keep stacking but I don't think so.

johnsmith

remember me
Is there a list of songs Bethesda created for the fallout universe? Not all of these are classics form the 40s/50s right?
I asked the same thing. They're all legit old songs. Though Crawl Out Through the Fallout is from a novelty album from 1960.

I break even them empty them out to 0 caps if I can make a profit. 24 in game hours and they restock and get more caps.

I don't know if vendors caps keep stacking but I don't think so.

Ok thanks man.

By the way i just found something out...maybe this is know, but i did not know it. Let's say you have like 1000 ammo for a certain gun and you only want to keep a bit of it,..it takes WAAAAAY too fucking slow to get to like...50 or so for example, but you can speed up the bar by tapping LB. Awesome.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just wished the settlement building served a meaningful in game purpose.

I'd much rather them have scraped (or at least simplified it)and devoted the effort and resources used for that for some more sidequests.

I really wish I would have had Shadowplay running when I made someone explode by fucking suplexing them.

Speaking of that, I've noticed you perform special actions once an enemy gets to one-hit kill status. How did you get the suplex kill? So far I've only seen two: crazy punching combo via VATS and R2 bashing that ends with a one-two hit with the butt of the gun you are holding. I'm guessing they are all random or tied to different perks?

sappyday

I wish you can name your settlers.

Also the workshop mechanic is so inconsistent. In Sanctuary I can scrap broken down houses but in other areas houses that are completely shit I can't or even shacks that look to be build from the tools can't be scrapped. Sometimes it won't even let me scrap items that obviously should be scrapped like a floating ladder or refrigerates/trees.

Too bad i can't buy shit with it :)

CABAxPW.jpg

Kamina777

Banned

I'd much rather them have scraped (or at least simplified it)and devoted the effort and resources used for that for some more sidequests.
You don't have to build on every settlement you find, choose one place you like, build it up create a beacon yo invite settlers and use that place to store junk and apply weapon and armor mods exclusively so you're not carrying junk all the time..then come back to the question again. Honestly; What purpose is creating a melee only build or killing every important faction leader on sight? If its fun, do it, a lot of people are going bananas with the settlement building aspect!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So i hacked the Master terminal in the bank outside of Diamond City and i got tons of ammo, great. But also plenty of spare handguns and stuff now. I'd rather just sell these for caps but so far these traders don't have an awful lot to spend. Does this ever change? Otherwise i might as well just scrap those guns, right?

The only way to raise a trader's cap limit is to invest, which is available on the level 3 of Cap Collector. Here's a unique caveat of this perk: if you invest in a type of store in one of your settlement, say store type A, then if you build that particular store type in ANY other settlement that you have, that store will already have their cap upgraded without you need to invest anything to it.

Anyways, the stores resets their available caps after some time so this only really matters if you're not patient enough to just utilize wait for stores to refresh their caps.

N° 2048

It serves a huge purpose for me. It's where I sell ammo for caps, where I get aid, etc.
My shops also make me caps. If you get Level 4 Traders you get rarer legendary gear at your shops.

I have a bed close by to get the Well Rested perk and all the benches for modding weapons/armor.

Brokun

If you want to be a complete junkie, just... scraping the bottom of that barrel, twitching until you get your next hit... they've got a weapon that supports that kind of lifestyle playstyle. lol

tejpis

Neo Member
Perception 8 for Rifleman, Sniper
Int 3 for Gun Nut
Agility 7 for Sneak, Mr. Sandman, Ninja

That's probably your best set of core perks for sniping.

If you want to use a lot of VATS you can go a little more down PER to get Penetrator and Concentrated Fire, but I've never tried either so I can't vouch for them. They just sound neat on paper. Also more Luck for all the critical abilities are amazing if you're going VATS build too.

I super-recommend going deep in Luck. I just recycle mods from weapons I pickup instead of wasting points on Intelligence, Gun Nut and Science. I always have a ton of Action Points and Crits because of the Luck perks. Agility and Luck are most important for me, building up Perception when I have spare points. Always having a guaranteed critical headshot or three up your sleeve sure helps on Survival.

Penetrator is good but kind of irritating because it ends up hitting walls and stuff every now and then, despite what it says. Concentrated Fire I'm split on, if I need multiple shots to hit and finish off an enemy I'll probably just use a crit to get a guaranteed headshot...

I'd probably start with 10 Agility, 9 Luck, 5 Perception. Get all the sneak attack boosters, rifleman, all the crit boosters... You'll find an Intelligence Bobblehead quite early so you can pick up the Medic perk which helps a lot.

Then you buy Overseer's Guardian from
Alexis in Vault 81
and you're severely overpowered even at Survival difficulty.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It serves a huge purpose for me. It's where I sell ammo for caps, where I get aid, etc.
My shops also make me caps. If you get Level 4 Traders you get rarer legendary gear at your shops.

I have a bed close by to get the Well Rested perk and all the benches for modding weapons/armor.

I have the Emporium level shops for all of my Sanctuary shops but I have yet to see any Legendary items appear in their merchandise selection.... is there anything more I should do to make them appear or something?

knitoe

I have the Emporium level shops for all of my Sanctuary shops but I have yet to see any Legendary items appear in their merchandise selection.... is there anything more I should do to make them appear or something?

You need to recruit special merchants, whom shows up random throughout the world in your travels, and assign them to the shops. Then, it turns your shops into lvl4 and you can buy legendary. For example, Scripe is armor, Smiling Larry is Weapon and etc.

Haunted

The way it's always been with the traders in these games is that you don't just want to pilfer their money, but their best items instead.

A legendary armour piece/weapon, all their ammo and all their fusion cores alone can easily run you into the 10 thousands in bottlecaps, making it easy to dump anything you want into them while still trading and getting something in return.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You need to recruit special merchants, whom shows up random throughout the world in your travels, and assign them to the shops. Then, it turns your shops into lvl4 and you can buy legendary. For example, Scripe is armor, Smiling Larry is Weapon and etc.

Good God, what kind of experience people can have if they do not consult message board/wiki I wonder. So many hidden information/mechanics/glitches/bugs to catch them unaware :////

jond76

Banned
I'll be walking through the wastes and the game will just freeze. Music still plays, but the game is frozen. Happen twice so far. Anyone else had this or is it a known issue? Xbox One.

So I got to the point in the game where the
Shadow of Steel
quest becomes available. Am I about to pass a point of no return? Or should I just go report to Danse? Right now I'm already a part of the Minutemen, BoS, and the Railroad, so I'm a bit worried about causing friction between factions.

R0ckman

Recruited some girl named Trader Rylee to Sanctuary but she isn't here I don't think, despite the population counter accounting for her. I don't see her at the shop either. What the hell is going on?

Jesus fucking Christ I hope they patch that piece of shit trophy/achievement Benevolent Leader. It's one of the ,oust confusing pointless and time wasting garbage I have ever seen.

Holy fuck I have been sitting at 93 happiness for hours now and it will not fucking move.

95% here. And I have 23 pop, and 17 emporiums. I don't fucking get it.

Maybesew

Question about the main quest line.

I just completed the quest at CIT.

I have the courser chip, and the quest says to have it analyzed. I wnat to make sure this isn't a story pivot point, but can I bring it to multiple people? The woman at the railroad asked for it, but I said no for now. Can I also bring it to the brotherhood of steel, and the green guy in the glowing sea? Will that have story implications for me?

Well I just recently got probably the worst Legendary I"ll ever receive.

A switchblade (I think, some sort of knife) that reduces damage I take when I stand still.

Top Bottom