• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 PC Ultra screenshots

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great to me. Really like the lighting.

Syf

Banned
Disappointing for ultra. Ah well. A good texture mod will make a world of a difference for this game.

a harpy

Something about the lighting and colors makes everything look like toys and I really, really dig it.

It's not close to the most graphically impressive games but I think it looks totally fine. I think the aesthetics are there to make the world feel cohesive so I'm not sure if I really need to push the envelope to have satisfying visuals.

Plasmid

These shots got me like

WSSYO78h.jpg

jackdoe

Disappointing for ultra. Ah well.
Funnily enough, this looks pretty close to the reveal footage, which I had assumed to be console footage or console specced footage. I never suspected that the console versions would look a hell of a lot worse and that the debut footage was set to Bethesda's max quality settings for the PC.

tuxfool

Banned
Don't know what it is, but everything has this slightly soft out of focus look, like its made of clay. I'm guessing its the PBR?

PBR is just the shading technique. It has nothing to do with this (I'd say the pbr solution in this game is rather poor).

I'd say the softness is from the AA solution being used.

GavinUK86

"now that's beautiful. getting it on pc for sure now!"

"holy shit, even the pc version looks ugly as fuck!"

Did I ever tell you how much I love you GAF? <3

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Wtf how does this not look "good"? I think I've completely missed the boat on what constitutes cutting edge graphics after not having a PC for so long. The style is nice, good lighting, beautiful atmospheres.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I don't see the distant shadows in the reveal footage. I'm not 100% convinced that's not console footage shown on stage.

Kuro

Looks okay to me. If it looks like that and performs solid it should be great. Its the animation that worries me.

GavinUK86

Wtf how does this not look "good"? I think I've completely missed the boat on what constitutes cutting edge graphics after not having a PC for so long. The style is nice, good lighting, beautiful atmospheres.
I have a high end PC and I must've missed the boat too. This looks great!

Top Bottom