• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 will be uncut in Germany.

He's probably referring to the US version of Japanese Games.

Fallout is made in the US. All content will be suitable for the US market.

Sounds like the companies are changing the game to fit the audience. Very different from a version of a game being banned. It is silly to expect accuracy on the internet, even on gaf, but this inaccuracy is especially surprising.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Joking right?

Yes and no.

He's probably referring to the US version of Japanese Games.

Fallout is made in the US. All content will be suitable for the US market.

Hah, not quite, just how nudity and sexuality in general seems to be "worse" than depictions of violence :p.

And it was also a dumb circumcision joke. At the same time I am also pointing out how ridiculous Germany is in its crusade to censor violence, perhaps even more so than the US' aversion to sexuality/nudity

Nesther

Why is Switzerland mentioned? Censored games never affected us, it's not like we rely on Germany or something.

Mortal Kombat X got rated and is coming uncut, times have changed.

As for Dying Light, did they even try to rate it ?

Edit: Isn't every game in english when your console is also english ?

NIN90

Yes and no.

Hah, not quite, just how nudity and sexuality in general seems to be "worse" than depictions of violence :p.

And it was also a dumb circumcision joke. At the same time I am also pointing out how ridiculous Germany is in its crusade to censor violence, perhaps even more so than the US' aversion to sexuality/nudity
Please enlighten me about this "crusade". As a German, I can count the amount of censored games in the last few years on one, maybe two hands but you seem to have other information.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Please enlighten me about this "crusade". As a German, I can count the amount of censored games in the last few years on one, maybe two hands but you seem to have other information.

Bah, that's what I get for generalizing. I wasn't aware of the USK becoming better. Didn't mean to insult you guys.

Nesther

That's good news. Though, since this is a Bethesda release, I still can't get the German version if I want to play the game in English.

I completely forgot that Bethesda removes the English language option (outside of Steam) in Europe. This has always confused me, it's not like there's lack of space on a Blu-Ray.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Nah, it's just the US that cuts out anything remotely related to sexual activities.

Sure.

There isn't one. Sex is depicted in game, music, movies, etc. Perhaps they are moaning that tits in video games get a mature rating, because they feel they know better than everything else what should or shouldn't be taboo.

Top Bottom