• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's release date listed as 2015 on the Bethesda store, GMG, Amazon, GS, EB

DOWN

Banned
EB Games has confirmed the 2015 release date is real

EB Games just officially confirmed that it's coming this year on their Twitter account

It's not a placeholder date

https://twitter.com/EBGamesAus/status/606349242760716288?s=09

z2racND.jpg

I hope the release date sticks, once the newness from Heavensward dies down, I'll take a break and spend maybe the next four months (I'm a slow player, gotta soak up everything with the limited game time I have) exploring the wasteland once again.

Minions

If Fallout 4 comes out this year.... the end of the year is looking a lot better than it was. Fills the hole for Sony pretty well... one that Tomb Raider and Halo are filling for the Xbox One.

Boke1879

I can only imagine Bethesda wanted the 2015 release date as their E3 mic drop. Still it'll be nice to have confirmation from them

Minions

I'm not sure how Fallout fills the Halo hole any better than Battlefront could.

It fills the hole Sony seemingly has at the end of the year. I think Uncharted remaster is also being released to somewhat counteract Halo, along with battlefront as you said. As it is the end of the year is pretty packed for the Xbox One. I just know that is Fallout 4 is as long as Fallout 3 / New Vegas that will give me something to play for a few months at least... at least until Uncharted 4 comes out in the spring. As it is I think I've reached the age where I'll never be able to complete all the games I want to play.

That said if it is a 2016 title, that year is going to be jam packed since there were so many games delayed to 2016.

Euron

I expected November but people seem to be throwing around October. What would that mean for Halo 5 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate? The former already has to worry about Black Ops and Battlefront and the latter is coming off its series' poorest received release and looks underwhelming at the moment.

Fallout 4 is going to be a monster judging by how Skyrim did and the hype that the game has been building up over the past few years.

Tigress

I expected November but people seem to be throwing around October. What would that mean for Halo 5 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate? The former already has to worry about Black Ops and Battlefront and the latter is coming off its series' poorest received release and looks underwhelming at the moment.

Fallout 4 is going to be a monster judging by how Skyrim did and the hype that the game has been building up over the past few years.

I don't think Fallout has to worry about other games (except for maybe MGS cause it seems to have as rabid a fanbase). I think other games have to worry about when they decide to release Fallout *grin*.

BokehKing

Banned
See, this is why "exclusives" mean nothing to me during the holidays, these multiplatform games will have me busy until the following fall.

but I won't believe it until it's announced at e3

Euron

I don't think Fallout has to worry about other games (except for maybe MGS cause it seems to have as rabid a fanbase). I think other games have to worry about when they decide to release Fallout *grin*.
That's exactly what I'm saying. How are publishers going to react to this? Is MS going to move Halo 5 back a month? Are more games going to get pushed to 2016?

Plasma

Banned
Before the announcement I figured there was no way that this would come out this year, now after all of this I think I'd be disappointed if it didn't.

Well so much for me not spending so much in games this year, if this comes out later this year I will buy a new pc, it's been a while and the last one was kinda bought in a rush but with XCom 2 as well as this I think it's time I bought a real gaming pc since the mod scene I would love to check out.

Wow, I did not expect that. I was thinking either a May 2016 release or holiday 2016. I am excited. Going to have to get going on New Vegas before this hits though.

barit

If this is true then I'm a little glad that UC4 got pushed back. Way too much to play at the end of the year imo. Nobody will have time for any great 1st party exclusives. I alone will probably buy MGS5, Battlefront, Mad Max and Fallout 4. And then when you think about all the yearly heavy hitters like CoD, AssCreed and so on, I don't think casuals will choose any other game over these juggernauts. The games that will mostly suffer from this are Tomb Raider and Halo 5. Maybe Halo 5 not so much because it's still Halo but Tomb Raider for sure. I mean it looks generetic and seems to bring nothing new to the series. Square will be happy if they sell ~2m at the end of the year but knowing Square they probably hoped more of 5m+ lol

Sometimes it is good to spread out your games over the whole year. MS will learn this lesson this holiday again.

October 23 is the start of the Great War
so that's the date most expect
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War

Is it likely it will run as chit as Skyrim? I mean on xbox 360 I managed to play it but that piece of chit game has NEVER worked on PC for me, even 2 completely differen't PC builds it's been unplayable...

GlamFM

Banned
Is it likely it will run as chit as Skyrim? I mean on xbox 360 I managed to play it but that piece of chit game has NEVER worked on PC for me, even 2 completely differen't PC builds it's been unplayable...

1. How would anybody know this?
2. Wrong thread.

I've even installed it on 3 different hard drives and 2 different SSDs, reinstalled windows 3 times and re-built my PC swapping every single part out.. Game just does not want me to play it lol.

Have you deleted it from Steam and then deleted all the skyrim-related folders under my documents etc.?

Top Bottom