• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter is now out on PC! (Only available through Bethesda.net Launcher)

KonradLaw

Well they're selling Dishonered 2 through steam so probably only a select few games will be also on the launcher.

Dishonored is classic pay to play title. Those need Steam. Meanwhile F2P games don't. Those games come to Steam mostly if they fail and move there is their last desperate attempt before closing down.

Atomski

Man this could totally be a good management game but in its current state it's awful. There's really nothing fun about it.. you just slowly work your way up to the point there really isn't much of a challenge.

I'm pretty sure they mean the menu kind of launchers. Where you'd get a little image along with buttons like "Install", "Play", "Settings", "Official Website", "Help" and so on. A lot of PC games used to have that kind of a launcher way back when.

Was back before Steam, during the joyous days of Securom. :p

If it's those launchers, then it's not comparable to the mess of having Rockstar Social Club, Origin, uPlay, etc.

All developers, including Bethesda, are free to do their own thing. But those talking about how they're only a shortcut are simplifying the situation too much. Keeping all those launchers up to date and accesible is way way worse then just having a simple menu in your game that wasn't dependent on credentials, didn't need server connections and didn't update themselves every other day.

Lucifon

Works well on PC, not having notifications is a bit of a bummer though. You never know when's a good time to turn on the game. They should really add it to Steam / Windows App Store, and it massively needs cloud saving. If I could port my save between phone and PC that'd be amazing.

Justinh

unnnnnnhhhh...

I played this like crazy a good while ago with an emulator. I think I only ended up spending like ten dollars, maybe it was 8. I can't remember how much the little thingies cost. I stopped though because it was really wonky with whatever emulator I used, and my saves wouldn't always be there when I came back.

I've already gotten into it, just playing the hour or two I've had it installed. Hopefully I won't let it take up too much of my time this time (yeah right). It still feels too tricky to grab hold of a specific dweller when you want to, though...

This game, I think, does a really good job in getting you hooked early on, with the fast level ups and easy "quests" in the beginning that give you lunchboxes.

Tukker

So I played for an hour or so but I guess this isn't a game to be played for much longer in a row. There is nohing else to do right except wait for caps. Is there anything I can do for caps or can I close the game and return later. Seems rather boring if this is the case and I don't understand why the port to pc then if its mainly a waiting game. Mobile is so much better then.

Tainted

Either this launcher is rubbish or their servers are being hammered from everyone trying to get Fallout Shelter....my launcher is just constantly thinking

Probably both

Top Bottom