• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout4VR arrives on HTC Vive this October.

Falchion

The headset exclusive games make me not want to buy any of the hardware for a long time. Not worth it when the stuff you may want comes out on a different platform.

parabolee

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

This is what I have been waiting for on VR. If I did not already have a Vive I would have bought one for this!

And I am 100% fine with the price. With a small user base they have to justify AAA development.

That said, BASE GAME only for $60 is BS. Kinda pissed if they expect me to rebuy the game at $60 AND rebuy the DLC at full price too! Already bought all of this a year ago!

Should either be a discount for existing owners OR all original DLC should be included for free (even if it comes at a later date).

Tigress

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

This is what I have been waiting for on VR. If I did not already have a Vive I would have bought one for this!

And I am 100% fine with the price. With a small user base they have to justify AAA development.

That said, BASE GAME only for $60 is BS. Kinda pissed if they expect me to rebuy the game at $60 AND rebuy the DLC at full price too! Already bought all of this a year ago!

Should either be a discount for existing owners OR all original DLC should be included for free (even if it comes at a later date).

You sound almost like me (I'm not so upset about the base game costing hte same though but I've been excited for this since they announced they were doing this last year. Seeing those images though got me rehyped up again).

I'm super excited except I don't have a Vive and I held off on buying a PSVR last year when I heard Fallout 4 VR was coming (I correctly predicted it would not be on PSVR). So to be able to play this i have to buy a Windows PC or make one from scratch (I have a Mac and I do have an old windows machine but at this point it is so old I don't think any part of it including the case even which was from a 1999 computer is usable to make a gaming machine capable of any new game nevermind a VR one). Which is going to be expensive (the Vive itself is expensive :( ).

I'm only justifying this cause some years back I came into some money, not enough to live on and even what I got with what little income I make will eventually get eaten away by living expenses but way more money than I expected to see in my lifetime at this point. I told myself I'd allow myself one frivolous purchase and decided that it was going to be VR when it came out. I originally was just going to buy a PSVR as I already have a PS4 so that was the cheapest option but Fallout 4 was the first game that would really justify VR for me so I held off.

Now I'm hoping they are going to put Skyrim VR on the PC (I hear it's only been confirmed for PSVR). Because I'd love to have both but if I had to choose, it would be Fallout VR (not to mention I tried the PSVR and it actually had me disappointed in VR, it just felt like 3d close to my face. It wasn't until I tried Occulus that VR felt like what I expected. Even the Samsung VR for their phone felt more VR to me than PSVR <- which does sadden me).

parabolee

You sound almost like me (I'm not so upset about the base game costing hte same though but I've been excited for this since they announced they were doing this last year. Seeing those images though got me rehyped up again).

I'm super excited except I don't have a Vive and I held off on buying a PSVR last year when I heard Fallout 4 VR was coming (I correctly predicted it would not be on PSVR). So to be able to play this i have to buy a Windows PC or make one from scratch (I have a Mac and I do have an old windows machine but at this point it is so old I don't think any part of it including the case even which was from a 1999 computer is usable to make a gaming machine capable of any new game nevermind a VR one). Which is going to be expensive (the Vive itself is expensive :( ).

I'm only justifying this cause some years back I came into some money, not enough to live on and even what I got with what little income I make will eventually get eaten away by living expenses but way more money than I expected to see in my lifetime at this point. I told myself I'd allow myself one frivolous purchase and decided that it was going to be VR when it came out. I originally was just going to buy a PSVR as I already have a PS4 so that was the cheapest option but Fallout 4 was the first game that would really justify VR for me so I held off.

Now I'm hoping they are going to put Skyrim VR on the PC (I hear it's only been confirmed for PSVR). Because I'd love to have both but if I had to choose, it would be Fallout VR (not to mention I tried the PSVR and it actually had me disappointed in VR, it just felt like 3d close to my face. It wasn't until I tried Occulus that VR felt like what I expected. Even the Samsung VR for their phone felt more VR to me than PSVR <- which does sadden me).

Jeff Cannata asked the devs at the show and they said Skyrim VR is a "TIMED EXCLUSIVE". So yeah, it's coming to PC! :)

parabolee

Damn, I was hoping for some better footage by now. Looks great but I don't like the lack of visible hands. Floating weapons looks weird, hope they fix this! Especially since Skyrim VR looked to have fully present hands.

Some more videos. Controls -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeuQs0gEpD0

More crappy footage -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfzxB5p7N48

Full price? Base game? Will it even support current mods? Have they fixed known problem areas that turn the game into a slideshow and which I assume would murder people's eyes in vr?

parabolee

Edited together the control sheet they handed out at E3 from the video above. Remember, it is confirmed that there are a variety of locomotion options in the game. So bare that these controls will change to some degree based on the choices you make.

KNgM4Zo.png

Damn, I was hoping for some better footage by now. Looks great but I don't like the lack of visible hands. Floating weapons looks weird, hope they fix this! Especially since Skyrim VR looked to have fully present hands.

Some more videos. Controls -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeuQs0gEpD0

More crappy footage -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfzxB5p7N48

Eh... simple button press reload and Z trigger for moving forward?
The former is downright disapointing (maybe theres more to it, I don't know), the latter is hopefully customizable, marky mark my words, this game is already developed with PSVR in mind and I think when Skyrim VR comes to Steam then Fallout 4 VR comes to PSVR. They just don't want to put both games out on both plattforms at the same time, increasing the chances that players done with one game will hopp onto the other game because it's fresh on the store, paying full price etc

parabolee

Eh... simple button press reload and Z trigger for moving forward?
The former is downright disapointing (maybe theres more to it, I don't know), the latter is hopefully customizable, marky mark my words, this game is already developed with PSVR in mind and I think when Skyrim VR comes to Steam then Fallout 4 VR comes to PSVR. They just don't want to put both games out on both plattforms at the same time, increasing the chances that players done with one game will hopp onto the other game because it's fresh on the store, paying full price etc

Are you talking about Skyrim? Because Fallout 4 does not use Z trigger for forward movement, it has either full direct control movement or teleport.

When Skyrim comes to Vive it will have similar controls. Move controllers have no sticks or touchpads so have to be adapted. There is also time for them to improve the controls.

Top Bottom