• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There is still Trauma Center :D
But yeah there are pushing those persona games out like crazy, so next year we`ll have p5 on ps3 and persona 2 or persona 4 on psp....

Euphor!a

Banned
Is the Dot Heroes game from the same people that did Demon's Souls or is it another team inside FromSoftware? Is it mentioned anywhere in the article?

duckroll

Trauma Center is a series only silly Americans give a crap about. Real Japanese samurai-blooded gamers don't give a fuck.

Aeana

cw_sasuke said:
There is still Trauma Center :D
But yeah there are pushing those persona games out like crazy, so next year we`ll have p5 on ps3 psp and persona 2 or persona 4 on psp....
Fixed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
Trauma Center is a series only silly Americans give a crap about. Real Japanese samurai-blooded gamers don't give a fuck.
Shame that it reall doesnt sell in Japan - awesome series though :-/

Aeana said:

After VC 2 on PSP, that would make a nice announcment thread...all those tears :lol

even though I guessed Peace Walker would be a 4 player co-op game, I still am hoping it can all be done single player only.

and Sengoku Basars 3 on PS3 and Wii is odd. hopefully it comes out in America.

wait, is 3D Dot Game Heroes Acquire? the style looks a lot like the Yuusha/Holy Invasion of privacy games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Linkzg said:
and Sengoku Basars 3 on PS3 and Wii is odd. hopefully it comes out in America.

I doubt it, if we're not getting a 360 version.

Basara 3 details

Players can expect lots of new generals, director Makoto Yamamoto told the magazine. Additionally, the game will feature the highest volume of real time cut scenes yet seen by the series. These cut scenes were created based off storyboards produced by an anime company.

There will a few major changes to the game. Kobayasahi said to expect a stronger action feel to the game, as players can now set more than three skills for each character, whereas past titles have allowed for just two. Yamamoto explained that the game will better exploit the personal traits of the various characters.

Famitsu socred a good number of screenshots of the new game. These seem to be from the PS3 version. But Kobayashi explained that Capcom is really pushing hard with the Wii version. The developers expect the quality to be extremely high compared to other Wii games.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1014864p1.html

NichM

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
They acted drunk, then Naoto said that place stopped selling liquor a year before, so they were only 'drunk off the atmosphere'. Always wondered if it was a copout to avoid underage drinking in the English version or not.

It was not. The scene was exactly the same way in Japanese.

Tailzo

I can't stop staring at those 3d dot game heroes images. That's so cool, but at the same time, so quirky that I think it's ging to be even harder to get in the west than Demon's Souls. Please tell me that I'm wrong.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Aeana said:
I should probably be pitching a fit, too. But P3P has the option I wanted from the beginning, and the one that I feel like may allow me to enjoy the game more. So I'm willing to give it a chance.

Atlus is dirty. :\
They are a company. Stop being so dramatic.

Tailzo said:
I can't stop staring at those 3d dot game heroes images. That's so cool, but at the same time, so quirky that I think it's ging to be even harder to get in the west than Demon's Souls. Please tell me that I'm wrong.

I wouldn't lose sleep worrying about this if I were you; I have little doubt that one of the US niche publishers (Atlus/XSEED/Ignition) will pick it up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is hilarious. I asked for P3PSP at least two years ago, and 2ch teased it a year after. YOUR LIES COME TRUE YOU LASCIVIOUS WHORES

Father_Brain said:
I wouldn't lose sleep worrying about this if I were you; I have little doubt that one of the US niche publishers (Atlus/XSEED/Ignition) will pick it up.

If Atlus dared to pick up Demon's Souls, then there is a chance they'll pick this up too. Atelier Rorona is coming too.

I mean they did even pick up Holy invasion Badman... isnt that like TOO quirky for the West? But hey, they still picked it up.

So I think the chances are quite probable.

So, would Persona 3 be an OK entry point into the series, or would it be a good idea to pick up Persona PSP so I am not completely lost whenever P3 comes out in NA?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Aeana said:
Good job misinterpreting my post.
I can't quote Himo because he's on ignore but you've echoed similar sentiments before.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ZoddGutts said:
Well Yuri (GirlxGirl) is the new fad in anime/manga right now...

New?

Yuri has been going on in the anime and manga world since Sailor Moon, Rose of Versailles and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

You must be a new anime fan to make that assertion.

MoxManiac

Really wish Capcom would localize Basara 3, but it probably won't happen. I can import the PS3 version, but i'd perfer to play it in english, even if the bastardize it like Devil Kings.

zoku88

Hcoregamer00 said:
New?

Yuri has been going on in the anime and manga world since Sailor Moon, Rose of Versailles and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

And it's not even as popular as yaoi....

(I think Tora no ana has like two whole floors dedicated to just yaoi. And then theres comiket)

Grimmy

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Feels good, mang.

Srsly though, PSP was on rocky ground for a while but it's lineup over the next couple of years is incredible. I definitely expect a Yakuza PSP game at some point as well.

Umm I meant Phantasy Star Portable 2. There' no such thing as PSP2!

Hcoregamer00

faridmon said:
they are just milking the persona name.

come on, what about the pother franchises Atlus. Heck, what about other MegaTen franchises Atlus.

I am not happy about this announcement. >:

The DS announcements/releases don't ring a bell?

ZoddGutts

Hcoregamer00 said:
New?

Nah been into anime since the mid 90's. Yuri has never been been this popular as it was back then. Guess I shouldn't use the word fad in my previoius post.

Hcoregamer00

ZoddGutts said:
Nah been into anime since the mid 90's. Yuri has never been been this popular as it was back then. Guess I shouldn't use the word fad in my previoius post.

I disagree, just because it was popularized "recently" by franchises like Maria Sama Ga Miteru doesn't mean that it was not there in one form or another. That is like saying that there are more gender-bending series now, when Ranma 1/2 made it popular back in 1992.

d+pad

Wow, 3d Dot Game Heroes looks awesome! Hopefully it'll play as well as it looks - and hopefully some kind soul will bring it to NA...

Aeana said:
Full scans of P3P are starting to show. Looks like the female persona is also named Orpheus (huh??), and the menu is red instead of blue for her.

Atlus, Atlus, Atlus. Got to be so lazy. Orphea then I suppose.

Aeana said:
I should probably be pitching a fit, too. But P3P has the option I wanted from the beginning, and the one that I feel like may allow me to enjoy the game more. So I'm willing to give it a chance.

Atlus is dirty. :\

Extremely dirty.

Sengoku Basara 3 fuck yes!!!

Oh wait it'll never see a US release.

Guess I'll have to import...or just give Capcom the middle finger. The latter is like a hundred times more likely.

P90

lordoftherink said:
So, would Persona 3 be an OK entry point into the series, or would it be a good idea to pick up Persona PSP so I am not completely lost whenever P3 comes out in NA?

Buy Persona 4 now. Like, literally, right now. Then get Persona 3 for PSP when it comes out.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If P3 PSP adds the Persona 4 ability to command your individual party members rather than just assign guidelines, I'll gladly give it another go.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RurouniZel said:
If P3 PSP adds the Persona 4 ability to command your individual party members rather than just assign guidelines, I'll gladly give it another go.

It does, already confirmed.

faridmon

Hcoregamer00 said:
I disagree, just because it was popularized "recently" by franchises like Maria Sama Ga Miteru doesn't mean that it was not there in one form or another. That is like saying that there are more gender-bending series now, when Ranma 1/2 made it popular back in 1992.
If Maria Holic is the most extreme non-hentai Yuri out there, then there is no Yuri Anime.

mollipen

Persona (1996) -> DS: Soul Hackers (1997) -> Persona 2: IS (1999) -> Persona 2: EP (2000) -> SMT: NINE (2002) -> SMT III: Nocturne (2003) -> SMT: Digital Devil Saga (2004) -> SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 (2005) -> SMT: DS: Raidou (2006) -> Persona 3 (2006) -> Persona 3: FES (2007) -> Persona 4 (2008) -> SMT: DS: Raidou 2 (2008) -> SMT: Devil Survivor (2009) -> Persona PSP (2009) -> SMT: Strange Journey (2009) -> Persona 3 Portable (2009)

Sorry if I don't feel sorry for those of you bitching about too much Persona, but as somebody who was first and foremost a Persona fan, I see a long stretch of time there where all we got was Persona 2. Us Persona fans are getting a little (deserved) love lately; let us enjoy it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
B.K. said:
Supposedly Strider HD for PSN and XBLA and Strider 3 for PS3 and 360.

I'm down wit ha Strider HD by the same guys who did BC:ReArmed but I know thats not happening...:(

iono if I want a Strider 3 for next gen though :/

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't give a fuck. We are getting a brand new SMT game in fucking FP, that automatically undoes whatever milking they've done and it also apologizes for Raidou 1.

... I'll buy Persona 3 Portable.

TreIII

sprsk said:
I can't wait for this game.

Day fucking 1.

Same here. I'm surprised that they went in this way (Wii/PS3), but all the better. I'll prolly end up getting both versions of games! :D

Any way, seeing the shots of this game has definitely killed any last remaining desire for me to get Sengoku Musou 3. Between BASARA and Bayonetta, I'll be good as far as stylish combat games go! :D

Red Scarlet

shidoshi said:
Persona (1996) -> DS: Soul Hackers (1997) -> Persona 2: IS (1999) -> Persona 2: EP (2000) -> SMT: NINE (2002) -> SMT III: Nocturne (2003) -> SMT: Digital Devil Saga (2004) -> SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 (2005) -> SMT: DS: Raidou (2006) -> Persona 3 (2006) -> Persona 3: FES (2007) -> Persona 4 (2008) -> SMT: DS: Raidou 2 (2008) -> SMT: Devil Survivor (2009) -> Persona PSP (2009) -> SMT: Strange Journey (2009) -> Persona 3 Portable (2009)

Sorry if I don't feel sorry for those of you bitching about too much Persona, but as somebody who was first and foremost a Persona fan, I see a long stretch of time there where all we got was Persona 2. Us Persona fans are getting a little (deserved) love lately; let us enjoy it.

It kind of reminds me of Metroid in a way; nothing from 94-02, then a couple games come out (Prime/Fusion), then a remake of the first one comes out (P1 PSP/Zero Mission), then a couple other games come out afterward. Some folks thoroughly enjoy the revival, but others feel a bit flooded.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Red Scarlet said:
It kind of reminds me of Metroid in a way; nothing from 94-02, then a couple games come out (Prime/Fusion), then a remake of the first one comes out (P1 PSP/Zero Mission), then a couple other games come out afterward. Some folks thoroughly enjoy the revival, but others feel a bit flooded.
Just making up for lost time. Not like the quality still wasn't there for both series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom