• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the design of the new Velvet Room assistant too. I'm excited to see what other new things are added.

3D Dot Heroes looks really cool.

ksamedi

duckroll said:
MGS Peace Walker looks really weird. It definitely looks like it's designed ground up as a multiplayer game this time. There are screens of one Snake massaging another Snake on the chest to revive him from death, and a Snake holding up a sliding door panel so another Snake can go through, and a Snake acting as a stepping stone to get another Snake up to a higher ledge, etc. They also show off new cardboard box designs, like one that looks like a tank, lol. The screens all seem to have at least 2 Snakes in them, so I wonder if the game will even be any good in single player... ^^;

That sounds horrible. I guess there's still Rising to look forward too.

Feels like I played P3 only the other day. So I can't really get excited for an enhanced port right now and really wish they would've done P2 first.

Red Scarlet

firehawk12 said:
Well damn, guess I'll own three versions of the same game... and now I'll have to wait even longer before starting a P3 run. :lol

Well, each one is different in various ways, so it's not like you are going 2 copies of the same game at the same time at a store.

Shouta said:
I'm pretty sure it was atmosphere. I'm probably gonna play it again soon anyway, heh. I wanted to do a full Social Link run.

If you can find out for sure, try to remember!

I NEED 3D dot heroes now.

Seriously, the style is a mindblowing homage to the old classis games from the 80's translated into a modern way of use.

It reminds me of those good old famicom JRPGs made into 3D, and Im friggin LOVING the concept. Man, From Software really seems to be having some interesting ideas, going by Demon's souls and now THIS.

Major credit to From trying something different and yet familiar at the same time. Holy crap.

Grimmy

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Persona 3 Portable....I am....ERECT. Oh my fuck! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Peace Walker and Birth by Sleep look amazing and Phantasy Portable 2.....yes PSP, yes. You are pleasing me greatly.

PSP2 looks good - graphics definitely got an upgrade.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Persona 3 Portable....I am....ERECT. Oh my fuck! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Peace Walker and Birth by Sleep look amazing and Phantasy Portable 2.....yes PSP, yes. You are pleasing me greatly.

SecretBonusPoint
Harbringer of Jizz
(Today, 04:06 AM)
Reply | Quote

Grimmy said:
PSP2 looks good - graphics definitely got an upgrade.

xs_mini_neo said:
SecretBonusPoint
Harbringer of Jizz
(Today, 04:06 AM)
Reply | Quote

Feels good, mang.

Srsly though, PSP was on rocky ground for a while but it's lineup over the next couple of years is incredible. I definitely expect a Yakuza PSP game at some point as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Red Scarlet said:
They acted drunk, then Naoto said that place stopped selling liquor a year before, so they were only 'drunk off the atmosphere'. Always wondered if it was a copout to avoid underage drinking in the English version or not.
I don't think the ESRB adds advisories for underaged drinking. At best, Persona 4 would have been slapped with a "Usage of Alcohol" advisory instead of an "Alcohol Reference" advisory.

zoku88

grandjedi6 said:
I don't think the ESRB adds advisories for underaged drinking. At best, Persona 4 would have been slapped with a "Usage of Alcohol" advisory instead of an "Alcohol Reference" advisory.
As if anyone actually read those things, anyway >.>

(actually, I do sometimes since Im curious.)

grandjedi6

zoku88 said:
As if anyone actually read those things, anyway >.>

(actually, I do sometimes since Im curious.)
They can be rather interesting. Like the Persona 4 summary which specifically points out the King's Game:

Story elements also make references to alcohol, including a long scene in which the main characters hang out in a club and play 'drinking games.' Although alcohol is never consumed, the characters display the telltale signs of intoxication: slurred speech, staggered walking, and red faces.

Or that they actually called out Succubus:

Other female Personas (e.g., "Succubus") have sexual characteristics that are described in text: "They visit sleeping men and have sexual intercourse with them."

Aeana

Full scans of P3P are starting to show. Looks like the female persona is also named Orpheus (huh??), and the menu is red instead of blue for her.

grandjedi6

Aeana said:
Full scans of P3P are starting to show. Looks like the female persona is also named Orpheus (huh??), and the menu is red instead of blue for her.
If the boxart is red does that mean we get to skip over to a green theme for P5? heh

Teknoman

Althoran said:
No really liking P4 right now and as fas as I know that style only really started at P3 but correct me if I'm wrong

It did...but if you like any SMT universe games in the least bit...you should still give it a shot.

Aeana

It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Aeana said:
It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point.

Is there any mention of the FES stuff being in there as well ?

Aeana

chandoog said:
Is there any mention of the FES stuff being in there as well ?
They mention that it's based off of the FES version of the normal game, with all of those changes, but I didn't see anything about Episode Aigis.

Red Scarlet

Aeana said:

Oh, for Persona names. I was about to 'why are they making the mc talk now?'.

Deeku

Aeana said:
Sounds good. I hope Atlus will do a retail release in the US similar to the Persona remake package.

Red Scarlet

Aeana said:
They mention that it's based off of the FES version of the normal game, with all of those changes, but I didn't see anything about Episode Aigis.

I'm telling you, Aigis and Ryoji will be swapped and it'll be Episode Ryoji!

Mr. Pointy said:
Tenchu 5 PSP/Wii is not surprising.

Maybe not the announcement itself (HELL YES!), but I will be pleasantly surprised if it comes to the US. Weren't the sale numbers for Tenchu: Shadow Assassins really low (in the US, I mean)?

Dascu

Night_Trekker said:
Maybe not the announcement itself (HELL YES!), but I will be pleasantly surprised if it comes to the US. Weren't the sale numbers for Tenchu: Shadow Assassins really low (in the US, I mean)?
You're aware the Tenchu 5 announcement was a fake, right?

Dascu said:
You're aware the Tenchu 5 announcement was a fake, right?

6plp4x.gif

onken

Night_Trekker said:

:lol :lol

Aeana said:

I hope they'll get rid of that horrible, repetitive garbage track (paulownian mall or whatever) that plays at almost every location on the world map AND in all the stores. God, that song is about as bad as that "eyes on me" ear rape from FF8.

If Atlus is willing to defile P1 with jpop in the place of the original music, then they can undefile P3 of that abomination.

Hopefully they remix the school music or add new ones that aren't annoying and repetitive, and also change the regular battle "music." And add a real last battle track. The one they used sucks. [/laundry list]

dani_dc

They'll have to change a lot for me to bite Persona 3 PSP, the game was an interesting experiment which paid off with P4 but I didn't think the game was all that great at release and after Persona 4 I have even less reasons to care about it.

Though it's nice that they're finally adding a female main character to the series.

Hopefully the reason for no Persona 2 is that they're remaking it for home consoles.

I think this is a good indication for Male/Female MC option for Persona 5

dani_dc said:
They'll have to change a lot for me to bite Persona 3 PSP, the game was an interesting experiment which paid off with P4 but I didn't think the game was all that great at release and after Persona 4 I have even less reasons to care about it.

Though it's nice that they're finally adding a female main character to the series.

Hopefully the reason for no Persona 2 is that they're remaking it for home consoles.

MayaAmano.jpg

Error said:
shut up music in P3 was awesome.

A lot of it is pretty awful, but strangely you come to enjoy it after hearing it over and over and over and over and over again.

Except the battle music. I still can't believe there's only one regular battle theme. I try to win battles fast enough to avoid the "rapping".

Althoran

Teknoman said:
It did...but if you like any SMT universe games in the least bit...you should still give it a shot.

Okay but first I need to finish P4 and then probably will start with P3. If it isn't time for any new PS3 titles by then.

If I can find the time before P3 PSP comes out I will have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom