• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

BlazingDarkness said:
Better quality scans of 3D Dot Game Heroes show it looks really fucking good :D

the shiny reflective floor brings out a bad cg vibe but everything else looks ace

this is so unexpected from From :lol
seems like something SCEJ or MMV would do

Does this mean new anime cut scenes for P3 ? Hopefully they hire better staff then who was used originally, they were some of the ugliest cut scenes in gaming.

And the evokers weren't that big of a deal, there were like a total of 3 scenes in the entire game that mentioned them, changing it wouldn't exactly be hard. They were just an incredibly awesome afterthought where some drunk guy at the pitch meeting mumbled something about shooting yourself in the head to summon your persona and everyone just went along with it.

zoku88

THE Caffeinated said:
Does this mean new anime cut scenes for P3 ? Hopefully they hire better staff then who was used originally, they were some of the ugliest cut scenes in gaming.

And the evokers weren't that big of a deal, there were like a total of 3 scenes in the entire game that mentioned them, changing it wouldn't exactly be hard. They were just an incredibly awesome afterthought where some drunk guy at the pitch meeting mumbled something about shooting yourself in the head to summon your persona and everyone just went along with it.
I'd expect them to be in the same style.

Ugly is all in the eyes of the beholder, afterall. I'm pretty sure they were going for that kind of look.

(I wouldn't doubt if it was the same staff as P4, even if the style looks different.)

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
THE Caffeinated said:

P3 Spoilers:
That, and the fact that Strega's entire motivation was explained through the existance of Evokers. Evokers are the "safe" way to summon Persona. Strega members were experimented on by Kirijo, and their Personas were forced out. This is the reason that Chidori's Persona attacked her. This is the reason why they were all so fucked up. I doubt Evokers are gone though, given that this IS indeed a port

Also, you don't seem to understand what an art style is. Not every anime has to look like Naruto, y'know? Actually, no, you don't.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So female main character in Persona 3 PSP.

Looks like taking one step in Harvest Moon's court wasn't enough. Now they are truely embracing the dark side. Next step, adorable sheep and cow demons! :lol

duckroll

2dmf668.jpg

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Glad for Persona 3 portable, hope it gets a US/EU release :)

Also, poop at the Dream Club score - 6/6/6/6 :(

You seriously thought that Dream Club would be good?

I hoped it would be good too =(

zoku88 said:
I can't believe people thought they were gone just because she happened to be holding a card in her hand :-/

It's GAF. If people weren't jumping to hasty conclusions based on a single piece of artwork I'd be worried that I was trapped in some alternate universe.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
zoku88 said:
I can't believe people thought they were gone just because she happened to be holding a card in her hand :-/

This is a new scan. The one released earlier today only showed that top portion of her body. Evoker was not visible.

zoku88

ProudClod said:
This is a new scan. The one released earlier today only showed that top portion of her body. Evoker was not visible.
I know that....

But assuming that evokers were gone just because she's holding a card (without an evoker shown)...?

Does that even sound smart?

RagolSlayer said:
You seriously thought that Dream Club would be good?

I hoped it would be good too =(

Well yeah, I did :(

I'll still be buying it regardless though, just had hoped it would get a higher score. I highly doubt any of the game's intended audience will be rethinking their decision to buy it either :p

Persona 3 for PSP? Cool. I like the new MC's design.
I hope she doesn't meet the same fate as the male protagonist...

I wonder if it's going to be just the original P3 with the new protagonist and some minor changes, or if it will be more like an Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment situation.

Speaking of which, I still hope we get a Persona 2 bundle port. I would hate to see those games get skipped entirely.

zoku88

Shouta said:
I like her design. Nice red to the Male hero's blue.
Now we need a green version >.>

I like her design too. Most companies seem to make both genders look somewhat the same. (like Rune factory 2 or something.)

From Software potentially forced me into a PS3 purchase. I just bought a gaming PC so I could avoid the HD twins (not because I think they're bad, I was just trying to save myself the money) then this happens!

duckroll

MGS Peace Walker looks really weird. It definitely looks like it's designed ground up as a multiplayer game this time. There are screens of one Snake massaging another Snake on the chest to revive him from death, and a Snake holding up a sliding door panel so another Snake can go through, and a Snake acting as a stepping stone to get another Snake up to a higher ledge, etc. They also show off new cardboard box designs, like one that looks like a tank, lol. The screens all seem to have at least 2 Snakes in them, so I wonder if the game will even be any good in single player... ^^;

Red Scarlet

Maybe they're testing the waters for how well both P2's would be received? Don't know.

Shouta. I asked kiryogi but he couldn't remember..in P4 when they go into that nightclub
from P3
, is it really alcohol in the Japanese version? Or did they 'get drunk off the atmosphere' in that one too?

zoku88

Red Scarlet said:
Maybe they're testing the waters for how well both P2's would be received? Don't know.

Shouta. I asked kiryogi but he couldn't remember..in P4 when they go into that nightclub
from P3
, is it really alcohol in the Japanese version? Or did they 'get drunk off the atmosphere' in that one too?
Wait, it wasn't alchohol in the American version? I thought it was and they were just making a joke :lol

ProudClod said:
P3 Spoilers:
That, and the fact that Strega's entire motivation was explained through the existance of Evokers. Evokers are the "safe" way to summon Persona. Strega members were experimented on by Kirijo, and their Personas were forced out. This is the reason that Chidori's Persona attacked her. This is the reason why they were all so fucked up. I doubt Evokers are gone though, given that this IS indeed a port

Also, you don't seem to understand what an art style is. Not every anime has to look like Naruto, y'know? Actually, no, you don't.
Evokers being guns is all that i'm talking about, they could be "safely summoned" using cards to force them out like they do in P4.

And what ? Persona 4's cut scenes were a lot better using that same Art sytle, P3's were just terrible at times. The MC's height changed about 9 times throughout the differernt scenes.

Shouta

Red Scarlet said:
from P3

Atmosphere as I recall.

zoku88

THE Caffeinated said:
Evokers being guns is all that i'm talking about, they could be "safely summoned" using cards to force them out like they do in P4.

And what ? Persona 4's cut scenes were a lot better using that same Art sytle, P3's were just terrible at times. The MC's height changed about 9 times throughout the differernt scenes.
P4 and P3 didn't quite use the same art style, even if the character designer was the same. Just look at the artbooks.

As for the changing height thing, I didn't really notice. (though, i did previously think that it happened with one of P4's characters. XD)
Red Scarlet said:
They acted drunk, then Naoto said that place stopped selling liquor a year before, so they were only 'drunk off the atmosphere'. Always wondered if it was a copout to avoid underage drinking in the English version or not.
Huh, I didn't remember it ^^

Red Scarlet

zoku88 said:
Wait, it wasn't alchohol in the American version? I thought it was and they were just making a joke :lol

They acted drunk, then Naoto said that place stopped selling liquor a year before, so they were only 'drunk off the atmosphere'. Always wondered if it was a copout to avoid underage drinking in the English version or not.

Persona 3 Portable....I am....ERECT. Oh my fuck! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Peace Walker and Birth by Sleep look amazing and Phantasy Portable 2.....yes PSP, yes. You are pleasing me greatly.

Hypereides

Gold Member
OMG fuck yes!

Awesome news on the Wii and Ps3 front.

And HOLAY SHIIEET and Sengoku Basara being PS3 AND WII :D :D :D !!!!

EDIT: And 3D dot heroes looks FRIGGIN AWESOME OH MY GOD IM LOSING CONTROL!!

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
THE Caffeinated said:

Once again, you don't seem to understand what an art style is.

I think we should stop derailing the thread. If you want to argue about this some more, shoot me a PM.

Oh, also,
Summoning through Tarot cards in the context of P3 would be a bit silly. The Evokers were high tech pieces of technology developed by the Kirijo group to allow for safe summoning of a Persona. How would Tarot cards be explained? Micro chips?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well damn, guess I'll own three versions of the same game... and now I'll have to wait even longer before starting a P3 run. :lol

aww, too bad it's not P2 IS+EP.

but who knows, P3 reenvisioned might help funding P2. dunno if i want to buy that game another time though....

Shouta

Red Scarlet said:
aflksdfajsdlkar no one seems to remember for sure. arg

I'm pretty sure it was atmosphere. I'm probably gonna play it again soon anyway, heh. I wanted to do a full Social Link run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom