• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 29th

lupinko

faridmon said:
well, its around £115, and that's expensive for a normal game.

and no, i don't know how does it work in the gaming business :(

so is it a CE or what?

I didn't mean to be rude, but yeah the box one is probably just a Collector's Edition bundle of somesort.

Also newer arcade cabinets nowadays cost astronomically more than that price.

Wollan said:
Please let Wizardry Labyrinth of soul be a worldwide PSN release.

Do they have a Japanese release date?

This.

I enjoyed Tales of Forsaken Land as one of the best PS2 rpg (even if the production values were lower than others PS2 jrpg). Is a great game, much better than the new wizardry-like of DS or PSP.

I hope that this will reach any non-japanese region. Even if its a HK release with english option that forces me to change the languaje of the console (like Dark Mist), It will be day one.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
For that matter he's been handling the art for pretty much every Japan-developed Wizardry game.
The Busin/Tales of the Forsaken Land games were Katsuya Terada, but yeah, knowing that Suemi was attached early on makes the choice of Terada make a whole lot of sense.

jiji said:
The Busin/Tales of the Forsaken Land games were Katsuya Terada, but yeah, knowing that Suemi was attached early on makes the choice of Terada make a whole lot of sense.

Whoops. Yeah I said that before going to google to confirm. Regardless they're both great artists and especially suited for the Wizardry series.

Anyway none of that moe maids with broadswords bullshit.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
lupinko said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

What you don't know Yen conversion rates or how it works in general?

17,829.00 JPY = 133.907 EUR
1 JPY = 0.00751065 EUR 1 EUR = 133.144 JPY

A bit expensive :)

No one said yet where the Samurai Warriors 3 info came from. Is it from Famitsu, or some other magazine, and if there's screenshots with the info and no one's merely scanned it yet? :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
biocat said:
Just a couple corrections. Have the issue now. Anyone want to know what any particular review said?

If you don't mind, I'd like to know what the Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes review said. Though I can pretty much guess. :lol

question i don't want to lurk to the older posts in this thread, why is Wizardry still being made? The last game i played in that series is 8 but wiki says there are like 20 Wizardy in japan under different names. Why is it still being made in japan and not in the states? I was a wizardry 8 fan =).

lupinko

Gromph said:
17,829.00 JPY = 133.907 EUR
1 JPY = 0.00751065 EUR 1 EUR = 133.144 JPY

A bit expensive :)

I was actually laughing at his comment about those Tekken 6 console JPN SKU prices being the price for an arcade cabinet.

camineet

Banned
faridmon said:
is the first one any good? they are selling it for cheap over here.

If you like games or game-series such as:

Daisenryaku
Nectaris / Military Madness
Famicom Wars / Super Famicom Wars
Battle Isle
Panzer General, Allied General
Advance Wars

Then you'll probably find R-Type Tactics / Command to be good.

So the WKC expansion is just the stuff they're adding in the US release? There was previous talk about Level 5 adding the Georama mode for the localization.

Technosteve said:
question i don't want to lurk to the older posts in this thread, why is Wizardry still being made? The last game i played in that series is 8 but wiki says there are like 20 Wizardy in japan under different names. Why is it still being made in japan and not in the states? I was a wizardry 8 fan =).
It's probably a combination of there being Japanese fans with an appetite for it and Japanese companies being willing to cater to them and able to make a profit while doing so. Either one or both is not present here, or the property is simply being mismanaged in the US.

sir tech maker of Wizardry and Jagged Alliance series is out of business after they published Wizardry 8 =(. Wiki says Dragon Quest owes a lot of it's style and game play to wizardry i might go pick up DQ5.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pai Pai Master said:
So the WKC expansion is just the stuff they're adding in the US release? There was previous talk about Level 5 adding the Georama mode for the localization.

From the sound of it, yes.

There's new Gundam 0081 article. The following MS are playable: RX-78 NT-1 Alex, RGM-79D GM Cold Climate Type, RX-77-2 Guncannon, RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom, RGM-79N GM Custom, RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type, YMS-16M Xamel, MSM-07 Z’Gok, MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom, YMS-15 Gyan, MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon, and MSM-03C Hygogg.

Hero of Legend said:
No one said yet where the Samurai Warriors 3 info came from. Is it from Famitsu, or some other magazine, and if there's screenshots with the info and no one's merely scanned it yet? :/

Poor guy got himself banned again.

Rolf NB

So there's a good chance this new Wizardry game will be decent? I'd love to see that happen. Too bad SirTech couldn't go on with the series.

Yaweee

Technosteve said:
sir tech maker of Wizardry and Jagged Alliance series is out of business after they published Wizardry 8 =(. Wiki says Dragon Quest owes a lot of it's style and game play to wizardry i might go pick up DQ5.

Dragon Quest 5 is definitely worth getting, but I'd say that Wiki is overstating the similarities. The Dark Spire($10 at Gamestop), Class of Heroes, or even the Etrian Odysseys are far closer to Wizardry than any of the DQs.

While the DQs might have been inspired by the Wizardry series, they've grown to be more about well-paced and well-balanced adventures.

Suiko

Banned
zoku88 said:
That's not really surprising, given the first. Good that you actually gave it a fair shot... I wouldn't have
What exactly was so wrong with the first one?

Also which one Puzzle Quest is mentioned?

Malio

Really doubt Sir-Tech or D.W. Bradley had any input on those 'Wizardry' games they are mentioning. Probably just sold the rights and the highest bidder is trying to milk the name.

I hope I'm wrong.

Malio said:
Really doubt Sir-Tech or D.W. Bradley had any input on those 'Wizardry' games they are mentioning. Probably just sold the rights and the highest bidder is trying to milk the name.

I hope I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. Sir-Tech has been licensing the rights out to Japanese companies for at least fifteen years. Often the results have been pretty good, even if they tend be evolutions from the earlier games instead of following on what the later games did.

wrowa

Malio said:

I hope I'm wrong.
1UP said:
Wizardry, originally released in 1981, was the first RPG series to really recreate the Dungeons & Dragons RPG experience on a computer. The name has been largely dormant in its homeland of America since Wizardry 8 in 2001, but new side-story games under the Wizardry banner have always come out at a regular clip in Japan, where the brand name has shown a remarkable amount of resilience. Now Japanese outfit IPM, a division of Asian online-game outfit Gamepot that bought the rights to the Wizardry name off Sir-Tech in 2006, is interested in rebooting Wizardry -- and they've got their sights set pretty high.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175349

Sorry.

zoku88

Suiko said:
What exactly was so wrong with the first one?

Also which one Puzzle Quest is mentioned?
It's hard to say. A much shorter list would be what it did right :p

But seriously, the battle system was so horrible, I could only stand to play it for about an hour.

That's the shortest I've ever played an RPG before, even ones that I didn't like (like XS III)

Top Bottom