• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #901 news (FFXII gets 40/40 and "shakes the pleasant")

Simo

Troidal said:
Well it better not be this assinine method of powering up your characters....harder level-ups and no money could mean there's probably some strange ass game system involved.

Enemies drop special trade in items. I've heard the better the combo or "Mist Skills" used to finish an enemy, the better the item they drop. That's basically the "new" system in getting gil.

Red Scarlet

I'm either getting FF12 next Friday or the Monday after that..and I may not even be able to really play it until May. Play an extra hour for me!

Mrbob

Jonnyram said:
I agree. This game sounds fresh like morning dew. I can't wait, and I'm thrilled my wife approved me taking three days off work to play this :D

You have to get your wife's approval to ask off of work? Try to loosen up the leash. ;)

MrDaravon

Mrbob said:
You have to get your wife's approval to ask off of work? Try to loosen up the leash. ;)

I was going to post something to that effect but you beat me to it :p. In my case though, I probably wouldn't be able to get my girlfriend off the game for me to play it =/.

Jonnyram said:
I agree. This game sounds fresh like morning dew. I can't wait, and I'm thrilled my wife approved me taking three days off work to play this :D

woah. you win for having an spectacular wife.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
famitsu scores used to be vaguely interesting as some initial indication of a game's quality, but after the nintendogs incident they aren't even that.

White Man

I translated the first FF12 reeview using my translation widget. This is what came out:

Astonishment to human, and world. As for this rich expression power,
arrival dot of ポリゴンキャラ. As a game the highest level. The
story of the tremendous expansion where it shakes the pleasant

SHAKES THE PLEASANT!!!

Tamanon

Banned
White Man said:
I translated the first FF12 reeview using my translation widget. This is what came out:

Astonishment to human, and world. As for this rich expression power,
arrival dot of ポリゴンキャラ. As a game the highest level. The
story of the tremendous expansion where it shakes the pleasant

SHAKES THE PLEASANT!!!

Makes sense. Usually costs 50 bucks to get your pleasants shaken downtown.

MrDaravon

Tamanon said:
Makes sense. Usually costs 50 bucks to get your pleasants shaken downtown.

I read his post originally as "Shakes the Pheasant", which almost makes your post make more sense :lol

ronito

alton_brown.gif

SHAKES THE PLEASANT!!!!!!!

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Basically my hope is that FFXII turns me into a crazy zombie who goes around trying to create a character that knows every single ability.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wow, and I thought Shakes the Pleasant was only possible on hardware comparable to 360!

ethelred

jj984jj said:
OMG! Persona III and VP 2, PS2 is THE best console ever.

Or the console that has the original Valkyrie Profile and Persona games is THE[/] best console ever. Hm, I wonder. :D

Still, the announcement is great news, as is Metal Saga DS (which I expect Atlus to nab up pretty quickly).

Monorojo

Banned
Persona 3!

Thats beautiful.....Just beautiful.

Nice scores for FFXII too i guess, slow review week altogether (only 3 games?)

Tamanon

Banned
ethelred said:
Or the console that has the original Valkyrie Profile and Persona games is THE[/] best console ever. Hm, I wonder. :D

Still, the announcement is great news, as is Metal Saga DS (which I expect Atlus to nab up pretty quickly).

To be fair, the PS2 can play the originals also. WINNER!:p

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
"Get ready for a surprise!!!"

Anything important though, or are you just talking about average stuff that won't make an impact?

Because now we have Atlus R&D1's final game, Xenosaga is over, .Hack//Gu doesn't count because it's a 3 part thing and it's starting in June and we already know the last two parts are Sept/Dec, there's not gonna be a FFXIII or DQVIII or KH3 on PS2, Valkyrie Profile 2 should be the last Tri-Ace game, Suikoden 5 the last Suikoden game, Wild Arms 5 the last Wild Arms game....so what's left?

It's hard to think of any major rpg series having another entry this fall/winter.

Belfast

Yeah, these things only make FFXII more appealing, IMO. Especially the no button-mashing thing. More involvement in combat FTW.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
It's highly suspicious that the typed out text doesn't match with the supposed photo of the mag. So we'll have to wait to see what is legit. That said, the text version is timestamped at 00:03 so is probably just made up anyway.

This better not be fake or Famitsu is gonna learn the meaning of shaking the pleasant!

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
there's not gonna be a FFXIII or DQVIII or KH3 on PS2,
I'm sorry but I disagree. It's almost certain that FFXIII will be on PS2. It's been in dev for 3 years+, the 360 is failing and the PS3 doesn't have a release date. They're not going to sit on it for another 12+ months until next-gen gets rolling.

Monorojo

Banned
Bebpo said:
Would you want to release your game on the same day as FFXII? :lol

:lol :lol Didnt think of it that way...

Anyway, can the 40/40 push the FF series to new heights sale wise?

Previous first weeks for Final Fantasy games

FFX-2 [3/17] - 1,502,250

FFX [7/22] - 1,898,500

FFIX [7/09] - 2,031,250

FFVIII [2/14] - 2,592,500

FFVII [2/2] - 2,025,750

End of a generation, but that didnt really hurt FFIX too much...i think it can do it.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I'm sorry but I disagree. It's almost certain that FFXIII will be on PS2. It's been in dev for 3 years+, the 360 is failing and the PS3 doesn't have a release date. They're not going to sit on it for another 12+ months until next-gen gets rolling.

And you think they would have known 3 years ago that the PS3 wouldn't have a release date? If the game has been made towards next-gen from the start (aka making high-poly models and environments on PCs), they aren't suddenly going to downgrade the hell out of the game and rush it out on PS2 just because the PS3 is taking its time.

Especially after KHII FFXII they aren't going to be in the financial position where they have to get another million seller out. They can wait another year.

Rorschach

Bebpo said:
Anything important though, or are you just talking about average stuff that won't make an impact?

Because now we have Atlus R&D1's final game, Xenosaga is over, .Hack//Gu doesn't count because it's a 3 part thing and it's starting in June and we already know the last two parts are Sept/Dec, there's not gonna be a FFXIII or DQVIII or KH3 on PS2, Valkyrie Profile 2 should be the last Tri-Ace game, Suikoden 5 the last Suikoden game, Wild Arms 5 the last Wild Arms game....so what's left?

It's hard to think of any major rpg series having another entry this fall/winter.
No DQVIII on the ps2? I'm willing to bet a billion dollars you're wrong on this one. We'll see!

Pellham

Banned
Troidal said:
Is anyone translating the FFXII famitsu scores?

Some bits that are concerning....
*It is harder to level up.
*You cant button mash to beat enemies.
*Enemies dont leave money.

:/ :/

1) new gameplay system, therefore leveling speed isn't that important
2) lol you are concerned about the ability to button mash??? this isn't an action/RPG you know
3) you sell the items they drop for gil. what is the problem? it's certainly a hell of a lot more realistic anyway

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
And you think they would have known 3 years ago that the PS3 wouldn't have a release date? If the game has been made towards next-gen from the start (aka making high-poly models and environments on PCs), they aren't suddenly going to downgrade the hell out of the game and rush it out on PS2 just because the PS3 is taking its time.

and who says that FFXIII has been made for next gen machines from the start?!

I expect to see FFXIII on PS2.

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
What exactly needs downgradiing if it's been on PS2 from the start? I think your belief that it was always going to be a next-gen game is pretty far-fetched. But hey, wait and see :p

Especially after KHII FFXII they aren't going to be in the financial position where they have to get another million seller out. They can wait another year.
KHII and FFXII are this fiscal year. FFXIII won't be, but it may well be their only million seller next fiscal year.

DarthWufei said:
WTF Jonnyram, I had to go all the way to FFXIOnline to find out about the Besiege news? :( Was that all there was?
What do you mean - it's an awesome site! :p No other news though.

FFXIII will not (BETTER FUCKING NOT) be on PS2.

Of course, given all the delays with XII, it just may be if they went full ahead with the development.

I seriously don't give this much of a chance of being the case though. Some innocnet child will have to DIE if this is the case.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if ffxiii was always intended for ps2 then it has no bearing on ps3's release date.

Top Bottom