• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu chimes in on 2014 industry rumors (some confirmations)

24. Koutarou Uchikoshi is working on a new game at Mages.

Although he’s still working for Spike Chunsoft, Uchikoshi unambiguously told Famitsu that he is indeed collaborating with Steins;Gate developer Mages on a new game and that the scenario is already complete. He went on to say it’ll be a “sexual comedy” set to a science fiction suspense fantasy. As one might expect from him, he has high hopes that the game will turn out well.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 100%

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO Uchikoshi! Give me my Zero Escape 3! ;_;

iRCMcmdSpuY0u.gif

Sad news on the Demon's Souls sequel front!

It's funny the translation mentions 'no smoke, no fire', because I would say precisely that there's been an awful lot of smoke.

Anywho!

Your not seriously believing Famitsu on that with the logic they went through are you? They just asked Sony expecting they would give them a reply. Like come on are you even trying Famitsu.

sublimit

Banned
5. Sony Computer Entertainment and From Software are developing a new game together.

Famitsu noticed that this rumor has been circulating outside Japan about a potential follow-up to Demon’s Souls. When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible, contending that while they’d be happy to see the two making a game like that, “if there’s no smoke, there probably isn’t a fire.”

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 10%

:lol
Yeah right Famitsu.

Drencrom

When they inquired about the matter [Demon's Souls sequel rumour] to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible

Are they really this dense? Did they expect getting a confirmation if it's really a thing?

I guess I shouldn't expect more from Famitsu, they've probably not done any journalism work before.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
TLG will be announced for PS3/PS4 at E3, December in Japan and next March worldwide. Of this I have no doubt

ReaperXL7

I don't actually believe the Demons souls 2 rumor (even if I would love a proper sequel) but even if it were happening, why would Sony tell famitsu about it before the game is announced? It's very rare Sony comments on rumors regardless of how true or false they may be.

TLG will be announced for PS3/PS4 at E3, December in Japan and next March worldwide. Of this I have no doubt

We've pretty much had confirmation that the PS3 version was canned a long time ago (we're talking years) and that the project was moved to the PS4..

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Your not seriously believing Famitsu on that with the logic they went through are you? They just asked Sony expecting they would give them a reply. Like come on are you even trying Famitsu.

Pretty sure it wasn't based on that single reply more likely despite being pretty in the know about a lot of games Japanese games in development they've heard absolutely jack shit about it.

Hence the statement if there's no smoke. Chances are they wouldn't put it at practically no chance of it if they had heard anything at all..

5. Sony Computer Entertainment and From Software are developing a new game together.

Famitsu noticed that this rumor has been circulating outside Japan about a potential follow-up to Demon’s Souls. When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” However, Famitsu noticed that the Sony representative may have winked during his response. This leads Famitsu to believe that, if it was not a mere eye twitch, it’s pretty plausible, believing that, "where there's a wink, there's a way!"

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 80%

rrc1594

1. The September 2014 Japanese release for the Xbox One is set to include a large launch lineup, including worthwhile exclusive games.

Few concrete details are available at this time, but Microsoft told Famitsu that it’s working hard to ensure Japanese players are satisfied with their purchase out of the gate. More specifics are said to be coming out on this topic towards the end of April.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 90%

Lost Odyssey 2 and Phantom Dust 2 confirmed!

Famitsu noticed that this rumor has been circulating outside Japan about a potential follow-up to Demon’s Souls. When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible, contending that while they’d be happy to see the two making a game like that, “if there’s no smoke, there probably isn’t a fire.”

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 10%
Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

Pretty sure it wasn't based on that single reply more likely despite being pretty in the know about a lot of games Japanese games in development they've heard absolutely jack shit about it.

Hence the statement if there's no smoke. Chances are they wouldn't put it at practically no chance of it if they had heard anything at all..

Dude they have written down their thought process and its a joke.

Famitsu noticed that this rumor has been circulating outside Japan about a potential follow-up to Demon’s Souls. When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible

Ve1ocity

When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible
Well that's that folks Sony didn't announce it, no DeS2 confirmed, wrap it up.

If shining force 4 gets made, i'll buy whatever system it releases on. God i hope that rumor is true. This was a pretty decent write up of info in one place.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Some of these rumors sound promising... a Metal Max x SMT crossover NEEDS to happen, omg!

cafemomo

1. The September 2014 Japanese release for the Xbox One is set to include a large launch lineup, including worthwhile exclusive games.

Few concrete details are available at this time, but Microsoft told Famitsu that it’s working hard to ensure Japanese players are satisfied with their purchase out of the gate. More specifics are said to be coming out on this topic towards the end of April.

September? So Japan is like tier 8?
Whatever, at least the WiiU & PS4 will have some company while they are gathering dust in store shelves

jcm

Level 5 is probably working on three or four sequels to Yokai Watch. They'll all be released within the next 18 months,

I'm amazed that Western message board chatter (From/Sony collab) actually made it into Famitsu as a rumor. Ironic that they only give it a 10% plausibility, saying there's no smoke. Well there must have been something that made them feel it's worth putting in print! Also if the rumor is a From/Sony collab, why did they only ask Sony and not From?

jbug617

Banned
Guess we don't have to wait that long to find out if the Xbox One and Japanese games are true since more specifics are coming in a couple of weeks.

Korigama

38. The latest news on Persona 5…

This is more Famitsu asking when we’ll see an update on Persona 5 than it is a rumor, but Atlus said it will share an update on the game at a later time.
It's unlikely that they'll allow P5 to steal PQ's thunder. Until the latter is finally released, I don't expect to hear anything substantial regarding the former.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dude they have written down their thought process and its a joke.

Like I said the mere fact they haven't heard anything is reason enough for that, if they had heard something they would have stated as such. Also some people just don't write down their full thought process or deem it worthwhile. I find it hard to believe that was there only thought process when we know for a fact they do hear these sorts of things unlike a lot of random gaming press.

It could be their only reasoning but I personally find that unlikely. The fact remains Famitsu hasn't heard jack shit corroborating this rumour, and Sony says nothing. That's why they stated it has a low chance because they haven't heard anything to imply otherwise.

FluxWaveZ

It's unlikely that they'll allow P5 to steal PQ's thunder. Until the latter is finally released, I don't expect to hear anything substantial regarding the former.

That's reasonable, but they're also releasing on two distinctly different platforms.

34. Level-5 is reviving the once-cancelled Ushiro.

Ushiro was once a PSP RPG that Level-5 announced in 2009 that never ended up coming out. When asked about its prospects, Hino went on record saying that the company is mulling over new developments for it and hopes to have something to say about it in the future. While not a definitive answers one way or the other, Famitsu remains hopeful that horror fans will have good news to read about the game eventually.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 60%

tumblr_inline_mmsx4yboeZ1qz4rgp.gif

24. Koutarou Uchikoshi is working on a new game at Mages.

Although he’s still working for Spike Chunsoft, Uchikoshi unambiguously told Famitsu that he is indeed collaborating with Steins;Gate developer Mages on a new game and that the scenario is already complete. He went on to say it’ll be a “sexual comedy” set to a science fiction suspense fantasy. As one might expect from him, he has high hopes that the game will turn out well.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 100%

Suddenly, every girl is running around functionally topless like Alice. :O

29. The third game in NIS’s “New Brand” series (which includes htoL#NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki and If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise It Was Yandere Hell) line is going to have a more adult tone.

President Nikawa once again gave Famitsu a confirmation, saying that the next game to come after htoL#NiQ will have a bit of a sexual flair to it. Famitsu remarks that such a description reminds them of the company’s Criminal Girls, but since “New Brand” is being used for new IP, they don’t think this new game is a continuation off of that.

:\

Some of these rumors sound promising... a Metal Max x SMT crossover NEEDS to happen, omg!

Where is this coming from?

Rumors about personal 5...how about a freaking release date for devil survivor 2 break record. Was supposed to come out last year then, got delayed several times then "hai guyz here is 5 persona spinoffes devil survivor, yeh yeh it's coming dudde. (Lol nooB's) "

I interrupted my playthrough for youuuu!

So SEGA is making new Shining game instead of Valkyria Chronicles? What a bunch of douches.

IIRC the more recent Shining titles have been Valkyria reskins, so if you're into VC for its gameplay it should be fine-ish.

If it actually gets localized, that is.

I assumed the 'fact' part is the best part of a translation.

They have reason to believe it's 10%, we didn't see the original Japanese.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
7. The Last Guardian is actually going to come out.

If you’ve been following game news for a while now, you’re probably aware of the highly tumultuous development cycle that’s hit Team Ico’s follow-up to 2005′s Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2. When Famitsu asked Sony about this game, the magazine was told that Sony is still waiting for a good time to reintroduce the game. However, they also said that new information and even a release date could be announced soon should development go smoothly.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 75%

At this point they should probably just hold it until October 2015 and release it on Shadow of the Colossus' 10th anniversary.

Sarobi

Banned
7. The Last Guardian is actually going to come out.

If you’ve been following game news for a while now, you’re probably aware of the highly tumultuous development cycle that’s hit Team Ico’s follow-up to 2005′s Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2. When Famitsu asked Sony about this game, the magazine was told that Sony is still waiting for a good time to reintroduce the game. However, they also said that new information and even a release date could be announced soon should development go smoothly.

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 75%

I want to believe.

Spaghetti

the metal gear confirmations are tremendously dumb.

the phantom pain being '200x larger' than ground zeroes is the line konami are giving to the press on inquiries about comparable size, not a rumour.

and kojipro la working on mgo was confirmed forever ago. probably even when the studio opened. the only recent news about what they do was that they're also there to liaise closer than before with hollywood talent (e.g series veterans harry gregson williams and kyle cooper)

Top Bottom