• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu July 14 (DQ9 review)

batbeg

Darkpen said:
http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5079063&postcount=32
Translation source apparently from animesuki, can't find it though.

The new scan w/ the Blitz stuff and this translation has given me faith that the game will be good, but I still don't like the character design, even if its VC1's character designer. I also don't like the whole school thing.

I love how much of it talks about gameplay enhancements in the wake up a multipage bitchfest about technical power being inherently tied to gameplay. Sigh...

Can't wait until we get some direct-feed shots and gameplay movies. I'm pretty hopeful of the title looking very pretty on the PSP.

Spiegel

Darkpen said:
http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5079063&postcount=32
Translation source apparently from animesuki, can't find it though.

・コンセプトは学校+戦争
Games Concept :- School Life + War
  アバンたちは士官学校に在籍しているが、普段は通常の学生たちと変わらない生活を送ってい る。
  彼らが戦場という非日常世界を行き来するのが本作のコンセプト。
Game will focus around how the officer cadet's life gets turn around when they thrust into the battlefield.
  学校内にある作戦準備室でミッション選択をし、戦場へ。戦況は前作と同じで出撃前のブリー フィングで確 認可能。
The school will act as a mission briefing room where the player choose to select missions before proceeding with oen.
  勝利条件を達成、ミッションクリアすると舞台は再び学校となり、これを繰り返しながら進ん でいくことに 。
After a mission is complete, Player will return to the school. Such the the way the player will proceed with the game.
 ・インタビューより
Interview :-
  より広いユーザーの皆さんに『戦ヴァル』の魅力を知ってもらいたいという思いからPSPで リリースする ことに。
The producer made this PSP release knowing the charm of VC1.

新作とするにあたって醍醐味のひとつである戦闘システム『BLiTZ』をより遊び応えのあ るものにパワ ーアップ。
The new work will featured a upgraded version of the popular BLiTZ battle system.

特に自分の部隊の成長やカスタマイズ性を大きく強化。
The growth system will be better since the player will be able to customise their characters.

またアドホックモードの通信プレイに新しい遊びの可能性を感じたのも大きな理由のひとつ。
An Adhoc mode is included to allow room for new ways to play the game.

本作をナンバリングタイトルとしたのは我々の本気度をユーザーに知っていただきたいから。
Producer wants the player to know that they are serious about this game being a true sequal,

単なるスピンオフ作品ではないし携帯機だから質を下げるつもりは無い。
This game is not just a spin off and the fact that this is on a handheld does not mean the game has been downgraded.

ミッション数は前作の数倍に。ユニット育成要素も奥深く。
The number of mission has increased from the previous title. And the number of units accessible for growth is vast.

本作でも水彩画のような映像表現のCANVASを採用し、
  携帯機と思えないクオリティに仕上がるようこだわって制作中。
They are still making use of the CANVAS system, but they tried to work it into a manageable level that can be handled by a handheld.

ゲーム内で時間が流れると季節が移り変わり、季節ごとに学校行事が発生したり(プールもある) 、
  制服が変化するといった要素もあります。
Time will be shown passing in the game by the way the students are dressed for the seasons, events happening and how the Pool is.

Quoted for the new page.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll get direct feed screens or a video when the official website opens.

Top Bottom