• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (6/20) - Okami HD PS3, Idolmaster PSP, Ys Vita 9/27

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I hope Okami PS3 is move compatible. Much easier for me to control the brush strokes than with the analogue sticks.

btkadams

oh man, i am STOKED for okami ps3. i played that game on my launch ps3, wishing it was in hd. this will be glorious.

That Ys price is about on par with a lot of "HD console" releases in Japan; most devs would basically consider the Vita an HD console, so it's little surprise they're pricing accordingly.

Anyway hopefully some screens and whatnot are forthcoming for Celceta, I'm interested to see how it's been improved.

Also, in personal interests: not a bad score for Atelier Ayesha. That's only about a point lower than Meruru did, which means it still scored much higher than its predecessors. Looking forward to seeing how it sells!

Finally, I would buy Okami PS3. I would buy it nine times.

Okami is in my top ten games of all time. Possibly top five. A HD remake is *incredible* news.

Is it confirmed to be a PS3 exclusive? If so, I wonder why; I would have thought it would be on XBox 360 and Wii U also. In any case, I really hope they do more with it than simply touch up the graphics a bit. Some new content would be awesome.

I think not having it on the Vita is a missed opportunity, as the touch screen would work great, but I'm going to hope that the PS3 makes up for it in the graphics department.

Ridley327

I just had a horrible thought: Capcom would be evil enough to do a trophy for Okami HD for getting all of the health beads, which means you'd have to do the final repeat-the-pattern door.

THE MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

The linked article also mentions Move support, that might be the reason why it's Ps3 exclusive.
It also says something about a limited release or limited edition, I'll try to translate it properly.

vall03

Considering the other Capcom HD ports it will most likely be retail in Japan, PSN only elsewhere...

It's a big downside for me personally, but I can easily get over it for Okami!

same here, but its seriously going to be disappointing if they release it PSN only in the west... *sigh*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The linked article also mentions Move support, that might be the reason why it's Ps3 exclusive.
It also says something about a limited release or limited edition, I'll try to translate it properly.

Where? I don't see it. I only see "PlayView" being mentioned?

Edit- OH! They must have added it now. I'm sure it wasn't there before. Great news!

Bebpo

Banned
Considering the other HD ports by Capcom, Okami will be the same as throwing it in an emulator and running it at 720p + move support + trophies.

Can't really get excited about it since their HD remasters don't seem to be a big priority for the company.

massoluk

Banned
Okami is in my top ten games of all time. Possibly top five. A HD remake is *incredible* news.

Is it confirmed to be a PS3 exclusive? If so, I wonder why; I would have thought it would be on XBox 360 and Wii U also. In any case, I really hope they do more with it than simply touch up the graphics a bit. Some new content would be awesome.

I think not having it on the Vita is a missed opportunity, as the touch screen would work great, but I'm going to hope that the PS3 makes up for it in the graphics department.

These sound so very obvious to me. I hope I'm not getting banned for port begging.

duckroll

More info:

Idolmaster Shining Festa
- PSP, no release date set.
- 3 versions: Honey Sound, Funky Note, Groove Tune.
- Characters are split between the versions.
- Honey Sound = 如月千早、天海春香、秋月律子、三浦あずさ
- Funky Note = 高槻やよい、我那覇響、水瀬伊織、双海亜美・真美
- Groove Tune = 星井美希、萩原雪歩、菊地真、四条貴音
- If you can't read those names, you're not going to be playing the game anyway. :p
- The main theme is "MUSIC♪".

Okami Zekkeiban
- PS3 HD Remaster
- November 1st release date in Japan.
- 3990yen
- Supports PS Move.
- First press bonus includes a PSN code for the Okami digital art book for use with PlayView.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ys IV and Xillia 2 are probably going to be the only games I import at the end of the year, then.

Might be the price for the LE, I guess, like other people have said.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
More info:

Idolmaster Shining Festa
- If you can't read those names, you're not going to be playing the game anyway. :p

Namco blowing minds.

duckroll

Yes, I messed around with the title a bit, because that blog usually just posts Weekly Jump updates. I wonder why he suddenly posted Famitsu news early...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Considering the other HD ports by Capcom, Okami will be the same as throwing it in an emulator and running it at 720p + move support + trophies.

Can't really get excited about it since their HD remasters don't seem to be a big priority for the company.

I'm hoping it's more like RE: CVX, which is the only port that I felt was an actual improvement over the original... they spruced up the lighting, among other things. But yeah, there's definitely precedent for Capcom putting out shoddy HD ports.

SmithnCo

Interesting. A while back, Capcom held a poll to think of achievements for RE4 HD, Okami HD and Monster Hunter HD ports. A winning achievement was in RE4, and now with this, I wonder if we will see MonHun HD.

Also hoping that Okami is Move compatible.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
More info:

Idolmaster Shining Festa

Okami Zekkeiban
- PS3 HD Remaster
- 3990yen
- Supports PS Move.
- First press bonus includes a PSN code for the Okami digital art book for use with PlayView.

I needed this info. Now, my life is complete. Thanks duckroll.
I was hoping for some brand new 3DS announcements, gah :(

...Still, very surprised by Idolmasters PSP, the second time the brand comes on the platform, and for the second time with three SKUs.

Ridley327

Interesting. A while back, Capcom held a poll to think of achievements for RE4 HD, Okami HD and Monster Hunter HD ports. A winning achievement was in RE4, and now with this, I wonder if we will see MonHun HD.

Well, we have already seen a Monster Hunter HD port on the PS3.

大神 絶景版
機種/PS3
発売日/11月1日
価格/3990円
PlayStation Move対応

原点である第一作目のHDリマスター作品
数量限定特典としてPlayView用に再編集された大神妖獣戯画絵巻のプロダクトコード

Okami Superior Version
Console: Ps3
Release date: 2012/11/01
Price: 3990 Yen (39.99 €/$)
Playstation Move Support

HD remaster of the original release (it may be reffering to the Ps2 version)
The first release will include something something Playview something as a code to download from PSN (I assume)

EDIT, beaten :p

More info:

Okami Zekkeiban
- PS3 HD Remaster
- 3990yen
- Supports PS Move.

Now the last line is much clearer!

Takao

Banned

Also hoping that Okami is Move compatible.

KmRv9.jpg

???

Who would want MHG in HD?

7Th

Idolmaster Shining Festa

YOU CAN PRODUCE IORI, AZUSA, AMI AND RITSUKO AGAIN.

MEGATON

I'm under the impression that their other ports have been worse than that.

thelastword

Banned
Okami HD, finally. I started this game, only got to an area where you had to dig some root crop, so I never got too far. I have two moves awaiting, so bring it on.

Top Bottom