• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (6/20) - Okami HD PS3, Idolmaster PSP, Ys Vita 9/27

wanted to have the gorgeous im@s2 models in the palm of my hand, but PSP is okay. i know Namco will never do it but i hope DLC is transferable.

Tunic

I will be very interested to see how that Okami HD release turns out. It is definitely an amazing game and it would be nice to replay in HD.

Vamphuntr

Is Culdcept 3DS a port of the PS2 game which was a port of the Saturn game? I enjoyed the PS2 version that got localized a lot and by looking at screenshots for the 3DS verison, it seems it's basically the PS2 game. There are screens from the story mode and it's basically identical to the opening chapter of the PS2 game :S.

At least the 360 game was different...

Salaadin

Ys!! Made my day. I hope the localization (XSEED, announce it now, pretty please) isnt too far off from the JP release date.

Is Culdcept 3DS a port of the PS2 game which was a port of the Saturn game? I enjoyed the PS2 version that got localized a lot and by looking at screenshots for the 3DS verison, it seems it's basically the PS2 game. There are screens from the story mode and it's basically identical to the opening chapter of the PS2 game :S.

At least the 360 game was different...
I doubt it's a straight port, Culdcept just tends to be one of those games that doesn't change much in each version.

Kyou

oh man, can't wait! I can see it now...

msQFY.jpg

Vamphuntr

I doubt it's a straight port, Culdcept just tends to be one of those games that doesn't change much in each version.

Well the plot seems the same here, they just changed the arts and portrait of characters according to the screens released so far. On the other hand, the 360 game was a brand new title.

shaowebb

Okami PS3 - 3990Y - 11/1
Idolmaster PSP - 3 versions - TBA
Ys Celceta Vita - 7140Y (woah) - 9/27

Reviews
Pokemon BW2: 10998
7778: Tantei Jinguji Saburo Ronde revenge
Culdcept: 8888
Generation of Chaos 6: 8888
Strike Witches: 7776
8989: Ray
9898: Atelier of Asha
Dot hack: 8887

http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-2896.html

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Culdceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeept!

Well the plot seems the same here, they just changed the arts and portrait of characters according to the screens released so far. On the other hand, the 360 game was a brand new title.

Aahahaha...no. They actually took cards from ALL the Culdcept's ever and boards as well, reworked the costs and abilities on some and put them together around the story of the PS2 game. They also created new cards and new mechanics like "revenge" and the entire game's balance is faaaaaaaaaar different than before in the new Culdcept 3DS.

Culdcept series OT
Culdcept Central. Pretty much the Serebii of Culdcept sites. All art, all strategy, players, forums, tournies, ladders, news, card translation, merchandise links and more

Swim into my world son. Careful though...the water is filled with Kelpie's and Aspidochelone (its got added to the 3DS game!)

Vamphuntr

Aahahaha...no. They actually took cards from ALL the Culdcept's ever and boards as well, reworked the costs and abilities on some and put them together around the story of the PS2 game. They also created new cards and new mechanics like "revenge" and the entire game's balance is faaaaaaaaaar different than before in the new Culdcept 3DS.

Culdcept series OT
Culdcept Central. Pretty much the Serebii of Culdcept sites. All art, all strategy, players, forums, tournies, ladders, news, card translation, merchandise links and more

Swim into my world son. Careful though...the water is filled with Kelpie's and Aspidochelone (its got added to the 3DS game!)

Thank you. This was the kind of info I was looking for. I'm excited for the new mechanics and card. It's just too bad they couldn't come up with a new plot.

dave_d

I want Ys IV so badly. I am wondering if they will include both the Dawn of Ys as well as Mask of The Sun soundtracks options along with this new versions music. I sure hope they do.

Wait, is it a remake of Dawn of Ys (which was excellent btw) or Mask of the Sun.(Which I never played.)

Aeana

Wait, is it a remake of Dawn of Ys (which was excellent btw) or Mask of the Sun.(Which I never played.)
This is Falcom's first ever version of Ys 4. They never made one before. They licensed out their original scenario to two different companies, who both changed it a little (or a lot, in the case of Dawn of Ys). They've said many times that Mask of the Sun is closer to their original scenario, but at this point, it seems like this is going to be different from both Mask and Dawn.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, I found what was the scoop.

Namco Bandai isn't done with Gundam on PSP just yet (you've probably read this phrase on this site before). The latest PSP Gundam game is revealed in this week's Famitsu to be SD Gundam G Generation Overworld.

G Generation Overworld has Gundam units from a vast list of Gundam properties. I'm totally not translating this into English, but here's the list that Famitsu flying getter Sinobi transcribed:

機動戦士ガンダム/MSV/MSX/機動戦士ガンダム 第08MS小隊/
機動戦士ガンダム MSIGLOO 1年戦争秘録/機動戦士ガンダム MSIGLOO 黙示録0079/
機動戦士ガンダム MSIGLOO2 重力戦線/機動戦士ガンダム外伝 THE BLUE DESTINY/
機動戦士ガンダム外伝 宇宙、閃光の果てに/ジオニックフロント 機動戦士ガンダム0079/
機動戦士ガンダム0080 ポケットの中の戦争/Z-MSV/GUNDAM SENTINEL/
機動戦士ガンダム戦記 BATTLE FIELD RECORD U.C.0081/
機動戦士ガンダム0083 スターダスト・メモリー/機動戦士Zガンダム/
ADVANCE OF Z~ティターンズの旗のもとに/機動戦士Zガンダム A New Translation/
機動戦士ガンダムZZ/機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア/CCA-MSV/M-MSV/
機動戦士ガンダムUC/機動戦士ガンダムUC-MSV/機動戦士ガンダム 閃光のハサウェイ/
機動戦士ガンダムF90/機動戦士ガンダム シルエットフォーミュラ91/
機動戦士ガンダムF91/F91-MSV/機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム/
機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム スカルハート/∀ガンダム/
機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム 鋼鉄の7人/機動戦士Vガンダム/
機動武闘伝Gガンダム/新機動戦記ガンダムW/新機動戦記ガンダムW Endless Waltz。
新機動戦記ガンダムW デュアルストーリー G-UNIT/機動新世紀ガンダムX/
機動戦士ガンダムSEED/SEED-MSV/機動戦士ガンダムSEED ASTRAY/
機動戦士ガンダムSEED X ASTRAY/機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY/
SEED DESTINY-MSV/機動戦士ガンダムSEED C.E.73 STARGAZER/
機動戦士ガンダムOO(セカンドシーズン含)/
機動戦士ガンダムOO A wakening of the Trailblazer/
機動戦士ガンダムOOP/機動戦士ガンダムOOF/機動戦士ガンダムOOV/
機動戦士ガンダムAGE/模型戦士ガンプラビルダーズ ビギニングG/
機動戦士ガンダム シークレット・ウェポンズ ファントム・ブレット/
SDガンダムワールド ガチャポン戦士シリーズ/SDガンダムGX/
機動戦士ガンダム CROSS DIMENSION 0079/機動戦士ガンダム ギレンの野望/
G-GENERATIONシリーズ/+近日公開作品(複数)
The game will have a dual story, apparently the first time this has ever happened for the series. One story, "World Tour," takes players around the various Gundam worlds, experiencing new situations based off the various Gundam properties. The other, World Core, presents players with a story surrounding the G Generation system.

On the gameplay front, the game will have a new system called "Master Skills." Master Skills are special skills that only your leader unit can use. They include such things as "Tension Up," which raises your attack strength, Move Again, which allows you to move a unit that has already moved, Gundam Killer, which causes great damage to Gundam units, 100% Evade, which makes you evade with certainty for one turn, and Surrounding HP Recovery, which recovers your ally HP.

SD Gundam G Generation Over World will see PSP release on September 27.

Another SD Gundam on PSP.
Namco is certainly one of those who doesn't leave PSP so easily XD

Bebpo

Banned
Oh, I found what was the scoop.

Another SD Gundam on PSP.
Namco is certainly one of those who doesn't leave PSP so easily XD

Well, at this point there's nowhere else to go. 3DS isn't strong enough to support these titles to the sales Namco wants and Vita sure isn't. Best to just keep releasing PSP games for the next few years until 3DS userbase and sales get large enough to support major Namco franchises. Or if Vita does by some miracle.

AnGer

Okami HD will be a day one game for me. I really love this game and I also think everyone should have played it at least once.

I'll definitely be buying the new iMAS game, but here's hoping for a bit of a change to the formula. Doesn't have to drastic, but after playing two on 360 and one on PSP and DS, the structure is a little familiar (with the exception of Live For You).

EDIT: Yup, seen the scans and it looks like there'll be some rhythm action elements like Live For You. That's a start! Also, looks surprisingly sharp, despite the blurry scans...

Well, at this point there's nowhere else to go. 3DS isn't strong enough to support these titles to the sales Namco wants and Vita sure isn't. Best to just keep releasing PSP games for the next few years until 3DS userbase and sales get large enough to support major Namco franchises. Or if Vita does by some miracle.

We'll see how much the game will sell on PSP, given the fact it's declining pretty fast also software-wise.

duckroll

I posted this in the anime and E7AO threads, but I guess for the 4% of people who might care about a shitty -game- part of a Hybrid disc...

The OVA for Eureka Seven AO will be released on Sept 20 in Japan. It is a hybrid disc release, where they sell it in game stores as a PS3 title, but the blu-ray includes what is usually a shitty action game along with the anime OVA.

The OVA is called "The Flowers of Jungfrau" and is a 30 minute episode which takes place between ep8 and 9. Apparently it's about Ao, Elena and Fleur trying to evade being part of a documentary program. The game is called Eureka Seven Attack the Legend, and it includes short missions taken from the original TV series, the new AO series, as well as the movie.

The regular version will cost 7980yen, and there will also be a limited edition going for 10500yen. The LE includes the storyboards and script for the OVA episode, the Eureka Seven Archive, and an illustrated box. Both versions also include bonus features on the disc including a documentary on the Pachislot game, a discussion with the voice cast, as well as Eureka Seven Episode 51 New Order.

Adol's in his early 20s by the time of SEVEN. And doesn't 3 (Oath) come before 4?

You sure? I remember reading that he's at least in his late twenties. There's a bit of time lost between III, V, VI and VII due to the distances Adol And Crew need to travel to get to new destinations. (Remember, in that sequence he, basically, goes from Switzerland to Egypt to Atlantis to where Libya is today, and all with at best horse-power or sailing ships prone to exploding due to The Adol Factor.)

And it's confusing, but Ys III actually comes AFTER IV. They skipped ahead a bit when making Wanderers, and IV fills in the details of the immediate aftermath of II.

Top Bottom